Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~December 2014

~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~December 2014

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
December 2014

Posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in BOLD.

Waiting to O
jeslynn
devilish
skinnyloveBC
AndriaLeAnn
Oceanspray

Waiting to Know (2WW)
discalceata
suzywan ~TTC #3 9 DPO
radiowave
Bexo
sidrajedi
centerednova
Anna1979
enmaree

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
staceeyore01
lilybean t
waywornwanderer

Waiting to be Ready
mamadance84
Aloria
sleepingbeauty
tinytina~ waiting for next cycle
browneyedgurl965
AspenForest

Waiting to Hear From
jennsies
Wilhelmina
siuann
ayme371
JerFenstmaker
chilee
alicenwonderlan
scjp1109
Angelorum
deserae
Yaliina
quantum
CountryGirl916
akmcg
wassernixe
franluvsbubba
AugustLia23
Firefly77
Waiting4SJ
saharaviolet
Onellie
dancingmama0721
loba
alittlemischief
ericka29
Charmedseed
SeattleRain

2013/2014 GRADUATES~

Big congrats to you all!

December BFP's
quantumleap
mamalovehm
MoonWomb

November BFP's
blissful_maia
ultrafighter

October BFP's
Melinda1980
JennyT
Kahleesi
skinnyloveBC
perkier

September BFP's
FyerFly

August BFP's
AntoninBeGonin
clarwyn

July BFP's
MakeItSew
HappyMama2013

June BFP's
jenjy
alivewithyou
bren94
EdenAurora

April BFP's
t2009
dmariev
NSmomtobe
girlspn
apeydef
maof1
NaturallyMo
Kita4
angelasm1th
Li5i or LouisaG

March BFP's
Harmony96
marilyn612
badwolf092087
Truffula11

February BFP's
Oregonmoon
edubluv
WifeofAnt
katealici
Alivewithyou
jchole

January BFP's
mygreenestgrass
CrystalMarie
magrat
Diamhim
linnylou422
cagirlintexas

December BFP's
innacircle
Motivated Mama 2twins.gif
delightedbutterfly
kateaton
crunchymonkey

Below is a link to "The One Grad Club Thread" for all the Mamas who received their BFP!
~The One Thread Grad Club~July

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle

Last edited by tinytina; 12-15-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 12-01-2014, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Let me know of any changes to your statuses!

#3 of 75 Old 12-01-2014, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Alright so I haven't been online a lot over the last couple weeks but wanted to check in...I was really lazy this time around and didn't really track at ALL because my partner and I were supposed away from each other for the holidays for the week before I was due to O (on or around the 29th). HOWEVER, he ended up leaving later than I thought and so we got 1 BD in on the 26th (TMI, I know). So even though this was supposed to be my "month off" from conceiving obsession, now just the slight chance that that one time 4 days before potential O has my brain all obsessed again. So I guess that would put me in the 2 week wait category for now. What's weird is I can normally tell when I'm O'ing from mittelschmertz pain but the last 2 months I haven't felt it at all and am wondering if I'm even releasing an egg. Next cycle I plan to track and temp these things and not be so lazy!

To everyone who's had a positive since I've been on here, congrats! And good luck to everyone else
#4 of 75 Old 12-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I can be moved to waiting to know!
I 8 DPO and trying really hard not to test. My symptoms are lower abdominal pain and twinges on Saturday (6 DPO), pants seem tight, layed down on my stomach last night and chest and lower abdomen were sensitive. My last symptom may be TMI so I'm giving forewarning ...I'll be walking around and have the feeling like I started my cycle as though there is like a "drip" and then when I go to the bathroom there is nothing or increased discharge. I had this with both of my pregnancies with my children as well as the miscarriage in September. This all keeps me hopeful!
#5 of 75 Old 12-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all. CD27 today. having a little bit of spotting and not sure if AF is coming early this month? Who knows at this point. Fertility Friend says I am 10DPO but my temps have still been funky and I honestly don't think I O'd when it says I did. but who knows I guess. We will see if/when AF shows up. my Luteal phase is almost always 15 days. Put some xmas decorations up today trying to keep my mind occupied.

Doula student-midwife, Married to DH ('12) have 1 and TTC baby#1
#6 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks for hosting again, @tinytina !

DH and I got back from visiting family last night. It was a good few days away, and especially nice not to be thinking about TTC during that time. I'm going to start my OPKs again tomorrow morning and see where things go.

How's everyone else?

Jen. Nerd girl, with nerd boy, TTC #1 after in 2008.

- follow along!

#7 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey everyone. Hope you all had a good holiday!

