~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#31 of 490 Old 07-05-2014, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Well my dr appt was basically a bust. She said pretty much I just needed more time. We're at the 6 month Mark, but she's not really interested until we get to the 1 year mark. I just wonder why she didn't tell me that on the phone...

We talked bat a few things of interest. 1) she wants me to BD every other day, starting at CD 11 through CD 17 (assuming I O on CD 14/15). 2) she really wants to avoid using Clomid since I already ovulate since she said there was such a high risk of multiples. Since I've already had complications with pregnancy I don't need multiples on top of that. 3) she said we could look into IUI which was only $200 including sperm washing! I had no idea it was so cheap. Is that typical? What are the stats on IUI vs. regular BD?

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#32 of 490 Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Ok, I am slinking back in after being MIA for a while. Can you move me to waiting to know?

I'm T-2 days until the start of my period, and my test this morning was a negative. I'm not quite sure when I ovulated because I've not been tracking my temperatures, but based on FF's ovulation estimate I'm probably at 12 DPO. So It's looking like a no-go this round.

Now I gotta figure out another reason why I'm SO INCREDIBLY TIRED all the time.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, miscarriages in July and November 2013, August 2014.
#33 of 490 Old 07-07-2014, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
FF has put my O date as last Friday which makes sense. I had another acupuncture session this afternoon and we have added some homeopathic meds for CD 1, CD6, O day and 7 DPO. Apparently most health food stores don't carry these on a regular basis but I need to get some more vitamin B so I decided to pop into my favorite store and see if they had them and it turns out that they did because someone had ordered them and changed her mind and didn't want them anymore once they came in so I got them.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#34 of 490 Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello All,

I started a different thread earlier today but nobody responded so I thought I'd try here.

Last night, this morning, and mid-afternoon I took a total of three Wondfo tests. Within about 7-10 minutes (longer than the 5 minute window) I could see very, very faint lines. You have to look, but they're definitely there.

Then I went to the dollar store and picked up 3 more tests. Took two and again got very faint, but definitely there lines.

So I took a First Response. And there is no question about it. There's a line. It's line, but you don't have to squint to see it.

Is this it?!?!?!

We've been trying for 9 months. We're both in shock. Could it really be it???
#35 of 490 Old 07-07-2014, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
@Stella854 hope so! Fingers crossed for you!

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1
#36 of 490 Old 07-07-2014, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hi @Stella854 I hope it is- sounds really promising! Can you post a pic of your frer? Hopefully your lines will darken over the next few days. Keep us posted?
#37 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Back from my week of travelling and post-wedding party chaos. I'm waiting to know but luckily well through the TWW without stressing much. I'm 8DPO today, and not trying to symptom spot after feeling mysterious twinges last month despite nothing going on in there. I do have one super sore breast though, but only one. I'm not testing before Saturday, which is 12DPO and 2 days before I'd expect AF. I'm temping this month and had a big dip on 6DPO, still above the coverline, and it's gone right back up pretty high again. I'm not a habitual temp-taker. Is this what temps always do?
@Stella854 Post a pic! How many DPO are you?
@Anna1979 Lucky times at the health food shop! What homeopathic remedies are you taking?
@mamalovehm Fingers crossed!!
@SeattleRain $200 sounds way cheaper than I would have expected. I don't know about the odds of BD vs IUI but it's good to know it could be an option for you. You would think there would be better odds since nobody has to swim very far.
@discalceata Are we cycle buddies this time? Do you know when you're going to test?

Hello@tinytina and everyone else!
#38 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Ok I got this text from a friend yesterday, I'm posting to see your opinion. Background: she had a MC in March at like 8 weeks. Now her husband are back to trying. She also told me she normally does not get CM around ovulation time. I think she either ovulated late or us getting CM and cramps from implantation?!

