Mothering Forum banner

~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014

26K views 503 replies 46 participants last post by  akmcg 
#1 · (Edited)
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
July-August 2014

Posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in BOLD.

:W Waiting to O :W
Veritas Vitae
jennsies
rosie2727
siuann
ayme371
AugustLia23
perkier
skinnyloveBC
quantum
JerFenstmaker
CountryGirl916
Angelorum
discalceata
FyerFly
centerednova
blissful_maia
alicenwonderlan

:scratch Waiting to Know (2WW) :scratch
scjp1109
OneWithTwo
jsustanley
Firefly77
zen12345
Yaliina
deserae
saharaviolet
franluvsbubba
Waiting4SJ
Charmedseed
radiowave
chilee
wassernixe
alittlemischief
Wilhelmina
loba
SeattleRain
Melinda1980
mamalovehm
akmcg
Anna1979
JennyT
tinytina

:confused WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! :confused
staceeyore01
lilybean t
waywornwanderer

:idea Waiting to be Ready :idea
Onellie
dancingmama0721
devilish
ericka29
mamadance84
Aloria
sleepingbeauty

Waiting to Hear From
greenegirl
KatelynRose
hilsd
tifga
deliciousbydre
Truffula11
ttcbby01
jojobean

2013/2014 GRADUATES~

:joy Big congrats to you all! :joy

:heartbeat August BFP's :heartbeat
AntoninBeGonin
clarwyn

:heartbeat July BFP's :heartbeat
MakeItSew
HappyMama2013

:heartbeat June BFP's :heartbeat
jenjy
alivewithyou
bren94
EdenAurora

:heartbeat April BFP's :heartbeat
t2009
dmariev
NSmomtobe
girlspn
apeydef
maof1
NaturallyMo
Kita4
angelasm1th
Li5i or LouisaG

:heartbeat March BFP's :heartbeat
Harmony96
marilyn612
badwolf092087
Truffula11

:heartbeat February BFP's :heartbeat
Oregonmoon
edubluv
WifeofAnt
katealici
Alivewithyou
jchole

:heartbeat January BFP's :heartbeat
mygreenestgrass
CrystalMarie
magrat
Diamhim
linnylou422
cagirlintexas

December BFP's
innacircle
Motivated Mama 2twins.gif
delightedbutterfly
kateaton
crunchymonkey

Below is a link to "The One Grad Club Thread" for all the Mamas who received their BFP!

http://www.mothering.com/forum/19-i-m-pregnant/1431114-one-thread-grad-club-july.html

See less See more
#215 ·
Waiting to Know or TWW here!

A bit nervous about possible pregnancy, which is weird since I'm on a TTC thread, right? Well, after my very traumatic loss at 13 weeks of pregnancy (12 weeks and 2 days), I'm still struggling to be totally ok. It's been 3.5 months since my D&C.

What will be will be. Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.

#216 ·
@ayme371 I really hope your faint line is a bfp in disguise, I'm happy to squint with you :) as of today I'm 15dpo, and I had an early mc in May, so I'm not jumping into a ddc just yet but it would be awesome to have another one-thread ttc'er to take my hand and jump in with me! Oh and no symptoms to report as of yet, except for a little 'wooziness' on the morning of 13dpo, but I put that down to too much sun exposure.
@perkier I haven't told hubby just yet, I wAnt to get a more expensive/clearer test to show him or he may not e convinced. Also, he's working an early shift so I haven't seen him since last night. I want to make a bit of a special thing about telling him, but il probably just blurt it out soon as he comes through the door!
@Wilhelmina I hope your 2ww breezes by and you get a lovely surprise at the end, I'm so sorry you had such a devastating loss.

