Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#91 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItSew View Post
@BadWolf 92087 glad to see you here with a BFP! You too @apeydef . Nice to see some familiar names with good news.

Thank you everyone else for the sticky vibes. I don't even know what to think at this point, I'm so afraid to get my hopes up. I took another test this morning and it's a pretty clear line. So now I play the waiting game. We're not waiting until it's "safe" to tell people, since I probably won't consider it "safe" until some period after the baby is born. Maybe college. I figure if someone asks or it's otherwise relevant we'll tell them.

I did have some spotting yesterday, but I also had some uh, other issues (lets' just say I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet), so I'm not even positive it was related to the pregnancy.

Sorry, I feel a bit guilty still hanging out here with my little pink lines... is there a thread for people too paranoid to join a DDC?
Thank you! Your comment made me laugh about after college
#92 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Updated to Here! Please add any changes in BOLD, thanks!

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#93 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
@tinytina congrats on picking a sperm donor! How exciting!! That must be such a wonderful feeling. Best of luck with the upcoming IUI! I've been using my OPK in the mornings when I first wake up, but have also read (on MDC and elsewhere) that mid-afternoons (3-4pm) can be a good time as well (if you can find a time that works for you when you haven't peed for a few hrs). Thanks also for your recommendations from an earlier post about "distractions" - I especially liked your idea about going to a museum in your town!

@perkier congrats on your BFP! My specialty is planning for urban parks and urban nature, but I have a lot of friends involved with transport planning, and I find myself very interested in it as well. Transportation modeling sounds like it would be fascinating, good luck to your DH with the possible career shift!

AFM, wrapping up with CD 15 (out of a usually 32-34 day cycle) and noticed very light pinkish spotting this evening, which I'm hoping might be related to ovulation. Anyone have experience with this?

book-loving, cross-stitching, urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, welcoming our first in June 2015!
#94 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi ladies, hope everyone is having a great weekend!
@perkier YAY!! I see a line too on both photos congrats!! @tinytina Congrats on selecting your sperm donor! I am so excited for you and DH That is a really huge step and how wonderful that you're both on the same page with who you feel drawn to. @mamalovehm I totally understanding your feelings on putting TTC on hold for a month. Thank you for sharing the circumstances. I'm sorry to hear about the losses your family has experienced. It must be a hard decision, but it sounds like you are doing what feels right to you, and I hope you're able to enjoy an awesome time drinking wine with your friend! @alittlemischief sorry to hear about DH's un-cool move. I would be pissed too! like you said...any other time of the month FINE, but not right now!! very considerate of you to diffuse here instead of blowing up at him. : @FyerFly hoping that is ovulation spotting for you! i don't recall experiencing this but i remember coming across it on the web while reading about implantation spotting so it sounds like it happens sometimes.

AFM: I am so excited to share that last night (8DPO) and today (9DPO) I am getting light lines showing up on both wondfos and FRER I know I said I wasn't getting an urge to test, but then yesterday I thought about my big stash of internet cheapies and thought "what the heck, this is what they're for!" I'm feeling so blessed and happy...on cloud nine. I usually start pre-AF spotting on 9DPO so it's a huge relief that implantation was on the early side. Thank you @tinytina and @perkier for checking in during my "TWW." Will continue testing and anxiously awaiting darkening lines or symptoms...I would love to stick around for a little bit if that's alright?
#95 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
@perkier looks like a line to me

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#96 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Congrats happymama2013!
#97 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Congratulations @perkier woowoowoo! All the BFPs!!

No news on my end yet. I tested Thursday and Friday, both negative (10 & 11 dpo). I have a doc appointment Monday morning so husband and I agreed not to waste money on more tests and just wait until the doctor visit. But my period is now officially a full day late (and then some), and I don't feel it coming on, and I do have a few pregnancy symptoms, so… fingers crossed! Just a little over a day before I'll know for sure!
tinytina likes this.
#98 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Congrats @HappyMama2013 I'm loving all of these pregnancy announcements- seems like july is a fruitful month and certainly stick around as long as you are happy to. I enjoy hearing about other's pregnancies- it reminds me what I'm aiming for and keeps me on track here's to a healthy and happy 9months for you!
tinytina likes this.
#99 of 504 Old 07-12-2014, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. I'm joining in as I've decided to start trying to have my next baby. I have 3 children that are just the cat's pajamas. I adore them and cannot wait to grow my family. I am a single mother, though I share custody with my ex-partner and I am sort of in a relationship with a lovely woman who lives outside the town I'm in. Anyway, just contacted the man whose sperm I'd like to use, and we're meeting up soon to have a talk about how it'll go. So excited!

In my free time, I'm a nursing student! I'm full time and will graduate in April. My plan is to continue directly on to CNM schooling. I definitely enjoy having my plate full!

