~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#391 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
thanks everybody! I took a blue test this morning and got a squinter, but I don't have a lot of faith in blue tests. plus I'm only CD 25 and O'd at CD 16, so it's pretty early yet. then I took my other pink test (FRER) just now (couldn't stop myself) and it was identical to yesterday's. the line is light, but strong enough to photograph. so I'm assuming it's worth calling my doctor........and I'm also going to buy some dollar store sticks. lol

I am a little worried, because I was thinking back to that "false positive", and reading more, and I think it may have been CP. AF was a week late, I had a bfp (faint but there), and then I started bleeding. so now, remembering that the nurse said my progesterone is lower than she would like, I'm concerned. time to talk to the doctor.

@Melinda1980 , I also don't think implantation should be affected, but that definitely seems like a question for your doctor if you're worried about it. good luck either way.
#392 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I had my HSG today and it was nowhere NEAR as bad as I'd feared. I'm pretty annoyed at my doctor for scaring me as much as she did - she didn't want to order the test, told me how much it was going to hurt, OH THE PAIN, and finally she ordered it saying I couldn't yell at her for the pain when it was over. She also told me a horrible story about a woman she saw as a student who got a raging pelvic infection afterward and seriously, dude, I did not need to hear that.

What it actually was, was more like a pap smear without the scrape. The speculum was the worst part. I was scared of the canula insertion but that was quick and only a bit uncomfortable, and then it hurt a bit when they inflated the balloon, and the rest of the procedure was definitely uncomfortable but not agonizing. It was really not a big-ass deal at all. It was over in ten minutes. And the doctor and tech were some of the nicest people I've ever met, they were kind and considerate and treated me very well. Whew!

Anyway the test showed no blockage in my tubes, and everything in there looks great, so we're back to the old "everything is perfectly perfect, I have no idea why you're not pregnant." But at least we checked something off the list. I might look for a new doc. All my current doc wants to do is throw Clomid at it every month.
#393 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Has anyone ever had blood tinged cervical mucous...it's bright red and not brown...very faint and in the mucous. I had a bit yesterday and then today....I've NEVER had this before. I understand after researching that it can be with ovulation...but what I can't determine is if it means ovulation has already occurred or is coming? I'm on cycle day 13. Was going to take tonight off from BD...but thinking maybe we should keep at it. Thoughts? Has anyone had this? I'm 36 and have really never had this.
#394 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 PM

@mamalovehm , i have had it and i assumed it was breakthrough bleeding. but i dont actually know that for sure.

i had a blood test today, so tomorrow i should have more definite news. i'm grateful that my doctor is being understanding and not telling me to wait a little longer. and they said if i do have low progesterone then they will give me something for it right away. so that makes me feel a LOT better.

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

#395 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Fingers crossed, @clarwyn

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1
#396 of 504 Old 08-20-2014, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi ladies, I would love to join if you don't mind! We are officially TTC #4 .

Currently I'm in the 2ww, this is our first cycle trying and we only dtd once in my fertile window due to travel. I am either 9 or 10dpo and got a a BFN today. I know that doesn't mean much but in my three successful pregnancies I had a BFP at 9dpo (my miscarriage I got a BFP at 12dpo). Will test daily until BFP or AF arrives!

Also, if I'm not pregnant this month it will be the first time ever that I haven't conceived on the first shot (including my m/c!) so the pressure's on, haha. Next month would actually be better timing-wise and we should have more opportunity for dtd as well. Maybe my body knows! We will be TTC for a few cycles and then will break for a bit due to work logistics.

Looking forwarding to getting to know you all!
#397 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 216 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

AFM: Nothing really to report here. Still waiting but getting closer to getting the spare bedroom done.

Sorry to hear about your short cycle @skinnyloveBC

Fingers crossed still @SeattleRain

Hi @alicenwonderlan

Definitely talk to the doctor if you are concerned @clarwyn . Hope your blood test gives you good results dear. Fingers crossed

I think you definitely should look for a new doctor. Glad the HSG went well though and not nearly as painful as your doctor suggested @discalceata

Sorry I have never had that experience before @mamalovehm

Hello and welcome @blissful_maia

Hi everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#398 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

#399 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Today is 11 DPO. I just got the highest temp my chart has seen this month, making my chart actually go a little triphasic. I couldn't keep my eyes open at 8pm last night so I went to bed and slep soundly until my husbands alarm woke me up at 7am. I've never slept like that unless I was pregnant. Other than that I have no symptoms, no nipple pain, nothing. All yesterday I felt like crying, but that could also be PMS.

