Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#361 of 504 Old 08-15-2014, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalovehm View Post
I've never heard of there being a specific time...can you explain this or tell me the "ideal time"
Timing really depends on what issues you're dealing with and what protocol you and the practitioner are using. Because I don't have issues ovulating but have trouble keeping a pregnancy I see her on CD7 and O (or as close to O as possible). I also take Q10, iron, B complex, Omega 3 , probiotic, vitex, prenatal vitamin, zinc, as well as a tea I drink 2-3 times per day and homeopathic herbs at 4 different times in my cycle as well as a two forms of progesterone as well as a prescription progesterone after O.

Looks like she is at another clinic in the next town over (30 minutes away) and can fit me in on Monday so I won't miss a cycle.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 504 Old 08-15-2014, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
@Anna1979 and @discalceata so sorry AF showed up.
@SeattleRain The hotel and making it special sounds like a great idea. I havent personally been TTC for very long (tho it feels like forever because the MC put me back to square 1) but my step sister took 5 years to conceive her son. In that time I got pregnant with my kids and I felt so sad telling her the news. Of course she was happy for me, but even I felt like it just wasnt fair. Big hugs to you.
@alivewithyou nice to see you and glad you are doing well.
@perkier that sounds really fun, have a great trip!
@clarwyn keeping busy has been my main challenge over the past few months. I hope you are able to keep focused on positive things.
@Angelorum and @CountryGirl916 have a fun weekend!
@tinytina sending big hugs and positive thoughts your way.

Hello to anyone else I might have missed!

AFM nothing much new. Im on CD 9 and still spotting after a pretty heavy AF. Im guessing because this is my first AF since the MC then the chemical. I hope it doesnt mess with ovulation tho. The kids go back to school in a week, then I start classes the week after. Ive really enjoyed being home with them this summer, but on the other hand its been hard to keep myself busy and my mind off of TTC and the MC. Im only taking 2 classes this semester so Im also considering getting a little part time job just to keep myself busy.
#363 of 504 Old 08-16-2014, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I actually listened to a couple of fertility meditations this morning while on the computer (lots of deep breathing and lining up my chakras and I feel so much more calm this morning).

Hi @skinnyloveBC

Hope you enjoy the massage @discalceata

Glad you won't miss a cycle @Anna1979

Thanks for the positive thoughts and hugs @Melinda1980 . Sorry to hear that you are still spotting. Hope the distractions help you. I am taking 1 course this fall too.

Hi everyone else, enjoy the weekend!

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#364 of 504 Old 08-16-2014, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi... Sorry for being MIA. Summer has been busy! We are on cycle 5 of TTC #3 , and I had a pos opk today. This cycle I'm not doing anything other than rainbow prenatals and progesterone after ovulation.

I want to encourage seattlerain. It took us 18 cycles to concieve my 1st and 6 to conceive my second. We never found any fertility issues. It is definitely hard to wait though. Wishing you good results soon.
#365 of 504 Old 08-17-2014, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
sorry you're still spotting, Melinda. I find classes to be pretty distracting. a job sounds like a great idea too, and hey, extra money is always nice!

I had my blood drawn on Friday for my progesterone check. I'll be on pins and needles til I get the result. I really think I ovulated this month, but I won't be *sure* til I see the numbers.
#366 of 504 Old 08-17-2014, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Update: I had the Maya abdominal massage yesterday and it was actually really great. The therapist was very nice and seemed to know her stuff, and once she got to massaging she said it seems like the ligaments on my right side are quite tight and had pulled my uterus off-center, so she tried to relax them and move it back to its proper spot. By the end of the appointment, my abdomen felt very warm so it does feel like I have increased blood flow to the area. I will probably go back for one more massage a few days after my HSG so that it can help clear the dye and gunk and contaminants out from the HSG.

I'm feeling less afraid of the HSG than I was before. Just knowing when the appointment is and when it will happen helps. It's no longer in the realm of scary hypotheticals; it's just something that's going to happen. Weirdly that's released most of my stress about it. It will probably hurt, but I've been through painful experiences before, and I will most likely survive, and it just is what it is. It's worth going through it to know if there's a blockage or clear one. I'd rather go through the HSG than suffer through another month of Clomid wondering why I'm not pregnant when it's working. Taking another round of Clomid when there might be a blockage is just too awful to contemplate.
#367 of 504 Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 PM

That's really interesting about the massage. I've never really heard of that.

HSG is not so bad. Getting the catheter in was the hardest part. The rest was pretty painless. Though I didn't have any blockage. Good luck!
#368 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Does it feel like August is flying by already? Got a lot to do around the apartment.
Today is CD 6.

Waiting is the worst part as you suggest @alicenwonderlan . Thanks for stressing to never give up hoping. Glad you got a positive OPK. Summer truly has been busy.

Hope you get good results from your blood test @clarwyn

Glad the massage seemed to help @discalceata . Also glad to see that your fears are going down about the HSG dear. Hugs!

Hi everyone else!

