Mothering Forum banner

~*~The TTC One Thread~*~ June - 2015

6K views 103 replies 18 participants last post by  Oceanspray 
#1 · (Edited)
~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~ June 2015

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
June2015

Posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in BOLD.

:W Waiting to O :W
Waterwoman4
grisandole
naturelady
Rosehip
MegaMama1
AspenForest
MySweetLife

:scratch Waiting to Know (2WW) :scratch
mkgarcia023
Oceanspray
peebs
MomtoRyan

:confused WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! :confused

:idea Waiting to be Ready :idea
AspenForest
Perrylynn
tiny tina
Annaconda

:joyBig congrats to you all! :joy

2015 BFP's

July BFP's :heartbeat
TwilightJoy

June BFP's :heartbeat
Piskito

May BFP's :heartbeat
itybitywity

Veritas Vitae
Crimson8

April BFP's :heartbeat
Mamadance84

March BFP's :heartbeat
stardogs
Teles
jaimezee

February BFP's :heartbeat
bright-midnight

January BFP's :heartbeat
dahlia810

2014 BFP's
December BFP's :heartbeat
quantumleap
mamalovehm
MoonWomb
Laura Ion
deannanmc

November BFP's :heartbeat
blissful_maia
ultrafighter

October BFP's :heartbeat
Melinda1980
JennyT
Kahleesi
skinnyloveBC
perkier

September BFP's :heartbeat
FyerFly

August BFP's :heartbeat
AntoninBeGonin
clarwyn

July BFP's :heartbeat
MakeItSew
HappyMama2013

June BFP's :heartbeat
jenjy
alivewithyou
bren94
EdenAurora

See less See more
#2 ·
Busy times IRL for everyone with beginning of summer!

Piskito- How are you feeling? When will your fertile window be this time around? Hoping you've found some down time in this early part of your cycle!

Nature Lady- How are you feeling? Do you think you BD with good timing? How many DPO are you?

Peebs- How are you doing? I hate the first few days of 2WW the most!! Hoping you are able to relax!

Grisandole- Have you O'd yet? Anxious to hear what you decided as far as tracking goes!

OceanSpray- How are you doing?

AFM- 8DPO attributing most of my symptoms so far to lots of progesterone from the 4-5 follies. DW and I just go back and forth from being scared we aren't PG, to being scared we are PG with too many. Temp is on the rise, but with it being summer here, and having a crowded bed with fur babies, I'm not sure how accurate I am. Eating lots and sore BBs the last two days, but sometimes that's normal for me on a non TTC cycle. Trying to hold off testing until Thursday. Baby dust to all!

:dust :-wool

#3 ·
Hi @MySweetLife! The last week of the 2ww is always confusing to me too. Hang on and lots of baby dust to you... but not too much... lol

AFM, cm and cp tell me I'm entering my fertile window. From my previous cycles, ovulation should occur around CD13, which will be thursday. The problem is, with DH schedule, my work and 2 kids in the house (that don't take naps anymore....), we might not be able to BD close to the most fertile days. But I'm trying to take it easy. Since january I've been disapointed every cycle and all this stress is making me tired, so let's see. Again, another cycle that I'm not putting much faith into.

Good luck to everyone!

#4 ·
Back in the fray!!

Could I be added to Waiting to be ready?

Just made my apt to get the IUD out later this month... we'll be TTC in August! Woohoo!

Baby #2 attempt. My DS just turned 4 and is awesome. Excited to be back here :grin::grin::grin:

#6 ·
Welcome back AnnaConda! Got you put under Waiting to be Ready! Congrats on being back on the TTC wagon!!!

#7 ·
Had my HSG test today...... OMG painful! Everyone there said it doesn't hurt or only some mild cramping. Ya OK. They did find a small defect at the beginning of my left tube. He thinks it could be that my tube is twisted a little. Probably why I had so much pain. That's where all the cramping is now also. They did tell me that for the next 3 months I will have a 15% high chance of pregnancy! So hopefully I can get my IUI scheduled and it takes!! Thanks for reading :)

#8 ·
Hi all!

