The One Thread - May 23 - 29th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry about your miscarriage, but I am so glad that there is still a baby there for you. Good luck with your pg!
#62 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:00 PM

Ugh (long message deleted)

(((((gris))))))

Shannon - I feel your pain, but luckily M and I have that whole thing worked out right now, mostly.

Elena -- sorry about AF

Lesley -- I would wait and see what tomorrow night's temp brings. But I wouldn't suspect that a heating pad (non-heat based, right?) would raise your temp... but I don't know.

Feeling really beatchy today. PMS sucks!

Belly Blessings!
#63 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:15 PM

gris i'm so sorry

alexis, wish i had a joke or something for you.

annakiss good luck with the move

i guess i'm gearing up to o! trying not to stress or act like i care one way or another :
#64 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:18 PM

Hey all. I'm really sleep deprived (dd had a rough night), so this will be short. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy you all, even though I'm not posting much. I used to lurk in TAO, but things have taken such an ugly turn over there. I've taken to just leaving the computer logged in to TTC all the time, and running over and reading when I get a chance. I am trying to cut back on my 'puter time though (house goin' to heck...big pile of papers at work not dealt with ).

to all who are rebooting.

Gristastic: so sorry to hear about your loss, but sending lots of vibes for your little bean!

Waiting4Baby: Wake up!!

Trying to get my bearings...
#65 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:22 PM

Gris, sorry, so sorry about your miscarriage. My dear friend had this same experience with twins, its hard.

Parkers mommy, peeing every half hour? Are you SURE you couldn't have conceived? That sounds like a great sign to me.

Miz, sorry about impending AF and the 9 day LH. Have you tried Vitex to lenghten your LP? Its pretty effective.

Stone Fence, I am really hoping for you that the Clomid is THE thing. Will you keep us posted?

Lesley, I hope it wasn't O...... : for you!

Nothing new to report here, other than the fact that my hope is soaring this cycle. That is, when I am not beating it back with a big stick! I just can't stand the disappointment. In fact, if its neg again, I just dont' know about staying on the boards......my emotions are just all over the place.
#66 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:24 PM

Gristastic

I know it doesn't feel any better when everyone tells you how common that is. I actually had 3 until ~8 weeks when 1 stopped growing. I hope you heal soon, and wishing you all the best with your healthy little one!!
#67 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:26 PM

Nothing new hear... my temps are farked. I have no idea if they're normal or what.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday (a wonderful holiday for my fellow Canadians).

to all those in need.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#68 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:40 PM

Kris (((hugs))) I don't know where I was when you announced your pregnancy (probably going thru my own m/c) so I'm sorry I missed out on congratulating you then. I'm sorry you lost one of your babies -- and while I"m sure you're incredibly relieved that your other baby is healthy, I'm sure there must be some mixed emotions. More ((((hugs))))

Alexis -- sorry you're crabby. PMS sucks big time.

Velvet -- I'm so kha for you this cycle!!!!! I do know what you mean about taking a break from the boards if it's neg though. Sometimes I think I should take a step back, too. But you ladies always make me feel better -- so I can't bring myself to leave!

Elena -- so sorry you're rebooting. By the way, your wedding pics are gorgeous. Our dresses were very similiar -- romantic and flowy. It looks like you created beautiful memories that day.

Anna -- good luck with your move. I'm happy that it seems to be a positive change for you.

Ellie'smom -- I"m with you -- this ttc thread is the only one I pay attention to!

Denise -- hope you O real soon! (And good luck not caring one way or the other!

Waiting4baby's chart does look quite delicious doesn't it??? It's just so pretty!

Shannon -- so sorry 'bout your dh woes. My dh can get into the video games, but he's pretty good about following my rules -- I'll say "I'll give you an hour," and he complies ('cause he knows how pissed I'll get otherwise!)
I also use Katy's technique of giving him choices of chores "you can either do this or this." Getting really pissed works well for me -- my dh is a libra and likes to keep the peace. I really can't complain because he does 90% of the cooking -- and he's a great cook!
I hope your dh straightens out soon. Sounds like he needs limits -- and though it sounds ridiculous giving a grown man limits, they're all little boys inside aren't they??? :LOL

Hugs and dust to anyone I missed.

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#69 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 01:49 PM

I feel like I just need my ovaries to get Kick-started and then I'll be regular again (like I was at 18).

