~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#421 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats @AntoninBeGonin !

Hugs to you, @SeattleRain ... were you in here the last time I popped in a few years ago? Your name rings a bell. If so, hi again!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
@perkier , what's a CP? Sorry if it's obvious! Good luck with your move and swift conception soon after!

@AntoninBeGonin , wow! Congratulations! Enjoy every minute and come back and let us know if it's two (or three)!

@SeattleRain , hugs. I'm in the same boat. 11 or 12dpo today and still BFN. I have a 14 day LP but I have never gotten a BFP so late with a term pregnancy. Even though I've made peace with the next couple mos being "it" instead it's still a bit of a downer and I'm disappointed my body broke it's one-shot streak lol.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#423 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Congratulations, @AntoninBeGonin ! That's the best kind of birthday gift.

Hugs to you, @SeattleRain . Here's hoping that BFN turns into a BFP soon!

As for me? The appointment with the brain docs went wonderfully. We sat down and went through my med list, discussed the pros and cons of everything, and they looked at the list and said 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Hurray for that! They also suggested I add mood tracking to my chart, so I can have a solid pattern there. I feel like I'm in very good hands, between the midwifery clinic and the perinatal mental health clinic.

At this point, we've been given the go-ahead to start things up! Very happy, very excited.

Jen! (33) Married to David (34) 9 years, mom to . Missing our 2008 , now TTC #1!

- follow along!
#424 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
Congrats @AntoninBeGonin !

Hugs to you, @SeattleRain ... were you in here the last time I popped in a few years ago? Your name rings a bell. If so, hi again!
I got pregnant with my son in September 2009. We're you around then?

I just can't help thinking there has to be something wrong with me. We've been having well timed inter course for 7 cycles and were still not pregnant. I just keep wondering when it will be my turn. Everywhere I go the universe seems to be flaunting babies and pregnancies in my face and it's depressing.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
#425 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Big hugs to you @SeattleRain . Thinking of you.

book-loving, cross-stitching, urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, welcoming our first in June 2015!

#426 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
@clarwyn Im glad your levels were good!
@FyerFly I hope you did O and you caught the egg!
@perkier I hope this is the month for you! But if not its nice to have lots going on to keep yourself busy with. Good luck with the move!
@tinytina I hope the OPKs work well for you.
@AntoninBeGonin Congrats!
@SeattleRain so sorry about the BFN and Im so sorry you're feeling down. I hope things start looking up soon. Big hugs to you.
@blissful_maia sorry about your BFN as well. After my recent MC I suspect my body will break its streak as well. I feel like my body is on my shit list lately LOL.
@centerednova so glad the appointment went well and you can go ahead with things!

AFM I cant tell if I O'd on Thursday or not. I had milky CM on Tuesday and slight cramping on Thursday. I dont always get the EWCM, sometimes just the milky CM a few days before O. So it seems like I probably did O. But after everything my body has been through these past few months I cant imagine going right back to my normal O schedule right away. But all signs say that I did. Plus the kids went camping with their dad this weekend so even if Im going to O in the next few days Ill definitely have good coverage

So Im going to go ahead and say that I can be moved to the Two Week Wait!
#427 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
congrats @AntoninBeGonin ! very cool timing
@SeattleRain , sorry you're feeling down. hugs to you. remind me if you've had your hubby checked out?
@centerednova , glad your appointment went well glad they didn't have to change your meds, it can be such a pain to get readjusted! yay for getting the go-ahead!

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

#428 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 04:18 PM

psst @tinytina , i think you missed me got my BFP. thanks!

#429 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@SeattleRain , sorry to hear about your BFN. That sucks. Lots of luck to you for next cycle.
@centerednova , that's awesome news!
@Melinda1980 , I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for all the congratulations!

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#430 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
@clarwyn I am not sure what tww means haha sorry I am new to the lingo. About myself. I have no kids been married five years in September. Turn 27 in october and would love to br pregnant by then! I am taking a hpt in the morning because I drink alot of water. I was suppose to start today and nothing. I am keeping my fingers crossed that its a bfp! I am soooo normal that I just hope that its that.
#431 of 504 Old 08-22-2014, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I
Hope this is the most relevant thread for me! I accidentally posted in the November one!
I'm ttc #3 , blessed to have 2 beautiful girls, 7&3.
Today is cd15 so maybe I'm on the tww, but I don't know! We bd'd cd11
&13 and I haven't seen any fertile like cm, so I thinking maybe I'm pg or maybe I'm way off the mark and not even near O yet. Who knows.
Super excited, slightly nervous - had terrible all day sickness for months on my previous 2.
I'm. Canadian on the west coast, married an Irishman. Lactation consultant but sort of on hiatus for the last 2 years as wanted to focus on my girlies.
#432 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 12:54 AM

welcome @JennyT
@akmcg , tww means two week wait

#433 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

AFM: CD 11, got to take my first ovulation predictor test this morning

Congrats @AntoninBeGonin

So sorry @SeattleRain , hope you feel better hun. I know I saw two new announcements on facebook this morning and I cannot help but get a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach because of it.

