Mothering Forum banner

Getting/Keeping Healthy while TTC (and beyond) this fall!

727 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  FyerFly 
#1 ·
Hi!

The TTC Healthy Parents summer thread was really helpful to me -- so nice to have somewhere to share successes and difficulties. I'm hoping to keep things moving along into the fall...please join if you'd like!

#2 ·
AFM, here's an update on my goals/progress:

1. Up my protein intake - yep, still working on this, though with school going/stress increasing have definitely resorted to some of my bad carb-loading habits :/

2. Decrease the amount of processed food I eat - see above...

3. Increase the amount of water I'm drinking - doing pretty well on this one

4a. Exercise more! this is the area I've seen the most improvement - I've been really pleased with the habits I've been developing. I started jogging again regularly in the beginning of August, and am now jogging frequently and far enough that my new goal is 4b. complete a 5k this Nov 23 in the town near me!! I'm hoping to do it in 30 mins, but more likely it will be between 30-40 mins...just completing it will make me very happy :)

5. Find a good prenatal vitamin Check :)

6. Limit screen time - ooooh this one is tough. I'm on screens nearly all day/night for school and work these days...will try to find more non-screen moments!

7. Create peaceful space around me completed most of the things on my previous list - I'll try to think of some new ideas in this category soon.

I'm not super weight-focused but do need to lose some, and I'm happy to report that as of yesterday I have lost 5 pounds since Aug 1. Hoping to lose 20-25 total, so it feels good to be on the way to that! Though again, it's more a benefit of the exercise/healthy habits...I'm not weighing in every day, more like once or twice a month!

Looking forward to hearing about your goals/progress!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.