AF finally came (on Thanksgiving Day of course). She's almost gone and I'm on CD6 and waiting to know. I think I'll start OPKs tomorrow and continue throughout my cycle to see if I even ovulate as I'm not sure my cycles are normal yet. You're normally supposed to ovulate about 1-2 weeks after AF, right?

Sending baby dust to all!
#8 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Hi and welcome @Perrylynn . I am also using donor sperm (husband is unable due to male infertility due to being a paraplegic) and we are also doing IUI's (unmedicated for 6 cycles- we have done 2 so far). They do start with a lot of blood work and physical work ups before starting the whole process.
I noticed from what i read that there are a lot of tests. Thats why I've decided to start as much as I can now so that when I am ready I dont have any extra tests and will know if I ovulate. The vitex seems to be working so far for me though. I am getting color on the opk now and they have darkened so far each day. I am excited that I might actually be ovulating with the vitex. Now if only my period regulates this month lol. I know the vitex can take 3-6 months though so it might be a few more months for it to regulate.
#9 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM

I have a question for everyone. For the OPKs if it darkens more after the 3 minutes but before the 10 is up then do you count the color at 3 minutes or 10? I am just wondering for future reference because I had one after the 3 minutes darken but it wasn't a positive. I don't want to miss knowing when I get the + OPK if it can happen closer to the 10 minutes. Thanks everyone.
#10 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 06:12 PM
PMK

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrylynn View Post
I have a question for everyone. For the OPKs if it darkens more after the 3 minutes but before the 10 is up then do you count the color at 3 minutes or 10? I am just wondering for future reference because I had one after the 3 minutes darken but it wasn't a positive. I don't want to miss knowing when I get the + OPK if it can happen closer to the 10 minutes. Thanks everyone.
Depends on the test. Mine state to wait 10 minutes before interpreting.

Me (38) & DH (54)
DS (9-16-13)

My Ovulation Chart
#11 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So AF came today. And DH and I made a super hard decision. After long talks, and many tears we've decided that with me starting school in January and learning that I wont be able to work after March (I'm studying to be a midwife and will be starting clinicals with 24/7 on-call way earlier than I originally thought) that we are going to put TTC on hold.
I am super bummed, but really this is the best decision for us right now. I may still lurk around here just see how you all are doing and I wish you all the best. I hope that by the time I'm back that you all have gotten your bfps and are happily in the graduates. Best Wishes!

Doula student-midwife, Married to DH ('12) have 1 and TTC baby#1
#12 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 08:28 PM

Congrats @sidrajedi !

Aww, we will miss you @browneyedgurl965 , but I understand. Good luck in school!
@tinytina , I think you should still be thread-keeper! You do great!
#13 of 75 Old 12-02-2014, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
AndriaLeAnn - the "average" cycle has ovulation on day 14, but everyone is different. Hope the opks are helpful!
Good luck with midwifery school browneyedgurl965. It's the best hardest thing you'll do for a long, long time!

Thank you all so much for letting me hang out here this cycle. I have had increasingly dark lines on my bfps and this morning's was actually pretty much as dark as the control line. So, even though I'm really afraid it won't stick, I'm calling it pregnant. Hope to see a bunch of you in the August DDC.

For greater things are yet to come...

#14 of 75 Old 12-03-2014, 06:10 AM

Congrats, @quantumleap ! Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

Fingers crossed for you, @mamalovehm !

We will miss you, @browneyedgurl965 ! I understand, because school and work can get stressful, but we'll miss you around here. Feel free to check in any time!
@Perrylynn , it honestly depends on the brand of OPK. Mine say check after 5 minutes and throw it out after 10.

AFM, not much. Fertility Friend says I should be ovulating around now, but I haven't had any of my usual symptoms, and my OPKs are coming up negative. I need to call my doc for some bloodwork anyway, so I'll ask then if I don't O soon.

- follow along!

#15 of 75 Old 12-03-2014, 07:31 AM

So I was up a little after 4 AM with my son and when I got up at seven I took a test not remembering that I had just use the bathroom less than three hours prior so it wasn't super concentrated urine plus I'm only 10 DPO… But this is what I have five minutes later. With my two kids and my miscarriage I didn't get positives or anything close until the day before expected cycle so this is about four days before that. I'm freaking out!!! I tore the cabinets apart and found three more tests and I'm going to use today. Do you see what I see? I am so hopeful…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1417616970422.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	10521  
#16 of 75 Old 12-03-2014, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well. Now I can concentrate on Christmas preparations since I just passed in my last assignment for my Master's!

Got to catch up on here too! Got a lot to do right now.