I never thought that I wanted kids when I was younger. Then I thought I just wanted 1. Now that I have a little house, I think I'd like to have a bunch or at least 2. If my ovaries wake up I may be able to squeeze out 2 before I turn 45. Here's hoping.

Good luck with the move Anna!

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#70 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

(((((((((((((Kris))))))))))))))))) I hope you're doing ok sweetie. I'm keeping an eye on you! and sending you hugs all day long.

Lesley - It generally isn't a good idea to sleep with a hot pack on. Usually no more than 20-30 min at a time, then leave off for at least an hour. I doubt it raised your temp that much, but you never know... maybe you're going triphasic :

Amy, I too am KHA that your ovaries will get in gear and start shooting out some eggies!!

Kate, I'm glad you're here, you're a voice of gentle reason and uplifting thoughts!

Velvet, I hope you choose to stay with us, you'll be missed sorely if you leave, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! You always have to do what is right for you. (but please stay)

Anna, good luck on your move! we'll miss you while you're off line, but I know you'll be back, since you're actually gonna get to TTC soon!

((((((Miz)))))))), I'm sorry your cycle is so screwy there are a lot of women that have successfully lengthened their LP with Vitex, but I think you should go see your ND, and get the right thing for you.

((((Polka)))) sorry you're rebooting! but here's to a shorter cycle!

Amara's mom! (you're new here, right?) Hope you're stay here is short and sweet!

Ok, not much happening here. cd3, bleeding is getting lighter, told hubby we were going to GIO every other day, from the second I start bleeding till i say I've Oed. I am getting pregnant this month!!!!!!!
Ok, off to work, I'll check back in later.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#71 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 03:23 PM

Ahh, thanks Korin, just feeling a bit hopeless this morning. I know you know that feeling!!
For the time being, I'm gonna stay..
#72 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 03:34 PM

Wow, late coming on in the morning and you have a novel to read!!!
I have a migraine from hell. I think likely caused by the progesterone suppositories. I woke up at 4:00am with it--I actually woke up cause Bedlam and the worlds biggest Newf were chasing the cat around the house at that hour. I should have listened to Havoc, he's such a tattle tale adn he tried to wake me at 3:00 to tell me they were all up to no good. I got up to a shredded box of kleenex and empty and mostly eaten can of pounce cat treats and the recycling for cans all over the kitchen (Bedlam likes playing with pop cans) So the migraine is subsiding, I'm not sure what to do, I usually only get migraines when I restart the birth control pill (I've had very few in my life) Then I had one last month around 12 dpo while using the progesterone cream and now one this month while using the suppositories. I mean I suppose I can deal with a few migraines for a baby, but damn it hurts!! I remember my baby brother used to get them when he was only like 2 and he used to lie there holding his head telling us not to let him die
Lesley, my opinion on your temp spike..... I think you had inflamation in your back and that caused your temp to go up. That happened to me at the beginning of this cycle when I had the arthritis flare, it settled down the next day when I had the pain under control. If you hadn't had the positive OPK's than maybe, but you did and your cervix doesn't look fertile right now (not that I can see it)
Amy, I can so relate to what you're feeling, in my twenties I swore up and down I didn't want kids, my dogs were plenty! Then when I suddenly decided I did want kids I have to go through all this. To make it worse, I then find out that my mother and 2 of my aunts hit menopause at 35 (I'm 33) So yeah, I stated out wanting 2, now I will be beyond thrilled with one.
Kris, I'm so sorry I can't even imagine the mixed emotions flying around in your head right now. Please know that all is normal and that you can grieve your lost babe while still embracing your healthy one. (I am so excited to know that the other one looks like all is well)
Waiting4baby, your chart does look very nice! I'm keeping everything crossed that this is your month---afterall, now that you know us, your life is bound to change!!
Alexis, , sorry girlie, pms never bothered me until this ttc journey. Oh and as another person with very sensitive girlie parts, I will advice you to rince off the egg whites half and hour after you GIO and maybe put some corn starch down there.
Velveteen, I'm keeping it alive for you too!!!!
Anna, good luck on the move!!! I hate moving.
Des, sorry about the reboot, hope the dawgs are behaving for you--have you thought of invisible fence? We LOVE ours!
Kate, what can I say, I'm so glad to see you hanging out here, you always have such calming advice.
Denise, LET THE GIO BEGIN!!!!!!!
Megan, I generally have a temp dip just before the ole egg pops, so keep getting it on!
Erika, did you get your oreo blizzard??
Puddingpop, sorry bout your back, back pain sucks!
Elena, sorry about the Reboot
Katy, Carnel nights, : : I need to see a pic of you to put a name to the face!!

