The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Buck Moon - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last
Trying To Conceive > The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Buck Moon
LittleKind's Avatar LittleKind 10:18 AM 07-31-2014
Hi, may I join? I just had my IUD removed after wearing it a year to help me mentally heal from a bunch of early losses in a row. I have a son who is almost 4. My husband and I want to totally put TTC on the back burner - no pregnancy tests, no charting, nothing. In some ways we are envious of people in the past who couldn't find out SO SOON with POAS and ultrasound that they're pregnant. If not for that, we probably wouldn't have even known about all the miscarriages and would have suffered less grief. I am going to actively try not to count days of my cycle, symptom spot, POAS or anything. I have a healthy lifestyle and no genetic factors or anything to prevent carrying a baby (and I have had one before!). It is new and difficult for me to focus on just being receptive and open to carrying a child and not try to force it or control it. So far so good.

Nice to meet you all.

PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 10:39 AM 07-31-2014
@LittleKind -- Welcome! Sounds like you're in the right place. Different people analyze and test at different points here, but overall everyone just tries not to obsess, and tries to keep the rest of life in mind when TTC seems to be taking over. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I had an IUD put in after my last miscarriage; I needed a break from the possibility of pregnancy for a little while, too. I hope you get what you desire soon, and without any needless stressing.

AFM -- I saw my midwife today. She did a cervical check. I am zero, zilch, nothing, nada. Baby is high and unengaged, cervix is long and closed. She stimulated the cervix, but couldn't even do a membrane sweep (which was fine with me; the studies I've read don't seem to support their effectiveness). I'm not overly concerned about my lack of progress, since I've never been dilated prior to labor starting with my other kids (with the exception of DD and my PROM, and I would rather not repeat that anyhow). All that said, I am feeling a bit down now. Just restless, I guess. I had been focusing on getting to this appointment, and it was rather anti-climatic. I think boredom is just taking a toll. We talked about scheduling my induction, which isn't required, but is offered between 41 and 42 weeks. I'm having them schedule it for 41 weeks, but am optimistic that we won't need it. It's hard to be too patient because DH is starting school again right when I would be 42 weeks, and I will be on my own at that point much of the time. We don't have any family down here, and my friends aren't baby-type friends. I would really like two weeks with him home so I can at least physically recover before I have 12+ hour days at home alone. At any rate, I'll be fine either way. My first husband never had more than a week off when our babies were born. I'm just spoiled now because my new DH is so much better with babies.

Mares? MamaBlue? How are you guys holding up? Any news?

Chuord -- is your retrieval tomorrow?

Oxford -- Hi!!
mareseatoats's Avatar mareseatoats 12:20 PM 07-31-2014
If any of the babies are born today they will share Harry Potter's birthday!

I called my midwife office yesterday to ask if I could come in today and have a membrane sweep, as my dad will be leaving in just a few days at this point. From what I've read membrane sweeps can be helpful in my situation - soft, forward (aka "ripe") cervix) with minimal dilation and slightly bulging waters. Anyway, it frustrates me because the midwives don't have a secretary or anything, and you can't text them, you just have to wait for them to call you back. And seeing as this is a timely issue I was expecting to hear back by the evening, or at least this morning. But, no. I'm feeling embarrassed now because I just called and left a borderline rude message. Or possibly just rude! But honestly, even if she doesn't want me to come in (for something they have already offered me) I really think they should at least check in. I'm almost a week overdue now and I think they should get back to you in 24 hours, no matter how silly.

Frustrated! No zen for me today.
PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 01:57 PM 07-31-2014
I don't blame you for being frustrated, Mares! What if you were in labor, wouldn't she have to call you back then?
chuord's Avatar chuord 03:56 PM 07-31-2014
Primal that's a really good point - hopefully she got your message mares... Maybe she's busy with a tricky one?
Ladies you now need to un zen your babies just a little - this is getting ridiculous, I thought first babies were more likely to go over than 2nd or 3rd or more babies. Hugs and patience to you all...
Littlekind - welcome, it's a great place to just relax - feel free to share other stuff that's going on in your life like primal said
Afm - retrieval in 2.5 hrs, leaving in an hour for the hospital... I'm calm but a little nervous (way less than before) feeling too full and looking forward to getting my follicles emptied it's funny I know when pregnant you grow and change shape, but growing follicles is faster, and if I have 14 or so follicles at 20mm each that's a lot if extra space filled - in less than two weeks! Funny when you think if it like that...
I'll try and text later to let you know alls well and how many
PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 05:50 PM 07-31-2014
Chuord -- I'm thinking of you! I can believe that growing that many lovely eggies is uncomfortable. Pregnant bellies have a lot more time to grow, and they're not having to keep it inside the ovaries. I'm always uncomfortable when I'm ovulating (just one at a time!). Good luck and many happy eggs!
chuord's Avatar chuord 12:11 AM 08-01-2014
Thanks primal ❤️
I'm home, I'm safe and have had food - very important lol...
We got 14 eggs, I'm really happy with that will find out tomorrow on fertilization. It feels good to have that pressure removed despite being a little sore.
oxford's Avatar oxford 01:50 AM 08-01-2014
Congratulations chuord, 14 is great. I have my fingers crossed for a good fertilisation. Relax and enjoy your recovery now to get your body in good shape for transfer. So pleased it went smoothly.

