Cramping - *after* ovulation??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-21-2004, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know about mittlesmertz or cramping when you ovulate, and what that feels like for me.

But here I am at (definitely - both temps and EWCM confirm) 3DPO and I feel very mild, but fairly consistent cramping today and yesterday (but a little more today). So I hardly notice it at all during the day, but when I get a chance to sit down and rest for a moment, there it is. It's different from the usual 12 or 24 hours worth of cramping I typically get before/during O.

I've read that implantation doesn't occur until day 5 at the earliest (usually more like 7 or 8), so I know that's not it.

What's up?

Edited to add - I've been sitting here a while and noticed that the right side is a little more crampy than the left. So maybe it's my ovary?? Also, the word cramp doesn't really do it justice - different from cramps during AF, and again just very very mild and dull/throbby but pretty much constant.
#2 of 9 Old 05-21-2004, 11:53 PM

Ok, don't get your hopes up, but..... with my last cycle I was sure I ovulated on cd 14. Well, on cd 17 I had cramping and light spotting. I thought it was too early for implantation as well. But, I'm pg!

So, in the end I'm not sure if I ovulated early or what. Maybe you ovulated early.

Oh, and with my first pg, I had abdominal pains for about two-three weeks after I ovulated. Sooooooo... I'm hoping that this is a good thing for you!

Good Luck!
#3 of 9 Old 05-22-2004, 12:03 AM

I had some weird but OBVIOUS cramping in my LOWER right abdomen last month for 2 days on and off. I never felt anything like that before. I wasn't sure what it was because I had a m/c a month before so I thought it was my ovary or something. It turned out I tested positive a day or so later!!!
#4 of 9 Old 05-22-2004, 12:42 AM

Yep what they said.. Everytime I've had cramping like that I've been PG..

Just a heads up.. Could that be a possibility??

Warm Squishy (but not crampy ) Feelings..

Dyan

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.
#5 of 9 Old 05-22-2004, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Well, as I posted in The One Thread, we had a bit of an oopsie-daisy. Meaning we GIO the night before I O'd (my rookie charting error combined with a dh who looks for any excuse in the book to avoid condoms ). After some scrambling and talking it over, we have decided we're over the moon and are now really really hoping I'm PG. (We had talked about starting to try this fall/winter.) But I'm trying not to get my hopes up -- I mean, what ARE the chances??!!

So I still wonder what that "cramping" is from. Maybe a tired ovary post-O?!
#6 of 9 Old 05-22-2004, 07:00 PM

Not to take away From your excitement in any way, but I've also heard that sometimes right after O you can feel crampy due to the minor "contractions" of your fallopian tubes as they push the eggie through. Just a thought.
#7 of 9 Old 05-24-2004, 05:26 PM

I've had several cycles where I started cramping about 3 or 4 DPO and the cramping continued right up until AF. The early cramping was different from the cramping immediately preceding AF -- more like you what you described as dull, fairly constant cramping. I did not end up pregnant during any of those cycles. I have always attributed that initial cramping to the corpus luteum cyst which forms after ovulation and produces progesterone. I've heard that the cyst can sometimes cause light cramping. I don't know if that helps much, but I've definitely experienced what you're talking about.
#8 of 9 Old 05-28-2004, 03:19 PM

I've noticed that cramping too about 1-2 dpo.

There is nothing scientific about my theory, but I think it's caused by sperm. I think sperm has a slightly crampy effect, but maybe that's just me--hopefully it won't hurt my chances of conceiving!!
#9 of 9 Old 06-02-2004, 10:19 PM

I had the severe "cramping" and pain in my right side a couple of days ago. I normally ovulate like 10 days earlier than that. There is a possibility of pregnancy (the test line is quite faint) but who knows.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page