#217 ·
@alittlemischief...I certainly hope you are correct, I've only used the $store tests and Ive had bad luck,well its probably the fact that I have had chemical pergnancies in Nov 2013, March2014,and also in may and June of this year. So,I'm extremely wary of a repeat and I'm afraid to get excited, which sucks ...I'm so thrilled but afraid it won't stick again. I don't really have any symptoms either(sore BBS, bathroom lots,very emotional)..from what I remember from 10 yrs ago I feel pretty much the same. I just happen to be a bit older and the body is struggling to do on its own what it once could do. That is why I'm scared out of my pants. I keep praying...please body work...please. Sorry I don't mean to be negative or to scare you. Just that i feel your fear and I hope we can cross over to the next phase and support one another. I'm on day 30 of a 30-32 day cycle,14dpo. I've embarrassingly taken tests since 9dpo and all were starkwhite until 13 dpo.and now there is definitely a linepic... day13(looks pink to me) . I'll try my best to post a pic...bring out the aquinters. I don't have a reference point of the earliest positive date with my son. I didn't test with him until I was several days late.
@alittlemischief...your line is nice and clear and the test looks like a frer too. Do you plan to test and see if the line darkens up...I bet it will..giant FX ...its time to grow a baby!

#219 ·
Hey everyone,

Trying to distract myself a lot right now. Been working on cleaning up the kitchen cupboards and clearing out the spare bedroom (we got a storage unit starting this Friday). Also finishing up my course (ends on Aug. 8th)

Enjoy your time camping @Anna1979.

Glad AF found you quickly @FyerFly.

Fingers crossed @alittlemischief. Love the picture. So happy for you hun!

Thanks @ayme371, sounds like things are getting better for you and hubby. Got my fingers crossed for you that the line darkens. I am getting so excited but also some nerves/anxiety too. Its a hard balance.

Definitely waiting to O is fine @radiowave. Sorry this cycle was unsuccessful. Hopefully IVF will work for you in September.

I am definitely working on getting this apartment cleaned and organized @Angelorum. Definitely trying to eat and drink better (less coffee and pop).

Thanks for asking about me @perkier. Trying not to overthink too much or drive myself crazy. Thanks dear. Hope your blood tests go well. Hope you O soon

Hugs @Wilhelmina, hope you can handle the mental issues dear during this difficult/stressful time.

#221 ·
@alittlemischief CONGRATS!!! So exciting and keep us posted on the results of the next test!!!
@Anna1979 rice crispy squares sound soooo good. hopefully when you're out camping you won't notice the heat/humidity as much - i find my body adjusts pretty quickly to being outdoors all the time. Totally understand a bit of bitterness over your friend's possible good luck, I'm trying really hard to keep sending positive thoughts and sharing positive energy with friends who are pregnant/friends with kids, but BFNs dampen some of my enthusiasm :irked
@tinytina - sounds like you have some great distractions for your TWW! How great that your course will end on Aug 8 -- will you start another one soon after?
@Wilhelmina hugs to you :Hug, sending healing thoughts and hope all works out just as you said - the best possible outcome.
@perkier hope you catch that egg soon! Thanks for mentioning Vit B, D, and folate -- these are good things to look out for.
@radiowave sorry it didn't work out this month, fingers crossed for IVF success in September!

AFM feeling better after a few days of moping…lots of crazy things going on in a few friends' lives (divorce, a big move, health issues), which helps put my own concerns into perspective. School starts in less than 30 days, too, which is going to be a huge adjustment after a relatively quiet summer of "just" working -- fingers crossed that the added busy-ness and stress don't make TTC more difficult :duh

#222 ·
Congrats to you for you BFP! Can't wait to see more coming soon! :)

sadly, this month was not our month...again. This is month 6 of trying with negative results. It is so frustrating! Perhaps next month will be our lucky ticket!
I know that it will happen...but I am an impatient person! haha.

I hope that everyone is doing well!! sending sticky dust and hugs to all of you!

also, could I be moved to Waiting To O, please!

#223 ·
Thank you all for your congratulations. I'm not yet feeling confident that this pregnancy is here to stay, but I'm slowly allowing myself to feel excited. If it's not upsetting anyone I'm going to hang around a bit longer- this ttc journey was tough and you were all a great support so please tell me if I'm overstepping. But for those that would like an update here is my latest test

Attachments

#224 ·
Hi everyone,

Trying to take it easy this weekend and not overthink/worry. This would be DPO 4.

