Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#451 of 504 Old 08-24-2014, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
Back for personals later, but a quick question for anyone who's familiar with clearblue digital OPKs. I started testing this morning for this cycle at cd6 and got a solid smiley. The past 2 months I've gotten the usual progression of blank circle, blinking smiley, solid smiley. What gives? The reader is now 3 months old, but it seems like the battery should last longer than that. We dtd last night so checking cm is tricky. Should I go with for few days assuming I am fertile, or panic buy another reader?
@perkier I hated the CB digi! It gave me a peak reading at 12 DP... Three days before I actually ovulated. I just don't trust them anymore. Maybe go buy some cheap, regular line tests at target to cross reference?

14DPO, definitely not pregnant. Temp dropped to just at the cover line this morning and a Wondfo was BFN.hello cycle #8 I suppose.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#452 of 504 Old 08-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
@SeattleRain s

Does anyone else have a really looong fertile phase? I'm on my 4th or 5th day of EWCM over here, and that's after a couple days of wet and creamy. I think it's the breastfeeding hormones still messing with things a bit. Temp dropped back down to the normal pre O range this morning, so I'm pretty sure the high ones were just a fluke.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#453 of 504 Old 08-24-2014, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
@SeattleRain s

Does anyone else have a really looong fertile phase? I'm on my 4th or 5th day of EWCM over here, and that's after a couple days of wet and creamy. I think it's the breastfeeding hormones still messing with things a bit. Temp dropped back down to the normal pre O range this morning, so I'm pretty sure the high ones were just a fluke.
I do! I usually have 2-3 days of creamy and 4 of true EWCM!

@SeattleRain , sorry to hear. I hope next month is it! It's so hard when our bodies play these tricks on us.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#454 of 504 Old 08-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry about the bfn @SeattleRain

Congrats @clarwyn

Welcome everyone I missed.

I'm currently 7dpo with no real symptoms. I have a stomach flu today and called in from work. So yucky.
#455 of 504 Old 08-24-2014, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Sorry about the bfn seattlerain

I don't know what's going on with me. I'm on cd17. Cycle ranges from 28-33 days. I haven't seen any obvious ewcm (usually very obvious), there is wet/clear cm but not like what is normally get. I wonder if I missed the window or had the ewcm confused with semen? Idk. But I did have ovulation pain on one side, like I usually get about 2 days ago.
We've been dtd fairly regularly - like every couple days at least, so I suppose I'll just sit tight and wait.
My youngest dd had a vomiting bug last night the 2 nights previous I had insomnia so I'm like a zombie. We have houseguests coming tomorrow for a week. My landlord is doing my head in as well - wanting to store a fridge outside our apartment for 2 weeks. Really?!
Anyone here into yoga? I'm wondering how my practice will change if i get pregnant!
#456 of 504 Old 08-25-2014, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Hey everyone,

AFM: CD 13, no positive OPK yet. My parents are coming up this evening, going to spend time with my brother until late Wednesday and then they will be visiting here until the following Saturday.
@akmcg , sorry to hear about your BFN

Hi @JennyT , yes if you want to change your status from Waiting to O to TWW if its in bold it is easier for me or the threadkeeper to see and make the appropriate changes. I will put you in Waiting to O. Sorry you couldn't sleep. I often find it very difficult to shut my brain off. Hope your youngest feels better. It definitely sounds busy at your place.

Hi @mamalovehm , hope the TWW goes quickly for you.

I am not sure if you can bold on a mobile phone, sorry @blissful_maia . Sorry to hear about your BFN.

Glad you are having so much fun trying @Angelorum . Hope you can figure out your O time.

Sorry hun @SeattleRain
@perkier - My experience's with ovulation kits: I had no success with a digital first response ovulation kit (I can only use specific ones/brands because the clinic wants one that is only good for 24-36 hours rather than 48 hours). I hated the digital kit- and mine was only good for 2 months or once you get a positive result. So I went to non-digital tests last month and this month.

Hope you feel better @alicenwonderlan

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#457 of 504 Old 08-25-2014, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

#458 of 504 Old 08-25-2014, 07:06 AM

Today is CD30 for me, 14dpo. My last bfn was 2 days ago. No more tests in the house lol. My cycle is *never* longer than 30 days (always either 29 or 30). I feel pretty crampy but no AF yet. Will update later today.
#459 of 504 Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have never had a cycle longer than 28 days. So when I was 2 days late I thought pregnant. But then AF came and a BFN. So, I don't know whether I should use a 28 or 30 day cycle.also I got a BBT thermometer. But I haven't used one , how do I know when I am ovulating? And what should my temperature be? Sorry I am new to all this!
#460 of 504 Old 08-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been lurking for the past week, finally remembered my login info so I can comment

This is our first cycle TTC since DD(2.5) was born. She is still nursing frequently, and almost all night these days (thanks a lot, 2-year molars! ). I'm 9dpo with a 12 day luteal phase. Am I just setting myself up for disappointment if I test tomorrow morning? I'll be using a dollar tree test, if that makes a difference...

