Question about Wondfo OPKs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question about Wondfo OPKs

Do these work? I bought them because they were cheap. This is my 1st month using them, and all I've seen is 1 line (or a hint of a 2nd) and I'm on CD 14 (usual length 28).

Also, do you see any issues with using the empty packaging as the pee cup? Other than peeing all over my hand

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-06-2014, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Many many women use these and I would assume that they do work. I have used them in the past and they seemed to work. My problem is I think all OPK"s are a pain in the ass! I never seemed to get a second line that was as dark as or darker than.
I found it best to test with second morning urine around 10 am and then 4 hours later to catch the surge. First morning urine isn't best for OPK's, but it is for pregnancy tests. Are you looking for other fertile signs? Cervical mucus and position can be great indicators and the OPK can just confirm. Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 9 Old 08-09-2014, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I did use Wondfo OPKs (successfully!) but echo the frustrations Pokey expressed. I too found them to work best later in the morning and afternoon. They give you a window of likely ovulation, not exact timing. So keep that in mind. I also found various brands gave slightly different reads, off by an entire day or two some months. It took me many cycles to successfully conceive. I was finally successful by charting my temps, checking cervical mucus and position and using OPKs. I found the temping most accurate and the OPK was helpful to confirm. I really resisted temping at first, it sounded really complicated, but I ultimately found it really empowering and it gave me lots more info. And as for the other question, I bought a bunch of tiny paper bathroom cups to use. I found that easiest to collect the pee and test with. Good luck!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#4 of 9 Old 08-11-2014, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the answers... this is my first cycle trying and first time charting and it's fascinating! I'm 39 yo, already have a 7 and 10 year old that were quick and easy to conceive back then, but I've definitely felt less fertile the last few years and time is not on my side.....

So I finally had a almost-as-dark-as line on Saturday afternoon (I'd say 95% there!), then fading since. FF says I o'd on Sunday. So maybe that was it!

Questions-- my CM has, for the last few years, been kind of a consistent lotion-y type; never dry feeling, never needing lubricant for sex, but the beautiful EWCM I had in my youth is few and far between (it used to be textbook perfect, right out of the Billings pamphlet). Can I still get PG? Does arousal fluid help?

Also, I've been looking at my saliva through my son's science microscope. I leave a 5mm "puddle" of 1st morning saliva from under my tongue, let it sit for 5ish minutes, then look. To call something "complete ferning" would the entire 5mm spot have ferns? If I found a few ferns along the edges on one part of the circle, is that negative or partial?

I'm just not sure if my varying results are normal or due to user error. I try to do it the same way each morning, but some mornings my spot seems to have a lot more "debris".

I've tried checking my cervix but I have very short fingers and can't quite get up there

I've been temping, but my waking times are so varied (shift work) that I'm not sure how well that will work. I've got a stretch of "normal" days coming up here so I'm going to try to check every day at the same time and see if I see a thermal shift.

Thanks for any wisdom!

Last edited by midwestmomma13; 08-11-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: adding details
#5 of 9 Old 08-12-2014, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For me, saliva ferning is dramatically obvious when I'm fertile, but, it varies lots woman-to-woman. You kind of have to do it DAILY for a while and figure out what is normal for YOU and see what patterns correspond to your otter fertility signs. I love the saliva scope, because it feels like such an easy confirmation of CM and OPKS.

Ftr, Babi brand OPKS work just fine also, and they're cheaper.
#6 of 9 Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Would you say just a few ferns on the outside of the "puddle" would be called partial or negative? I'm puzzled by the occasional fern on the edge. I'm (supposedly!) 2 DPO and when looking at 100x magnification I can find areas of ferns that fill 50% of my viewing window along the edge, whereas the center is filled with debris. So depending on where I look I could call it positive, partial or negative.

Guess that's a disadvantage to using a big miscoscope with slides--- too many places to look! I'm guessing the pocket scopes give you 1 area to look in and makes the choice easier.

Wish I could take a picture; tried but no luck

I have to say looking at things under the scope is fun! The DH's sperm is next; he's been forewarned
#7 of 9 Old 08-12-2014, 12:21 PM

I call that partial.
Having the tiny scope doesn't make it easier, lol. There's only a tiny area in focus, so you have to tilt it all around to see the whole thing.

We did DH's sperm too! It was awesome!
#8 of 9 Old 08-13-2014, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Well, today (supposedly 3 DPO) I couldn't find one fern in all the 6 little puddles I made! So now I know that negative can actually exist (I was wondering!). And my OPK did not have the faintest line, and I've had 2 high temps! So I think I really did O!

Is it possible to feel PG already 3 DPO? I felt a little bloated and nauseous today.... wishful thinking, eh? Could've been all the BBQ I pigged out on yesterday....
#9 of 9 Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 AM

Cool! It's so nice when all your signs line up and confirm everything!

I don't think it's possible to have pg symptoms 3 dpo. If you did catch the egg, it hasn't even implanted yet. For loads of pg symptom and implantation stories, peeonastick. Com is great!

Tags
opk , ovulation , Ttc , wondfo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page