Hot Tubs and Sperm - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#1 of 3 Old 08-05-2014, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Question Hot Tubs and Sperm

So, it's not definite yet, but my husband and I have been talking about TTC another baby for quite a while, and way back when we started discussing it, we said that if we did TTC, we would probably start trying this month.

Well, we are going on vacation this month at a location that has a hot tub, and I know my husband will want to use it, since we almost never have the opportunity to use one. But I am concerned that the heat might affect the quality of his sperm.

Any advice? I don't want to nag him or "forbid" him to use the hot tub, but I also don't want him to take a chance of damaging his fertility.

Happily married for 9 years. 8 year old son, 6 year old daughter, 4 year old daughter, and Baby coming mid-to-late July 2015!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-05-2014, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
A hot tub would have a temporary affect on his fertility at most. I wouldn't worry about it. Check in with him about his feelings about TTC this month, and consider how it affects your vacation. If it makes the trip sexier and more fun, go ahead. If not, wait till you're back home.
#3 of 3 Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I asked him about it (which is what I should have done in the first place instead of worrying about it so much!). He said that he really doesn't care one way or the other about going in the hot tub, and that they actually usually make his back feel worse rather than better (he has some chronic back pain), so he's totally fine with not going in if I have any concerns at all.

Yay! :-)

Happily married for 9 years. 8 year old son, 6 year old daughter, 4 year old daughter, and Baby coming mid-to-late July 2015!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page