~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
@tinytina , I'm so sorry to hear that you had a rough day. I hope you enjoy the museum and feel better soon.

Last edited by Melinda1980; 08-04-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
@tinytina sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. It can be so hard to live in the present and take each day at a time, but it sounds like you're working on doing that! Hugs to you, hope you enjoy the holiday

@Melinda1980 sorry you've been feeling depressed in limbo for many weeks! hope you will get some answers soon

Fingers crossed for you @CountryGirl916 !

@alittlemischief love your photo for DH!! Must have been such a sweet moment for you both.

@ayme371 sorry AF found you and hope you have a great time at the beach!

@Angelorum fingers crossed for you!

@discalceata so glad you had a good trip. It sounds absolutely wonderful, and fingers crossed for good news to come soon!

AFM still waiting to O, trying to perfect a homemade protein shake recipe (stalking due date clubs, it seems that protein is really helpful with early pg symptoms, and being a vegetarian, I know protein is something I can use more of anytime…), and enjoying the last few weeks before I start my PhD program. @tinytina I really hope you're right and the return of my busy lifestyle will be the perfect distraction from my obsession with all things TTC. You are also right -- very important to make time for DH, something I didn't do enough of the last 2yrs during my masters…

Hope everyone has a great week.

book-loving, cross-stitching, urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, welcoming our first in June 2015!

Old 08-04-2014, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post

@Angelorum ...thank you for the congrats, I wish it was stickier. I agree with you about the whole "accident" thing. My Ds is the best accident ever. I believe strongly that your body will know when the time is right for your little one and you'll get your BFP. Accidents absolutely make the decision making much easier, lol! I hope I have as many accidents as I'm blessed with. I really did think this was IT for me, even though DTD only 2x in the fertile window, but again 2x after ff said my window was closed. I'm starting to think that I ovulate later or something. I've looked at some charts on tcoyf and on there your considered fertile for several days after you O. Thinking about sticking my info on both sites and will see what happens.
Sorry it didn't work out

As for TCOYF, I use it, I think it considers you potentially fertile until there have been 3 days of temps over the cover line and 3 or 4 (can't remember?) dry/infertile CM (in other words, until there is a strong confirmation of O) but I think it's more for the purposes of those using the program to try to avoid pregnancy, rather than ttc. I thought the book said you should dtd every day you have fertile cm, plus the day after O.

As for me, I was looking at the calendar and realized we are going to be visiting family starting at about 14 dpo. Which means I may have to sneak a pregnancy test at my parent's house. Not sure how I feel about it. It might be fun to get a BFP while we are there and tell everyone, or I might be feeling overwhelmed and not ready to share yet. Or I might be crampy and grumpy and bleeding. I don't know, this is only my 4th O since ds2 was born, and my luteal phase started out super short when AF came back (it was the same way after ds1, things evened out after a few cycles). I didn't get a very good O date last cycle, but I think my luteal phase was somewhere between 10 and 13 days, so I may get AF before we even leave.

Has anyone done Mayan Abdominal Massage? I had one session before conceiving ds2 . I went looking for some relief from some chronic pelvic floor pain, the massage was in December, we were planning on not avoiding pregnancy (but not really TTC) starting in February. Anyway, the massage was interesting, it didn't really help with the pain, but the feeling of her moving my uterus back into the right spot (apparently it was leaning a little right and a tad low, I had no idea) was the craziest release. It was strangely emotional, like a really cleansing exhale after you've been nervous about something. The massage was right around O, and that cycle, I had a full 16 day luteal phase (it had previously been 12-14). The next cycle (January), I got a little careless about watching for fertile symptoms, and we ended up dtd 4 days before O. When I realized I must have been fertile, I brushed it off, thinking 4 days before O was a long shot, but lo and behold, we now have ds2 from that "oops".

If my LP continues to be short, and we are feeling more definitely ready, I'll probably see if I can scrape together the money for another session.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

Old 08-04-2014, 01:49 PM

@FyerFly good luck with your PhD, very exciting!
@Angel orun I hope you enjoy the visit with your family and it's cramp free. I've not heard of that type of massage but it sounds interesting.

AFM I had some very light pink spotting today and now it's gone. Ive read a little about chemical pregnancy and I'm guessing maybe that explains my one day BFP. Soooo I guess back to waiting for AF. Again. Today is 7 weeks since the d&c.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
@alittlemischief I LOVE that beach pic! So sweet! Congratulations!