Little kind- welcome. I like your approach to getting pregnant. With one child already, it should be straight forward whilst you enjoy the peace :-)

Ladies- come on!!! After taking so long for those babies to get there, they really don't want to leave!! I'm so excited for you. Hope your wait is peaceful and labour is smooth. Who will be first????

Afm, not much to report. I'm on holiday, taking two weeks off work to relax before starting my next IVF treatment. The hospital is busy at present so please cross your fingers that when I call in a week once AF arrived, they will be able to fit me in for this cycle. I have my meds all ready to go!

Take it easy xx
mamaBlue's Avatar mamaBlue 11:49 AM 08-01-2014
Forgive my current lack of personals. I'm running on nearly zero sleep.

Baby boy was born at home last night. 9 pounds. 15.5" head. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough. A pound bigger than my next largest baby. But it was the head that was brutal. Ow. I'm still processing. Happy it's over. My son is awesome.
mareseatoats's Avatar mareseatoats 02:12 PM 08-01-2014
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. Hope you are getting plenty of rest and snuggles. That is a very, very big head. Great job, mama.
PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 02:43 PM 08-01-2014
Yay again here!!!! So happy your little guy has arrived safely! Glad you were able to stay home, too, even with such an impressive head. What a blessed conclusion to such a long journey.
chuord's Avatar chuord 03:09 PM 08-01-2014
Mamablue - congrats!!!! I had a feeling that's why we hadn't heard from you... Omg re size!!! You are one zen mama to pull that off at home! Fx for a good nap for you - can't wait to see him... I'm glad he's as perfect as you imagined xxx
Oxford - fingers are crossed for you!!! Can you ring them up and advise you'll be starting AF within a date range? This my dear is going to work for you, we need a few frosties for next time too
Mares - primal - keep up the patience you wonderful ladies... I'd be telling dh to get it out by now I'm sure... Fx it's all very close!
kittymoon's Avatar kittymoon 03:23 PM 08-01-2014
Hope it's alright that I post in here. My fiance and I have started entertaining the idea of another addition to the clan. We have a beautiful eight month old daughter named Daisy, born 11/12/13. She loves the boobies quite a bit, so I still haven't gotten a cycle back yet... so I doubt it will happen any time soon (but I can hope..! lol). We tried all the charting and temping to get pregnant with Daisy, but none of it worked. I guess I was too worked up and it was affecting things. We gave up trying for a bit to focus on other aspects of our lives and bam! There she was. Bright pink second line :P. So that's the route we're going to take with this TTC journey... this thread seems up my alley lol.

Hello!
kittymoon's Avatar kittymoon 03:24 PM 08-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post
Forgive my current lack of personals. I'm running on nearly zero sleep.

Baby boy was born at home last night. 9 pounds. 15.5" head. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough. A pound bigger than my next largest baby. But it was the head that was brutal. Ow. I'm still processing. Happy it's over. My son is awesome.
Congrats! Also, that's a whopper of a head . Lol. My daughter's 14 inch head was brutal! You go, mama!
chuord's Avatar chuord 05:36 PM 08-01-2014
Welcome kitty moon!

Afm - 12/14 fertilized, happy so far!
PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 06:41 PM 08-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Welcome kitty moon!

Afm - 12/14 fertilized, happy so far!
Awesome!!!!! Go embies go!
PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 06:44 PM 08-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymoon View Post
Hope it's alright that I post in here. My fiance and I have started entertaining the idea of another addition to the clan. We have a beautiful eight month old daughter named Daisy, born 11/12/13. She loves the boobies quite a bit, so I still haven't gotten a cycle back yet... so I doubt it will happen any time soon (but I can hope..! lol). We tried all the charting and temping to get pregnant with Daisy, but none of it worked. I guess I was too worked up and it was affecting things. We gave up trying for a bit to focus on other aspects of our lives and bam! There she was. Bright pink second line :P. So that's the route we're going to take with this TTC journey... this thread seems up my alley lol.

Hello!
Welcome! I hope you get another no-worries conception. I conceived my earlier babies without paying much attention, but had to work at it a bit harder with this one. In any case, I look forward to getting to know you better. :-)
LittleKind's Avatar LittleKind 06:52 PM 08-01-2014
mamablue - congratulations!!
chuord that sounds very promising.
Welcome kittymoon, I just joined, too.
oxford's Avatar oxford 03:30 PM 08-02-2014
Mamablue, congratulations! Enjoy your beautiful baby boy. Make sure you take some time to recover from such a tough birth, and well done!!

Chuord- great fertilisation girl. Relax now before transfer.

Welcome kittymoon.

Any news other pregnant ladies???