Hi @sleepingbeauty and @blissful_maia and @FyerFly

Glad your appointment went so well @centerednova . Definitely sounds like you are in great hands

I have a love/hate relationship with the ovulation kits @Melinda1980 but we need to do it in order to properly schedule our IUI procedure. So happy you can be moved into the TWW! Glad you get some alone time this weekend. Enjoy it.

Wasn't sure if you were ready to be moved or not @clarwyn .

Hi and welcome @akmcg

Hi and welcome @JennyT

Hi everyone!

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#434 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#435 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarwyn View Post
welcome @JennyT
@akmcg , tww means two week wait
So BFN this morning but, I am never late even a day on my period. So, I dont know if I should wait more time and try again. Maybe I am too early?
#436 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 08:41 AM

By the way I'm waiting to hear
#437 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! @akmcg -
it might be too early still! Maybe wait a few days and try again (I know, torture, right?!)

Argh. I haven't been able to sleep these last few nights. DD2 was up in the night and then I couldn't get back to sleep at all. Same thing last night, every little noise woke me up and then all I could think about was baby, baby, baby! We're also hoping to buy a house in the nxt year so that has my head spinning too.
Since we have to dds it would be fun to have a baby boy (should I be so lucky to get pg!) but I honestly just want a baby. That being said, part of me was thinking if we should at least spend one month 'trying' that method that follows the theory that male sperm cells swim faster but don't live for very long, so dtd right at ovulation or the next day. A bigger part of me feels like that doesn't really make much of a difference. I don't know.
#438 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 10:27 AM

ps - what does 'changes in bold' mean? Like if we've gone from TTC to the TWW, we should update that in bold? If so, I think I'm going to say im TTC right now, as I didn't have any definite sign of O yet. My cycle can sometimes be quite long, so I don't want to get my hopes up too soon in the event this is a longer cycle. So i'll wait a few days, or until I have symptoms.
#439 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Congrats to the new BFP's!!!
Love following everyone!
Move me to the officials 2 week wait!
Hoping for a BFP soon!
#440 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 10:54 AM

@tinytina , is there a way to bold on mobile? I almost exclusively use MDC on my phone...

Another BFN here at CD28/12dpo so I'm 99% sure I'm out! I have a 30 day cycle like clockwork so I expect AF to rear her head by Monday!
#441 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
How is it Saturday already? We came back from our long weekend on Tuesday night, the trip was nice. Things were looking pretty fertile when we came back, and all this sex is obviously cutting into my computer time, haha. I'm not sure whether I've ovulated or not though. I'm on CD 15 today. My temp was oddly high yesterday morning, but ds2 still wakes me in the night, so I'm never sure if that is messing up my morning temp or not. My CM was still at least creamy, if not EW and my cervix felt wide open, so we still BD last night. Then I forgot to put my phone by my bed so I could hear the alarm to take my temperature this morning. I took it an hour late, so of course it was also higher than normal pre O temps. Does anyone else have a hard time distinguishing between EWCM and leftover semen? I'm never quite sure which is which I really want to pin down a good O date, so I can tell if my LP length is improving, and also have a good solid EDD if I get a BFP.

Welcome @JennyT . You are right, if your status changes (from waiting to ovulate, to two week wait, etc) put it in bold, so the thread keeper has an easy time seeing it. For what it's worth, my older son was conceived the day I O'd (good boy baby timing) and my younger son was conceived 4 whole days before O. I was really convinced because of the timing and other things that he was going to be a girl. I would love to have a girl next time, but I'm afraid if we leave a few days between DTD and O like you are supposed to for a girl that I won't get pregnant at all, so we're just going for it, and crossing our fingers for a girl. I'll be in love with a boy if that's how it happens, of course.

Congratulations @clarwyn and @AntoninBeGonin !

@skinnyloveBC Maybe we'll end up in the same DDC again!

Glad to hear the massage and HSG both went well, @discalceata

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

#442 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
How is it Saturday already? We came back from our long weekend on Tuesday night, the trip was nice. Things were looking pretty fertile when we came back, and all this sex is obviously cutting into my computer time, haha. I'm not sure whether I've ovulated or not though. I'm on CD 15 today. My temp was oddly high yesterday morning, but ds2 still wakes me in the night, so I'm never sure if that is messing up my morning temp or not. My CM was still at least creamy, if not EW and my cervix felt wide open, so we still BD last night. Then I forgot to put my phone by my bed so I could hear the alarm to take my temperature this morning. I took it an hour late, so of course it was also higher than normal pre O temps. Does anyone else have a hard time distinguishing between EWCM and leftover semen? I'm never quite sure which is which I really want to pin down a good O date, so I can tell if my LP length is improving, and also have a good solid EDD if I get a BFP.

