Mentioned: 216 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~September 2014

~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~September 2014

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
September 2014

Posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in BOLD.

Waiting to O
jennsies
siuann
ayme371
AugustLia23
quantum
JerFenstmaker
CountryGirl916
blissful_maia
alicenwonderlan
radiowave
Anna1979
tinytina
Melinda1980
mamalovehm
JennyT
discalceata

Waiting to Know (2WW)
scjp1109
Firefly77
Yaliina
deserae
saharaviolet
franluvsbubba
Waiting4SJ
Charmedseed
chilee
wassernixe
alittlemischief
Wilhelmina
loba
SeattleRain
akmcg
Angelorum
perkier
skinnyloveBC
centerednova
browneyedgurl965
FyerFly

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
staceeyore01
lilybean t
waywornwanderer

Waiting to be Ready
Onellie
dancingmama0721
devilish
ericka29
mamadance84
Aloria
sleepingbeauty

Waiting to Hear From
Veritas Vitae
OneWithTwo
jsustanley
zen12345
rosie2727

2013/2014 GRADUATES~

Big congrats to you all!

August BFP's
AntoninBeGonin
clarwyn

July BFP's
MakeItSew
HappyMama2013

June BFP's
jenjy
alivewithyou
bren94
EdenAurora

April BFP's
t2009
dmariev
NSmomtobe
girlspn
apeydef
maof1
NaturallyMo
Kita4
angelasm1th
Li5i or LouisaG

March BFP's
Harmony96
marilyn612
badwolf092087
Truffula11

February BFP's
Oregonmoon
edubluv
WifeofAnt
katealici
Alivewithyou
jchole

January BFP's
mygreenestgrass
CrystalMarie
magrat
Diamhim
linnylou422
cagirlintexas

December BFP's
innacircle
Motivated Mama 2twins.gif
delightedbutterfly
kateaton
crunchymonkey

Below is a link to "The One Grad Club Thread" for all the Mamas who received their BFP!

http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-t...club-july.html

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle

Last edited by tinytina; Today at 05:03 AM.
#2 of 140 Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please make any changes in Bold! Thanks everyone! Does anyone have any updates so that I can keep our list more up to date?

Last edited by tinytina; 09-01-2014 at 07:30 AM.
#3 of 140 Old 09-01-2014, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Just hanging out right now everyone, trying not to over-think things. Got lots of cleaning done yesterday.

I actually really enjoy being threadkeeper @Melinda1980 . I try not to obsess or over-think/over-analysis but its hard. Sorry to hear about your test dear.

We live in a small apartment so I always worry when people come visit but it worked out well this time too @JennyT . Thanks dear.

Hugs @SeattleRain . We understand how difficult this whole process can be. Fingers crossed dear.

Thanks @blissful_maia .

Sorry to hear your little one isn't sleeping @Angelorum . Fingers crossed

Hi @FyerFly , thanks dear.

Hi everyone! Please update us on your status

#4 of 140 Old 09-01-2014, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Hi everyone,

Just hanging out right now everyone, trying not to over-think things. Got lots of cleaning done yesterday.

I actually really enjoy being threadkeeper @Melinda1980 . I try not to obsess or over-think/over-analysis but its hard. Sorry to hear about your test dear.

We live in a small apartment so I always worry when people come visit but it worked out well this time too @JennyT . Thanks dear.

Hugs @SeattleRain . We understand how difficult this whole process can be. Fingers crossed dear.

Thanks @blissful_maia .

Sorry to hear your little one isn't sleeping @Angelorum . Fingers crossed

Hi @FyerFly , thanks dear.

Hi everyone! Please update us on your status
Thanks for starting a new board.
Analyzing symptoms is driving me crazy!
Lots of cramping today...I don't even usually get pms cramps so hoping this is something good...they are very low on both sides and my low back is a bit achy. I'm a bit witchy too...a few days ago I had increased potty trips but that has subsided a bit. Occasional moments of nausea but they quickly pass (30-60 seconds)...but I never had nausea with my first two. Took some tests and got BFN. AF date is supposed to be 9/7...hoping she stays away!
#5 of 140 Old 09-01-2014, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
IVF/Waiting to O
On day one of my first IVF cycle. Starting stim meds on Thursday. Sooo nervous, but also excited.

Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#6 of 140 Old 09-01-2014, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@tinytina thanks for starting the new thread! @mamalovehm That all sounds promising! Im expecting AF on 9/7 also, I guess we're cycle buddies @radiowave very extincting about the IVF, I hope it all goes smoothly!

AFM another test today, another BFN. Unless I ovulated later than I thought (which is possible, since this is my first cycle since the MC) Im guessing this is not my month. Id be 11dpo today and Ive always had bfps by now. I did get a super light line a few days ago, but nothing since then.
#7 of 140 Old 09-01-2014, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread @tinytina - I'm excited for September! Feels like a fresh start.