Afm, not too bothered about embryos to freeze, I want a baby as soon as possible and that is my focus. One is better than none!! I'm hopeful that icsi might be the key.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Mamablue, congrat again. What do your other children think to their new brother??
chuord's Avatar chuord 04:29 PM 08-02-2014
Oxford - your attitude is great, if you don't mind I'm still going to hope for a few frosties for you - so you have backups I really want you to have that takehome baby too!
Afm - omg, I don't know what is different this time - maybe my body is more balanced? The progesterone is knocking me around, it's making me so nauseous and teary that it's hard to function... I'm going to chat to him and see if I can at least reduce (8 x tablets and 4 x crinone a day is the schedule)
PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 05:05 PM 08-02-2014
Still pregnant! It's Mares' turn next, so I'm waiting for my turn. ;-) My midwife recommended putting some evening primrose capsules in my vagina to encourage my cervix to ripen, and we picked some up today. This is more to encourage a favorable cervix if we do make it all the way to our induction date rather than to actually start labor at this point. I'm all for favorable cervix, so I'll give it a shot.

Chuord -- I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky! I've heard so many rough stories about progesterone from ladies here. I'm sorry it's so awful this time!

Oxford -- I will hope for your healthy, destined, sticky baby this time, and some bonus frosties just because. This cycle is going to be so exciting!
chuord's Avatar chuord 06:57 PM 08-02-2014
Thanks primal! I talked to my natural 'guru' she told me to keep the cream and stop the tablets - so I'm going with that... She muscle tests me and the baby personally, like you I'm happy to go with the mix of orthodox and natural... The cervix tip sounds like a great idea! I have to do have to say your vibe and energy right now is so beautiful, I feel like I'm getting a boost every time you post! Loving it!
Eggs update - all are continuing, 2 are less quality, the rest are right on track
mareseatoats's Avatar mareseatoats 11:33 PM 08-02-2014
Yay, Chourd! This is so exciting. I really can't wait to see what this cycle brings for you.
Oxford, good to hear from you, too!

Welcome Littlekind and Kittymoon Hope your TTC journey is short and peaceful.

AFM - No baby. Not even a little bit. Going in for another membrane sweep tomorrow morning. My dad was able to take Monday and Tuesday off (after already taking two weeks off! I'm very lucky) so hopefully the baby will make an appearance. If not at the end of the week the midwife will break my water. I'd like to avoid that, but I do prefer it to a hospital induction, so we'll see. It is weird to think, one way or the other, I'll have a baby by next weekend. Very weird! Honestly I kind of feel like pregnancy is a perpetual state for me now.
LittleKind's Avatar LittleKind 03:47 PM 08-03-2014
You guys, I have had hives since wednesday! I never have had hives before. I went in to the doc today because I have a slight fever and nausea too - I wondered if I somehow got an infection when they took out my IUD on Tuesday. She said she has no way to easily check for infection (really?!) and to just take antihistamines at home and if I'm not better by Wednesday she thinks I should take steroids. I haven't eaten new foods, changed soaps or anything, so she says it might be stress.

Stress hives right after removing my iud? Maybe I am not as zen as I thought?!
PrimalJoy's Avatar PrimalJoy 05:16 PM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKind View Post
You guys, I have had hives since wednesday! I never have had hives before. I went in to the doc today because I have a slight fever and nausea too - I wondered if I somehow got an infection when they took out my IUD on Tuesday. She said she has no way to easily check for infection (really?!) and to just take antihistamines at home and if I'm not better by Wednesday she thinks I should take steroids. I haven't eaten new foods, changed soaps or anything, so she says it might be stress.

Stress hives right after removing my iud? Maybe I am not as zen as I thought?!
It could be stress! Maybe hormonal rebalancing (if you had a hormonal IUD in)? It's not likely it's infection; that would show up as low belly/pelvic pain, and possibly fever and flu-type symptoms.
LittleKind's Avatar LittleKind 05:22 PM 08-03-2014
Thanks Primal!! That puts me at ease. It wasn't a hormone iud but we have a lot of changes in our house so stress is actually the likely cause. She did say if I get a higher fever (it's running 99.4 now) to come back in.
chuord's Avatar chuord 06:03 PM 08-03-2014
Hugs little kind! Just remember to breath... Have you worked out a way to relieve your stress?

Mares - fx it all happens before next weekend!

Afm - all good they are continuing to grow....
mamaBlue's Avatar mamaBlue 06:14 PM 08-03-2014
Chourd - Your updates are encouraging! Woooohoooo!
mareseatoats's Avatar mareseatoats 10:01 PM 08-03-2014
(X-posted to my DDC)

So, I'm still pregnant AND just got my Strep B test back, and it's positive. My 37 week one was negative. Never had a positive one before. I just have been crying. It isn't like me, but I feel like I've just lost all faith in my body. I have to go in for a ultrasound to check fluid levels, and a NST tomorrow. This (being overdue and GBS+) is so different than my other pregnancies and I just feel terrible and hopeless, even though my midwives have been great and made a plan of action with me. Just not having a good evening. I feel so defeated right now.

Oh, and I got hives when I was little and took something in the penicillin family, so I may end up with hives postpartum (because penicillin is still recommended in that case).
MindlessChrissy's Avatar MindlessChrissy 09:14 AM 08-04-2014
Huge hugs mares!

Congrats mamablue! When do we get to see him?

Welcome littlekind and kittymoon.

primal, oxford, and chuord!!
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up