#461 of 504 Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 PM

@akmcg , I would use a 28 day cycle if that's your usual length (though both 28 and 30 are healthy and average).

@Brighids Flame , welcome and good luck! FWIW, I tested positive with all 3 of my kiddos at 9dpo so a $1 test is worth the thrill I think!

AFM, it's the end of CD30 and no AF! Still feeling super achy and crampy though like it's right around the corner so I'm sure my body is just playing tricks with me! I decided that if tomorrow comes and goes with no AF I will test Wed am.
#462 of 504 Old 08-25-2014, 10:35 PM

it's terrible, I haven't a clue when i tested with dd2. Must have been cd28. dd1 was a surprise and I was 6weeks + when I found out I was pregnant.
Cd 16 now, and finally I have ewcm! But I have 3 houseguests and the kids are in the bed with us now - argh!!!!! I don't see dtd in my future am I mean to ovulate a day after seeing ewcm, or is it more once the ewcm is gone then I know o'd?
#463 of 504 Old 08-26-2014, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Fingers remain crossed @blissful_maia

Use both dates to get a range dear for ovulation @akmcg . My cycles range from 26-28 days so we calculate ovulation based on both dates. The clinic uses the formula CD-17= and CD-11= So my ovulation ranges from 28-17= 11 and 26-11= 15 So I will ovulate between CD 11-15
I am using ovulation prediction kit from CD 11 to 15. If you want to start doing the chart (temping) I would do some research online about it.

Hi and welcome @Brighids Flame . Good luck if you decide to test

If it helps @JennyT , I take an ovulation test in the morning get a positive result and the clinic schedules our insemination for the next day at noon (my ovulation tests are the more sensitive ones 24-36 hours instead of the 48 hour ones). Hope you manage to find some time for dtd.

Hi everyone!

#464 of 504 Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Temps shot up this morning so it's safe to say I O'd. Please move me to waiting to know. I think we had pretty good coverage this cycle.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#465 of 504 Old 08-26-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna1979 View Post
Temps shot up this morning so it's safe to say I O'd. Please move me to waiting to know. I think we had pretty good coverage this cycle.
Good luck!!!!

I am so annoyed! Today is CD31, what I thought was 15dpo and I have a bfn this am. I even sprung for a FRER! So now I have the disappointment of being my pregnant this cycle, but also now my next ovulation will hit exactly when my dh is gone for a business trip. Ugh. We will still do our best, but the timing will be crummy. Boo all around this am.
#466 of 504 Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Fingers crossed, @Anna1979

I think AF is coming early for me, which is actually very welcome because I am so so tired of peeing on sticks!! I think it's safe to say I may not have O'd this cycle (or O'd too early to catch it with OPKs, which I doubt). Looking forward to getting AF fully (probably tomorrow) so I can have a fresh start and hopefully have better luck with O next cycle…and if this same thing happens again, I may need to tone down my exercise routines. I'm not doing THAT much (exercising 4-5 times/week: either jogging 1.5-2 miles and some light weight lifting or swimming about 1/2 mile depending on what I feel like doing each day) but it's still a whole lot more than I was doing before this summer. And since I had such a textbook cycle/O date when my exercise was lighter, it really seems like the exercise is having some effect...

Sorry for your BFN @blissful_maia

Any news from your end @tinytina ?

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1
#467 of 504 Old 08-26-2014, 09:39 PM

Sorry for your BFN, blissfull_maia and bummer your dh will be away. Let's hope you get a spermy that takes it's sweet time and then you can catch your o day even with dh being gone
So I had ewcm today as well. So bummed that we can't bd right now. We live in a teeny apartment and dd2 is in the bed right now with our guests here. I suppose we could go for a drive or something fingers are crossed that something stuck around from a few days ago.
So I suppose I can be put to the 2ww (can't bold on phone).
Do you think exercise is affecting your cycle?
#468 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

#469 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

AFM: No news here yet. Might not be around much over the next couple days. My parents are arriving here later today and are staying until Saturday.

Glad you O'd and that you got some great coverage @Anna1979

Sorry to hear about your BFN and less than ideal timing next month @blissful_maia

Hope AF finds you soon @FyerFly , sorry to hear about not O'ing or missing it.

Sorry the timing isn't ideal @JennyT

#470 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 09:10 AM

CD17 here, and the 7th day of EWCM. I was really convinced the last 2 days that I was ovulating that day , but the symptoms keep hanging around. My chronic pelvic pain flaired today, which is sometimes a good indicator of impending ovulation, so maybe it's today? I don't know anymore. But I do know that if I'm not pregnant this cycle, it's not for lack of trying!

#471 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
But I do know that if I'm not pregnant this cycle, it's not for lack of trying!
Sounds good, @angelorum!

@tinytina hope you have a nice time with your family!

AF is here today!!! Early, which is super rare for me, and I'm hoping things will sort out this cycle. School is starting, which is already a good distraction, but I want to do everything I can to keep stress levels low/nonexistent, which can be hard sometimes

Please move me back to WAITING TO O (sorry can't bold on my phone )
#472 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 AM

@Angelorum , wow! Your egg will have prime choice of the best sperm! Haha!