Hope you caught your egg this month @MoonWomb

Fingers crossed @mamalovehm

Glad you got away for a few days- it can do wonders for our mood and emotions @centerednova

Sorry to hear AF found you @AndriaLeAnn , but at least you know finally. Hopefully your cycles start to regulate. Thanks for the compliment

Glad the vitex seems to be helping @Perrylynn . Start with tracking your cycles. Every ovulation test is different. My brand is 3 minutes only. Knowing your length of cycle can help determine when to use your ovulation tests. My clinic gave me a formula to help figure it out since my cycles vary between 25-28 days so I can ovulate anywhere from day 11-17

Hi and welcome @PMK

Sorry to hear about AF and the hard decisions you and your DH have made @browneyedgurl965 but you have to do what is best for you and your family. I am sure you will be back here before long when the timing is right. Please keep lurking.

Congrats @quantumleap

#17 of 75 Old 12-03-2014, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Let me know of any changes to your status in BOLD, please!

#18 of 75 Old 12-03-2014, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm on CD13 and getting ready to O. Poor DH has a cold so I gave him a break Sunday and Monday but we BD last night and will again tonight and maybe even Thursday. I'm a little bummed because I spoke with the Fertility Clinic in town and they have my referral but the wait is 18 months. I'm going to be 36 in March it really feels like I'll never have a baby. We're taking the next cycle off since it would put my due date while we're suppose to be in Europe next year. If this cycle doesn't work out I might look into trying Mayan massage for my January cycle.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#19 of 75 Old 12-03-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Depends on the test. Mine state to wait 10 minutes before interpreting.
Thank you. Mine says that it shows that it will show in 3 minutes for LH but that it will show in 10 if you did not surge.
#20 of 75 Old 12-03-2014, 04:12 PM

So I got my test back from my General Practice Doctor and I now only have to go to the OBGYN and not the endo. They told me I am pre-Diabetic and my vitamin D is abnormally low. Has anyone had to take a vitamin D pill once a week for 12 weeks for Vitamin D deficiency? He my vitamin D was really low.
#21 of 75 Old 12-04-2014, 02:56 PM

@mamalovehm , I do see what you see! Crossing my fingers for you and will wait to hear about the other tests!
#22 of 75 Old 12-05-2014, 05:34 AM

So it has been taking about 3-4 minutes for me to get positive on the FRER... And this morning I used a target cheapy and had a positive in less than 90 seconds. Going to go for hCG and progesterone with midwife today. Pretty sure I can be moved to graduates!
#23 of 75 Old 12-05-2014, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Let me know of any changes to your status in BOLD, please!

#24 of 75 Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hope you O soon @Anna1979 , sorry to hear about the ridiculous long wait for the clinic. Hope your DH feels better
@Perrylynn , vitamin D supplements were recommended by the fertility clinic in my case. I actually increase my dose in the winter since I have symptoms of SAD

Hi @AndriaLeAnn

Congratulations @mamalovehm

#25 of 75 Old 12-05-2014, 01:36 PM

Congrats @mamalovehm !
#26 of 75 Old 12-07-2014, 09:29 PM

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing great and keeping busy with the holidays coming up! Sending baby dust for Chrstmas babies!

AFM -
It's CD11 and my fertile window should be this next week.. Ovia is predicting I ovulate in between Tuesday and Thursday, so we are crossing our fingers! We have been and plan to do lots of BD for the couple weeks to make sure we have great coverage. I can't help but hope I get a BFP in time for a Christmas gift for our families. Trying not to get my hopes too high though as I'm not sure timing would work out so perfectly.

I'm just hoping I actually ovulate this cycle, as I'm not sure I did last cycle. I have started taking OPKs and will continue to until I get a positive or AF comes; just to track and ensure I am ovulating.

Cross your fingers for me!

Baby dust to you all!
#27 of 75 Old 12-08-2014, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I think everyone is super busy with the holidays approaching.

Hope you O and get lots of great coverage this month @AndriaLeAnn

#28 of 75 Old 12-08-2014, 07:31 AM

Hello, everyone! It's definitely been a busy weekend for me. But I can now be moved to waiting to know. This will be the second month in a row that we've caught ovulation right on the nose.

That said, I'm kind of worried about things with me hormone-wise. I went to the doctor on Friday looking for some bloodwork to be done, but the (new) doctor I saw was incredibly dismissive. Ugh! Let's hope she has a change of heart.

- follow along!

#29 of 75 Old 12-08-2014, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Please move me to waiting to knowI'm 4DPO and realized that I will be testing the day before we leave for Christmas with our families. This will me that I might be able to squeeze in my first HCG test before we leave but won't even be in town to get the results and won't be able to get another one done till January 5 2015 at the earliest.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#30 of 75 Old 12-08-2014, 04:11 PM

Thanks @tinytina !

Good luck @centerednova ! Fingers are crossed for you.

Fingers crossed for you as well @Anna1979 !

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page