Welcome @JennyT . You are right, if your status changes (from waiting to ovulate, to two week wait, etc) put it in bold, so the thread keeper has an easy time seeing it. For what it's worth, my older son was conceived the day I O'd (good boy baby timing) and my younger son was conceived 4 whole days before O. I was really convinced because of the timing and other things that he was going to be a girl. I would love to have a girl next time, but I'm afraid if we leave a few days between DTD and O like you are supposed to for a girl that I won't get pregnant at all, so we're just going for it, and crossing our fingers for a girl. I'll be in love with a boy if that's how it happens, of course.

Congratulations @clarwyn and @AntoninBeGonin !

@skinnyloveBC Maybe we'll end up in the same DDC again!

Glad to hear the massage and HSG both went well, @discalceata
@Angelorum - I have a hard time telling between EWCM and leftover semen. I think there was the beginnings of EWCM yesterday, not in copious amounts but it was there...we bd'd this morning and I didn't check the quality of CM first so I think i'll have a hard time identifying it today.
I was also wondering if I did get pregnant on CD13, or 11, if I would even have EWCM?
Good to hear there was a boy conceived 4 days pre o! I thought that surely that cant be a rule of conception, as it wouldn't seem to be a biologically appropriate way to maintain a consistent ratio of males:females!
#443 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 04:33 PM

Technically you aren't pregnant until implantation, which happens about a weekish after ovulation. To say I conceived 4 days pre O (it was cd 11) is kind of misleading, but we really don't have a better word for baby-making sex. I had sex on CD 11, and 4 days later when I ovulated (after all the normal temp/mucous signs and symptoms) the egg met some lingering swimmers and was fertilized and then traveled down to the uterus where it implanted several days later. It's not until implantation that your body knows anything is different. Implantation could have happened while I was standing in the kitchen making dinner, for all I know. It's just not as romantic as thinking back on the steamy evening with dh as ds2's "conception".

#444 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 05:01 PM

@Angelorum , I thought I recognized your name then saw we both have July 09 boys!

As for the semen vs. EWCM I find it has to do with the stretchiness. They are both super slippery but on my most fertile day or two I can stretch my EWCM a good 3 inches but semen only a teeny bit. HTH! Lol

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#445 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
@Angelorum , I thought I recognized your name then saw we both have July 09 boys!

As for the semen vs. EWCM I find it has to do with the stretchiness. They are both super slippery but on my most fertile day or two I can stretch my EWCM a good 3 inches but semen only a teeny bit. HTH! Lol
that helps! thanks!

So correction; if I have an egg that has been fertilized, but not yet implanted, would I still get/see the EWCM?
#446 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT View Post
that helps! thanks!

So correction; if I have an egg that has been fertilized, but not yet implanted, would I still get/see the EWCM?

Yes, because the EWCM would precede the the egg even being released, which has to happen before the egg can be fertilized. The sperm can hang around waiting for the egg for up to 5 days in the right conditions, which is why you could get pregnant from sex that happened a few days before ovulation.

#447 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, cool! I can't believe they are 5 already!

Quote:
Good tip! The things I never thought I would talk about...

#448 of 504 Old 08-23-2014, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Well, it's the end of 13DPO and I'm still here and no sign of AF which makes me feel cautiously optimistic. Looking over my last few LPs it looks like 50%of the time I have a 13 day LP, so I can't quite say I'm late until tomorrow. I didn't temp today until after a nap at 4pm (kid wet the bed last night, I forgot to temp while I was dealing with urine....) and the temp is obviously still high. If temp is high still tomorrow, I'll test. If temp is low, I'll know for sure in guess since I've never had a 14 day LP and not been pregnant. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
#449 of 504 Old 08-24-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
Well, it's the end of 13DPO and I'm still here and no sign of AF which makes me feel cautiously optimistic. Looking over my last few LPs it looks like 50%of the time I have a 13 day LP, so I can't quite say I'm late until tomorrow. I didn't temp today until after a nap at 4pm (kid wet the bed last night, I forgot to temp while I was dealing with urine....) and the temp is obviously still high. If temp is high still tomorrow, I'll test. If temp is low, I'll know for sure in guess since I've never had a 14 day LP and not been pregnant. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Crossing everything!!

#450 of 504 Old 08-24-2014, 02:53 AM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Back for personals later, but a quick question for anyone who's familiar with clearblue digital OPKs. I started testing this morning for this cycle at cd6 and got a solid smiley. The past 2 months I've gotten the usual progression of blank circle, blinking smiley, solid smiley. What gives? The reader is now 3 months old, but it seems like the battery should last longer than that. We dtd last night so checking cm is tricky. Should I go with for few days assuming I am fertile, or panic buy another reader?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page