This morning I tested and spilled my pee cup all over the bathroom which was awesome. Only to have one of those Clearblue Digitals tell me I'm not pregnant. Harrumph.

Here's my lovely chart: http://fertilityfriend.com/home/269c41

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#400 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 AM

the doctor just called and confirmed me for a BFP!! she also said my progesterone looks really good now. i'm getting another check on friday to confirm everything's steady, but so far looks like we're in business!

to everyone!!!
SeattleRain and discalceata like this.

#401 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarwyn View Post
the doctor just called and confirmed me for a BFP!! she also said my progesterone looks really good now. i'm getting another check on friday to confirm everything's steady, but so far looks like we're in business!

to everyone!!!
Huge congrats clarwyn!!!!
#402 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

So sorry @SeattleRain . Hugs hun

Excellent news @clarwyn , congrats!

#403 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarwyn View Post

to everyone!!!
Fabulous news, so happy for you! Did they check your Progesterone?
#404 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM

@discalceata glad it wasnt too painful. Its good that there are no issues, but Im sure that only makes it more frustrating.
@mamalovehm Ive had that after ovulation, not before. I know for me personally now that Im seriously TTC Im noticing every little thing that might have happened in the past but I didnt even notice.
@blissful_maia Hello and welcome! Both of my kids and my recent MC were conceived on the first try too. This is my first cycle TTC after the MC so Im hoping to keep that trend up.
@SeattleRain Fingers crossed for you! It took my forever to get a BFP with the CB tests in the past, like a week or two after I got one on the FRER.

AFM I decided to give it a go and we DTD on Tuesday night. I typically (before mc) O on CD15 which is today. I also typically have some slight cramping along with O which I had this morning. It didnt feel the exact same as it usually does tho so who knows. I realize that everything could be completely off because of the MC. We'll DTD again tonight and hope for the best. If no luck this cycle Ill be okay with it tho with this whole tooth thing going on.
#405 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 01:37 PM

There is a tiny yellow heart growing in my Jade plant. A good friend said its a sign. I hope shes right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jade.jpg (70.9 KB, 14 views)
SeattleRain likes this.
#406 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda1980 View Post
There is a tiny yellow heart growing in my Jade plant. A good friend said its a sign. I hope shes right
Well you know how I feel about good omens!

#407 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello, everyone!

I'm Jen, and DH and I are TTC #1 ! In our case, it's TTC after a miscarriage at 5 weeks several years ago, and some health issues (and waiting to be in a good place to start again) since then.

I suppose the best place to add me is in waiting to O, though it's really more 'waiting for AF so I know when cycle day 1 is'. I finished out my last pack of progesterone-only birth control pills this past Monday, and started charting temps this past Sunday. We're hoping the endometrosis that I've had three surgeries for is still in check, but my midwife thinks that I'm in pretty good shape on that front.

Things are also a bit more complicated for us because I have bipolar II disorder. My midwife strongly recommended a perinatal mental health clinic - not in a pushy way, but because she wants me to be as stable as I can be during pregnancy - and I go see the brain doc (as DH puts it) tomorrow morning.

We're going to make any med adjustments that need to be made and then wait for AF. My last one started on August 5th, but since I was on BCP at the time, I'm not sure if that's going to be the standard timing or not.

It's good to meet everyone!

Jen! (33) Married to David (34) 9 years, mom to . Missing our 2008 , now TTC #1!

- follow along!
#408 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
@clarwyn Congrats

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#409 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi. I am new and ttc. I am waiting to see if I am going to start. I hate having to wait!
#410 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 05:06 PM

@SeattleRain I've never been much for that kind of thinking, but lately I'll take all the good luck I can get! This summer has been really rough for me but hopefully the change in seasons will bring lots of other changes along with it.

