Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

#1 of 74 Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nursing Mamas TTC July,August,September

Nursing Mamas TTC

Please put all updates in bold. Please let me know if you'd like your chart linked in the first post.

Waiting to O
motherofthewolf
lovelylittle
tenzinsmama
lizKsc
chicajones
sarahl918

Waiting to Know - 2WW
TPerkins
wassernixe
SoCaliMommy
SplashingPuddle

Waiting to Catch the First Postpartum Egg
.srayplayas
meeba
kittymoon
typebug

Waiting to be Ready
Chloe'sMama
wassernixe

Playing it Cool
hyde
Veritas Vitae

Recent BFPs
August-wombjuice,Pennywhistle
July-Warriorcandy,HappyMama2013,
June - Potpie, iixivboots, luckiest
May - Writermama12
April - girlspn, apeydef, lmevans, .texasfarmom
March - Harmony96, 3lilchunklins
November - stretch358, wengrin, ericaf, piratemere
October - jenandadee, berrypavlova
September - sierramtngirl
August - Sunshinemama8, tantylynn, fishywishy, RosieL, tomtemama
July - tolovemercy
June - Sukhada, jaxz, Momma Michael, Earthmoma

In Our Thoughts
piratemere
luckiest

MIA
(People in this list haven't posted in a while. Stop by and give us an update if you can. )
alexisfaye
alisondarling
AndtheStars
ChristinaMac
CrystalR
element2012
emom47
hughkona
InLove2009
kgpplus3
ladyelms
leavesofgrass
lockhart36
Mama2ChicknLil
mamaBlue
newgirlintown
overanalyzer1
SierraBella
tanyato
TheCrunchyBrit
vivica2
.dishescanwait
.kateaton
.LoveNFaith522
.mareseatoats
.marmo
.missmagoo

Baby dust to everyone!

Last edited by SoCaliMommy; 09-08-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 74 Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

@Chloe'sMama ~ It's probably just hormones, maybe your body is gearing up to ovulate.
#3 of 74 Old 07-29-2014, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies, I'd like to join you all here on this thread. I'm on my 3rd pp cycle. I had an extremely short luteal phase (4 days), which I know is because of nursing my babe. My bloodwork from a couple of days ago show that my prolactin levels are a little high, not suprisingly. The last cycle, I did detect a surge when I used my opks. I've got to figure out if there is anything I can do besides cut down more on nursing, which I don't want to rush because my babe is slow with the solids. Oh well, we'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to being on this journey with all of you!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#4 of 74 Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

tenzinsmama~ Where do you want me to put you on the list ? I personally wouldn't cut down nursing and give your body a chance to regulate itself. With my youngest after getting af back i had a cycle with a pretty short lp but the next cycle was normal and he was still waking to nurse at night.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#5 of 74 Old 07-30-2014, 05:55 PM

Right now I'm "Waiting to O". I am letting my baby lead the way with the nursing, but some things will have to change-- I'll have to pump for the days when I have classes beginning in September. And really, I'd like her to sleep a little more through the night, but we co-sleep and I don't think she will want to give up the all-night diner. I would love longer periods of sleep so I am prepared for all my school work that lies ahead. Well, at least I'm cycling. You give me hope when you share that you experience a lengthening of your luteal phase in a pretty short time period. I think I remember you from other threads... Looking forward to getting caught up on everyone here, and seeing where we are at in our journeys1

#6 of 74 Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

I'm currently in the TWW.

I'm at 9dpo with no symptoms. So I'm thinking I'm out for this month. Still holding out hope though.

I've been having spotting two days before my period and extended fertile mucous. So I think nursing is making my progesterone very low.

DS is still nursing 4 times a day at least. I will try and reduce his nursing sessions but he is very attached still.
#7 of 74 Old 08-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello,

I am in the two week wait, and I am nursing two - my 14 month old and a preschooler. I have recently decided to have a nursing party for my 4 year old because its time. She has not shown any desire to wean until I announced the party and now she says that she wishes she could stop nursing today! I think she might be a unhappy after the party is over and nursing is actually ended. I have no intention of weaning the youngest any time soon, but I have wondered about the effects of nursing two on having another. I have never ever returned to normal periods.
#8 of 74 Old 08-01-2014, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

wassernixe~Have you been having normal luteal phase lengths ? Having short ones ie 10 and under is a sign of low progesterone.

