~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#181 of 504 Old 07-26-2014, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

AFM: CD 13. Another negative OPK this morning. Trying to stay positive but finding it a bit difficult.

Sorry AF showed up @loba

Hugs @alittlemischief , I really hope the wedding takes my mind off of things and makes me relax a bit.

Hi and welcome back @scjp1109 , saw your image.

Hope you feel better @radiowave . Fingers crossed dear.

Hi everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 504 Old 07-26-2014, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please add any changes in BOLD, thanks

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#183 of 504 Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please move me to waiting to o. I don't think I ever oed that last cycle. I was super happy to have a nice, fresh cycle until I realized I'll be traveling for work during expected o time. Argh!

A summer baby might be nice.

TTC #1
Happily living in the Midwest with my British DH and our adorable furbaby
#184 of 504 Old 07-26-2014, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Welcome back @scjp. Did you ever get any testing for your long and irregular cycles? 86 days must be so, so frustrating. I was able to open your link so it works- only the test looked negative on my phone screen. Can you see a line?
#185 of 504 Old 07-26-2014, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Ladies! I know that I haven't been on for a couple of months now! Things have been crazy here! I am hoping that everyone is doing well! I wish that I could catch up on everything that has been going on with everyone! Time is just not on my side at the moment!
Obviously, nothing has happened for me in these months that I have been away! We are really hoping that it's something this month! Trying for almost 5 months with no positive result is very frustrating!

I have 7 days until AF is supposed to show up. We'll see, I guess! I have had some nausea, fatigue, bloating, and mood swings...but I usually get those kinds of symptoms before AF arrives, too...so I guess I will just have to be patient and wait!

I hope that everyone is doing well! I've missed talking to you ladies! :-* Again, sorry for the super long absence! Life is nuts sometimes!
#186 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
@tinytina What CD do you usually O? Is after 13 late for you? @quantum Agreed, summer baby would be great here too! @JerFenstmaker Hoping this is the month for you!

AFM, Just back from a short summer road trip - camping, hiking, music festival! I did symptom spot a little (of course) but am pretty sure this isn't the month - just a feeling. Took a Wondfo this morning and it was a strong negative, but I'm actually glad in a way, because I got a bunch of tests from a friend and they expire pretty soon, so I'm glad that it seems like they are working!!

Expecting AF on Wed or thereabouts, so I'm not out for sure, but trying to manage expectations and think ahead...
JerFenstmaker likes this.

book-loving, cross-stitching, urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, welcoming our first in June 2015!

#187 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 11:39 AM

and @dis calteata congrats on the job!!!

#188 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi everyone! DH and I have decided to try for #2 , so I'd like to connect with this group again! I was apart of it for a few months in 2011 before my first pregnancy, but I don't see any familiar faces yet. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Please add me to Waiting to Ovulate

A little additional info.: We're hoping to get BFP in the next few months but don't need it to be right away. We need a little time to get supplements and our health re-focused. DH and I are actually a lot healthier in terms of diet now, as DD and I are intolerant/allergic to gluten, dairy, soy and some other foods, so those have all been cut out. However, my vitamin intake has been zilch since DD was about 6 months old, when we figured out there was soy (in the form of vitamin E) in my Thorne prenatals that was contributing to her reflux. I'm woefully low on folate (deciding to forgo folic acid this time to probable MTHF gene issues) as well as vitamin D and probably some others. Anyone else in a similar boat with supplements?

It took 8 months the first time TTC, so I'm curious to see how things go this time.
#189 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Hey,

Sorry I wasn't around earlier today.

Sorry you never O'd this month and will be traveling next month @quantum

Hi @alittlemischief

Glad that you are back and not glad you are back @JerFenstmaker , hope you understand what I mean dear. Hope this month works out.
@FyerFly , I have cycles that range between 26-28 days so the clinic gave me dates between day 11-17 for possible ovulation dates. Sorry to hear about your negative test. Hope you enjoyed your trip away though.

Hi and welcome @skinnyloveBC

AFM: CD 14 and I got 2 positive OPK today! Super excited and nervous all at the same time. Called the clinic and we have an appointment for 12:15 tomorrow for our insemination procedure!!!
JerFenstmaker likes this.

