Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By loba

#1 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
trying for a 4th...but struggling!!

ughh...i don't know what's going on, but i'm having a real hard time on my 4th. my first 3 were a BREEZE i tell ya. like literally happened instantly. i went to the doctor and he said everything looks fine...im normal weight, I'm not sick, no internal issues, etc...

what the heck could it be? what else can i try? theres no way i can afford doing it the other way....

so frustrating and sad

~ I am obsessed with car seat safety and advice on the best car seats!

Love you all!!
Kaitlyn R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-07-2014, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Howdy neighbor! How long have you been trying?

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 10 Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
How old are you and your husband?

Any lifestyle changes?
Is there anything you could do to make yourselves more healthy such as eating better, lowering stress and caffeine, exercising more etc.

How long have you been trying?

Did your doctor order any tests such as blood work that might show some imbalance?

Have you been tracking for ovulation etc?

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#4 of 10 Old 07-08-2014, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having the same trouble with #3 . We got pregnant right when we had decided to conceive the first two and now we have been trying 10 months and still nothing. I have talked to my doctor who said everything is great and just suggested I start taking folic acid once a day. We also researched that zinc and folic acid help boost sperm count (we just discovered this so have not tried yet) and I am planning on ordering some fertilitea from amazon. Best of luck to you!
#5 of 10 Old 07-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Same happened to me. #1 took 3 months of not-trying-not-avoiding. #2 happened the first month of trying. #3 was an oops. #4 ? 10 months of active trying, including several of temping and charting. No clue what the difference was. But #4 is nursing as I type this, so it did turn out ok in the end.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#6 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I had a longer road conceiving and maintaining pregnancy with this one. I think part of it was me being a few years older (it's just a different game in your 30's versus your 20's for some of us), part of it might have been related to some medications I was taking, and part of it was just luck of the draw. It ended up taking me a little over a year to achieve a sticky pregnancy, using OPKs and such, which I hadn't needed to previously. I was never a "pregnant on the first try" person, but it wasn't something I had to wait for very long. I understand how frustrating it can be.

For me, I was taking melatonin when I was first trying, which I later learned can interfere with fertility. I also often took ibuprofen, which, again, can interfere with implantation. I definitely recommend reflecting on all your meds, OTC and otherwise, and any other lifestyle differences from when you've become pregnant before.

Good luck to you and your partner.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#7 of 10 Old 07-11-2014, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
How far apart were your first three? A three to five year birth interval allows your body to replenish maternal stores between each birth. If the first three were close births, your body may be taking time to replenish so that it builds a healthy fetus.
#8 of 10 Old 07-20-2014, 10:48 AM

We had trouble conceiving #2 , after conceiving #1 on the first try. After 10 months of active trying for #2 , I went for acupuncture and conceived 3 days later! We had two more after that, and are now just about finishing month 3 of TTC #5 .
#9 of 10 Old 07-20-2014, 09:37 PM

I just wanted to say good luck!
#10 of 10 Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I wish you good luck too.
I'm in the same boat, and I might be the same age as you are.
My third is still breastfeeding and she is doing it a lot, so I think that might be (a part of) a reason.
pokeyac likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page