SplashingPuddle~ Hope the weaning goes smoothly with your 4yr old. My middle child self weaned at 4yrs 3months old.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#9 of 74 Old 08-03-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
wassernixe~Have you been having normal luteal phase lengths ? Having short ones ie 10 and under is a sign of low progesterone.
My LP is 13 days, but I spot the last two days of it before my period starts. I've been reading up on it and it seems I have symptoms more like estrogen dominance.

I'm also not ovulating until CD 25 or 26.

I got another BFN today at 12 dpo. So I'm pretty positive I'm out.

Once I get my period, I'm going to take a break from TTC. For just one cycle, I'm just going to concentrate on losing weight and gently weaning DS. And with my cycles so long that gives me 9 weeks. I'm hoping my body will have regulated some by then.

Splashingpuddle - good luck with weaning and the tww!
#10 of 74 Old 08-04-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I hope it's alright that I post here lol. We've been talking about adding to our clan recently... but I haven't gotten a cycle back yet. Anyone have any suggestions about bringing fertility back while breastfeeding? I took Vitex to regulate my cycles before getting pregnant, but I was unsure about using it with breastfeeding...

#11 of 74 Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi all! Joining from the previous thread. I'm waiting to O. LO is almost 18 months old and nursing. I've had two PP cycles though the last was 60ish days. Eek! Makes me nervous because when TTC my daughter my cycles were super long and we had to so fertility treatments as a result. I'm doing weekly acupuncture as of three weeks ago and taking TCM herbs so I hope that helps.
#12 of 74 Old 08-05-2014, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome kittymoon and Welcome Back lovelylittle

kittymoon ~ I'm not sure on the effects of vitex while nursing. I always just waited for it to return. After my first was born i got af back at 12/13months pp.

lovelylittle~ Hope you end up not needing to use fertility treatments this time around.

wassernixe~ Hope the weaning goes smoothly and it helps things out with the long cycles.

Ugh I ended up with a 27 day cycle, last month it was 25, 28,27,26,24,30,32,27,31,33,31 I haven't been night nursing my toddler in a while and not much durring the day lately but the short cycles are annoying. Guess i should actually start temping again

#13 of 74 Old 08-10-2014, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymoon View Post
I hope it's alright that I post here lol. We've been talking about adding to our clan recently... but I haven't gotten a cycle back yet. Anyone have any suggestions about bringing fertility back while breastfeeding? I took Vitex to regulate my cycles before getting pregnant, but I was unsure about using it with breastfeeding...
In my personal reaearch, it sems to be safe...there were some reports of supply dipping, but my supply has remained steady. I did notice a temporary period of being more emotional.
#14 of 74 Old 08-10-2014, 11:06 AM

Has anyone read: Taking Charge of your Fertility? I am wondering if the information was helpful or not for a person who is reasonably well-informed on TTC? I am willing to try anything, but don't want to spend the time and money if the book is basic. TIA. On a side note, I thought I was having cramps for my first PPAF, but it was a stomach virus! My husband has been out-of-town anyways
#15 of 74 Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

meeba~ I've read it. I'd honestly say don't waste your money. Most of what it talks about you can find out online for free. It seemed more for someone who doesn't know what is going on at all about ttc.
#16 of 74 Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 PM

Ok! I'm back in the game. Waiting to Catch the First Postpartum Egg

I'm not charting, just noting on my phone app every so often if I see a change in CM. No EWCM and no sign of AF yet. DS is 17 months this week and still nursing 1-2 times at night and a few times in the day. I usually have a 6 hour gap each day of not nursing and have at least 6 hour gaps at night of not nursing so I thought for sure we'd see some sign... Anyway, I'm feeling healthy, not anxious to get pregnant but my mind and body now are totally open to that happening any time now. Excited to finally see a sign whenever that is.

#17 of 74 Old 08-13-2014, 07:21 PM

Waiting for O

Hey I'm new to the group, but I'm almost 15 months pp and TTC starting in September. I still nurse DD, but typically only once per day in the middle of the night. This past month, she was sick and also teething, so we had a few weeks where she went back to nursing several times a day after being all but weaned (that middle of the night feed). I think the increase in nursing has been messing with my hormones. I got my period back at just over 12 months pp in June, but I'm pretty sure that the first cycle was anovulatory. I began charting last cycle, and I o'd on cc17-18, and my cycle only lasted until day26 (a 8-9 day LP). This month I started taking Vitex, and I had an LH surge on CD20, but no temp rise and so far I'm at CD23. I'm still waiting to O/hoping for O this cycle, and poor DH is going crazy waiting since we don't want to conceive until next month or later. Is there anything else that anyone has done to ensure O besides Clomid?
#18 of 74 Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Hi, I'm new to the group. Have been trying for baby #2 for a year now, 1 loss in February at 6 weeks. Have been using the O sticks for 3 months but no success. Started clomid for this cycle and have a prescription for prometrium which the Dr says to start using when I have a pregnancy confirmation but a friend says her Dr told her to start the day after O. Does anyone have experience with this?
#19 of 74 Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 PM