@tinytina I'm sorry you had a downer day. I hope you're feeling better. Hugs.

I had my blood drawn to test progesterone today (CD22) and now there's nothing left to do but wait until next week. Argh! It's going to be such a long, long week while I wait to find out! I've planned a few activities to try and keep busy but man, I hate this waiting! I'm supposed to test on Monday, which is also the same day I start a new job. Might test the day before though just so I can spend some time with husband either way afterward.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thanks ladies. I had a much better day yesterday. The museum was really fun- they had a neat temporary exhibit on early quilts- 1920s-1980s and the use of color and the amount of detail was amazing.

AFM: Well....insemination was a week ago yesterday, so DPO 8 and I am not sure what to think yet. Resisting the urge to test. Hoping to wait until Saturday since my blood test is next Monday.
Got to work on my last assignment for this course which is due Friday.

Thanks @Melinda1980 . Hope AF finds you soon. Sorry this has been so difficult for you dear.

Thanks @FyerFly , I am definitely trying to stay in the present right now. Hope the protein helps

@Angelorum , I think I would hold off testing until afterwards that way you can decide where and when you want to tell everyone

Thanks @discalceata , good luck on your new job. I agree waiting seems to take forever.

Hi everyone else!

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
Old 08-05-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

@Angelorum , I think I would hold off testing until afterwards that way you can decide where and when you want to tell everyone

Yeah, but If I don't get my period I'll be 19 DPO before we get home, and I'll pretty much know I'm pregnant then. Plus I don't think I'll be able to wait that long :P

6 DPO today. Highest temp yet this morning. But I was also really hot when I woke up.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

Old 08-05-2014, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Happy Tuesday, everybody!

@ayme371 I'm so sorry about your unsticky BFP. It sucks to have the excitement and then have it wane almost immediately. Hang in there! Enjoy the beach!

@Anna1979 I really struggle with those sorts of situations as well. It is not something I am proud of but I am totally worried that my little sister (4 years younger) will get pregnant before I do. To my knowledge she's not even trying, but still. I read a quote from Patanjali (Yoga Sutras) a while ago about 'cultivating attitudes of friendliness towards the happy' which I try to think about in those moments.

@discalceata Belated happy birthday! Your trip sounds awesome!! Fingers crossed for some good news from your camp!

@alittlemischief I love the photo! So sweet!

@Melinda1980 I really hope AF shows up soon. Can you take wild carrot to try to speed things along?

@tinytina I'm glad you're feeling better! I have every finger crossed for you!

@FyerFly Share the protein shake recipe once you perfect it?

@CountryGirl916 Waiting is the worst! Are you going to try and wait until Sat to test again?

@Angelorum I read some about Mayan abdominal massage since I'd never heard about it, and now I definitely want one! All the practitioners in my area are really expensive, so I'm going to hold off for a little while, but thanks for introducing me to it! I never would have known. I'd probably crack and test at my parents' house, but wouldn't tell them right away so that I could do it in a more thought out way.

I think I'm a couple of days past O but FF hasn't confirmed it yet. If my temp is up again tomorrow I think that will do it. I had a slower rise than usual but I've also woken up cold 2 of the last 3 nights. I feel a bit crampy and tired but I could just be crampy and tired. I'm trying to find a balance between being hopeful and not driving myself crazy. If I o'd when I think I did, I'd be 14 or 15DPO on DH's birthday, which would be a great day to get a BFP!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
We're back from our camping trip and I'm 7DPO. Now I need to get all the camping gear put away and get to get my spare bedroom cleaned out so its ready for my sister to move in at the end of the month.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
Old 08-06-2014, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
FF isn't yet showing that I've O'ed, but my temps have gone up for the past couple of days and my peak reading on the OPK was a couple of days ago. What do you guys think?

My Ovulation Chart
Old 08-06-2014, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hi @perkier I think you O'd on Monday, which would mean ff would still be waiting for one more temp to confirm. Lovely temp increase though- best of luck that you caught the egg x
Old 08-06-2014, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
@perkier , yea, I'm going to wait. It's driving me crazy not knowing for sure but I don't want another negative right now.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Glad your temps keep rising @Angelorum . I say take a test but don't tell anyone yet.
@perkier , I understand your concerns about others getting pregnant before you. I have the same thoughts and worries. Thanks for the fingers crossed- I am so ready for this to happen.
Hope you have O'd and your temperature rises. That sounds like a great birthday present for your husband.

