The One Thread - May 23 - 29th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The one Thread - May 23th - 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Sunday! Time for a new thread...
As always PM me if you need to be switched!

Waiting to O:

*Abigail
*Adina
*Alexis (alexisyael)
*Amara (wawoof)
*Amy (StoneFence)
*Amy (saturnine25)
*Anne (bamboogrrrl)
*Anne-Marie (starfairy)
*Brook (mamabee)
*Christina (becca's mama)
*Dre
*heveasoul
*Jamie (djsgirl517)
*Jenny (Ellie's Mom)
*Johanna
*Joi (angstmommy)
*Kara (k4kara)
*Karen (roseangel)
*Kate (KateSt.)
*KatyBerisford
*Korin (chiromama)
*Kylie (luvmy3boyz)
*L'Nayim (waiting4baby)
*Marie (Marie-c)
*Mandy (freethinker)
*Patti (Shakti)
*Pamela (fairymama)
*Sarah (glitterbits)
*Sara (mamaharsh)
*Tara (tarablesue)
*Vicki (doulamomvicki)

Waiting to know (New -- date is what day Af *would* be due. PM me if you want yours added):

*Abylite
*Astrid
*Christine (Sweetc a.k.a. xine)
*Danielle (Dani76)6/5
*Denise (mama2m&m)
*Denise (Mssisko)
*Des (polka123)
*Elena (Mizelenius)5/30
*Erika (MamanFrançaise)
*Heather (Parker'smommy)
*Heather (kyle98sean02)
*Jelaine (dabunnytoo)
*KC (TchrGrrl)
*Kimberly (puddingpop) 5/27
*Kitty (HelloKitty) 5/26
*Laurel
*Lesley (lesleyluu)5/30
*Lili (lilirose)
*Lydia (chemigogo)
*Marie (Marie-c) 5/30
*Megan (amara's mom) 6/13
*Molly (mimim)
*nannymom
*Ninafel
*Periwinkle
*Serenity
*Shannon 6/4
*Sarah (mamtoady) 6/5
*Stephanie (dandylion)
*Tracie (peacefulvegan)
*Velveteen
*Zig (6/1)

LLL (limbo land ladies)

*Lisa (lisabc311)

LWNEH (Ladies Who Need Extra Hugs, due to a recent m/c)

*Gonnabeamom
*LisaG
*Tara
*Jesse
*Kama
*Pamela (Scootermama1)
*Ravenmoon

Waiting to be ready:

*Anna (annakiss)
*Erin (Happypants)
*farmlife3
*Kristie (milkymommi)
*Laura (Justice2)
*MamaBee
*Pamela (Scootermama1)
*Shaughn (maybemom05)
*Tanya (Teensy)

May BFPs:
*Mary (Bunches)
*Laura (sweetpeasmom)
*Julie (tofumama)

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#2 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Not much happening for me. bleeding, cramping, headache. I feel a renewed sense of postivity about this cycle. I guess it's because I was so depressed earlier this week, I just don't have the energy to be sad. But I have decided, I AM GETTING PREGNANT THIS CYCLE! that's all there is too it. I won't take no for an answer. (I'll let you all know if this plan works... : ) I'm not too motivated to do anything.. my regular sunday stuff, grocery shop, laundry, and cook food for the week's lunches... but we shall see, I've only been out of bed for an hour. (it's 11 here.we stayed up late, and I had @ - yes 2 adult beverages!) Ugh, the bleeding and cramping make me not want todo anything. so we shall see!

Ok, so far this month only 3 BFPs... strange.....
back later

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#3 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Joi

Gooooooooooooood Morning

We stayed at 5th Ave Suites last night in hopes that it would um........ aid in conception. We shall see.
#4 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:00 PM

Not much going on here either... just in the 2ww.... Although I just have this feeling that I couldn't be pregnant this cycle. I don't know why... *sigh*

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#5 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:06 PM

Damn Korin, you're too fast! I was going to start that thread, but you beat me to it! I like your new plan, tell me how it works out for you!

Maman, I'm 5 DPO (so says FF, but I think it is more like 3). We can test together! I'm going to test 5/31, (but may sneak in a couple OPK's as HPT's before that because I have some leftover).

I'm trying to be positive about this cycle. I had so much EW! But, sad as I will be if it doesn't work this time, I do have my brand new CPFM just waiting for me to start it up!

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Angstmommy, sounds like you did!
#6 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:09 PM

Subscribing.... You guys can add my name to the OP... I'm Brook

I posted in the main TTC board about my chart. My temps are all over the place but this is my first time to chart so would greatly appreciate any thoughts if you guys want to look at it. Keep in mind that I'm a newbie!

My Chart
#7 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry lesley.. I've been doing the list a while, and can get it up pretty quick. But if you haven't gotten a BFP before next sunday, it's yours! ( I'll have familiy in town, so it'll be nice not to deal with it! )

Angst, does this mean you're Oing soon? are you charting or using OPKs?? Ohhh the 5th ave suites.. nice! Any fun details to share??