Hi ladies... Not much new here, just approaching my third cycle. Waiting to O. Using ovulation tests, no surge yet but EWCM is here. It seems to take forever-- I don't remember it taking this long with my other post partum cycles after my other pregnancies. Grrrrr!

#20 of 74 Old 08-19-2014, 07:13 PM

Tww!

Hi everyone! I haven't been on the mothering forums in probably close to two years! My daughter is 2.5 yo and still nursing day and night. This is our first month TTC since she was born. I ovulated on August 11th (CD 18) so I'm currently in my TWW on CD 26! Impatiently took a pregnancy test today, 8 DPO knowing good and well that it would be negative and of course it was, lol. I do feel pregnant...I've been completely exhausted these past two days with no good reason to be. That's really my only possible symptom, though, so who knows. Nice to "meet" you all!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#21 of 74 Old 08-20-2014, 01:30 PM

Triclock, sorry, no experience with prometrium during a cycle. I did use it after my bfp was confirmed though.

Hi Wombjuice! How do you confirm ovulation? I'm just using the sticks, and they recommend having sex over the next 48 hours but I'm not taking temp so I am not able to pinpoint it more.

#22 of 74 Old 08-20-2014, 02:48 PM

Tested with a First Response test today and got a POSITIVE!!! WHOOOHOOOO!! That's one sensitive test! I'm only 9 days past ovulation!! So happy.
tenzinsmama likes this.

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#23 of 74 Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello! It's been quite a while since I've been on the MDC boards (I was part of the Infertility One thread for long time before getting pregnant with my son). I'm 20 months PP, no cycle yet. We are just starting TTC again, although I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, so no idea how tricky it will be to get my cycle back. I just started taking Metformin again last week -- that's what worked for us with DS (it took three months to get a regular cycle and then two more to get a BFP). I still nurse about 4 or 5 times in the day but we've been night weaned for almost a month now.

Looking forward to sharing with other nursing mamas who are TTC!

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#24 of 74 Old 08-21-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombjuice View Post
Tested with a First Response test today and got a POSITIVE!!! WHOOOHOOOO!! That's one sensitive test! I'm only 9 days past ovulation!! So happy.
Congratulations on the BFP!
#25 of 74 Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM

Yes, Wombjuice, congrats!!!!!

Hi Chicajones! I remember you from other thread(s). Hope your stay on the thread isn't too long and you get a bfp before you know it!

#26 of 74 Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

Congrats!!!!!wombjuice

triclock~ Welcome to the group. Where did you want me to put you on the list ?

#27 of 74 Old 08-24-2014, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks, tenzinsmama! It's a bit crazy to think how long it's been since i've been on these threads, but they were such a lifeline while we were TTC.

Wombjuice, congrats!!! So very exciting.

So I don't know if it was good luck joining this thread or what, but I got my period yesterday!!! Could also have been the Metformin I started taking again, but who knows. Very excited for my cycle to be back, although ugh, after two years without a period, I can't say I am happy for the aches and pains and genera ickyness that comes with it.
wombjuice and tenzinsmama like this.
#28 of 74 Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Going to the midwife tomorrow for a check-up...25 months without a period. I feel like I have been gearing up to O for a few months, but no luck. I hoped that eliminating soy and taking Vitex while being down to 2 nursing sessions with no pumping at work (I work part-time) would have done the trick. I took progesterone and Clomid when I became pregnant with my son.
#29 of 74 Old 08-26-2014, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi all, sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Congrats, Wombjuice, on your BFP! I too just got a BFP on Sunday, only 8dpo! I didn't really expect to get a result, but tried anyway...tested again yesterday (9dpo) and the line's getting darker... Sending you all good, fertile thoughts!

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12, and baby #2 due 05/07/15.
#30 of 74 Old 08-26-2014, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats pennywhistle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page