thanks so much for starting this thread! What a great idea!
Your goals are inspiring, here are mine:
1. Up my protein intake
- I'm vegetarian and tend far too often towards less healthy options (mostly carbs) like pasta and bread - so far, I've started eating nuts and seeds for breakfast, and eating more dishes with beans in them
2. Decrease the amount of processed food I eat
- this has been surprisingly easy, probably because it's summer and there are so many great fruits and veggies around!
3. Increase the amount of water I'm drinking
- this shouldn't be tough, DH likes to call me a "camel" because I drink so much water, but since starting using an OPK I'm faced every morning with evidence that seems to indicate I'm not hydrated enough…so more water for me!
4. Exercise more!
I've started a handwritten piece of paper titled "baby belly" to keep a log of my exercise activity in preparation for my baby belly. One thing that I'm finding fun is I'm keeping a google map of streets I've walked on in my town, and so every time I come in from a nice long walk, I add the route to my map. Exploring my town and exercising at the same time.
5. Find a good prenatal vitamin
I took some a few years ago when TTC that were like horse pills - very large and hard to swallow - am hoping to find another vegetarian option that's a bit more palatable this time.
6. Limit screen time
- I have a bad habit of spending too much time on my computer (work, research for school, Facebook, pinterest, MDC, etc…) - one thing I'm trying to do as an alternative is start a nature journal - just small hand sketches and note about the nature I find around me.
7. Create peaceful space around me
- have been working on several organization projects around the house, and each one that gets completed makes me feel a bit calmer and more centered. On the list: (1) paint our guest bathroom (which would be great to finish before pregnancy!) (2) hand-wash baby blankets from my childhood and organize them in the "hope chest" recently inherited from my grandmother (3) hang a few photographs and art pieces…and more to come
Thanks for this space, so nice to put these ideas out in the open.