I understand your mixed feelings about your friend's situation @Anna1979

I get a 3 week break before my next course which starts the first week of September @FyerFly. That will be my last course in my master's program. I like to think that being busy will distract you from over thinking dear. Make sure you schedule time for you and for your husband.

Sorry to hear that it didn't happen this month @JerFenstmaker

Good picture/line @alittlemischief, definitely stick around as long as you want.

#226 ·
Hello all! I'm back from a glorious week in the woods, sleeping in a lovely yurt under the stars and the trees, doing some wine tasting, hiking, playing Yahtzee in the breeze naked with my husband all day, and working diligently to make a baby! I ovulated on my 35th birthday, got two separate and strong surges of LH, and my temperature shot up by a full point and stayed there for the last few days. Monday I'll get my progesterone tested and the Monday after that, I should know! I hope I got a baby for my birthday!

But either way, it was a seriously lovely week. I needed that. I don't know where I left my stress but I looked around my apartment and I can't find it now. :wink

Off to read the thread and catch up on y'all's news!

#228 ·
FX for your Birthday wish

@discalceata...seriously sounds like an awesome way to spend the weekend and I'm having a hard time not being envious. It just sounds sooo relaxing, trying not to picture it, lol. spending a weekend like yours, full of baby makin, and..., could it be more perfect? Fx for you, don't think youll need them though. The stress relief alone was worth it.
@alittlemischief...picture progression looks beautiful....still keeping some hope that I'll get to cautiously cross the magic threshold with you. Keep us posted!!!
@Angelorum...getting ready? good? I'm quite the procrastinator myself and have a hard time staying focused once I finally get motivated, double whammy, I am trying to get the house organixed though. We have so much stuff that its hard to deal with, three households full, and getting DH to part with anything is like prying a favorite toy from a child...next to impossible and not at all pleasant. organizing is my big thing though, I b=need some sense of peace from the chaos of "stuff". FX crossed for you.
@tinytina...you must have one of the tidiest homes on town, could you rub off on me a bit please. Or maybe I could borrow some of your focus and organizational skills. Keep yourself busy though, Pamper yourself a bit too, a massage maybe, bubble bath, something special that makes you feel good...days of pampering might be more challenging in your very near future : ))
@perkier...DH's head is getting better...and I'm becoming a bit bolder in "fixing his glitches" lately. Please forgive me if I missed something while I was clearing my head, but I thought congratulations were in order for you...I'm sorry, I've read back and can't find anything... but I hope all is going well for you.
@Anna1979...hope you are doing well and really hope that those herbs your neuropath had lying around are working well for you and will soon bring you your answers!
@SeattleRain,,,((hugs))) It will be your month Soon.
@radiowave...I'm happy to hear that you aren't letting your setback stand in your way. I'm impressed at how you seem to barrel through whatever challenges or curveballs come your way. I'm sorry your family vacation in OC was interrupted by the stress and running around. I have many fond memories of family vacations in OC...it sure has changes a lot since I was a kiddo...the crowds...Since I now live over the northern state line I've recently been introduced to the Jersey beaches, major taboo words growing up, but honestly...some of the small towns are awesome and so family friendly. The roads aren't clogged with people who shouldn't be driving and not paying attention to people on bikes...I loved OC and the surrounding small towns are great but the crowds have made me love the Jersey small towns on the shore, Riding bikes with little ones are safe, the beaches are awesome...the sandbars go forever with plenty of gentle surf for little ones to safely play in. Anyway...I'm not trying to sell you on a trip , I'm actually taking a break from planning out last minute/great price vacation now. If you'd like some ideas for adorable very family friendly areas to check out please let me know. depending in where you live, the milage is actually shorter from MD to the Jersey beaches than to the MD shore. Sorry so off topic...just want to let you know that I admire your strength and taking the many unexpected obstacles in stride. FX that the IVF is gentle on you and first time does the trick.