Hope you enjoyed your camping trip @Anna1979 , good luck on the spare bedroom clean-up. It is my big project right now too.

Hi @alittlemischief

I am waiting until Saturday to test too @CountryGirl916

Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 AM

Temps really spike this morning. Really hoping the rest of this week flies by as does next week. DH and I are celebrating our 7 year anniversary at the end of the month so it would be neat to get a BFP this cycle.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
Old 08-06-2014, 01:31 PM

I guess I'm starting to get AF 2 days early.... I've got light pink bleeding. Over the past week and a half I had a few days where I was light headed, nausea, short of breath. I even feel like my breasts are fuller. I had those 3 BFN. I'm actually starting to feel angry. It would be one thing to have no symptoms and have a late period and being disappointed then but this feeling like I am... this is cruel. I've even had a dream two nights in a row that I got the BFP. I know there is still a slight possibility that I am but I'm feeling heart broken.

I knew it wasn't going to be an easy road.... need to stay calm....

Lots of luck to everyone.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:39 PM

@CountryGirl916 - I'm so sorry. I had that last month, really thought it was it and then the symptoms slowly went away and I bled. Even my doctor couldn't figure out why. This process can be such an emotional roller coaster. Hugs and good luck next time. (I find a glass or two of wine takes the sad off getting my period these days, and of course some chocolate.)
Old 08-06-2014, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
@CountryGirl916 so sorry. I know that heart broken feeling, and it really stinks. Hope you find ways to keep busy and enjoy yourself like @discalceata said.

@Anna1979 fingers crossed and hope the time goes by swiftly for you!

@perkier - so far my best protein shake recipe is: 1/2c skim milk, 2tbsp non-fat plain greek yogurt, handful of strawberries, banana, couple teaspoons of chopped walnuts, and a handful of DH's delicious homemade granola. Yum! At first I was using peanut butter in each shake, but realized that the pb totally takes over the taste and texture. Crossing fingers for a birthday BFP for your DH and you

@tinytina that quilt exhibit sounds amazing!! So glad you got to enjoy that, and only a few more days to wait!

Thanks @Melinda1980 ! Hoping AF comes soon for you so you can move on!

@Angelorum looking forward to your test results, whenever you decide to test!

book-loving, cross-stitching, urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, welcoming our first in June 2015!

Old 08-07-2014, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
CD30. Nervosity is increasing. Occasional strong pre-period-like pains, but no period yet. My cycles are 28-32 days long (pre-MC, not sure about them now, but they've been shorter so far 27-30days). A little scared ...
Old 08-07-2014, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Still around- ran errands yesterday in the rain but at least it is sunny today. Worked on my last assignment for this course- just needs to be proof-read but should be able to pass it in today! Yippee! A break for about 3 weeks.
@Anna1979 , glad your temperature continued to rise.

Sorry to hear about AF finding you early @CountryGirl916 , are you sure it isn't implantation spotting?

Sorry to hear about your experience last month @discalceata . I agree this really is an emotional rollercoaster

Love your shake idea @FyerFly . The quilts were beautiful- I love art and crafts so it is right up my alley. Thanks for your support.

Sorry to hear you are so nervous and scared @Wilhelmina

Old 08-07-2014, 06:49 AM

@discalceata I know what you mean about the waiting, it is the worst! And yes, it is an emotional roller coaster and it gets so, so hard sometimes. @tinytina I hope you get positive results on Saturday, Ill be checking back and hoping for good news. Its nice that you'll have a short break. Ive taken the entire summer off from classes because I was pregnant...now I think I just have too much time on my hands to worry and stress. I look forward to starting back in September. @Anna1979 happy almost anniversary and hopefully this is your month. That would be so cool! @perkier I hope you Od and had good coverage! @CountryGirl it is cruel and Im so, so sorry. Sending much love your way. @FyerFly Thanks! @Wilhelmina Im sorry youre so nervous. Its easy for people tell you to relax and wait it out, but that is so incredibly hard sometimes. I hope you get good news soon.

AFM I finally got AF today! Ive never been so happy to get AF in my life LOL. I really want to start TTC again this cycle, but Im a little worried about another MC. My doctor did say that as long as we wait one cycle its totally fine to start trying again and I do really want to, so I think we will. I know so many people who got pregnant again right after MCs and had healthy babies, so I keep reminding myself of that.