#369 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 06:54 AM

update: the nurse just called and said that I ovulated! yay! sounds like the doctor doesn't sound too sure that it's anything but a fluke, ha. but I am quite sure it's because of all the work I've been doing (exercise, drinking tea, etc) and I bet I can do it again next month if I'm not pregnant this cycle. feeling good about this.

...and now I'm going back to sleep. haha
#370 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please put me in Waiting to be Ready

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in a *long* time, so I'll reintroduce myself: I'm Kris! I'm happy to see no names that I know (hoping they all graduated), so it's time to make new friends.

Nice to meet you all!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#371 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi all!

Welcome back, Kris - I love your screen name

@clarwyn yay for ovulation! so glad you're feeling good about things.

@tinytina - August is definitely moving quickly, but slowly too, somehow! Hope you've been able to get some projects done around your apartment. Thanks for the idea of fertility meditations - I'll have to check that out!

@discalceata glad the massage went well. I've heard good things about them from friends. Good luck with the HSG.

Agreed @alicenwonderlan it is definitely hard to wait! Glad you got your positive OPK..hope your TWW goes by quickly

@Anna1979 hope your acupuncture went well!

AFM feels like I've been waiting to O forever…I'm afraid I got spoiled by a very timely positive OPK last cycle - this time I'm on CD20 (of 32-34) and still nothing so far. I've been exercising a LOT more than previously this month too, though - wondering if that could have something to do with it.

book-loving, cross-stitching, urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, welcoming our first in June 2015!

#372 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 04:03 PM

@FyerFly - I've noticed that working out kinda messes up my cycles. I've been lazy this month and ovulated right on time. Doesn't really help my motivation to get in shape!

@clarwyn - yay for ovulating!
#373 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Hanging out at 8DPO not much happening. My chart looks pretty much like all my other non pregnant charts. When I got pregnant in 2009' my chart went triphasic at 8DPO but I understand that's a pretty early implantation pattern. I haven't totally given up yet. I just feel a certain sense of calm that I can't explain. Whatever will be, will be.

I did get some good news from my insurance. Apparently they will cover any diagnostic procedures at 80% leading me to believe there's no reason not to have fertility testing done in the next few months if I'm still not pregnant.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
#374 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 05:32 PM

ha, FyerFly, that's how I got my ov was by exercising! but I guess everybody's body is different.
#375 of 504 Old 08-18-2014, 08:31 PM

haha @alicenwonderlan - right?? I was also on the lazy side last month…and cycle was like clockwork!

@clarwyn thats really good news, hopefully i'm just impatient I think the difference might be that I have not been exercising vigorously for years (probably the last time I was on a regular routine was summer 2011..yikes!) I mean, I walk around 2 mi/day, go hiking/boating occasionally so I'm not sedentary, but in the last few weeks (with an eye towards getting in shape --> increasing fertility) I've started jogging regularly again (almost every day). So my body may be thinking -- "this is quite an adjustment…recalibrating!!" I just hope I can keep it up - I already feel so much better/healthier, and I'm imagining it will be much better in the long run - from what I've read being in shape is a good way to make pregnancy/birth/recovery more manageable

@SeattleRain so glad you've gotten good news from your insurance. Hopefully you won't need to, but I imagine if you do, ruling things out with tests will be super helpful.

#376 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Definitely working hard to keep myself busy right now.

So happy you ovulated @clarwyn , fingers crossed you can repeat it next month.

Hello and welcome @sleepingbeauty . What is your back story dear?

I agree @FyerFly - August is fast and slow both at the same time--I think its because of all the waiting right now. I got to try the mediations again- still working on finding the right one for me. We are getting things done but not as fast as I would like. There always seems to be something to do. Hope you ovulate soon dear.

Hi @alicenwonderlan

I am glad to hear you are feeling a sense of calm @SeattleRain . Reality is you cannot change it now so you need to be at peace with it. Glad to hear you got such great news from the insurance company.

Hi everyone else!

#377 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

#378 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Hello!
I'm happy to announce that I'm pregnant!
Today is 12 dpo, but I got first faint lines at 10 dpo with Wondfo one step. I took FRER on 10dpo too and it was negative, so I was confused a bit. On 11 dpo both FRER and Wondfo were BFPs, but FRER's line was sooo faint.
This was my first experience with tests from US. I expected that FRER is more sensitive, but seems like Wondfo happened to be way sensitive, at least in this case.
#379 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
@loba Congrats H&H 9 months

AFM - My appointment went well with the new doc although I did have two weird moments when she put the needle in my abdomen on the left side it really hurt and normally I hardly feel the needles and while I was in the room relaxing letting the needles do their thing I got what felt like an electric shock from the needle in my ankle all the way up my leg and I wasn't moving around or anything. I'll be seeing her again next Wednesday since I should ovulate either this weekend or Monday at the latest. I'm starting OPK's today but don't expect a positive until late this week.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#380 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@loba - Congrats!
@TinaT ina - Not too much to report, honestly. I'm pretty boring! I'm a musician-turned-librarian and ASL tutor on the side. I'm living with my boyfriend and his best friend in a quiet little town in Ulster County, NY. I came on here years ago and have been in this thread cheering everyone on ever since. We're waiting until we're on our feet a bit better before we really join in on the activities here though.

