~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#121 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Well, never mind. AF just showed up with nary an apology for the stress caused by her delay. Now I'm stuck wondering why I'm not pregnant when it looks like everything went exactly as it should have. Sigh...

Please move me back to "WAITING TO O."

Last edited by discalceata; 07-14-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@ tinytina thanks and yay for Cd1 good luck @MakeItSew congrats and don't worry too much just believe in this baby and everything will be perfect... Remember every pregnancy is different so maybe this bubba is taking it easy on you... Good luck
#123 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
Well, never mind. AF just showed up with nary an apology for the stress caused by her delay. Now I'm stuck wondering why I'm not pregnant when it looks like everything went exactly as it should have. Sigh...

I'm sorry you've got bad news, I'm not sure if that's better or worse than not knowing.

I wonder if it's possible you conceived but didn't implant for some reason? Would that delay AF without producing a detectable amount of hGC? I can't find a definitive/authoritative answer online.

Meanwhile I guess I can be moved to graduates and I suppose I should find a DDC to haunt during what I'm calling the eight week wait. My last miscarriage was at 12 weeks.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
#124 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm sorry AF showed up. Sometimes everything lines up perfectly and no BFP and other times nothing lines up and you get a BFP. Even with everything lining up perfectly the chances of conceiving are 20% each cycle.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#125 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItSew View Post
I'm sorry you've got bad news, I'm not sure if that's better or worse than not knowing.

I wonder if it's possible you conceived but didn't implant for some reason? Would that delay AF without producing a detectable amount of hGC? I can't find a definitive/authoritative answer online.

Meanwhile I guess I can be moved to graduates and I suppose I should find a DDC to haunt during what I'm calling the eight week wait. My last miscarriage was at 12 weeks.
Fingers crossed and SO much sticky dust for you! I know what you mean, after my last two losses (at 7 and 11 weeks), I probably won't breathe easy until the baby's around, I dunno, 40 years old maybe.

That's a good question about fertilization without implantation. Anyone know more on that? I'll research it and ask the doctor. She was just as confused as anyone; she even said by all rights I should be pregnant. I'm trying hard not to feel like my body is broken. But yes, I did say I'd rather have a no than a question mark, and there's a certain relief in having an answer. I'm sipping a brandy sour and debating whether to try again right away, or wait until October so I can take a 3.5-week backpacking trip in August-September.
MakeItSew likes this.
#126 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been back to show my support in a while but I'm silently rooting all of you on. Congrats on all of the recent BFP's. Sending so much love all of your ways!!
#127 of 504 Old 07-14-2014, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Fingers crossed and SO much sticky dust for you! I know what you mean, after my last two losses (at 7 and 11 weeks), I probably won't breathe easy until the baby's around, I dunno, 40 years old maybe.

That's a good question about fertilization without implantation. Anyone know more on that? I'll research it and ask the doctor. She was just as confused as anyone; she even said by all rights I should be pregnant. I'm trying hard not to feel like my body is broken. But yes, I did say I'd rather have a no than a question mark, and there's a certain relief in having an answer. I'm sipping a brandy sour and debating whether to try again right away, or wait until October so I can take a 3.5-week backpacking trip in August-September.
I'm so sorry! I thought this was the one for you! You're not broken, you're fine! Even if everything goes rit, there's still only a 20% chance of pregnancy. Have you looked into next steps? More monitoring? Maybe that could give you more insight. Are you seeing an RE or just an OBGYN? This could be worth switching, if you haven't already. Are you interested at all in IUI or IVF, or do you want to continue trying naturally?

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#128 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItSew View Post

Come to the grad thread, regardless if you join a DDC or not. We've all been where you're at now, and I'm distraught at what your husband is saying. Hope this link works..

http://www.mothering.com/forum/19-i-...-new-post.html

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#129 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@discalceata Rubbish! I'm so sorry to hear it's a no this month again. Where might you go backpacking?
@radiowave Yikes, self-injection! You are super tough. Hope the IUI tomorrow goes as planned!
@MakeItSew See you in the grad thread? We all 'believe' you're pregnant even if DH doesn't!

I guess I should be moved to graduates although it feels hardly real. AF is due tomorrow so I think I'll feel better once I'm past that. I have a pack of internet cheapies that I know are duds but I keep taking them and feeling stressed that there's no line, even though I got a good fast line on a frer yesterday. Somebody make me throw them away!
#130 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
I'm so sorry! I thought this was the one for you! You're not broken, you're fine! Even if everything goes rit, there's still only a 20% chance of pregnancy. Have you looked into next steps? More monitoring? Maybe that could give you more insight. Are you seeing an RE or just an OBGYN? This could be worth switching, if you haven't already. Are you interested at all in IUI or IVF, or do you want to continue trying naturally?
Thanks. I'm seeing an RE. I've been TTC for over five years now and only have two miscarriages to show for it (and nothing in the last three years at all). I'm looking at my 35th birthday in a couple weeks and mourning the loss of my best reproductive years. I should've seen a doctor sooner. Oh well. Can't change the past.