Currently CD 4, waiting to O. I may try at the end of this month, but not sure.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#100 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thank you so much for line spotting with me, everyone! I took another frer yesterday afternoon and it looked the same. I am cautiously optimistic but I'm not sure I will totally believe it until I've missed AF in a couple of days.

@HappyMama2013 Congrats!!!

@discalceata Fingers crossed for you!! AF late is a good sign.

@tinytina I'm not an expert, but I did the clearblue digital OPKs this month and just tested first thing in the morning starting about cd7 because I O on the early side. I am super excited for you that you get to take this next step!!

@alittlemischief I totally would have been a little "wtf?!" as well, but it's still early. But yeah, annoying.

@mamalovehm Wine and a good friend sounds great!

Hi everyone else!
#101 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Omg I take a week off and look at all these BFPs! Amazing!!!!

Arm, just got the smiley face on the digi OPK so we DTD. Perfect timing too, since we're going to be away from each other Sunday night. So we were able to DTD on CD13, CD 15, and then when I get back on Monday will be CD 17. According to the OPK, I should ovulate tomorrow, right?

OPK timing still kind of confuses me. I'm just trying to take my OBGYNs advice and DTD every other day of my fertile period and. Or worry about timing it every day, or worrying about hours in between. I just REALLY want this to be our month on so many levels....

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#102 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 03:19 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Wow congrats on all the BFPs!! Come join us at the Grad club when you feel ready
#103 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 05:44 AM

Congrats @HappyMama2013 !!

Welcome, @AugustLia23 !

#104 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
According to the OPK, I should ovulate tomorrow, right?
Right! Or within the 24-48 hr period of the (could be anytime w/in that range, but not likely after it)

#105 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Please add me to waiting to O. CD 15 (Long-ish cycle)

I can't believe we're finally here! I'm excited and terrified and more than a little worried. What an exciting journey this is!
#106 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 09:40 AM

Hi @AugustLia23 . Welcome to thee ttc club! I love that we have such a diverse community, the ladies here are great whether your ttc baby #1 ,2,3 or#1 0! I'm sure your experience in nursing will have you up to speed on all the sciencey jargon, best of luck that your stay here is short and sweet, and that things work out when you meet with your donor

@SeattleRain I can't remember whether you chart, but I found OPK's awfully confusing to use (especially when I had 2-3 days of strong positives some months) and charting gives me a much better indicator of when I O'd (albeit after the fact) hope you catch that egg

Welcome @quantum it sure is a journey- welcome aboard! Don't be terrified, its completely worth it, just watch out for the ups and downs, and I hope you get to your BFP stop soon (and don't be scared off by my cheesy-ness. I'm not always like this- its been a funny day)
#107 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Can I please join

Hey all I would really like to join but will start trying next month. Been married for 3 years and I am 27. Dh is 29 and we had a mc four years ago. We want to try for a baby and I am excited

Last edited by Onellie; 07-13-2014 at 06:22 PM.
#108 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM

Sooo ready for this doc appointment in the morning. Not knowing is killing me. I don't really feel pregnant - breasts don't hurt, good appetite, etc. - but I'm on Day 32 of a normally 29-day cycle with no sign of a period in sight, and I spent the whole day crying my eyes out and snapping at people over stupid crap that doesn't matter, so. I kinda wish I'd gotten more tests but my husband's right, it's a waste of money when I'm going to the doctor anyway. I just want to KNOW!
#109 of 504 Old 07-13-2014, 10:18 PM

Well temps dipped this morning and I'm on DPO9 and my LP is usually 11-12 days so my temp dipping could be a sign AF is around the corner.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#110 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hi @FyerFly , thanks for the suggestions. I am thinking early morning is easiest for me. I am feeling very excited right now. It definitely sounds like it might be related to ovulation.

Hi @HappyMama2013 , it was really reassuring that me and my hubby are on the same page. Fingers crossed for you dear

Hi @Anna1979 (sorry AF found you)

Hi @alivewithyou

Hi @discalceata , fingers crossed dear, hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Hi @alittlemischief , it does make me feel better too to see all the pregnancy notices, it is reassuring

Hi and welcome @AugustLia23 , hope you find a solution that works for everyone involved

Thanks @perkier , I am really starting to feel excited too.
@SeattleRain , sounds like you have plenty of coverage. Check your ovulation predictor kit- some say 24-36 hour window while others are 48 hour +

Hi @apeydef

Hi and welcome @quantum , tell us alittle bit more about yourself. This certainly is an exciting and terrifying journey all at once

Hi and welcome @Onellie , definitely joined in.

AFM: This is CD 1 for me and I am so excited to be able to write this today. I am in a different category, Waiting to O

#111 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please add any changes in BOLD, thanks!