ETA - Erika... I'll KHA for you... you know, that's what we do here, we KHA for others when they can't do it!

#8 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:10 PM

LOL Lesley, that would be kind of funny if we got our BFP's at the same time. Our daughters are only a few weeks apart, too!

I think I'm going to hold off to test until the 2nd. That's when AF is due and I hate those damn negatives and staring at them for literally hours to see if there's a faint positive. I'm trying to avoid that this time around. LOL

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#9 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Joi

Korin- I am charting but I forgot my therm. last night. I did check it when I got home but because I had been running around it is probably not accurate. I tried one of the O predictor kits but was confused. As for juicy details........... maybe after a glass of wine I'll let them out. The suite was nice (especially the tub )

Later today I think I will check my ovulation again.

Oh and I took my last clomid for the cycle ( hopefully forever)
#10 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Sweet!!! What cycle day are you? I hope with all of my heart that you get preg on your first try! Esp after that dumb ass doc told you those lame things a while back. If you have to ditch knitting night cause you haven't Oed yet.. I'll understand!

Ok, is anyone else not about to "quick reply" today? and what is up with the stuff underlined in green? when you click on one it takes you to an ad?? WTF?

#11 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to say.. Brook! Hope you enjoy your stay with us!! I looked at your chart, but it just looks like you haven't Oed yet.. be patient, after a few months, it gets easier, and a lot more fun!

#12 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Joi

I am on day #10.Does that make any sense?
#13 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

well, of course that makes sense... is this your first time charting? do you know when you usually O? Is the clomid supposed to make you O early? How long is your cycle usually?

#14 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Joi

This is the first time I am charting. The clomid is all that is making me O (from what I understand) Before I starting taking these retched drugs I hadn't had a cycle in nearly 9 months. (ironic huh?)
#15 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, yes, now i remember. Ok... so how is your chart looking? Are you GIOing everyday or everyother day? ( can you tell I'm avoiding all my tasks for the day by asking you one million questions? ) Are the docs doing any US tomake sure the clomid is making you O?

#16 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Joi

Well, so far every other day (tonight may be different) and I have an appointment in 15 days. My charting is looking good, I suppose. I hope that I am not keeping you from your chores.
#17 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

nah, you aren't keeping me from my chores, I'm only giving myself 10 more minutes on line anyway.. as soon as "car talk " is over Ry is going to want the computer.

Can youpost your chart?? So in 15 days, they will see if you have Oed? Jeeez, you could be pregnant by then!! :

#18 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Joi

I know I know..... I am planning on having a talk with her soon. If not finding a new doc. oh and here is my chart...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/
#19 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

That is not your chart my dear... you have to post your home page. I think there are directions in another thread on the ttc....

#20 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Joi

Phone call gotta run
#21 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 04:20 PM

subscribing!
Welcome Brook!
#22 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 05:13 PM

Subscribing...

Welcome Brook!
So sorry 'bout af Korin, Heve, and Alexis. I was so KHA for you three...

Tofumama -- Congrats!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#23 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 05:16 PM

Well, I'm still spotting here and there. Spotting starting 5 DPO can't be a good thing . . .can't wait 'til our insurance starts!

My mom (we live with her, and I stupidly told her about my charting) told me that I "should just let it happen naturally." Personally, I don't feel there's anything unnatural about charting. So, I told her the whole reason I started is because I suspect I have a problem and won't be able to get PG w/o medical intervention. I will feel SO much better going to the doctor/MW and handing them charts which will clearly narrow down my issue.

Speaking of which, can I go to a midwife instead of a gyn for a luteal phase problem? That's what I'd prefer . . .

We need some more BFP around here! I'm KHA for all of you in the 2 WW.

Edited to add . . . OHHHH, I didn't know you could get progesterone cream OTC!!!!!!!!! Wow . . .maybe I won't have to wait!

Also, Alexis, too bad about the fest. I'd love to see your henna, though! I thought about getting it done for my wedding, but since my dress (see a pic here ) was fairly traditional, I decided it wouldn't "go." Anyway, I'm sending you lotsa extra hugs right now about "her" visit.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#24 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 05:23 PM

Well, the fest was a bust.... but i did get a nice henna tat on my right hand (and am typing this w/ my left!!!!! u see how much i love you?)

M and i had 2 leave early, b/c we both got 2 sad....

Thanks 4 all the hugs everyone... I'm needing them right now...

back when my henna comes off!

BB!
#25 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Howdy...

Subscribing...

Busy....

Tired.....

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#26 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 07:19 PM

Congrats Tofu woohoo !
Anyone else ?
(((((((Super-size HUGS))))))) to all that need them.
I may have O'd ??? my temps are all up & I started temping mid-cycle so put me in the waiting to know.

I'll write more later.
I'm very fatigued now - chronic & severe soft-tissue pain.
It's getting hot/humid here in PA - waaaaayy too early.
That really puts my body under stress.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm ?????
I need to live in San Diego - my FAV ......