Well, I'm quite certain I missed someone, I hope I didn't.
Thanks for your advice ladies on my little Steve. He will do things if I ask him to adn he generally does them without complaining. I just SO hate having to ask, I mean how can you walk through the kitchen, see the dirty dishes piled up and not KNOW they needed to be done???? I'd like to wring his mothers neck, she did such a lovely job turning him into a mamma's boy without an inkling of self confidence or drive.
Well, I'm off for a bit.
to all
#73 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 04:41 PM

Korin -- Thanks for your kind words they make me happy! I'd have to definitely give a to gio every other day. I swear that's what got me pregnant last time! It's the perfect formula!! Your dh better get ready!

Shannon -- so sorry 'bout your migraine. Having suffered from bcp-induced migraines for years (before I figured it out! And doc's never had a clue!) I can totally relate. I would get very light-sensitive and just crawl under the covers praying for sleep. Hope you feel better soon. (And thanks for your kind words,too -- though I don't know I deserve them!)

Velvet -- glad you're sticking around for the time being.

Amy -- here's to your ovaries getting in gear!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#74 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 04:44 PM

Kate, obviously you deserve those words, heck, Korin posted what she said while I was posting mine--so I didn't even see her words first.
I'm glad to see someone else who has bcp induced migraines, everyone I ever meet thinks I'm nuts. I'm just panicking that I'm going to have them the entire time I'm on progesterone.
#75 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 05:13 PM

Shannon, sorry about the migraines. I know this probably won't help you much, but it is comforting. Rub peppermint oil on your temples~ the nice tingly feeling, and good smell helps a bit.
#76 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
Parker's mommy, how are you so sure you didn't concieve? Peeing alot is a good sign!!

I'm trying to sike myself out.........

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#77 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Well........... :

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#78 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 06:26 PM
Joi

Well still not ovulating. I feel like I am becoming obsessed. I need another hobby. :LOL

Korin- see you tonight then.
#79 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Dont' worry, you will! See you tonight!

#80 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 06:47 PM

Hello all! I just wanted to pop in. We just got back from Europe early this morning and I haven't had a chance to catch up at all. Paris was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The people were amazingly friendly and the Eiffel Tower was awe-inspiring. I think I took about 100 pics of it. Venice was cool. The people were all pretty snotty. Rome I didn't care for. Because of a national train strike, we only got to spend Saturday there. No big loss there except we couldn't see the Sistine Chapel. Oh well, we are already planning to go back to Europe for our 5-year anniversary with a (very) quick stop in Rome for the Vatican.

Back on topic - I think this is going to be our last month trying for a few months for various and assorted reasons. Today is about CD15 or so, last month I didn't O until day 20, so the GIO fest continues.... After this month, we will wait until the end of September to try some more. to all.
#81 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 06:54 PM

Welcome back Jamie, glad your trip was so great!!
#82 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 07:06 PM

Kris,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It must be difficult to hear that news and still have the happy news of your other twin doing so well. I'm glad your baby is healthy in there. Offering my shoulder, if you need it.

Jaimie, Welcome back! Sounds like a fabulous trip.

Waiting 4 baby, I looked at your chart. Looks like your temp went down a little. Did AF start? If not, you still should KHA or we will for you!!

Parker'smom, Peeing a lot and tiredness were my first two signs with my dd. When are you testing?

Shannon, so sorry about the migraines. I get them sometimes too, but never really thought about whether they were cycle related. I did once switch pills and seem to have fewer, so a hormone thing makes sense. I always have to lay perfectly still in a quiet dark room when i get them. Migraines suck! I hope it is a one time thing.

Kate- Every other day worked for me. But now that I know when I'm O'ing, it is hard for me to skip that in-between day. i don't want to miss a chance!

Anna, Good luck on your move. Come back soon and give us all some good news!

Velvet, I really hope you can stay, but understand if you feel you can't. We will miss you if you go.

Amy, I hope the clomid does the trick. Really, really crossing my fingers that you will O and catch an eggie.

Korin, thanks for the advice on the heating pad. I just had such a sore back yesterday. It still hurts a little today, but getting better. I've never been to a chiro. How do I find a good one?

Puddingpop, your back too? I'm so sorry.