I don't know what's next. Doctor just seems to want to throw more Clomid at it. The HSG test is a possibility but she hasn't ordered it and I'm scared of it. IUI is a possibility maybe, after a few more months of Clomid, if it doesn't cost too much (our insurance doesn't cover fertility treatment). IVF isn't an option for us for a list of reasons. I just don't know why every random idiot can squat out five kids she doesn't even want but this whole process is so difficult for good mothers who really want it. Trying hard not to get bitter.

I'm supposed to talk to the doc via phone call later today so I'll know more after I ask her some questions. Argh.

The good news is at least I can enjoy a few drinks on my birthday.
#131 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
@discalceata Rubbish! I'm so sorry to hear it's a no this month again. Where might you go backpacking?
Supposed to hike the John Muir Trail from Yosemite to Mt. Whitney. I've never been backpacking, only been camping twice (both times with men who made the fires, put up the tents, etc) and have little to no wilderness skills. I'd be going up there with another woman I barely know and her four-year-old. It'd be a really great adventure, and I think it would be great for my fitness goals and also my emotional sense of accomplishment (which has been suffering lately)… OTOH I'm scared of getting into trouble up there, and I'm also scared of the drought; I'm worried we won't find water.

Husband thinks I should go. I think I'm going to train as hard as I can starting next week, and bust my gut getting ready, and then if I don't get my period as scheduled (about 10 days before the trip) then I can still cancel. My friend and her kid are going whether I go or not, so it's not like they're depending on me.
#132 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
@discalceata
If it makes you feel any better, I recently had the HSG test and I did not feel a thing. It was good to get the information about what was going on there (turned out everything was fine.) Your trip sounds awesome.

I was able to give myself the trigger shot injection last night with no problem. It barely hurt and was really easy. The anticipation was the worst part. IUI tomorrow morning!
tinytina, discalceata and FyerFly like this.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#133 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
@discalceata
If it makes you feel any better, I recently had the HSG test and I did not feel a thing.
Really? It sounds intensely painful and even my doctor said, "I'm not going to lie to you, it hurts. A lot." Maybe I'm just a big wuss… I can take certain kinds of pain, but anything going in my cervix scares the bejeesus out of me. When I had an IUD put in (and removed) over 10 years ago, that was about the most painful experience of my whole life. I got through it though, and I can get through this if I have to, I'm just scared of it. What was it like for you? Can you describe the experience?

Good luck with your IUI! Fingers crossed!!
#134 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 AM

For me it was about as uncomfortable as a pap smear. All I could really feel was the insertion of the catheter, I think. I was on a table with feet in stirrups and it took about 3 minutes. I couldn't believe that it was over. And they were able to show me what it looked like on a computer screen, where they pointed out that there were no blockages. There was a little bit of cramping later, but less strong than those I get with a period. I know others for whom it was not painful. I think that often when it is it is because there is a blockage. And sometimes just doing that test can remove the blockage by itself!

Longing for our rainbow
#135 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 AM

That's what I hear! I've heard a lot of people say that it didn't find a blockage but they conceived right after having the test done anyway because it cleared some tiny blockage by itself. That's really helpful information, thanks. Though… I'm a huge wuss about pap smears, too.
#136 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 10:03 AM

Well my temps nosedived this morning so I'm not feeling hopeful at all.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#137 of 504 Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Back in this thing on the two week wait! I've read that fertility can be very good after an early loss like we had, so I'm crossing all the things!

Oh, also I guess you should take me out of graduates for June.
#138 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 06:48 AM

Well temps went back up a little today. Just waiting out this TWW since AF is due today or tomorrow.

#139 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 08:49 AM

waiting to know! trying to feel positive like this is MY month. I'm at 2DPO.

#140 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@discalceata That sounds like a truly amazing trip. If I lived nearby I would totally crash your adventure.
discalceata likes this.
#141 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
@discalceata That sounds like a truly amazing trip. If I lived nearby I would totally crash your adventure.
Ha, glad it's probably not as terrifying as I think it is! It scares the hell out of me just to think about it, but I need to do scary things every so often. Keeps me from stagnating.