#112 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
This is my first time here in TTC, this is the first month my husband and I are TTC. Currently on day 32 of a normally 30 day cycle. I feel pregnant, exactly as I did when I was newly pregnant with our almost 3 yr old daughter. I am nauseated all day, my temps have been steady higher for the last several days, but still bfn. I'm not discouraged per se, since this is our first month trying, but I'm mostly just sick of not knowing. I'm officially late for AF and feel so off, you would think I would have even a faint bfp according to how I'm feeling. But...no. So, still just waiting to see what happens. I told DH every trip to the bathroom is exciting/ridden with anxiety because I just don't know if it's going to end with signs of AF or not. I think I am 14 dpo but it's entirely possible I ovulated later. With dd I didn't get a bfp until several days after my missed period, so maybe that's just how my body is wired? Who knows. Anyway, glad to be here waiting with everyone else.
#113 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

This is CD 1 for me and I am so excited to be able to write this today. I am in a different category, Waiting to O
Yay!!!

#114 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyerFly View Post
Yay!!!
I agree

AFM - temps went back this morning and no sign of AF. I hate this waiting.

#115 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
@Onellie welcome and good luck! @discalceata I hope you get some solid info soon. If it helps, I'm pregnant and almost a week past when AF was due, and still have no real symptoms. Every other pregnancy I've been sick practically form the first DPO, so it's trite but every pregnancy really is different.

So the earliest my midwife can see me is the first week of august, or 8 weeks. I'm irritated because then it will take another week or so to schedule the ultrasound, and I really wanted to talk to my midwife early on so we have a plan in case I miscarry again. I also wanted to get in early for dating since I have no real idea when I ovulated. But she's on vacation, and I don't really want to see anyone else in the office. So I wait another three weeks.

To make matters more fun, my husband "doesn't believe" that I'm pregnant. Said he won't really believe it until they confirm it at the OB office. So yeah, that's helpful. I especially like that despite "not believing" it he's on me about drinking I did before I found out I was pregnant.

Blerg.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.

Last edited by MakeItSew; 07-14-2014 at 01:02 PM.
#116 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 11:28 AM

@tinytina woop! So excited to see you in 'waiting to o'how awesome would it be to get this done on your first month?! You've certainly been waiting long enough to qualify for a big fat juicy positive
#117 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Drove back from the beach last night for my CD 12 appt this morning. The ultrasound showed one mature (about 24mm) egg on my right ovary, and one immature (about 16mm) on the left. Blood work did not show a surge so I am giving myself trigger shot of ovidrel tonight, and then iui on Wednesday morning. I was so exhausted from all the driving and the late night that I did not ask all the questions I should have about the injection. Is it hard to get the needle in? Should I do it slowly or one strong jab? I wish my husband was here to help me. I will write more later…just wanted to check in.
Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#118 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 12:08 PM

Hi @aimee /radiowave.
I cringed for you reading your post. This ttc lark is hard business, but I'm a needle-phobe and I couldn't imagine having to give a trigger shot. You are a brave lady! Do you have a close friend/relative that you can trust to help you? Regarding the fast/slow thing I've no idea, are you able to phone your clinic for advice or does the injection come with a leaflet showing instructions? Either way, good luck!
#119 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 12:42 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh I can't even deal with this crap anymore!

Got through that long long 2ww and a weekend without any testing, thinking that Monday morning I'd go to the doctor and all would be confirmed one way or another. Instead I got there and the doc looked at my BBT chart, asked me how the Clomid worked, checked out my ovulation, agreed that I've missed my period, said everything looks perfect and… negative test. She was so confused. She couldn't figure out what was going on. She ordered a blood draw and said she'd call me tomorrow.

If I'm not pregnant now, why is my period so late? Why am I so hormonal?

I'm kind of annoyed that she didn't have any kind of answer and then without even doing any tests or trying to figure out what's going on, she said she'd put me on 150 mg Clomid if it didn't work this time. I took 100 mg this round and by all accounts it worked perfectly, so why increase the dose without any testing at all? Shouldn't my husband be tested again or something? (He passed a semen analysis with flying colors about 4 years ago but hasn't been tested since.) Wouldn't you want to know what happened before you just increase the drug for no reason?

This is so frustrating. I mean sheesh. Grrrrrr.
#120 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Well...... I guess I'm joining you guys. I'm officially waiting to ovulate. I have 2 boys, they were both sort of surprises (#1 was a HUGE surprise, #2 was only a month earlier than we planned on trying) so this whole actually deciding to get pregnant thing is new territory for me. I'm actually not really sure it's time yet, I do wish ds2 was a little older or at least sleeping through the night, but he was born in Oct, and I really hated being largely pregnant all summer, and then being cooped up in the house with a tiny one and his squirrelly older brother all winter. I felt like kind of a basketcase for the first 4-5 months, so I'm hoping a spring (or at least early summer!) baby will alleviate some of the those problems. I'm also not sure how fertile I am yet. This is only my 4th cycle since ds was born (he is 21 months) and my luteal phase is still shorter than normal. So we'll see.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page