Pregnant after Vasectomy !!?? Anyone !? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 10 Old 08-09-2014, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: California
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Pregnant after Vasectomy !!?? Anyone !?

Hey Ladies ...
I am new to the Forum and was wondering if there are any Ladies out there who have gotten pregnant after vasectomy?


I guess I should explain why I'm asking ...
My second son was born with thrombocytopenia in 2012. He was in the NICU for 2 weeks. When we took him home he was producing blood and was completely healed.
All the Doctors and Nurses we talked to about this basically told us that thrombocytopenia gets worst with every pregnancy and it would be risky to get pregnant again. The baby could get major brain bleeding and die and I could even have a miscarriage. I got the Mirena as soon as I could and we decided not that have anymore, we were blessed with 2 healthy boys after all. Anyways my Husband had a vasectomy done in April of this year and just has a 0 count this week and I had my Mirena removed. But a few weeks ago I found this amazing support group for mommies and daddies who had to go thru what we had to go thru or worst and found out that there are blood tests for mom&dad and treatment for the baby while you're pregnant that's 95% effective. So I got sad cause we basically shut that door. I think every women feels some kind of way when the Husband gets an vasectomy done. I don't really regret it cause we did it for the right reason but part of my wishes I would've known before. I believe that if God wants us to have another child it will happen but I know after vasectomy the chances are very low. My husband said they cut a piece of the tube out and burned it so I don't think they could reconnect. He's fine with what we're having cause we have 2 amazing Boys but deep down I really would like to have a Girl. Maybe not right now but maybe in a few years. I was reading a few stories but all of them were a few years back ...


Thanks for any answers ...
MomOf2BB is offline  
#2 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 07:13 AM
 
Melinda1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I dont have any personal experience with this, but wanted to say that Im sorry you are feeling so conflicted. I can definitely see why you would feel that way, thinking you were doing the right thing, then finding out that you might have had other options all along. I dont have advice but wanted to wish you good luck in the future.
Melinda1980 is offline  
#3 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 AM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The chances are very low. I used to work in andrology and it is definitely possible, but very improbable. However, you can get a vas reversal. I know there is an affordable doctor in OK who does it as mission work, of sorts. Good luck! I definitely feel you in your regret for the vas.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#4 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: California
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda1980 View Post
I dont have any personal experience with this, but wanted to say that Im sorry you are feeling so conflicted. I can definitely see why you would feel that way, thinking you were doing the right thing, then finding out that you might have had other options all along. I dont have advice but wanted to wish you good luck in the future.
Thanks so much !! that means a lot ...
MomOf2BB is offline  
#5 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: California
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
The chances are very low. I used to work in andrology and it is definitely possible, but very improbable. However, you can get a vas reversal. I know there is an affordable doctor in OK who does it as mission work, of sorts. Good luck! I definitely feel you in your regret for the vas.
Right now I don't feel like I can ask my husband to reverse it. I mean right now we're okay but I'm 25yo maybe in 5-7 years it would nice having a baby around again. Plus he's happy with our situation which makes it a bit difficult talking to him. We can usually talk about everything but with this I feel I can't. at least right now ...
do you know if the success for a reversal has better chances if you get it done early on or are the chances good if he gets it done in a few years !?
MomOf2BB is offline  
#6 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 PM
 
Mylie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I know a couple...they had 2 kids...a boy and a girl..
They said they were done...he got a vac...well 9 years later they changed their minds...they wanted 1 more...so he went in and got the reversal done..several months later she became pregnant!!! They were ecstatic...lol....nine months later baby boy was born healthy..they felt complete and done...they scheduled the vac to be done again when bb was 8 weeks old...he was 100% breastfed...the day he went in to to have the vac done bb was 10 weeks old...the urologist asked him if he was sure this time...he looked at him and said yes..the urologist said you might change your mind and want another to grow up with the new one...Dad looked at him and said famous last words...lol...it has already happened...my wife is pregnant again...Do the procedure...

Baby girl was born healthy about 3-4 weeks before baby boys 1st birthday lol

It is still a joke when people see their "twins" and little girl turns 9 in a few weeks and her "twin" brother turns 10 next month
Mylie is online now  
#7 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: California
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post
I know a couple...they had 2 kids...a boy and a girl..
They said they were done...he got a vac...well 9 years later they changed their minds...they wanted 1 more...so he went in and got the reversal done..several months later she became pregnant!!! They were ecstatic...lol....nine months later baby boy was born healthy..they felt complete and done...they scheduled the vac to be done again when bb was 8 weeks old...he was 100% breastfed...the day he went in to to have the vac done bb was 10 weeks old...the urologist asked him if he was sure this time...he looked at him and said yes..the urologist said you might change your mind and want another to grow up with the new one...Dad looked at him and said famous last words...lol...it has already happened...my wife is pregnant again...Do the procedure...

Baby girl was born healthy about 3-4 weeks before baby boys 1st birthday lol

It is still a joke when people see their "twins" and little girl turns 9 in a few weeks and her "twin" brother turns 10 next month
aaawww what a blessing !!!
MomOf2BB is offline  
#8 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 04:35 PM
 
Earthyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: portland
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great story
Earthyone is offline  
#9 of 10 Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 AM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2BB View Post
Right now I don't feel like I can ask my husband to reverse it. I mean right now we're okay but I'm 25yo maybe in 5-7 years it would nice having a baby around again. Plus he's happy with our situation which makes it a bit difficult talking to him. We can usually talk about everything but with this I feel I can't. at least right now ...
do you know if the success for a reversal has better chances if you get it done early on or are the chances good if he gets it done in a few years !?


http://www.harryfisch.com/Current-Ma...Vasectomy.html

http://www.vasweb.com/results_chart.html

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#10 of 10 Old 09-07-2014, 07:22 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
don't give up!

Hello,

I have to say that I believe anything is possible!!! You need to buy a microscope or get your husbands sperm checked again. Sometimes the vas can grow back on their own and if not their is always a reversal. I do have to say though that my boyfriend had one done 3 years ago and never went back to get checked. He assumed that it was done right and that was it. He wouldn't go get his sperm checked at a lab so I decided to check myself under a microscope and to my surprise there was sperm in it when in fact their shouldn't be any! I think that if it is meant to be than it will be! I would really like to have one more baby, but I am 35 now and I know the chances of me having kids becomes less as I age. Oh I also wanted to reply to what you had said about being sad after vasectomy! I was so upset that I became depressed! I cried because the thought of not having anymore children was sad to me even though I thought I was ready to stop having children. I think it has something to do with our biological clocks or something? I know how you feel about being scared because pregnancy can be extremely scary especially if you have had complicated pregnancies in the past.
Hailsmom is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off