@FyerFly , sorry about the weird cycle but glad you have some distractions. Good luck this month!

@tinytina , enjoy your parents' visit!

AFM, I'm wondering if I'm having an anovulatory cycle. A cycle of this length for me is just odd. I did have a couple days of EWCM but it was less than usual for me, so maybe my body geared up but never ovulated? It's all very weird! Still BFNs though so that's really the only possible explanation. Has anyone had this happen? Are there ways to bring on ovulation? TIA!
#473 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

Hahahaha! Seriously, though. It feels kind of like overkill, when I think about how both of my kids were the result of just 1 incident. DS1's egg didn't even get a full, er, sample. We used a condom that night, and it didn't appear to have broken, so we're still not sure what exactly happened. We're enjoying ourselves though!

Quote:
AFM, I'm wondering if I'm having an anovulatory cycle. A cycle of this length for me is just odd. I did have a couple days of EWCM but it was less than usual for me, so maybe my body geared up but never ovulated? It's all very weird! Still BFNs though so that's really the only possible explanation. Has anyone had this happen? Are there ways to bring on ovulation? TIA!
Have you been temping? Did get a temp shift? I don't think I've had an anovulatory cycle, but my first couple cycles postpartum usually have a few false starts with the fertile looking fluids that dry up without a temp shift, and then come back until I eventually O. I'm the wrong person to ask about bringing on ovulation, I obviously have no idea about that!

#474 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 PM

No, I don't temp and never have! I always have lactation amenorrhea for close to 2 years then my cycles come back like clockwork. I have never had a cycle outside of 28-30 days, ever, and I track cervical position, texture and fluid only. Works well for me... until now. Haha. I did notice this month I didn't have many days of EWCM but otherwise the progression seemed normal.
#475 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

@FyerFly , sorry about the weird cycle but glad you have some distractions. Good luck this month!

@tinytina , enjoy your parents' visit!

@SeattleRain , @blissful_maia : so sorry about the BFNs! :c
@Angelorum : sounds like you've hit the nail on the head with giving the egg its best choice. Good luck!
@FyerFly : sending no-stress vibes your way!

I'm not sure what steps you'd be able to take to induce O.

As for me? Still waiting. I've had some nausea this week, but nothing serious, and my temps are pretty steady. A little bit of milky CM over the weekend, and DH and I DTD, but it's too soon to say. AF's due within the week, so if it doesn't show up, I'll POAS, but my gut feeling is that it's too soon.

Jen! (33) Married to David (34) 9 years, mom to . Missing our 2008 , now TTC #1!

- follow along!
#476 of 504 Old 08-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Sounds exciting @centerednova ! I always get milky CM in the 2ww when pregnant!
#477 of 504 Old 08-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Well, my gut feeling was right. AF came this morning, and with a vengeance - I haven't had cramps so bad that I threw up in a long time, but this morning, that's definitely been the case. I'm hoping that the worst of it happens today, because my youngest brother-in-law and his girlfriend are coming up for a visit over the long weekend. I really don't want to be sick while we're showing them around!

On the bright side, at least I have a grasp on when CD1 is, so my chart will be more accurate. Every cloud has its silver lining, I suppose!

Jen! (33) Married to David (34) 9 years, mom to . Missing our 2008 , now TTC #1!

- follow along!
#478 of 504 Old 08-28-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centerednova View Post
Well, my gut feeling was right. AF came this morning, and with a vengeance - I haven't had cramps so bad that I threw up in a long time, but this morning, that's definitely been the case. I'm hoping that the worst of it happens today, because my youngest brother-in-law and his girlfriend are coming up for a visit over the long weekend. I really don't want to be sick while we're showing them around!

On the bright side, at least I have a grasp on when CD1 is, so my chart will be more accurate. Every cloud has its silver lining, I suppose!
Boo, @centerednova . Well, today's my CD1 too so we can be cycle buddies next month! My cramps have been pretty significant too (definitely not vomit-inducing though, that sounds sooo awful!) and I'm wondering if it has something to do with having a 34 day cycle as opposed to my usual 28-30.

@tinytina , when you're back can I please be moved to Waiting to O? (Sorry can't bold on phone)!

How's everyone else doing?
#479 of 504 Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Oh man. This is my third try to post. The new mobile format is not my friend.

AF showed early. I am WAITING TO O.

I started spotting at 8 dpo as per usual. This is ridiculous. I'm trying vitex. Everything else hasn't worked. Any luteal phase advice would be appreciated. I've tried b vites, c and e, soy isoflavones, and progesterone on different cycles.
#480 of 504 Old 08-28-2014, 06:00 PM

Awww @centerednova sorry your cramps are so bad! Hugs and hope the worst is over for you.

I'm counting today as my CD1 too @centerednova and @blissful_maia - Fingers crossed this is a good month for all of us!!

Sorry AF showed early, @alicenwonderlan - is this your CD1 too??? Sorry I don't have any other luteal phase advice other than the things you listed.

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page