So sorry if I missed anyone, I'm sure I did, but wanted to catch up a bit.
AFM...I'm 16 DPO, CD32 Yep another update on my status, I actually had a very positive test that skeptical DH even confirmed, Took a more expensive brand test on Friday evening and I could tilt and squint a line, but DH saw nothing. He suggested that maybe the sample wasn't as concentrated...I don't even want to mention what the other option may be. I'm not giving up hope yet. I'm on day 32, longest my cycle ever is, AF is nowhere to be seen and my symptoms that brought my wonderful DS are still strong. So saying prayers, and trusting His timeline. I tried to share the pics of the good tests, couldn't figure it out,,,Frustrating!

Just in case... anyone have any experience using the concieveeasy.com products. They have a starter kit that has 2 months worth of various supplements, 20 "free" ovulation or pregnancy tests(or split 50/50), Basal thermometer...just pay $6 or$10 S $ H, send back empty supplement containers and no obligation to purchase anything else. I've been known to be a sucker, so I try to be very thorough. Thought I'd check if anyone had any experience? Thanks.

Back to planning for me...sleep is calling me though...It was great to catch up a bit!!! Sleep well all!!!

Happy Birthday again Discalceata....I bet your still smiling from that Birthday weekend!!! I may have to share the idea with DH, we have a 1\2 year anniversary coming up...not something I usually pay attention to but any excuse to "play, au naturel in the woods"...Heck who needs an excuse??? LOL

#229 ·
@ayme371 I'm so hoing to be taking you with me! That cheapie test sounds promising. I'm finding it hard to get 'concentrated' samples to test from- I don't want to hold for long and risk a uti and I won't sacrifice on fluid intake either. Hopefully in a few days we will both have lines that are indisputably stronger than the control :) oh and I shared the news with DH yesterday .... We went to 'our place' after he finished work (it's a beach not far from home, and has big significance to us, we went there when I went into labour with my first treasure, and it's where we go when we need headspace or just to 'be') anyhow here's my announcement- I took a picture because he was sitting up the beach, then showed him what I 'found' before the tide washed it away...

Attachments

Reactions: Melinda1980
#230 ·
Hi everyone,

Hope you all enjoy a great weekend.
Our major re-organizing/decluttering project for Sunday is the dry goods/food storage in the kitchen.
Today, I need to complete an assignment for school.

Love hearing how happy and de-stressed you are @discalceata. Hopefully you will get a great birthday present. Happy Birthday!

Hi @alittlemischief, love your picture and way of sharing it with your husband. So sweet

Thanks for the compliment @ayme371. I don't know about focus or organizational skills but I need to make this apartment function better for me and my husband (who is in a wheelchair) and make enough room for a baby. We had been waiting and not doing much for the last few months because we thought we were moving but that is now on the back burner. I think your idea about pampering is a great idea. I need to learn how to do more of it. Fingers crossed hun

Reactions: discalceata
#231 ·
Congratulations @ayme371 and @alittlemischief!

It's looking like I ovulated on Wednesday. So I guess I'm officially waiting to know. We only dtd once during the fertile window (2 days before), but I'm still really not sure if I'm ready, so I feel ok about it. If it doesn't work this time, we'll probably try a little harder next cycle. It only took once to get pregnant with ds2, and it was 4 whole days before O.

There are a lot of reasons I think having a baby in the late spring/early summer would be easier for me, I'm just not sure if ds2 is ready to share his mommy with a fetus. He still nurses kind of a lot, and I'm afraid I'll lose my milk once I get pregnant. And he's still not sleeping through the night (though his sleep has improved recently). I'm just afraid I'll be a zombie mommy with the 1st trimester exhaustion and tending to ds2 in the middle of the night.

There was a whole let less over-thinking getting pregnant by accident, hahaha. I was just like, "well, guess it was time!"

#233 ·
Hi ladies! I haven't been on this board much lately because I've been really depressed. I'm 7 weeks past my D&C (at a little over 9 weeks pg) I still don't have AF back. I'm a hormonal mess and super depressed that this is taking so long. My doctor said I should get AF around 4 weeks after. I'm starting to wonder if I am pregnant agin tho. And that's why I didn't get AF yet, but I'm not sure.