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#381 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 04:32 PM

Multiple people have made comments to me that make me wonder if it's a pregnancy sign...
- a few people asked me if I was pregnant
- my boss asked how my babies are (I only have one that I know of)
- my mood has been much more mellow this month, I just believe my body will do the right thing

I'm very superstitious, so the fact that these things all happened in a few days makes me go hmmmm.

Tomorrow is test day #1 at 10DPO!

#382 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 05:51 PM

congrats loba!

i'm a little afraid to say this, because i dont want to somehow jinx myself, but i think i have a real bfp!! i have a history of thinking there's a line but no one else can see it, but i showed it to both my hubby and our roommate, and they can both see it. it's faint, but it's definitely there!! buuuut i have also had a false positive before (long time ago). so i'm waiting to try again tomorrow before i consider myself genuinely pregnant, and even then i want my doctor to confirm it. but i had to tell somebody, so i'm telling you guys
#383 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 06:09 PM

@clarwyn That's so exciting, congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you. @loba congrats! @SeattleRain I hope these are all good signs! Can't wait to hear the results tomorrow. @discalceata what is HSG?

Big hello to everyone else.

AFM my tooth started hurting yesterday so I made an appointment with my dentist for this morning. Good thing because I woke up with a swollen face. Apparently I have an abscess in one of my teeth. I'm taking Ibuprofen and Penicillin for the next few days then next week I have to go back and get the tooth extracted. I'll probably O on Thursday and now I don't think I'll be able to catch this egg because of all this. I'd probably have the extraction on the day of implantation, give or take a day or two. So I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea. So once again I'm heartbroken and not happy I with my body. A part of me thinks that having the extraction within a day or two of implantation won't harm the egg anyway, but...I just don't know. I don't want to wait but I don't want another miscarriage. I just don't know. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
#384 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Thank you! @Melinda1980 How do you think extraction could harm the implanting embryo? I would think positively as it's not a major issue. @SeattleRain fingers crossed for tomorrow! @Clarwin I'm always hallucinating the second line, but I also know when it's not just me hallucinating Congratulations!

My parents are here for another two weeks.
#385 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 06:55 PM

@loba Im worried because of the lidocane they would have to use to numb me....but I think at that point it wouldnt even be implanted so it wouldnt hurt...I think. I honestly cant tell right now if Im being irrational or not LOL.
#386 of 504 Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 PM

What a great day for our thread - yay for all the BFPs!!

@tinytina - I tried to find a fertility meditation last night (youtube) and everything on there was…funny somehow! One was sort of a hypnosis and in another she kept stumbling over the words. I still really like the idea - if you find any good ones would you mind sharing a link?

Congrats @loba
@Anna1979 sounds like an interesting experience during acupuncture - will be curious to see if either of those things happen again or if it was a one-time thing…
@SeattleRain all fingers crossed - looking forward to your results tomorrow!
@clarwyn glad you told us, and hope your line is darker tomorrow!!
@Melinda1980 sorry about your tooth, that sounds really stressful and frustrating. Hugs to you.

#387 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Congrats @loba

Weird experience @Anna1979 , not sure when I will ovulate yet either- today is CD 8

Thanks for the introduction @sleepingbeauty

Good luck testing @SeattleRain

Congrats @clarwyn

I cannot see that having your tooth extracted would hurt an embryo @Melinda1980 , I am so sorry to hear about your tooth issue. Discuss it with your doctor or dentist if you are really concerned dear

I will let you know if I find something that I like (fertility mediations) @FyerFly - also send some my way if you find something you like.

#388 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Please move me to Waiting to O. Thank you!

Congratulations for the BFPs!!! So happy for you guys!

Another short cycle of 24 days for me. I didn't temp this month, and never got EWCM, but I think I ovulated on CD14. I've had a 10-day LP for 6 months or so. My acupuncturist attributes it to nursing DD and suggested I wean, but we're not ready for that. Oh well, it's just the first month trying. We waited 8 months for DD. And this is probably a good thing because it gives us time to solidify our change to a vegan diet and more time to focus on DD who's turning 2 in October. (By the way, @Angelorum , we were in the same DDC! I didn't post much then, but I remember your name! Hi!)
#389 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 08:53 AM

BFN this morning, but my temp is actually still on the higher side for me. I typically have a pretty pronounced curve that starts to dip at around 6DPo but I actually don't have one this month. My pee actually wasn't very concentrated when I tested at 7am because I woke up at 4 to pee and my pee was very light, so I'm hoping that's why it was a negative result. I'm also only 10DPO so there's still time to make some magic appear there.

Another good omen (grasping at straws?) last night I turned on PBS kids for my son at a restaurant (don't judge me, it 90 degrees here and yesterday was my first day back at my classroom) and it randomly chose the "you're going to be a big brother episode" of Daniel Tiger for my son to watch. Crazy huh?

#390 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 AM

Congrats @loba !

@Melinda1980 tooth problems are the pits. I just had a filling today at 3dpo. I'm relieved it wasn't later, but definitely would have preferred to miss the 2ww.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page