Fingers crossed MySweetLife!

As for me, I had my IUD out May 19th, then all sorts of spotting off ensued and was I totally confused. But I got my period for real (ugh, I'd forgotten how insanely heavy it is - planning my whole day around bathrooms - for SEVEN days) May 30th, so fingers crossed I'll be ovulating in the next several days. I've been using GLOW and temping & tracking CM, etc., so hopefully even if I don't get lucky this month, I'll have a good handle on my cycle. It's been 9 years since I TTC and more than a year since I got my IUD & paid the slightest attention to my cycle.

Oh, I guess that makes me "Waiting to O!"

Our schedules are strange and BF has been sick, but hopefully we'll get a good bit of action in this cycle! If I'm calculating correctly, during my next fertile period I'll be traveling - will meet up with BF for a few days during the trip, possibly at the right time, but will probably be sharing a room with the kids & a house with snoopy, insomniac relatives which will put a damper on the romance!

#11 ·
@2moms15 I didn't even know what an HSG test was, but now I want one! :)

Howdy @annaconda !
@MySweetLife thanks for asking I have been so busy I haven't really been waiting during my 2WW at all! Felt like we hit good BD times this month but I haven't really done any of the luteal phase support I would like to be doing, like fertility yoga and eating pineapple - you know, the things that may not make a bit of difference but make you feel good anyway? On the one hand I worry me and DH are too stressed out right now to conceive and on the other hand a watched pot never boils, right?

#12 ·
Lots happening right now! Hooray! :dust

2moms- I'm so sorry yours was so uncomfortable! I agree with OceanSpray, maybe the twisted tube had something to do with it. Hoping the pain was worth it and it aids in your fertility this time!

Piskito- Hoping your timing worked/works out this time! Isn't if funny how much life can get in the way of these things?? The timing is always the most stressful part for me. I know you've had a rough road lately, hoping this cycle feels better!

Peebs- Busy and not worried about it is probably the BEST thing! Ha! You know how it goes, people that aren't trying always get pregnant during the worst possible circumstances, hopefully you are just simulating that! hehe psyching your body out! Hoping for good news for you soon!

Oceanspray- Good luck with timing! Remind me tomorrow to move you to "Waiting to Know"!! lots of baby dust and swimmer power to you!

MegaMama1- Welcome, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of love and good healthy sticky vibes to you. Missing cycles is so super frustrating, happy you are back in the ring! When do you think you'll O?

AFM- Man, this 2WW has been brutal. I was truly expecting a good temp spike today, and got a mild dip instead. Trying to remind myself that temping is more for tracking O and less for predicting pregnancy, and that there is SO MUCH that can affect it, but still, feeling kind of down and out today. Felt really odd yesterday, the worst heartburn EVER and almost no appetite. I remember not having much of an appetite with my m/c in 2010, but hard to tell if it was just something I ate that didn't agree with me. Anxious to test tomorrow for sure. DW really doesn't know what to expect with this being her first time around, so.... anywho, 10DPO, hoping I'm at the tail end of no man's land.

:broc <-- just because.

#15 ·
Oceanspray-I thought about that too, here's hoping. I had a nice dip at 6DPO, and then up again, so I was hoping for that big jump today. I'll see what tomorrow holds! Thanks for the reminder!

MegaMama1- I was usually only behind a little after my m/c's but they were all pretty early save one. I've read that it depends on how much hCG you have, and at what point it's all gone, then the cycle kind of hits the restart. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. Hoping it will happen sooner rather than later!

#14 ·
@MySweetLife, Not a clue, which makes it harder. My cycles are normally pretty consistent, but an m/c can throw a cycle off for quite a while. I'm hoping my body thinks this was AF and O in a couple of weeks, but it could be a couple of months.

We were "not preventing" from Sept-Feb while DH was OTR and TTC in Feb and April, then m/c. So it feels like a long road, even though not as long as many others. Hoping you figure things out soon.