I have no idea if I ovulated or not. We have only DTD a few times and he "pulled out" all but once, last Sunday, seven days ago. Last Monday was 6 weeks after the D&C and I was concerned so I made an appointment with my doctor, but he couldn't see me till Thursday. On Wednesday I had a drop of light pink blood when I wiped. I got excited because I thought it was the start of AF but then that was it, no more blood. On Thursday I saw my doctor and he did a brief exam and said everything was fine, but that I could possibly be pregnant. He did a urine test there and it was negative. The nurse said to go back for a slip for a blood test if I don't get AF by next Thursday.

I'm starting to wonder if I am pregnant and that was implantation bleeding I had on Wednesday, in which case the test I took at the doctor on Thursday would be too early to be positive.

So I took a FRER yesterday (this was the only brand that gave me a BFP last time, as soon as 9 DPO) and it was negative. Then I took another FRER today and it was super light, but there was definitely a line. I even made DP check and he saw it too. So I took out yesterday's test and it took has a suuuuuper light line, lighter than today's.

So I'm hoping I am pregnant, but I'm too scared to get excited just yet....or at all considering how my last pregnancy ended. I have heard that it's possible to still have hormones in your body after a D&C but could they still be there 7 weeks later? I had a "suction D&C". I don't think this is the case tho because today's test was definitely darker than yesterday's, but I think it's possible.

And if I am pregnant, I don't even know how far along I am or how this could have happened. If it's from the one time that DP finished inside of me that would only put me at 7DPO today. But if it was from the last time he "pulled out" that would put me at 14 DPO today. Neither makes sense to me tho, because at 14dpo I'd think the FRER would be darker and the doctors test would have been positive, and if I'm only 7dpo I'd think the FRER would be negative. I'm just so confused and a huge mix of emotions for the past few months.

I'm sorry this is so long and thanks for reading if you got all the way through.

#236 ·
Hi ladies! I haven't been on this board much lately because I've been really depressed. I'm 7 weeks past my D&C (at a little over 9 weeks pg) I still don't have AF back. I'm a hormonal mess and super depressed that this is taking so long. My doctor said I should get AF around 4 weeks after. I'm starting to wonder if I am pregnant agin tho. And that's why I didn't get AF yet, but I'm not sure.

I have no idea if I ovulated or not. We have only DTD a few times and he "pulled out" all but once, last Sunday, seven days ago. Last Monday was 6 weeks after the D&C and I was concerned so I made an appointment with my doctor, but he couldn't see me till Thursday. On Wednesday I had a drop of light pink blood when I wiped. I got excited because I thought it was the start of AF but then that was it, no more blood. On Thursday I saw my doctor and he did a brief exam and said everything was fine, but that I could possibly be pregnant. He did a urine test there and it was negative. The nurse said to go back for a slip for a blood test if I don't get AF by next Thursday.

I'm starting to wonder if I am pregnant and that was implantation bleeding I had on Wednesday, in which case the test I took at the doctor on Thursday would be too early to be positive.

So I took a FRER yesterday (this was the only brand that gave me a BFP last time, as soon as 9 DPO) and it was negative. Then I took another FRER today and it was super light, but there was definitely a line. I even made DP check and he saw it too. So I took out yesterday's test and it took has a suuuuuper light line, lighter than today's.

So I'm hoping I am pregnant, but I'm too scared to get excited just yet....or at all considering how my last pregnancy ended. I have heard that it's possible to still have hormones in your body after a D&C but could they still be there 7 weeks later? I had a "suction D&C". I don't think this is the case tho because today's test was definitely darker than yesterday's, but I think it's possible.

And if I am pregnant, I don't even know how far along I am or how this could have happened. If it's from the one time that DP finished inside of me that would only put me at 7DPO today. But if it was from the last time he "pulled out" that would put me at 14 DPO today. Neither makes sense to me tho, because at 14dpo I'd think the FRER would be darker and the doctors test would have been positive, and if I'm only 7dpo I'd think the FRER would be negative. I'm just so confused and a huge mix of emotions for the past few months.

I'm sorry this is so long and thanks for reading if you got all the way through.
It sounds very possible you are pregnant again! How far along were you when you miscarried?