So I guess I can move over to waiting to O
Old 08-07-2014, 07:17 AM

Thank you, @discalceata and @firefly , I did have a glass of wine last night. I need to work on either reading or my crafts more to keep me busy.
@tinytina , I wish but it's a full blown period. My cycle is 26-30 days. Good luck with your class.
@Anna1979 , keeping my fingers crossed for you, that would be a nice gift. Happy early anniversary!
@Wilhelmina , sending you peace while you wait for your answer.
@Melinda1980 , thank you. Lots of luck to you.

Today, I'm actually at peace with it. DH and I are going camping the weekend before my birthday (September) which I'll be ovulating then. Of course I have one more chance before then but that will be a nice relaxing weekend. The campground has a wolf sanctuary there. I'm looking forward to howling with the wolves.

I'm back to waiting to O.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 AM

@tinytina @Melinda1980 Thank you ladies. I appreciate you responding.

I'm nervous not only because of my previous MC (I try to tell myself that statistics are on my side), but also because I am having dental issues and am going to get a root canal on Saturday. I've had a 'devitalization' insert in my tooth for nearly a month now (it was supposed to take care of the pain and kill the roots in the tooth - which it did) and I'm worried about it possibly having negative impact on my possible theoretical pregnancy ... I feel like I should have waited one more month before TTCing, but lets just say my judgment was impaired a couple of nights ... I feel so silly right now.

Dentists are telling me there's nothing to worry and I swear I'm not gonna google it ... Plus AF might still arrive. However, I am testing tomorrow if nothing happens till then.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:32 AM

@CountryGirl916 Hugs. You sound like you're dealing with it very well though. It's good to keep occupied. Good luck with next cycle!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi ladies! I've been following along the past week but haven't posted for a number of reasons. One of which is that I can't figure out how to mention others (with the @ sign) while replying. I'm on iphone 5 using the regular safari browser. I searched the Help forums but couldn't find anything! Can someone fill me in? :-) Thanks!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:16 AM

@Wilhelmina , for the past two years I would torture myself constantly whenever a co-worker or friend was pregnant or if I was around a baby wondering when I would have my chance to start ttc. It would drive me crazy too when people would ask if we started trying yet because it was never my choice not to. At first my dh was headstrong wanting to wait until we moved out of Philly. Out of nowhere he gave up the waiting to move fight. That alone has give me some peace. I'm sure if the months and months go by with all bfns I may be a little less sane. hehe

Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post
Hi ladies! I've been following along the past week but haven't posted for a number of reasons. One of which is that I can't figure out how to mention others (with the @ sign) while replying. I'm on iphone 5 using the regular safari browser. I searched the Help forums but couldn't find anything! Can someone fill me in? :-) Thanks!
You simply type in "@skinnyloveBC" or whatever other nickname in its entirety and spelled correctly ... W/o the quotation marks, of course. That's at least how I've been doing it. I'm also posting from my iPhone.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl916 View Post
@Wilhelmina , for the past two years I would torture myself constantly whenever a co-worker or friend was pregnant or if I was around a baby wondering when I would have my chance to start ttc. It would drive me crazy too when people would ask if we started trying yet because it was never my choice not to. At first my dh was headstrong wanting to wait until we moved out of Philly. Out of nowhere he gave up the waiting to move fight. That alone has give me some peace. I'm sure if the months and months go by with all bfns I may be a little less sane. hehe
The next BFP might happen much sooner than you'd expect. I also spent a year really wanting to TTC and had to go through a few close friends announcing their pregnancies before my DH finally 'gave in'. So I understand that feeling on a certain level. Now I'm oscillating between 'I'm not sure' land and 'OMG I want a baby' land ... While hubby is sure that he wants one 100%. I envy him this.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:48 AM

Thanks Ladies.

I'm really trying not to symptom spot but it's hard when I'm feeling a little off and what getting a weird feeling in my uterus on and off since yesterday. I keep telling myself its nothing so I don't get my hopes up.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 AM

I gave in and tested with a FRER this morning. Got a BFN, but it's about 10 dpo, cycle day 25. So maybe I just need to wait longer. I'll hold off until Saturday and test again. Way to waste a test, huh?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
I gave in and tested with a FRER this morning. Got a BFN, but it's about 10 dpo, cycle day 25. So maybe I just need to wait longer. I'll hold off until Saturday and test again. Way to waste a test, huh?
How long are your cycles?

I'm testing tomorrow, CD31. However some of my cycles have been as long as 32 days. So, maybe I should hold out to CD 32... Fingers crossed for you!

User Tag List