#190 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please add any changes in BOLD, thanks

#191 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
AFM: CD 14 and I got 2 positive OPK today! Super excited and nervous all at the same time. Called the clinic and we have an appointment for 12:15 tomorrow for our insemination procedure!!!
Congrats @tinytina !! Fingers tightly crossed for you!!!!
tinytina likes this.

#192 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
.... And we're back to waiting to O. Harumph.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#193 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 10:50 PM

Sigh @SeattleRain . Seems like we are stuck on a wash/rinse/spin/repeat sort of cycle and I'm sorry you have gone back to the start again.

@tinytina great news on your positive opk, and good luck with your procedure today. I'm interested so j hope you don't mind me nosying - is it painless? And do you have to lie down for 20 kind or so afterwards? I really hope this is the first and last time you have to do this

Welcome @skinnyloveBC I hope your stay here is short. My ideal I think would be to get a bfp in sept/ October if not before, that would mark a full calendar year of ttc and my work holidays would mean a nice long maternity leave.

@FyerFly I'm hopeful that someone is going to break our bfp dry spell and I think your next up surely your road trip left you all happy and relaxed and in the perfect place for implanting a baby?

AFM due af on tues/weds. Not tested yet which is highly unusual did me, but I just don't feel it at all this month. My skin is starting to break out in my usual pmt fashion, and if I can't catch an egg with perfect coverage I doubt this months poor attempt is going to make it.
tinytina likes this.
#194 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, I'd like to join you ladies.

I'm in the TWW.

6dpo and waiting anxiously. This is our 4th cycle trying. Really hoping this is our month. Breastfeeding is really making me ovulate late, so I'm hoping this will still work. My cycles are 38-39 days long right now. So it is really frustrating having to wait so long to try.

All I can do is hope for the best.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
#195 of 504 Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Does anybody know if having a cold with a runny nose would also increase cervical mucous? Or am I really about to ovulate while dh and I are both laid up sick and feeling extremely un-sexy?

@skinnyloveBC I need to figure out a better prenatal supplement too. My last 2 pregnancies, my MIL has supplied me with vitamins, but I have such a hard time taking pills while pregnant that I never take them as often as I should, and then I feel guilty because she is giving them to me. I'm going to buy my own this time. Anybody know of a good quality prenatal that is easy to take?

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

#196 of 504 Old 07-28-2014, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Fingers crossed for you @tinytina

AFM - I got a positive OPK on Sunday. We BD on Sat and will again today and tomorrow. I've called my acupuncturist and left a message to book me in either tomorrow or Wednesday. I think we've finally managed to my o day out a few days. I O'd anywhere between CD10-12 and now it will be at least CD13 if not 14 before I O. My dr wanted to see if we could give my eggs a little bit longer to mature before I O and see if that helps with getting a BFP and having it stick.
tinytina likes this.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#197 of 504 Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Good luck @tinytina !!

I'm at CD15, positive OPK, EWCM, and getting down with the husband so much I think it might kill him. We're leaving today for a week of glamping in the redwoods so hopefully I'll be all nice and relaxed so something sticks! Fingers crossed!
tinytina likes this.
#198 of 504 Old 07-28-2014, 08:48 AM

@discalceata ha it's so funny to me how when the time comes to get busy, DH tires out so much more easily than any other time. There is definitely some irony there. Hope the glamping is great, breathe deeply of that redwood air, so delicious! fingers crossed for you!!

@Anna1979 all sounds great!! Fingers crossed that this is the month for you!!

@Angelorum not sure if your difficulty with taking the pills has to do exclusively with nausea or if swallowing them is an issue, but I've found the Rainbow Light "Prenatal Petite Mini-tablets" much more palatable and easy to swallow than others I've tried in the past (though I've not been pregnant, so can't speak to their interaction with pg symptoms).

Welcome, @wassernixe ! I have somewhat long cycles too, and it can be a pain to wait!! Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks @alittlemischief Seems we are on similar cycles and hoping for BFPs around the same time -- I'm rooting for you!!!!

Sorry @SeattleRain and hope your next month is the one
discalceata likes this.