#234 ·
so happy for you

@alittlemischief..I love your message in the sand! Definitely keep that pic for the baby book . please keep us posted on how your doing,I wish I could
cross make the step with you. My lines got darker, skeptical dh even confirmed on the cheapie then came home Fri with 5 more cheapies and a 3 pack of frer. It was late afternoon and very concentrated, and the cheapie and free were faint pos at 15 & 16 dpo. Then woke today at what would be 17 dpo with the red b....h. So 32 day cycle and first faint positive on 13dpo. I was afraid it would turn out that way,even though I felt the same with (emotional train wreck and bloated and eating non stop), temp even went up .2 this am, I don't know how to confirm a chemical without blood tests but I'm almost positive. Sorry so wordy. I am super happy for you and looking forward to updates. Shhh...I stalk the grads sometimes, want to be sure all is well and living vicariously, lol.
@Melinda1980...I am so sorry that you have been feeling crappy. Its totally understandable, you've been through hell. I wish there was a magic word to make it better. All I can say is that with time the hurt begins to move to the back of your thoughts. On the bright side.... .I'm thinking your prego! and about 7dpo! Congratulations!:grin:
You can definitely catch the egg before AF shows and getting prego after a loss happens often...your likelihood increases. So that one no pull did the trick,at least that's what I think(pull and pray was my "contraceptive" and one no pull and some "make-up" DTD and I have a fabulous ds)! It happens, your timing must have been just right. Did you notice any other fertile signs? For me I remember the next am having lots of ewcm, didn't know much about cm then, actually thought it was some leftovers,sorry for tmi. Take another test in a few days...I'd be willing to take bets that you get a super BFP! Congratulations! Try to relax and enjoy, I know that won't be easy...just take awesome care of yourself, even pamper yourself a bit. Being extra healthy might help you relax a bit,feeling like your doing everything possible for your healthy bean...may bring some inner peace and take your mind off of worrying. ((Big hugs)) all will be well.
@Angelorum...thank you for the congrats, I wish it was stickier. I agree with you about the whole "accident" thing. My Ds is the best accident ever. I believe strongly that your body will know when the time is right for your little one and you'll get your BFP. Accidents absolutely make the decision making much easier, lol! I hope I have as many accidents as I'm blessed with. I really did think this was IT for me, even though DTD only 2x in the fertile window, but again 2x after ff said my window was closed. I'm starting to think that I ovulate later or something. I've looked at some charts on tcoyf and on there your considered fertile for several days after you O. Thinking about sticking my info on both sites and will see what happens.
@tinytina..How are ya holding up? I think I'd be so excited and nervous at the same time that I'd be walking in circles. I'm impressed with your call and ability to focus on productive matters of life. I can't wait to see what happens this month for you! My dh is doing better, most days. He tends to get super anxious and he is more afraid of the unknown than anything else.

AFM...on Saturday we finally planned a last minute family trip to the beach and I'm really looking forward to it. So I'll be focusing on cleaning and getting ready. Finally doing all those chores that keep getting pushed to the back. I'll continue taking my handful of vitamins and supplements. Does anyone have a suggestion for anything that you feel really made a big difference for you? Each body is different. Just curious. I certainly never thought I'd be in this spot...I honestly just naively believed that when I wanted kiddos... I would. Struggling is sometimes a real kick. Relatively speaking I know I have it pretty easy, so I hope I didn't offend anyone. Sorry for whining.... Just never thought I'd be facing challenges in this area(slice of humble pie please). But who does think that conception will be a challenge. Some make it look really easy, lol.

Quick question about melatonin? Occasionally I take about 3-5 mg to help me sleep. Recently I've read some conflicting info on the role it plays. Some say it aids with conception and others believe it hinders conception. Any opinions? Sorry for being so wordy...again.... Have a great night all

would you please place me on CD 2, waiting to O, thank you!