@Melinda1980 sorry about your BFN. @radiowave excited for you! @mamalovehm hope she stays away!

AFM (like a few of us ) I'm wrapping up CD5 and really hoping to O this cycle. Timing-wise, September conception would be awesome for us, but I'm trying to strike a balance between hope and the reality that you just can't plan TTC like other things!!

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1
#8 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Still hanging out, trying to keep myself busy. Got lots of errands to run today. Class starts on Thursday.

Fingers crossed @mamalovehm

Hope the stim meds work and you have a good reaction to them @radiowave . Best of luck this cycle

No problem, your welcome on the new thread @Melinda1980 . Sorry to hear about your BFN. Fingers crossed hun

I am definitely hoping September is a fresh start. Fingers crossed you ovulate on time @FyerFly

#9 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please make any changes in Bold!

#10 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 05:26 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@FyerFly the fact that you cant plan it like other things is what I have the hardest time with. Im a huge planner so this drives me crazy lol! I hope you O on time and September is your month! @tinytina have a good ay

AFM my classes start today and Im trying to get an interview for a part time job to keep myself busy.
#11 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
This weekend was super busy for us. Saturday we helped my sister move in with us for the next 10 months. Saturday we spend organizing her room and our stuff that we are putting into storage as well as the stuff going to Goodwill. Sunday I went with her to return her ex's house keys and drop off a few things at the storage locker. The good thing is that I haven't had time to worry and symptom spot at all this weekend. This week should be fairly busy anyways with stuff we need to get done for another sister's wedding in October so I'm hoping the second half of my TWW goes by quickly so I don't spend all my time thinking about the fact that it was around this time last year that I got my first BFP which sadly ended in a MC 10 days later.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#12 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good luck with the stim meds @radiowave ! @tinytina - thanks for being threadkeeper @Melinda1980 - sorry about the BFN @Anna1979 - that's good that you were able to keep busy and avoid obsessing over symptoms, unlike me!

AFM, I was a bit sad to see my family go on Saturday, so I lazed around in my jammies all day. I was also fighting some kind of throat bug, and had been feeling nauseous, so I tested sunday but it was a BFN. Only half the control line appeared so I was holding some hope. It was also only CD 24. And I only saw EWCM on 18, but had ovarian pain on cd 13. In fact I still have a lot of CM (tmi?). Anyways I had a 'meet&greet' with a new gp today and I bolded asked for a test and it was also negative. I really just feel tired and kind of nauseous a lot of the time, but my pms symptoms really mimick pregnancy so it's hard to know. Given that my AF is usually around day 30, I still have some time to wait. We defo didn't DTD as much as I would have liked in the prime time of the cycle, so I wont be surprised if I keep getting BFPs.
I run a small business online so im really busy with that and my kids aren't back at school so we're pretty busy at home too!
#13 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hey all! It's been crazy-busy for me too, started my new job a couple weeks ago and we have a friend visiting for a month or so. Sorry I haven't been around. I have no idea what category I belong in, since this morning my temp was quite low and Fertility Friend took away my ovulation day entirely. I'm so frustrated. Three months on Clomid, I've gained over 10 lbs and I feel like hell, my periods are painful miserable experiences now, and now I'm not even ovulating? And I was before I took Clomid? What the hell is going on here?

I have an appointment with my doctor on the 15th but I'm pretty hacked off. I'm going to get a new doctor. This one doesn't want to do anything but throw ever-increasing amounts of Clomid at me (triple dose for two months). Grrr.
#14 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Every morning I wake up and forget to temp, I think I just hate it. I want to take a break from the work of getting pregnant, but I'm afraid that I'll go nuts if I don't do it. It's almost become superstitious. I think I'm going to start the OPK's today (11DPO) and just call it a day. No more temping, no more obsessing.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#15 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
@discalceata and @SeattleRain

I had a temp below the coverline this morning, after 3 days of lovely high ones. Not sure what to make of it, but it might have been because I was sleeping with my mouth open? My phone alarm goes off to remind me to temp, and lately the baby and I have been sleeping in for an hour or so after I temp. So when it went off this morning and stuck the thermometer in my mouth, I dozed off until the thermometer beeped, and realized I had my mouth hanging open. The temp was low, so I took it again making sure to keep my mouth shut, and it went up 1/10 of a degree. Still low. I just really hope I actually did O, after all the time I spent waiting for it to finally happen, I don't want to go back to waiting so soon!

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#16 of 140 Old 09-02-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread, @tinytina !

Things have been a bit chaotic because of family visiting over the Labor Day weekend, so there's not a whole lot to report. AF calmed down for me after that first rough day, at least.