#16 ·
@MegaMama1 - I am sorry for your loss. that is a tough high and then low to go through with a blighted ovum. I have had several chemical/miscarriages, which is a bit different. However, my cycle, which is always regular, would always "re-set" itself to balance out almost back to where it was. For example, if my mc was 3 days after my expected AF had I not been pregnant, my ovulation would be a bit early (by a day or two) and then my next cycle would seem to start a day early again. That would take me almost back to my original cycle schedule. I don't know if it is the same with greater amounts of HCG as MSL mentioned, but I think there may be a regulating effect either way, even if you do have to wait a bit. I cannot see why you would get another AF first and then ovulate (makes no sense), or why it would take months for your body to re-cycle back to ovulate. If you had surgery it may be a bit different.

I hope it is quick for you!!
@MySweetLife: I know I shouldn't say it but it won't change what is happening in your body anyway: remember how you had 3 follicles? Well, would you be surprised if you had two implantations? Mind you, this only happens once in a while, but it does happen. Either way, I just hope it is good news for you! :)

#17 ·
Temp plummeted this morning and BFN. Still early at 11dpo, but feeling like I should have pushed harder for the progesterone supplements. If we can't get PG with a 25mm, 21mm, 18mm, and two 15mm, then I don't really know where to go from here.

#18 ·
Shoot @MySweetLife; a big temp drop doesn't sound good. I am sorry. But keep the hope. There are places to go from here - but more expensive.... the reality is that you don't know what those little eggs inside were like for quality - it doesn't mean there aren't healthy ones out there, but maybe not in this group. Did you do any progesterone supplement? Will you ask for bloodwork to test the levels just to see if it is an issue? :hug

#19 ·
Back to the drawing board for me. Bleeding and cramping. I guess an 11 day luteal phase doesn't leave enough time for good implantation no matter how many follies.

Oceanspray- I asked for progesterone supplementation twice, and sort of got blown off both times because I had responded so well to the clomid and I guess the thinking is that 5 corpus luteums pumping out progesterone would treat any possible progesterone related luteal phase defect. It will be a for sure in depth conversation this next time around.

#20 ·
@2moms15 Sorry to hear you HSG was painful. That is good news though that it ups your chances that much for 3 months. I will be getting an HSG in February right before I start trying to concieve. I will also be doing an IUI. I hope you get your BFP.

@Piskito Goodluck!

@annaconda Welcome!

@Rosehip Goodluck!

@MegaMama1 Im sorry to hear about your loss. I hope everything works out for you this cycle and you get yourself a sticky bean. Wishing you lots of babydust!

@MySweetLife Sorry to hear that this cycle didnt work out for you. Fx that next cycle you will get your BFP.

@Oceanspray Goodluck!

@tinytina I hope everything is going well with you and your Husband.

AFM I went to see A RE and Infertility doctor on Monday. She is going to help me with my PCOS and trying to conceive in the future. I originally was going to do an ICI at home to be able to have more Back to Back attempts but she let me know that was unlikely to work for me. My tests show I do not ovulate on my own. So for Now I will continue trying to get healthier. I got to get rid of one pill though lol. I no longer take Vitex because she told me I didnt need it. I now take a higher dose of Metformin. I take two 750mg pills at night with dinner. I also still take Birth Control, B12, 3000 Ius of Vitamin D and a Prenatal. I will continue on Birth Control until March when I have my first IUI attempt. In February I will be having an HSG. I am so excited that she has went over plans with me. She even gave me a page already showing everything she will be doing step by step with The IUI. She Plans on using Letrozole 2.5 instead of Clomid and I will be taking Cycle days 3-7. Before I start the Letrozole she will do ultrasounds and test to make sure everthing is going ok. I will also be using a trigger shot of HCG 20k before Insemination. They check for your Progesterone to get to > or equal to 2.0 before they inseminate. Then I will have to take Progesterone and Estradol afterwards. I am very excited that she went into so much detail with me when there is still a while left before I begin. Any one that Has done an IUI, Was yours similar? I will also be being a single mom and using Donor Sperm. Sorry for the book lol. I was just so excited.