Sorry hope this isnt too much tmi but im so confused. I had my last period june 13th and ive been averaging 30 days in between since the d&c so 2 wks before my nxt period was around the weekend of june 28 th. However not until july 5th did i get any noticeable discharge and i had brief but uncomfortable cramping yesterday and have had clear discharge the past 3 days....do u think i ovulated a week late? We stopped really trying cuz i thought (based on dates) that i caught the right time butnow im questioning myself.....what do u think ?
#39 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
Hi everyone! Back from my week of travelling and post-wedding party chaos. I'm waiting to know but luckily well through the TWW without stressing much. I'm 8DPO today, and not trying to symptom spot after feeling mysterious twinges last month despite nothing going on in there. I do have one super sore breast though, but only one. I'm not testing before Saturday, which is 12DPO and 2 days before I'd expect AF. I'm temping this month and had a big dip on 6DPO, still above the coverline, and it's gone right back up pretty high again. I'm not a habitual temp-taker. Is this what temps always do?

@discalceata Are we cycle buddies this time? Do you know when you're going to test?
Looks like we are! I'm 9dpo, couldn't wait and tested today but of course got a BFN. I had a big dip at 6dpo too, which is normal, but just had another big dip (both below cover line) today and I don't know what it means.

I've got sore, full breasts too, as of yesterday, but that's normal for both pregnancy and PMS for me. So who knows.

Good luck to us both! I'll probably wait until Thursday or Friday before I test again. I'm expecting AF this weekend if it doesn't take.

Anyone know if that double-dip means anything?
#40 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 AM

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the responses. Here is a pic of yesterday's (7/7 - 11 DPO) tests:

Private.jpg

I tested again this morning with FMU (7/8 - 12 DPO). The FRER was lighter than yesterday, the dollar store test was slightly darker and the Wondfo was about the same as yesterday.

I take my pre-natal vitamin at night because it upsets my stomach. I wondering if that influenced this morning's tests a little. The pre-natals make my urine BRIGHT YELLOW and it stained the testing strips a little, which may have made it harder to read??

Yesterday's tests were not with FMU. I'll likely try again later today as I'm addicted to testing.

Oh goodness, I hope this is it!! I appreciate your opinions.
#41 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
@Stella854 : Definitely positive! Congrats! How many dpo are you?

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#42 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
@Stella854 : Definitely positive! Congrats! How many dpo are you?
Thanks, @alivewithyou ! Today I am 12 dpo.
#43 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 AM

@perkier I'm taking Hypophusinum 200C on CD1, Folliculinum 200C CD6 (the day for this one depends on cycle length), Ovarinum 200C the day I'm expecting to O, Luteininum 200C 7DPO. Basically I'm dissolving 10 pellets in either 50mL of water or right under my tongue. Even though I missed the first three this cycle my naturopath said I could start them at any point in my cycle so I'll be taking the luteininum in a few days.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#44 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 AM

Congrats, @Stella854 !
#45 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 AM

This is what I'm talking about with the double dips on my chart… does anyone know what's going on here? With four days of positive OPKs, then two dips three days apart - does that mean I ovulated twice and implanted twice? Is this a twin situation?? (I DID take 100 mg Clomid this cycle, so it's possible!)
Attached Images
File Type: png photo.PNG (151.2 KB, 12 views)
#46 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Hey everyone,

Trust me I haven't forgotten about you all. Its been a wild and crazy few days.

Where do I start?

We went yesterday to our psychologist appointment which went really well. So our next step will be to order our sperm donation this week and we are looking at doing our first IUI cycle by the end of the month of July since today is CD 25. Yippee!

We got hit Saturday by post-Tropical Storm Arthur. We got over 120 mm of rain and wind. There are trees uprooted and branches down everywhere. My brother and his friend spent 36 hours with no power about 2 hours from here. We were going to go pick them up on Wednesday of this week so they could go home to visit with my parents for a week. So instead we went up Sunday to pick them up. Anything we could save from their fridge and freezer is in our fridge and freezer until they come back.

Trying to keep up on schoolwork too.

So now my personals:

Hi @discalceata , it is so easy to over think and symptom spot. Definitely wait a few days to start testing- don't stress yourself out over it.

Hi @Anna1979 , sounds like you got some good coverage. Glad you making some changes in your diet/supplements.

Hi @FyerFly

Hi @alittlemischief

Hi @mamalovehm , sounds like some interesting symptoms. What DPO are you?

So sorry @SeattleRain , can you get a second opinion from a different doctor? How old are you and your husband? Have you been tracking your cycle- ovulation? Its hard to compare but in general IUI is much cheaper. IUI here is $400 while in comparison IVF is $5800
The stats for our clinic show IUI (no medication) with partner sperm is 14% and 20% with donor sperm.