Shannon, my dogs are driving me crazy.
My 2 ding-bat boys ( 4 yr old litter mates) have seem to forget what little Obed they have had.
They require HARD correction & I'm soooo not up to it.
I have to walk them from the house to the yard since we have no outside door from the basement to the dogs area & they are so bad.
I guess the pinch collars are next. My new neighbors must think i'm some kinda nut as i try to correct them w/ reg. chokes whille yelling NO -
ugh.....

I MISS CHATTING WITH ALL OF YOU !!

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#27 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 08:02 PM

hi all!!
big hugs to all who have been visited. . .

i am at cd16 and in full fertile mode, which is good, except the deal i made w/dh was that we wouldn't start trying until june, so it looks like i won't get a chance to catch an egg until the end of june or the beginning of july. so i can't decide if i want to hurry up and o so that my next cycle will roll around earlier, or hold off o'ing for another 9 days, which seems unlikely, so that i can go for my next egg right away. not that i have much control over it

i can't wait to get in the thick of it with y'all. . .
#28 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 08:17 PM

happypants -- well, it's nearly June!

Brook

Des -- yay for Oing!

Elena -- the henna isn't so great either The pattern on the back of my hand just looks sloppy (but the one on my palm looks nice). At least it was cheap-cheap-cheap!

Shannon -- sorry, hon. Riverdale is out. We looked at the map and it would lengthen M's commute... not good!

Well, I am still having a kinda rough time, but it's coming and going... I'm just trying to deal as well as I can. Poor M -- at first this morning, I didn't think it bothered him (like I said, he just said, "Well, we didn't GIO at the right time, so this makes sense") but then as we were leaving the fest, I turned to him and said, "I'm sad" and he said, "me too." And then said he had gotten his hopes up, too.

The false unicorn tincture came in to the HFS, so I'll be starting that soon. And I'm thinking the progesterone cream may be another way to go...

On the topic of stupid things other people say ( Elena): my mom says I should stop talking about the whole process of TTC. She thinks it should be private between M and I. (Something about about how you sow the seed in the dark or something? Really silly metaphor there...) Whatever. I don't think I could deal with this if I didn't have you guys (and my LJ).

Belly Blessings

(And come on! Let's get a BFP this week!)
#29 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 08:20 PM

BTW, Elena, those were great wedding pics I love me some RED bridesmaids dresses! (My sister wore a red Chinese dress to my wedding ) I wish I'd had the guts to wear a red or purple dress instead of white...
#30 of 486 Old 05-23-2004, 08:58 PM

Hi all,
Polka, I'm all about the pinch collar Used correctly and fitted correctly it's far more humane than a choke any day. And don't even get me started on Haltis. There are finally some vets speaking out against these ever so humane gadgets that put the dog into submission the entire time they are on and are causing multitudes of neck problems in young dogs. I veterinary neuroligist I used to work with said he now does more neck surgery on goldens and labs than he does on Dobes and Danes because of haltis causing whiplash type injuries. Years ago I had a vet I hated tell me that horses were trained with halters. I told him, NO horses are LED with halters, horses are TRAINED with a piece of metal in their mouth and a pair of boots on their sides. rant over

Alexis, yes Riverdale would add to the comute, too bad, it was only $700 a month. Sorry about AF

I'm in a pissy mood, what would you do:Steve and I have a constant problem with him playing video games, it's much less now, but basically he gets in to them and doesn't notice the world going on around him. So I layed down on the couch this afternoon, I feel like hell and had a headache and hadn't slept in days. He usually gets up at 3:00, but he once again didn't set his alarm (also a problem, I don't feel I should HAVE to wake a grown man) So he woke up apparently at 5:30, claims he wanted to let me sleep. I wake up at 7:10 with Havoc begging me to let him out--he had to have been begging the awake person for a good hour before he'd have woken me. So I jump up, he's playing video games, he has not taken anything out for dinner, he has not showered, he has not made his lunch and there are 2 puddles and pile right there in the livingroom only feet away from him and his damn computer!!!!!!!!!!
I've been over it with him a hundred times, I don't mind if you play them, but after the other stuff is done (he is the apitomy of lazy quite often). Initially when I got up I said why didn't you wake me, he replied with, I know you haven't been sleeping and wanted to do something nice for you. I get the feeling that no, he knew I was asleep adn could buy himself 2 hours of video game without me bitching at him. I mean he leaves for work at 9:15--when did he think dinner would be made--would he actually die if he were to do something towards making dinner--like even something so simple as taking some chicken out of the freezer???? I sent him out to get takeout while I cleaned the big mess. As he was leaving I said to him--not to start a fight, but this is exactly the thing that pisses me off, letting me sleep would only have been a nice thing to do if you didn't let the house fall down around you while you did it.
You know???
Anyway, what would you do, I'll check back after he leaves for work, after all, I don't want to give him a card to play by him coming home to me on the computer!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page