Okay, gotta go to a staff meeting. Yuck.

I finally made it clear to my parents that we are, in fact, trying now. My mom is a midwife and my dad an MD, so I'm dying to ask them to do a blood test on me in a few days. Is that awful?
#83 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 07:24 PM

Lesley : (And I think it's cool to have an MD and a MW parents! I would be asking for a blood test, too )

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to have to ask, Shannon, but that's the thing -- most guys need to be prompted, even the good ones! And you really don't want an anal husband (um... unless -- well, no, never mind! You don't!)

Kate -- I third the "you're such an awesome presence on the thread" comments -- you really do have great advice and are a very calm and generous soul! And I want you to be pregnant *right now* (waves magic wand)

Seriously, wouldn't it be cool if we could just sprinkle some magic dust and get pregnant We'd all be SO huge!!!!

Anyway, I'm going to be a mini-Korin this month (well, really a bigger sized version, as I'm taller and bigger than her :P) and do the every-other-day GIO schedule. And also I think I'll go back to vitex...

And when Jesse gets back from the cottage (hope she had a great time!) maybe I'll be seeing the naturapath her mom recommended...

Happy Holidays to my Canadians! Gee, I love that today is a holiday... we had a nice hang-out day And we found our new place! (yay!) I'm gonna go brag about it on my LJ in two secs, but one phrase perfectly sums it up for me: 2 person whirlpool bathtub!!!!!!

I'm going to give birth in that tub, I can feel it!

But moving... oy. That is the part I am not looking forward to... Anna -- good luck with your move; mine's only cross town and I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it...

Jamie -- glad you had fun in Europe! Sounds so awesome!

Heather :

Velvet -- I know what you mean, my emotions were up and down this last week a lot. And I sometimes think the thread makes me obsess too much, but really, I love it here! I need to feel the hugs to get through this sometimes!

Belly Blessings!
#84 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
aw man you guys....you are so tempting me to test. Even though Im roughly 9-10 dpo, my last cycle was 32 days long. So, I do have some time. I was thinking of waiting to test until tomorrow, that would make it 10dpo and roughly 5 days before expected af.

I ripped open my only FRER I have left and almost used it and then chickened out.

Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone, you guys will be the 2nd to know when I pias, Dh being the first.

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#85 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 08:17 PM

definitely do it in the morning Heather and even though I am the queen of early testing, I'd probably recomend waiting until Thursday. Otherwise, you could find yourself buying more tests.
#86 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesleyluu
Korin, thanks for the advice on the heating pad. I just had such a sore back yesterday. It still hurts a little today, but getting better. I've never been to a chiro. How do I find a good one?

Well, you come see me, of course! Where are you? Maybe I know someone in your area...

#87 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 08:30 PM

Well Korin, I totally would, but Oregon is kind of a long drive! I'm in Sacramento, CA.
#88 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 08:59 PM

Hey Korin, I was thinking about you last night while watching Dateline. What is your feeling on what's happening (I think it was in California) on Chiros setting up storefronts that are then used as sex shops??
I was surprised to see so many being used (not that the chiros were actually working there too)
Is it happening everywhere in the States or just in that area??
#89 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 09:01 PM

Heather, I would wait til 15 dpo... I'm definitely NOT the Queen of Early Testing!

Lesley -- I used to live in Davis, in the mid-90s BTW, the drive to Portland take exactly 12 hours. I did that drive 1-2x a year when I lived in Davis -- my best friend lived in Seatle. (We helped her move back to her mom's from Cali and then 7 months later, I drove down 2 weeks before her EDD and helped her when she delievered her son. She moved back to Cali 2 years ago.)

I seriously want a bath right now... but in my new tub! D'oh! At least it will be mine in 23 days and counting...

(We're paying a half-months rent there in June, so we'll technically be in two places! Makes it much easier to move... you have a few days to move and clean and all that...)

Ok, sorry this post got so off topic! Now back to your regularly scheduled program

Belly Blessings!
#90 of 486 Old 05-24-2004, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
Hey Korin, I was thinking about you last night while watching Dateline. What is your feeling on what's happening (I think it was in California) on Chiros setting up storefronts that are then used as sex shops??
I was surprised to see so many being used (not that the chiros were actually working there too)
Is it happening everywhere in the States or just in that area??
Weird... I never saw this happening in CA. Did it say which part of the State? I thought CA had some chiro licensing regs or something...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page