This whole TTC business is scary too. Just got another round of Clomid to start tonight - 150 mg this time. I still don't fully understand why the astronomical dosage but I'm going to make an exception to my usual policy of medical mistrust and do what the doctor says. Clomid, Mucinex, Pre-Seed, and a box of OPKs… here we go again. I also had my blood drawn to test FSH today. We'll see what happens.
#142 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Fingers crossed, @Charmedseed , and @SeattleRain , I'm also joining you in waiting to know.

@Anna1979 , hope your temps are still up and good news is on the way...

Best wishes @discalceata , sounds like you're giving it everything you've got!! Also agree with @perkier that your potential trip sounds fantastic/enviable.

AFM Spending the next few days somewhat away from the grid and hoping that a summer trip will help keep my mind off the waiting game!

@tinytina looking forward to good news from you here when I return!!
tinytina and discalceata like this.

book-loving, cross-stitching, urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, welcoming our first in June 2015!

#143 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 03:23 PM

Well I've started to spot so I think AF will be here by morning. Well at least I won't have to lie this weekend when I go to a friend's stagette as to why I'm not drinking since I'll be drinking.

#144 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 07:06 PM

Add me to Waiting to Know.
I did the IUI this morning, and the doctor was pessimistic...said it wasn't a good chance because the sample (from DH) had a low sperm count...but he'd do it because I was there, but he thinks we should plan on IVF for next cycle. I feel frustrated and discouraged that I have gone through all of these hormones (and two more weeks of progesterone), and taken 3 days away from my family vacation for a crappy chance.

Longing for our rainbow
#145 of 504 Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I did the IUI this morning, and the doctor was pessimistic...said it wasn't a good chance because the sample (from DH) had a low sperm count...but he'd do it because I was there, but he thinks we should plan on IVF for next cycle. I feel frustrated and discouraged that I have gone through all of these hormones (and two more weeks of progesterone), and taken 3 days away from my family vacation for a crappy chance.
Interesting. I had heard that it was unlikely for secondary infertility to be caused by male factor. Did you need ART for the other two pregnancies? Has your DH had any lifestyle changes that might explain the lower than typical sperm count? It might be something that he could easily fix for next time.

#146 of 504 Old 07-17-2014, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Did they check your husband's fertility before diving into all this?

Fingers crossed for you anyway... after all it only takes one!

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
#147 of 504 Old 07-17-2014, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

AFM: Just playing the waiting game right. CD 4. Got a lot going on right now.

Personals:
Fingers crossed @birdies_mama

Thanks @FyerFly (enjoy your trip, I am hoping I will have good news soon) and @Anna1979 (sorry to hear about waiting and the temperature drop) and @alittlemischief (I want it so bad to happen, I have a needle phobia too). Thanks @One ille

Sorry to hear about the frustrations caused by your husband and the midwife @MakeItSew . There is a group for graduates of this thread specifically that you can check out.

Hi @radiowave , sorry to hear about the difficulties with the IUI dear. Maybe you will still get lucky dear.

Hugs @discalceata , sorry the doctor has no answers nor is ordering more detailed tests. Sorry AF found you. Is there another doctor you can see for a second opinion? I have had similar thoughts as you (bitter) but I refuse to go there. I think you should go back-packing too. I had an HSG test as well and it was as uncomfortable as a PAP test. Hugs hun. Hope it works out

Hi and welcome @Angelorum , do you temp or chart your cycles?

Hi @bren94 , hope you are doing well

Hi @SeattleRain , glad you are feeling positive

Hi @badwolf092087

Hi @perkier - I am so excited for you dear

Hi @Charmedseed , fingers crossed again dear

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#148 of 504 Old 07-17-2014, 05:08 AM

We had no trouble getting pregnant before. It took 5 months with our daughter 6 years ago. Then, 2 years ago we got pregnant on the first try, but it was chemical. Then, two months later, we got pregnant on a first try with our son Nico, who we lost when I was 5 months pregnant, due to incompetent cervix. After that loss, I had surgery (TAC) for my cervix. In a small number of women, the surgery can make it harder to get pregnant because the cervix is altered. We assumed that it was due to this that I was having trouble, and IUI is the usual solution. When they tested my husband's semen last month they said it was "borderline" low motility. The doc had wanted to do another test but the clinic had no appointments before when my cycle was to begin, so we went ahead of it. I guess this time the sample was even worse. Maybe it could be due to my husband's age? He is 44. (I am 38)

Longing for our rainbow
#149 of 504 Old 07-17-2014, 07:21 AM

Well temps went up again this morning but AF is here anyways.

Please move me to waiting to O

#150 of 504 Old 07-17-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Updated to Here! Please add any changes in BOLD, thanks

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page