@discalceata - your doc sounds like a real piece of work. Good luck with the new one!
@SeattleRain : hugs for you. I get what you mean about the work of getting pregnant - it is a lot.

Jen! (33) Married to David (34) 9 years, mom to . Missing our 2008 , now TTC #1!

- follow along!
#17 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Today is 5 days post ovulation. Still trucking a long. No real symptoms yet. Trying not to over-think or worry about it all.

Thanks @Melinda1980 , good luck with your classes and interview

Hi @Anna1979 , sounds like you have been very busy dear.

Hi and thanks @JennyT , sorry to hear you are so busy right now. It can be a let down when family leaves. I kinda feel that way for a day or two. Sorry to hear about your BFN.

So sorry to hear about your frustrations with your doctor, clomid, and no ovulation @discalceata . Congrats on the new job. Hope a new doctor helps dear.

I think stepping back is a great idea @SeattleRain - even a month or two.

Hi @Angelorum , hope the temps are accurate and you O'd

Hi @centerednova , glad AF calmed down. Hope things calm down now.

#18 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 08:08 AM

My temps were low yesterday almost at the cover line but went up this morning. Still not the highest I've had but not too bad. My post O temps have been a little all over the place this cycle and I'm not sure if its because the nights are starting to get cold around here and we've started closing the window at night and I've started sleeping with socks on which I usually only do in winter.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#19 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Thanks @tinytina for starting a new thread. I had a busy week and a half at work which kept me away from the computer for fun things. I'm waiting to know right now. I think I'm 4dpo right now although FF changed my O day to two days earlier this morning. I think it was an outlier temp though (took temp an hour earlier than usual), but either way we had the same amount of coverage (day before and after O) so I'm not too worried. I feel more like I'm 4dpo, though, so I'm going with that.

Everyone has been really busy!
@discalceata That sounds really frustrating! Will it be easy to switch to another doctor?
@SeattleRain OPKs plus relaxing sounds like a good policy! Wish it was all less stressful!
@JennyT There's still time! Fingers crossed!
@Anna1979 Hope living with your sister is fun! Is the wedding near where you live?
@radiowave Good luck! Exciting stuff!

Hi everyone else! Happy back to school to everyone that's starting classes again this term!
#20 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 01:38 PM

@perkier the wedding is about a 12 hour drive away. Normally we drive when we go to visit family but this time we're flying just to make it a little easier.

#21 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@discalceata Ugh. The clomid made me gain weight, too, as did the bcpills. Did you ever get the HSG? Good luck finding a better doctor! They are out there.
Hi, everyone!
AFM: My baseline blood test and ultrasound on Monday found a cyst and way too high level of estrogen; it was 173, and they want it to be below 50. So I have continued on the damned bcpills, which keep me from sleeping without pharmaceutical assistance. Another test tomorrow to see if the cyst is still there, or needs to be aspirated, or if I can continue and start the stims for the IVF this cycle in a few days. Crazy-making!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#22 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Ok so I've had two children and we are trying for our third. I never had a lot of symptoms until around the BFP which i got with both around 2 days prior to expected AF. So I'm about 5 days from expected date of AF and having major cramping, bloating and lots of achy low back pain. I don't even get menstrual cramps so I'm sure that's not it...but wondering if this is normal this early to have this much this early if I am actually prego. I'm also pretty short tempered and feel like I just want to go to bed I'm so achy in lower back and crampy? Thoughts?
#23 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Well, it's CD 11 and I'm ovulating. Awesome. I usually ovulate on CD16 like clockwork! I got two lines on a Wondfo a few minutes ago, but we can't have sex until tomorrow night. Cross your fingers that I'm in the 48 hour window of the test and not 24 hours! That would give me tomorrow night and the night after to catch the egg. I'm not charting this month so now I really don't know what the f is going on.

So TMI question.... DH and I haven't had sex in about 3 weeks (back to school time is stressful!) and it looks like the first opportunity well have to have sex will be tomorrow night. I'm not sure if he's done any "self care" in that time, and I'm not really sure how to ask. How bad is it in terms of sperm quality if the last time he's ejaculated was 3 weeks ago?

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#24 of 140 Old 09-03-2014, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Y'all! This is my very first month of TTC for baby #1 . I've been lurking around the threads for a month or so. I'm at day 7 in my cycle and DH and I are Super excited! Please send happy thoughts. to you all!

Doula student-midwife, Married to DH ('12) TTC baby#1
#25 of 140 Old 09-04-2014, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Happy September!
@SeattleRain , as far as I know, not ejaculating often is not a bad thing. I know western medicine says it is, but I've read plenty of accounts of healthy celibate (or nearly so) couples who have healthy babies conceived after a very long break. I think in a healthy man, the sperm will get re absorbed and used by the body as they go "bad." And those that are "bad" during TTC should get filtered out by CM. If it was me, I wouldn't add that to my list of worries. There are already so many uncontrollable factors. Certainly don't want to feel worried now about BDing after a long break!