Glad you are coming back @MakeItSew . Sorry to hear you are so tired dear. Have you had any blood tests done recently? Maybe you need to talk to your doctor

Hi @Stella854 , Fingers crossed dear. Tests can be subjective but looks good to me.

Hi @perkier , hope your travelling went well. Symptom testing is really easy to do.

Hi @apeydef , if your friend is really concerned, she should make an appt with her doctor

Hi everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#47 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here Any status changes need? Please put changes in BOLD, thanks everyone!

#48 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 08:47 AM

@tinytina I don't think she's concerned, it's just her first time trying since her MC and she didn't know if it was possible to ovulate a month late. I just thought I would post it on here bc it seems to be the type if questions that people ask on here.
#49 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 AM

Hi @tinytina - glad your appointment went well and also that you made it through the storm! Sounds dramatic! and so glad you were able to help out your brother and his friend

What are you studying? I'm a student too, starting my PhD this fall.

two kitties, TTC #1
#50 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi, (cross-posting this in fertility challenged one thread),
I started my first round of clomid last night. Feeling a little woozy and emotional today, but not too bad. I have been wondering about what will happen if more than one or two eggs are released, though. There is no reason to think that any of our ttc problems have to do with my ability to ovulate or maintain a pregnancy, but instead are due to my TAC surgery, which could make it harder for sperm to get through cervix, and DH's low motility. This makes me think that there is a decent chance that the clomid will cause the release of several eggs. We are trying very hard to avoid multiples, and I have heard that sometimes IUI will be canceled in a cycle if there are too many mature eggs. Has this happened to anyone here? How many mature eggs did you have with clomid if you did not have ovulation problems?
Also wondering if in this cycle there are too many mature eggs to risk IUI, could they do a retrieval and then IVF?
Thanks!
Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow

Last edited by radiowave; 07-08-2014 at 12:01 PM.
#51 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
@tinytina I have no idea. Today is day 30. I usually have 30 day cycles but I consistently start in the early morning hours...and nothing yet. I think timing wise I would have to have have a positive test by now and it was negative again this morning. We had intercourse on day 13... and I'm not sure on exact ovulation date but thinking it was day 15...which would make me at 15 DPO. I'm having symptoms like sore breasts, lots of cramping for last 3 days and I never have menstrual cramps, food tastes really good (this was a big symptom with my first 2)....with my first 2 I also tested + on day 29...so I'm a little not hopeful at the moment.
#52 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Hi @discalceata , it is so easy to over think and symptom spot. Definitely wait a few days to start testing- don't stress yourself out.
I'm not stressing, just researching! Haha. I've never seen two sharp temp dips like that and wonder what they mean. I know it was too soon to test this morning. But my breasts are really sore, I'm quite irritable and want a nap, everything around me everywhere I go smells bad, and just now I drank some hard cider and it didn't taste good (I usually love it).

So, I'll test again in a few days. But I still wonder about that double dip.
#53 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
I'm not stressing, just researching! Haha. I've never seen two sharp temp dips like that and wonder what they mean. I know it was too soon to test this morning. But my breasts are really sore, I'm quite irritable and want a nap, everything around me everywhere I go smells bad, and just now I drank some hard cider and it didn't taste good (I usually love it).

So, I'll test again in a few days. But I still wonder about that double dip.
Outside factor can affect your temp. I've had sharp dips and spikes at odd times when I've slept with the window open and it was a cold night or I kicked the covers off and woke up cold or I slept under the covers when and woke up way too warm. This is one of the frustrations of temping, too many things can impact your temp and sometimes really good temps lead to nothing and bad temps end in a BFP. Good luck with testing

#54 of 490 Old 07-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna1979 View Post
Outside factor can affect your temp. I've had sharp dips and spikes at odd times when I've slept with the window open and it was a cold night or I kicked the covers off and woke up cold or I slept under the covers when and woke up way too warm. This is one of the frustrations of temping, too many things can impact your temp and sometimes really good temps lead to nothing and bad temps end in a BFP. Good luck with testing
Thanks. There wasn't anything different about my sleep or bedroom, but yeah, who knows.
#55 of 490 Old 07-09-2014, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
@apeydef , sorry for mis-understanding. I would say it is possible she ovulated late since her cycles are trying to normalize after the miscarriage.