#199 of 504 Old 07-28-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyerFly View Post
@discalceata ha it's so funny to me how when the time comes to get busy, DH tires out so much more easily than any other time. There is definitely some irony there. Hope the glamping is great, breathe deeply of that redwood air, so delicious! fingers crossed for you!!

@Anna1979 all sounds great!! Fingers crossed that this is the month for you!!

@Angelorum not sure if your difficulty with taking the pills has to do exclusively with nausea or if swallowing them is an issue, but I've found the Rainbow Light "Prenatal Petite Mini-tablets" much more palatable and easy to swallow than others I've tried in the past (though I've not been pregnant, so can't speak to their interaction with pg symptoms).

Welcome, @wassernixe ! I have somewhat long cycles too, and it can be a pain to wait!! Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks @alittlemischief Seems we are on similar cycles and hoping for BFPs around the same time -- I'm rooting for you!!!!

Sorry @SeattleRain and hope your next month is the one
@FyerFly , thanks for the recommendation, that was one of the brands I was looking at trying. My nausea wasn't terrible, especially during my 2nd pregnancy, though it certainly didn't help with taking vitamins. The real problem was that my gag reflex gets a little hyper when I'm pregnant, which makes swallowing pills difficult. The first prenatals I tried were large tablets, and they just refused to go down, even cut in half. The next ones were gel capsules in a daily pack, they went down, but I had take 3 at breakfast, 3 at lunch, and 2 after dinner. It was a lot to remember, but worse than that, they tasted and smelled terrible, and I burped up the taste of them all day long Now the smell of them just reminds me of being pregnant and sick. Then I tried some powder stuff you had to make into a shake. They tasted alright, but it was a lot of work to make a shake everyday, and wash my blender all the time, and I really don't know if I trust that it really had the vitamins I needed.

Bleh. I don't like researching nutrition stuff. So many conflicting opinions, and sooooo many people just trying to sell you their products.

#200 of 504 Old 07-28-2014, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for all your support. Everything went well today. Having to wait for the doctor was the worst part- full bladder and a 20 minute extra wait. LOL! Bad combo. No restrictions for activities and we just have to wait --TWW- I go for a blood test on August 11th. Changed my status to TWW for the first time ever!

Thanks @FyerFly

So sorry @SeattleRain

Sorry to hear you are not feeling it this month @alittlemischief . Since you asked, the procedure itself took 5 minutes tops. Was as painful as a PAP test. Very similar to be honest except for the full bladder. No lying down etc.

Hello and welcome @wassernixe , hope this cycle works out for you

Hi @Angelorum , no real advice about the prenatal vitamins, I have been taking the Costco brand ones.

Glad you O'd too @Anna1979 and that you are stretching out your cycle a bit too.

Thanks @discalceata , glad you O'd too. Fingers crossed that relaxing helps.

Hi everyone else!
FyerFly likes this.

#201 of 504 Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please add any changes in BOLD, thanks I updated a few people based on their posts this weekend!

#202 of 504 Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 AM

@tinytina - YAY for the TWW

Well based on my temps I think O will be today at some point. Scary how I can now predict that based on what I feel my body doing. I go for acupuncture tomorrow and we leave for camping on Friday. We BD on Saturday, yesterday and will today. I'm feeling good about the coverage we will have.
tinytina and FyerFly like this.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#203 of 504 Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassernixe View Post
Hi, I'd like to join you ladies.

I'm in the TWW.

6dpo and waiting anxiously. This is our 4th cycle trying. Really hoping this is our month. Breastfeeding is really making me ovulate late, so I'm hoping this will still work. My cycles are 38-39 days long right now. So it is really frustrating having to wait so long to try.

All I can do is hope for the best.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Welcome! Breastfeeding is delaying my ovulation a bit too, and sometimes the super-fertile looking symptoms can last a whole week before I actually manage to ovulate! Fingers crossed that this is your month!

#204 of 504 Old 07-30-2014, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well.

I think it is fascinating that when I pay attention to my body, I gain a greater understanding @Anna1979 . Glad you O'd. Sounds like you have great coverage this month.

Hi @Angelorum .