#243 ·
@Angelorum ...thank you for the congrats, I wish it was stickier. I agree with you about the whole "accident" thing. My Ds is the best accident ever. I believe strongly that your body will know when the time is right for your little one and you'll get your BFP. Accidents absolutely make the decision making much easier, lol! I hope I have as many accidents as I'm blessed with. I really did think this was IT for me, even though DTD only 2x in the fertile window, but again 2x after ff said my window was closed. I'm starting to think that I ovulate later or something. I've looked at some charts on tcoyf and on there your considered fertile for several days after you O. Thinking about sticking my info on both sites and will see what happens.
Sorry it didn't work out :(

As for TCOYF, I use it, I think it considers you potentially fertile until there have been 3 days of temps over the cover line and 3 or 4 (can't remember?) dry/infertile CM (in other words, until there is a strong confirmation of O) but I think it's more for the purposes of those using the program to try to avoid pregnancy, rather than ttc. I thought the book said you should dtd every day you have fertile cm, plus the day after O.

As for me, I was looking at the calendar and realized we are going to be visiting family starting at about 14 dpo. Which means I may have to sneak a pregnancy test at my parent's house. Not sure how I feel about it. It might be fun to get a BFP while we are there and tell everyone, or I might be feeling overwhelmed and not ready to share yet. Or I might be crampy and grumpy and bleeding. I don't know, this is only my 4th O since ds2 was born, and my luteal phase started out super short when AF came back (it was the same way after ds1, things evened out after a few cycles). I didn't get a very good O date last cycle, but I think my luteal phase was somewhere between 10 and 13 days, so I may get AF before we even leave.

Has anyone done Mayan Abdominal Massage? I had one session before conceiving ds2 . I went looking for some relief from some chronic pelvic floor pain, the massage was in December, we were planning on not avoiding pregnancy (but not really TTC) starting in February. Anyway, the massage was interesting, it didn't really help with the pain, but the feeling of her moving my uterus back into the right spot (apparently it was leaning a little right and a tad low, I had no idea) was the craziest release. It was strangely emotional, like a really cleansing exhale after you've been nervous about something. The massage was right around O, and that cycle, I had a full 16 day luteal phase (it had previously been 12-14). The next cycle (January), I got a little careless about watching for fertile symptoms, and we ended up dtd 4 days before O. When I realized I must have been fertile, I brushed it off, thinking 4 days before O was a long shot, but lo and behold, we now have ds2 from that "oops".

If my LP continues to be short, and we are feeling more definitely ready, I'll probably see if I can scrape together the money for another session.

#235 ·
Thank you @Melinda1980. I'm hoping you are pregnant too- and Id bet that even though you are wanting a pregnancy you will have an @ayme371 I'm so hoing to be taking you with me! That cheapie test sounds promising. I'm finding it hard to get 'concentrated' samples to test from- I don't want to hold for long and risk a uti and I won't sacrifice on fluid intake either. Hopefully in a few days we will both have lines that are indisputably stronger than the control :) oh and I shared the news with DH yesterday ....emotional next few weeks so I wish you strength and plenty of support. Regarding your lines- I've never had a bfp before 13dpo and even then the lines are faint, have you considered that some swimmers from you 14-day ago bd'ing hung around and you 0'd a few days later (so that outs you at 11/12 ish dpo) I think that's plausible and would explain the faint lines. Fingers crossed you see lots of line progression in the next few days :)
@ayme371 I had a similar early loss in May, im so sorry you are experiencing this. The only difference was my temps dropped lots the day I started bleeding. But I googled a lot and clung on to hope that I'd be one of the cases where a woman has a major bleed in early pregnancy and then no further complications. Of course this wasn't the case, and emotionally it was torture, but it gave me good reason to stay in bed/put my feet up when I really needed to. I also naively believed this would be an easy journey- my DS was conceived first month off birth control. I absolutely don't take fertility for granted now. I'm sorry again that you are ging through this, take time to mourn those dashed (for now) hopes and dreams, and prepare yourself for the rainbow that's coming your way. Oh and have a great time at the beach :)

#237 ·
I guess I would be in the waiting to know. I've been having a few symptoms over the past week. I've done 3 tests since Saturday and all were BFN. Two of the tests were $ tree and one was first response. I guess I shouldn't bother with testing again and just wait to see if AF shows up on Friday. It's driving me crazy... I'm trying to stay calm and positive.

