Should we TTC now or wait a couple months? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 05-12-2015, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should we TTC now or wait a couple months?

I know this seems silly but I just need to reach out and get some others thoughts on this!
We have a trip to Europe coming up at the end of July, and we thought about TTC starting then, how romantic :relaxed:
But I am just super impatient! And I'm so excited that I would love to start now instead of waiting. I am also aware that there's a good chance it will take a few months (or more) to actually be successful. I'm a bit nervous that if it does happen right away I will be experiencing some symptoms and not be able to enjoy the trip. That's if by some chance it does happen super easily and soon.
I guess I was thinking that if we just stopped preventing now we would just be able to enjoy it and have fun and not be worried about working around my ovulation cycle, CM, etc.
We originally planned on trying come Sept. for a summer babe - but since we are taking this great trip we thought the heck with it, we will start then!
I'm 32 with 28 day cycles, been off the pill for almost a year and have been charting most of that year up until recently (the temping was stressing me out!) and all looks well!
Any well wishes or thoughts are most welcome. And I know this can be seen as really silly and not important to some but I figured if reach out anyway.
Thanks so much XOXOXO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-12-2015, 01:15 PM

My DH and I had the same thoughts before a trip to Mexico this January, we decided to just stop preventing a few months before instead of TTC. However, now it's May and we have been trying since January and I almost wish we started TTC earlier, as it's taking longer than I had hoped (wish I would have known more about TTC and statistics etc before).

It sounds like you are very aware of your cycle though and have been charting which is great. So you have a lot of that awareness already. I definitely say enjoy this period in your relationship and if it happens it happens, if not you can start actively trying once you go on your trip!
#3 of 7 Old 05-12-2015, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I would wait. I would definitely not want to be worrying about morning sickness or having a glass of wine while on vacation.
We're planning on "not trying not to" get pregnant next year after our Disney trip. I want to have one last hurrah as a family of 3 before changing everything. We got pregnant with our dd right after our vacation after trying for 3 mos, I think your chances go up on vacation because your relaxed GL!
#4 of 7 Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I would wait. I spent the last week of my honeymoon flattened by morning sickness and then had to fly home (30hrs). Not fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#5 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you guys! I really appreciate your thoughts on this :relaxed:
That's my greatest fear is being utterly miserable on this trip because this is our first and I have no idea how my body is going to be adjusting to pregnancy!
We did come up with a little compromise - start at the tail end of June just for fun, no pressure and go from there. If I happened to get pregnant I would only be about 3 weeks going on the trip - too early to have major symptoms (hopefully!).
Am I being super niave about that??
Thanks again!
#6 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
My morning sickness started at 5.5 weeks for both, which is fairly normal. It depends how long the trip is but, yes, you could well have symptoms if you were 3 weeks when you started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#7 of 7 Old 05-14-2015, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Good to know!!!! Maybe best to hold off ...good thing this trip is a good distraction!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page