Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Audreyttc24

#1 of 7 Old 07-11-2014, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ttc for over a year with no luck!!

Hey everyone! I'm new at this stuff so bear with me, DH and I have been ttc for over one year with no luck I have been on birthcontrol for 4 months to regulate my periods. I didn't have one for almost 4 years until I got back on birthcontrol. I do have PCOS. After not missing one single menstrual cycle for the past 4 months, this months cycle is a bit confusing.. The past 4 months have been normal periods, lasting from 4-6 days and light at first then heavy then light at the end, this months period which started on July 8, 2014,( 2days early) only lasted till today(July 11, 2014) it was so light that only a panty liner was needed. Nothing ever came out onto the panty liner. Only when I wiped. I am(I think) 15dpo, I ovulated on June 19-June-26. DH and I baby danced on the 24 & 25.. Unprotected. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests. One was a very very faint pos 2weeks ago(could've been a evaporation line) while the other 2 were bfn! I took one of the bfn a week ago and one today. I have been having pregnancy symptoms like swollen breasts back aches frequent urination(it wakes Me up in the middles of the night!!) bloating and just feeling fatter in general, and also lots and lots of fatigue. My question is have I tested too early today? (15dpo) and do I need to wait a few more days?? Sorry this is so long this has been a very hard disappointing year! Oh and btw I have missed a few pills last month and stopped taking the rest, hopefully I get a definite answer soon bc I don't know if I need to take the next pack of pills or not.. Thanks ladies! Baby dust to you!
pokeyac likes this.
#2 of 7 Old 07-11-2014, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Have you thought about vitex? That worked right away for us.
#3 of 7 Old 07-11-2014, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm sorry this has been so frustrating! Having PCOS definitely makes things trickier. It's normal to not have periods with PCOS. Was this the first month since you stopped taking the birth control pills? Have you been charting? Are you sure that you ovulated and when? You gave a week range for ovulation so it's a little confusing. Once an egg is released it's only viable for about 24 hours so if you ovulated on the 19th and BD'd on the 24th, that wouldn't work. Has your doctor offered anything to help the PCOS besides birth control pills? A lot of women take metformin for PCOS.
If you are pregnant, sometimes it can take some time to get a bfp. It may be a matter of waiting a day or two. Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#4 of 7 Old 07-12-2014, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm confused - it sounds like you are saying you've been on birth control pills for the past four months while trying to conceive. I must be misunderstanding.
#5 of 7 Old 07-12-2014, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola P View Post
Have you thought about vitex? That worked right away for us.
I've never heard of that, I'll ask my doctor! Thank you!!
#6 of 7 Old 07-12-2014, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurucha View Post
I'm confused - it sounds like you are saying you've been on birth control pills for the past four months while trying to conceive. I must be misunderstanding.

We've been ttc for one year.. I got on birthcontrol to have a period since I didn't have one for 4years. Then after 4months of ovulating and periods I figured I was back to some kind of normal. I never wanted to be on birthcontrol. Since to me it seemed kinda counter productive for us. But my doctor said that birthcontrol may help get me back to normal so eventually I could get pregnant. Sorry if my post confused you
#7 of 7 Old 07-12-2014, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyac View Post
I'm sorry this has been so frustrating! Having PCOS definitely makes things trickier. It's normal to not have periods with PCOS. Was this the first month since you stopped taking the birth control pills? Have you been charting? Are you sure that you ovulated and when? You gave a week range for ovulation so it's a little confusing. Once an egg is released it's only viable for about 24 hours so if you ovulated on the 19th and BD'd on the 24th, that wouldn't work. Has your doctor offered anything to help the PCOS besides birth control pills? A lot of women take metformin for PCOS.
If you are pregnant, sometimes it can take some time to get a bfp. It may be a matter of waiting a day or two. Good luck!

I've just started charting. Still kind of figuring it out. And the week of ovulation was an estimate. Sometime during that week I know I ovulated. Since I haven't had to deal w ovulation or periods for a while I'm just now getting back into the swing of things and yes ma'am PCOS is extremely frustrating!! And my dr said for us to start out on birthcontrol to see if that would be sufficient enough to wake my body back up. At one point my dr was afraid I was going thru early menopause. Which really scared me. So I'm not really sure if I should start my next pack of pills soon if I am not pregnant. I'm taking a test in the morning. Also I have heard of those pills. I am meaning to talk to my dr about those pills or something like it whenever we go back. Thank you for the advice

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page