Welcome @centerednova and @akmcg !
#411 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 06:01 PM

Awesome @Melinda1980 about the plant and wishing you continued easy conception vibes!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#412 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@clarwyn - Congrats!

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#413 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda1980 View Post
@SeattleRain I've never been much for that kind of thinking, but lately I'll take all the good luck I can get! This summer has been really rough for me but hopefully the change in seasons will bring lots of other changes along with it.

Welcome @centerednova and @akmcg !
Fall always brings good things for me! Hopefully the luck will wear off on you too! And me for that matter...

#414 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 08:04 PM

thanks everybody!
@Melinda1980 , yes they did check my progesterone and they said it looks fine now. maybe they thought it was low before because i went in to get the ovulation blood test a day earlier than they told me to. good luck to you with this cycle, hopefully your jade plant omen is correct

welcome @centerednova ! i hope your appointment with the "brain doc" goes well and you get your meds adjusted comfortably.
@akmcg , waiting is the worst. are you in tww? welcome

#415 of 504 Old 08-21-2014, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Congrats, @clarwyn !! So happy for your good news.
@Melinda1980 that little heart is so sweet! Thanks for sharing
@SeattleRain I looovvve fall and hope it brings you all kinds of luck as per usual.

Welcome @centerednova and hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!

AFM still waiting to O. CD 23 and its starting to feel a little ridiculous! Finally had what I hope is a sign today - tiny bit of pink spotting. Same thing happened a few days before O last month (I'm actually going to read back through my posts to figure out exactly how many days before it was!!) Fingers crossed that it happens this month and I don't just go straight to AF...

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1
#416 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I'm away for a weekend and I miss loads!

AF showed up right when we got home from our weekend away so please move me back to Waiting to O.I feel good about this cycle (but I always do, I guess). I'm working to increase my iron levels, getting acupuncture, and trying to stay in a good relaxed frame of mind. We're moving to a new house in a month, so I have plenty to think about! There are lots of people that wait out one cycle after a CP and then get a BFP the next time, so I'm hoping that this month will be lucky for us although we didn't wait out that one cycle.

Congrats so very much to @clarwyn and @loba !

@discalceata So glad to hear that the HSG went smoothly. Weird that your doctor was trying to freak you out about it. Maybe she had a really negative experience one time with someone getting really upset, and that scarred her? I concur that you should probably look for a new doctor. Maybe someone new will have some new ideas.

@Anna1979 I really like those weird electrical things that happen in acupuncture. It makes me feel like I'm not wasting my money!

@sleepingbeauty Happy waiting! Glad you're here.

@Melinda1980 Tooth problems are the worst! Your jade plant is great.

@SeattleRain Fingers crossed for you! That chart looks good to me but I'm not a super experienced chart reader. It's still early so there's plenty of time for you to get a BFP still!

Hi @tinytina and @FyerFly and everyone that I missed! Welcome @centerednova and @akmcg and @blissful _maya!
#417 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone has a great and relaxing weekend.

AFM: CD 10, tomorrow I start using the OPK's.

Hi @Melinda1980 , fingers crossed that you caught your O. Love your jade plant

Hi @SeattleRain and @Anna1979

Hello and welcome @centerednova

Hi and welcome @akmcg - tell us a little about yourself

Hi @blissful_maia and @sleepingbeauty

Hi @clarwyn

Fingers crossed you O soon @FyerFly

Sorry to hear AF found you @perkier . Fingers crossed for your next cycle dear

#418 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

#419 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I wanted to pop in for a second to share our good news. I got a on my 34th birthday! After 6 years of wanting to add to our family that was the most amazing gift. My best friend of over 20 years and her 2 year old were staying with us at the time, so they got to join in on the celebrations. I'm at 6 weeks now, going by LMP and I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound. I have a feeling, about 60% sure, it might be twins again. I hope so, I've always wanted a twin or triplet birth.

Very best of luck to everyone who is still TTC. Sticky vibes everyone!
clarwyn likes this.

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  

Last edited by AntoninBeGonin; 08-22-2014 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Bolding
#420 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 07:22 AM

12DPO: BFN this morning, temp still above the cover line but I guess that's normal since I have a 12 day LP. Feeling a little down

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page