I know it's nothing concrete but Saturday night before bed I asked for a sign if I was pregnant or not. I had a dream that I had a BFP. Last night I didn't ask for a sign and I had a dream that again I got a BFP and this time I reacted to it and was super excited and telling everyone.

Well here's hoping. If not, there's always next month.....

#238 ·
@ayme371 I think pregnant or not, what I really need to do is relax and I'm having a hard time doing that right now. Have fun at the beach, do you live near the ocean? I'm fortunate enough to love about 20 minutes from the ocean. And I know what you mean about the shock of all this. I think it's something many women fear but most don't have to deal with. Sorry, I don't know anything about melatonin, hopefully someone will have good advice.
@apeydef the baby stopped growing at 8.5 weeks and I found out at 9.5 weeks, then had the D&C a few days later. I'm 7 weeks past the D&C today.
@CountryGirl916 I hope you get good news soon, the TWW is super hard for me too. I wish I was one of those people who could just wait and see but I'm not, I test like crazy lol.

I took another test today and it was pretty much negative. I mean, if I stand on my head and squint my eyes and hold the test out the window there's "maybe" a line, but nothing like yesterday's. I'm so confused. If I'm not pregnant, that's okay, I just want to get AF so I can move on. It's all this not knowing that's killing me. And if I'm not I want to get AF so I can start trying again. I just feel like I've been in limbo for the last 7 weeks and it's such a terrible feeling. I wish I could just relax!

#239 ·
Hi everyone,

AFM: I had a really rough day yesterday. I got really upset, emotional and let my anxiety take over. I need to really work hard to be kinder to myself. I also need to work on grieving my previous losses and stop living in the past and rather live in the here and now.
Today is a holiday so I think we might get to go to the museum (free admission) as a treat.

Hugs @Angelorum, glad to hear your son is sleeping better. I understand your concerns.

Hi @Melinda1980, sorry to hear about your depression. Hopefully your body will normalize soon. Hopefully you can get a real answer real soon dear. Hugs! Sorry to hear your in such a difficult place being in limbo.

Hi @ayme371, trust me, somedays are better than others. I had a really rough day yesterday. I am hopeful today will be a better day.
I get really anxious (I have an anxiety disorder, some days are better than others. Definitely getting enough vitamin D was stressed by the clinic so that might help you. Enjoy your trip to the beach.

Hugs @alittlemischief

Hi @apeydef

Hi @CountryGirl916, the waiting is the most challenging part dear.

#242 ·
@tinytina sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. It can be so hard to live in the present and take each day at a time, but it sounds like you're working on doing that! Hugs to you, hope you enjoy the holiday :Hug
@Melinda1980 sorry you've been feeling depressed in limbo for many weeks! hope you will get some answers soon :)

Fingers crossed for you @CountryGirl916!
@alittlemischief love your photo for DH!! Must have been such a sweet moment for you both.
@ayme371 sorry AF found you and hope you have a great time at the beach!
@Angelorum fingers crossed for you!
@discalceata so glad you had a good trip. It sounds absolutely wonderful, and fingers crossed for good news to come soon!

AFM still waiting to O, trying to perfect a homemade protein shake recipe (stalking due date clubs, it seems that protein is really helpful with early pg symptoms, and being a vegetarian, I know protein is something I can use more of anytime…), and enjoying the last few weeks before I start my PhD program. @tinytina I really hope you're right and the return of my busy lifestyle will be the perfect distraction from my obsession with all things TTC. You are also right -- very important to make time for DH, something I didn't do enough of the last 2yrs during my masters…

Hope everyone has a great week.

#244 ·
@FyerFly good luck with your PhD, very exciting!
@Angelorun I hope you enjoy the visit with your family and it's cramp free. I've not heard of that type of massage but it sounds interesting.

AFM I had some very light pink spotting today and now it's gone. Ive read a little about chemical pregnancy and I'm guessing maybe that explains my one day BFP. Soooo I guess back to waiting for AF. Again. Today is 7 weeks since the d&c.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.