Thanks @FyerFly . I am doing my Master's in Education in Curriculum Design. What are you doing your PhD in?

Hi @radiowave , I wish I had answers for you but I have heard from others about cancelling a cycle due to many eggs. If it doesn't feel right to you then don't do it. Even if you are getting help from the doctors, it is your body and you are in control. IVF might be a better option because they can harvest more than 1 egg. Have you thought about freezing additional eggs or embryos? I know at our clinic they will only put 1 embryo back in during an IVF cycle.

Hi @mamalovehm , ovulation is typically within a 5 day window, and your math makes sense based on some internet research. Since I have cycles that slightly vary between 26-28 days the clinic used a mathematical formula to calculate approx what days I would ovulate on (which is between CD 11-15). Fingers crossed for a positive test dear.

Sorry for mis-understanding @discalceata , I was just suggesting relax for a few days dear. I wish I knew what the double dip on your chart meant too. Keep a copy for the next time you go to the doctor Curious minds..... To be honest, I worry about myself and whether I will be able to stop myself from testing all the time once I have my IUI done.

Good points about environmental factors when dealing with temperature @Anna1979

Hi everyone else!

#56 of 490 Old 07-09-2014, 06:55 AM

@tinytina my PhD focus will be urban planning.

On CD 12 today, still waiting to O - have started a few organization projects around the house but always looking for other distractions. Anyone have anything that helps take your mind off TTC during many days of waiting??

two kitties, TTC #1
#57 of 490 Old 07-09-2014, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Hi all, I cant believe its July already!
@tinytina and @radiowave congrats and good luck on the IUIs!
@Anna1979 Im glad to hear that the test results came back and they were normal.
@apeydef It sounds like what your friend is experiencing is totally normal. I just miscarried about a month ago at 8-9 weeks and everything Im reading says that sometimes your cycle comes back to normal right away, sometimes not.
@Waiting4SJ Congrats on the BFP!

Im currently at 3.5 weeks past the D&C and still having very light spotting. Other than that Im feeling totally back to normal tho and hopefully that Ill get AF in another week or two so I can get back to TTC again. Im a little stressed trying to decide how many classes to take in September since now I dont know if Ill be pregnant or not and I dont know how sick Ill be if I am. But I figure Ill just play it by ear and hope it works out. Im a planner by nature tho, so thats really hard for me to do!!

ETA: Congrats @Stella854 !!

Last edited by Melinda1980; 07-09-2014 at 02:53 PM.
#58 of 490 Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda1980 View Post
Hi all, I cant believe its July already!
@tinytina and @radiowave congrats and good luck on the IUIs! @Anna1979 Im glad to hear that the test results came back and they were normal. @apeydef It sounds like what your friend is experiencing is totally normal. I just miscarried about a month ago at 8-9 weeks and everything Im reading says that sometimes your cycle comes back to normal right away, sometimes not. @Waiting4SJ Congrats on the BFP!

Im currently at 3.5 weeks past the D&C and still having very light spotting. Other than that Im feeling totally back to normal tho and hopefully that Ill get AF in another week or two so I can get back to TTC again. Im a little stressed trying to decide how many classes to take in September since now I dont know if Ill be pregnant or not and I dont know how sick Ill be if I am. But I figure Ill just play it by ear and hope it works out. Im a planner by nature tho, so thats really hard for me to do!!
Thanks Melinda! Her menstrual cycle had returned to normal she just thinks she might have ovulated a full week late.
#59 of 490 Old 07-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
@apeydef I mean that it might seem like her cycles are "normal" but its common to not actually be normal for a while, even if it seems normal. Does that make sense? Like, if she ovulated a week late then they're not actually back to normal, which Im reading is very common. In any case, I hope she gets pregnant soon. This "waiting to get back to normal" is personally driving me a little nuts and its only been 3.5 weeks since my D&C.
#60 of 490 Old 07-09-2014, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Still nothing....I am so rarely late with 30 day cycles and today was day 30 and negative...same symptoms as I noted previously adding that I'm really tired now too. Any history of positives after 16 dpo? And I'm out of tests to take in the morning...lol!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page