#21 ·
@MySweetLife, I'm sorry.

@Oceanspray, I guess I went ahead of you, because according to my chart, I ovulated tuesday :grin: Our timing wasn't great, still. Last BD was 2 days before, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Put me on waiting to know, please.

We'll be going on vacations next week, I'm hoping to just relax and forget a little about this 2ww thing.

Good luck to all of you :wink:

#22 ·
Blood draw next Friday to confirm ovulation. Then another consult with the Dr. I am so nervous about it. After finding out I have a titled uterus and a twisted tube.... Just makes me wonder what my chances are. I know I'm young (26) and all that blah blah blah. Just trying to stay relaxed. What do you guys do to "try" and stay relaxed through all this?

#23 ·
Sorry @MySweetLife. :( I hope you enjoyed that stiff drink - I usually have one after a disappointment - maybe while watching a bit of the Women's World Cup on TV?!

An as aside, I would be concerned about your 11 day luteal phase, also. If you don't get the support you need, read and ask around. If it is a case of your Dr being insufficiently knowledgeable, better to know now. (not that I am saying that's the case, but you have to be your greatest advocate throughout!!).
@Perrylynn - that is great that you are planning so far ahead - that means that you won't have to wait once you are ready like many people do, for additional testing and so on. Good on you for being a SMBC! It is certainly doable and manageable and even easier in some cases!! ;)
@Piskito, I think 2 days before O is just fine - there is too much made about exact timing and so on, but unless you know your partner's sperm is weak or won't live long, 2-3 days ahead for those millions of little ones is more than enough. You never know which one will make it, and it may be the one that hangs out for a few days first, then gets the egg as soon as you ovulate, right away! ;) Sperm can live up to 5 days, though not all of them will. I like to picture it happening sometimes, kind of entertaining. FX for you!
@2moms15: It is different every time - but I do things that take me away from focussing on being careful and instead try to be as physically active as I can, be as social as possible, try new things, get involved in a good book that doesn't let me think too much, take up a fitness program/running/walking/biking that increases your positive energy and endorphins, go out and enjoy something in the arts community (theatre, music, etc), undertake a new garden project, learn to cross country ski, do some meditation or yoga or both.... you get the idea. Mainly, I find that doing something that increases my endorphins (physical and rewarding and positive) is the best thing I can do because it also beats the blues and increases your health for the next cycle. Good luck staying relaxed.

#25 ·
@Oceanspray my boy is 5 and my girl is 3 :smile: At this age travelling and vacations are easier, and the kids enjoy the trips. When they were babies we had to take our house with us! LOL With the stroller, diapers, baby food... Now the worst is when they get sick and throw up and when they have to pee :grin:
In times like this I think I must be crazy to want to have another baby and start all over again with this, but... it's worth it! :wink:
We'll be going to the beach and visiting some relatives that live nearby. Also, we'll be in an aparthotel, so no cleaning! In fact, anywhere away from here is great, and the four of us really need the break... Just walking around, playing in the sand, eating good food (fresh fish, yum), visiting a dinossaur museum (the kids are going to love this one), enjoying the sun...
Ah well, let me get everything prepared... DH managed somehow to get the kids asleep for a nap! :grin:

#27 ·
Sorry mysweetlife:(

Have fun piskito!

So, after immediately jumping to the worst case scenario (sudden early menopause at age 38, 'cause why not?), seems like I'll ovulate tomorrow going by CM and ovulation tests:) So that's good.

Unfortunately, my BF is sick, sick, sick right now, so no getting frisky since yesterday (and the day before), which should put me two days prior to O. So, perhaps a chance, but I know timing is everything at my age, so not getting too excited. If I don't get lucky this cycle, we'll be able to try again in August, as we likely won't be together while fertile in July. So, we'll see!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.