#205 of 504 Old 07-30-2014, 06:10 AM

I completely agree @tinytina . Before TTCing I never noticed all that my ovaries "flutter" leading up to O. Even though I still use OPK's I think I could probably get rid of them since I'm able to tell when I'll get a positive just by how I feel and what my body is doing.

AFM - temps went up this am so I'm on to the TWW. DH and I are going camping this weekend so between getting ready and camping the first part of my TWW should fly by quickly.

#206 of 504 Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM

Agreed, @tinytina and @Anna1979 - very interesting what my body tells me if I "listen."

@Anna1979 hope you have a great camping trip!

Alas, I'm back to waiting to O but a consolation is that AF came right on time, which is nice because it means less waiting until the next try…(she can typically be quite late when she wants to…)

#207 of 504 Old 07-30-2014, 11:37 AM

Erm.... So I'm sitting here on the evening of 14dpo (cd29) and AF is still absent. Weird.
I absolutely cannot get my hopes up, but even in my random cycles I've never had a luteal phase of more than 14 days, so I'm wondering if I O'd later than FF is saying. Otherwise I'm starting to feel flutters of anticipation, because it would be so, so great if this was it! Eek!

@FyerFly I'm sorry that af got to you, but I get what you mean about it being good that it's on time. If af is coming late to me she is going to have a STERN talking to. And by late, I mean anytime after 5hours from now, because that would be 15dpo. Best of luck in your next cycle, chances are I'm joining you.
#208 of 504 Old 07-30-2014, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Cool I'm sorry and I feel your frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
Thanks. I'm seeing an RE. I've been TTC for over five years now and only have two miscarriages to show for it (and nothing in the last three years at all). I'm looking at my 35th birthday in a couple weeks and mourning the loss of my best reproductive years. I should've seen a doctor sooner. Oh well. Can't change the past.

I don't know what's next. Doctor just seems to want to throw more Clomid at it. The HSG test is a possibility but she hasn't ordered it and I'm scared of it. IUI is a possibility maybe, after a few more months of Clomid, if it doesn't cost too much (our insurance doesn't cover fertility treatment). IVF isn't an option for us for a list of reasons. I just don't know why every random idiot can squat out five kids she doesn't even want but this whole process is so difficult for good mothers who really want it. Trying hard not to get bitter.

I'm supposed to talk to the doc via phone call later today so I'll know more after I ask her some questions. Argh.

The good news is at least I can enjoy a few drinks on my birthday.
@dis calelceta...I'm so bummed for you. I know this is a bit late, im sorry. I just really thought this was IT FOR YOU! Awesome to look on the bright side...enjoy your birthday and go a little crazy,or a lot! Lol. I hear you about feeling like not making the most of the prime baby !along years. It really ticks me off, so I try not to think about it often. There is a/little munchkin out there meant for you.
Sonsorrt I've been AWOL..I just haven't been able to bring myself to post even though I've been quietly stalking and cheering you all on. Congrats to all the recent bfp's! And grads, thank you for hanging around and supporting us. It really does help.

Again I'm sorry for my lack of presence.. I think of and pray for you all often, while I stalk!

So very happy for our grads and hope you are all feeling great! Can't wait to join you!

AFM..hubby is doing better with his head in the right place. And the new meds he is taking don't effect his libido! Thank goodness,,,my man is back!
I'm in the t
TWW...13 dpo' I think... My cycle is usually31-32 days
I have been using the $ store cheapie and so far nothing... Stark white, (insert pouty face here)....today's test might have a hint of a line but I refuse to get my hopes up, FX though.

Be back later to catch up more....perkier...YEEEEHAAAA!!!
Tinytina...its getting so close.... I'm getting butterflies for you! Its soooo close!
Hi there been! Hope your feel in awesome!
Hi there and enormously huge ((hugs))can't wait to catch up!
#209 of 504 Old 07-30-2014, 03:04 PM

@alittlemischief LOL at "a STERN talking to" - mine is probably more of an emotional tantrum, but it sounds much nicer the way you say it. Fingers crossed she does NOT show up for you

#210 of 504 Old 07-30-2014, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
After negative pregnancy test and meeting with our fertility doc today, we have decided to move on to IVF. This next cycle I will be on birth control pills, and then we will do IVF in September. Does that make me waiting to 0? (but not til sept)

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page