AFM: I'm still waiting to ovulate at CD 16. My latest confirmed O is CD 17, so expecting it any day. For the past 4 or so cycles, I've had absolutely no EWCM. This was periodically the case the first time we were TTC but I thought things had changed when my cycles were so beautiful after getting AF back around 14 months PP. It's starting to really bother me though because I don't want to waste months and months trying when the problem is a hormonal imbalance. I'm considering seeing a super traditional Chinese medicine practitioner for herbs, acupuncture, etc. I've seen a more standard fertility acupuncturist in the past, but I need one more focused on whole health, I think. I suspect that my gall bladder and liver are "stagnant" and wonder how that's related to the hormones and digestion... Ah, so much to think about.

So, my questions on this are: has anyone gotten gotten pregnant during cycles without EWCM? Any ideas for a simple way to increase EWCM? Has anyone ever done a liver or gall bladder cleanse?

At least Friday (and the weekend) are on the horizon!
#26 of 140 Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
@discalceata Ugh. The clomid made me gain weight, too, as did the bcpills. Did you ever get the HSG? Good luck finding a better doctor! They are out there.
Thanks. I'm predisposed to mistrust doctors to begin with, and finding a doctor who wants to do nothing but throw pills at it seems pretty typical. I will start looking around for another one but I don't have high hopes for anything different. I did have my HSG and everything is perfectly normal and once again, there is no reason whatsoever for my not having any children. Sigh.

My coverline came back when my temp went up after that one day's dip. Maybe I just had my mouth open in my sleep or something. If I ovulated when Fertility Friend thinks I did, I'm 6dpo so I suppose I can be moved to Waiting to Know. I'm glad I'm really busy with work and a visiting friend who's staying with us for a month so I have enough distraction not to worry about what's going on.
#27 of 140 Old 09-04-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
So TMI question.... DH and I haven't had sex in about 3 weeks (back to school time is stressful!) and it looks like the first opportunity well have to have sex will be tomorrow night. I'm not sure if he's done any "self care" in that time, and I'm not really sure how to ask. How bad is it in terms of sperm quality if the last time he's ejaculated was 3 weeks ago?
Why can't you just ask him? Seems like the kind of thing a married couple should be able to discuss. I certainly hope he's ejaculated within the last three weeks because if not he's really begging for prostate problems. I don't think guys can actually go that long. Anyway sperm production is a continuous process in men so I wouldn't worry about it. If you want, you can ask him to knock it out a day or two in advance of your getting back together and that should clear out anything older.
#28 of 140 Old 09-04-2014, 10:18 AM

My temps are pretty low the last few days after being very high before that although still above the coverline but barley which makes me think this is not our month again. DH and I just passed 1 year of trying and all I have to show for it are two MC's. I'm thinking of making an appointment with my dr and asking for a referral to the fertility clinic in town.

This morning I saw one of DH's friends from back home posting that he and his wife are expecting and it just totally bummed me out. Really wish I could go home crawl into bed and shut out the world today. I'm happy for them but its so hard seeing all these people we know having babies while we're struggling.

#29 of 140 Old 09-04-2014, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
@Anna1979 , sorry to hear your TTC-versary is coming up. I really, really hope it's your month but I think a referral and some basic testing isn't a bad idea. Also, I just noticed your location! I live in St. Albert!

Welcome @browneyedgurl965 ! Hope your stay here is short.

@skinnyloveBC , I have done a few cleanses, one thing that's really great for the liver is coffee enemas if you're open minded to that.

@mamalovehm , eeeeek! Sounds soooo promising! I always have a majorly achy/crampy tww when pregnant!

@SeattleRain , yay for earlier ovulation, and less waiting time! I don't think the old sperm is a problem but I'd be pretty amazed if your dh could hold off that long! I know mine couldn't!

@tinytina , any obsession-worthy symptoms yet? When will you test?

How are all the CD7-ish ladies doing? I am already starting to have some slippery CM so seriously hoping to O before CD19 this month, especially since my dh has a really poorly timed business trip this month! We will be able to dtd on CD 11-13 then not again until CD18! We'll seeeee.
#30 of 140 Old 09-04-2014, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@Anna1979 sorry you felt bummed out today and hope if you decide to get an appointment at the fertility clinic that you're able to get some good info/answers.

Fingers crossed for you, @blissful_maia - hope you O soon!

I'm wrapping up CD8 and hoping to O at all this cycle…I want to start opks soon, but also had some peeing-on-a-stick fatigue with them last month (never O'd), so I think I'll hold out till Sat or Sun to start checking...

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page