The One Thread - May 30 to June 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The one Thread - May 23th - 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Sunday! Time for a new thread...
As always PM me if you need to be switched!

Waiting to O:

*Abigail
*Alexis (alexisyael)
*Amara (wawoof)
*Amy (StoneFence)
*Amy (saturnine25)
*Anne (bamboogrrrl)
*Anne-Marie (starfairy)
*Brook (mamabee)
*Christina (becca's mama)
*Des (polka123)
*Dre
*Elena (Mizelenius)
*Erika (MamanFrançaise)
*Jamie (djsgirl517)
*Jenny (Ellie's Mom)
*Johanna
*Joi (angstmommy)
*Kara (k4kara)
*Karen (roseangel)
*Kate (KateSt.)
*KatyBerisford
*Korin (chiromama)
*Kylie (luvmy3boyz)
*L'Nayim (waiting4baby)
*Marie (Marie-c)
*Mandy (freethinker)
*Patti (Shakti)
*Sarah (glitterbits)
*Sara (mamaharsh)
*Vicki (doulamomvicki)

Waiting to know (New -- date is what day Af *would* be due. PM me if you want yours added):

*Abylite
*Adina
*Astrid
*Christine (Sweetc a.k.a. xine)
*Danielle (Dani76)6/5
*Denise (mama2m&m) 6/13
*Denise (Mssisko)
*Erin (Happypants) 6/8
*Gonnabeamom
*Heather (kyle98sean02)
*heveasoul 6/16
*Jelaine (dabunnytoo)
*Jenn (firefly)
*KC (TchrGrrl)
*Kimberly (puddingpop) 5/27
*Laurel
*Lili (lilirose)
*Lydia (chemigogo)
*Marie (Marie-c) 5/30
*Megan (amara's mom) 6/13
*Molly (mimim)
*Muse
*nannymom
*Ninafel
*Pamela (fairymama)
*Periwinkle
*Rose (Weetzie)
*Sarah (glitterbits333)
*Serenity
*Sarah (mamtoady) 6/5
*Stephanie (dandylion)
*Tanya (Snow Cherries)
*Tara (tarablesue)
*Velveteen
*Zig (6/1)

LLL (limbo land ladies)

*Lisa (lisabc311)

LWNEH (Ladies Who Need Extra Hugs, due to a recent m/c)

*Gonnabeamom
*LisaG
*Tara
*Jesse
*Kama
*Pamela (Scootermama1)
*Ravenmoon
*Coleslaw

Waiting to be ready:

*Anna (annakiss)
*farmlife3
*jodi (squeakermansmom)
*Kathy (kathywiehl)
*Keri (coleslaw)
*Kristie (milkymommi)
*Laura (Justice2)
*MamaBee
*Pamela (Scootermama1)
*Shaughn (maybemom05)
*Tanya (Teensy)

May BFPs:
*Mary (Bunches)
*Laura (sweetpeasmom)
*Julie (tofumama)
*Shannon (shannon0218)
*Tracie (peacefulvegan)
*Lesley (lesleyluu)
*Kitty (HelloKitty)

June BFPs:
*Heather (Parker'smommy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 10:38 AM

Subcribing. Wow Denise, I think this is the earliest new thread yet!!!
Well, I need to get off my ass and get busy, I have to go help my neighbor move.
#3 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

well my big jobs today are balance the checkbook and investigate if we have any tax $ left yet and go shopping at ikea or target for storage solutions. so i was afraid i'd run off and forget LOL!

good luck with the move!
#4 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 11:05 AM

Welcome to all the new TTCers! elcome

My puppy craps all over the floor. He's 3 months old now and I will take pics for you guys as soon as I can get my sister's digi cam.

I haven't retested and I refuse to until Wednesday. LOL I can't for sure until Monday though, cause I'm broke. But NOT till Wednesday! LOL

I hate working. Not because I hate my job but because I'd just rather be home. Plus it totally screwed up my temps for this weekend. But if they're at all accurate then I am soooo not pregnant. Which right now, with this puppy, I wouldn't mind waiting a few months. Oh who am I kidding, no I wouldn't.

Sorry about the reboots. Sheeeeeeesh. There were supposed to be so many BFP's.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#5 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 11:25 AM

Congrats on the new puppy, Erika! : I can't wait to get another dog. I have to wait til our 4 cats have lived out their lives, though. They're only 9 yrs. old, so it could be a long while! I'm a dog person, dh is a cat person.

Anybody else think I should test tomorrow morning? I'm either 8 dpo or 12dpo with no signs of anything. No PMS and no pregnancy symptoms. Before I started charting, I would have considered myself atleast 3 days late by now. Whattaya think?

Tracie (wondering where AF is)
#6 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 11:53 AM

New here!!!

Can I join you guys? DH and I just talked about TTC last night and he said that by the end of the summer he'll be ready to start. I'm ready NOW but I can wait another 2 months if I need to!!!

I tried to do some research on things I can do before we officially start trying, but I got sooo confused. Any tried and true herbs that will help? I'm slightly worried about early menopause- my mom was 32 and I'm almost 30 right now. Hopefully can still get pg!
#7 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 12:20 PM

Welcome Kathy - this is a great group !!

ugh - I'm tired today.
blech - too much to do.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#8 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 01:42 PM

Hi Ladies. Welcome to the newcomers.

Subscribing...

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#9 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 01:48 PM

Hi All!!

Don't have long (again!!)...sneaking in a moment to check up on everyone and post (my mom's in town and I've already spent a long time looking after some chores and getting myself ready while she hangs out downstairs, waiting till we go out for a walk...)

Welcome Jodi, Rose, and Kathy!! May your stays here be short but sweet...!!

Velvet, I'm still KHA...no red yet, right?

Shannon, I'm so psyched for you - !!! : Sorry about the pain, though... And as it turned out, I did get some last night, !

Still KHA for Lesley, to!

Question: I can't find my Mother of Preg book, and my TCOYF is out on loan to a friend...What are the family history questions they ask during a fertility workup? While my mom's in town, I want to get some info for my appt on Tuesday with Shannon's my GYN...tia!!

everyone!!
#10 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 02:07 PM

Welcome to all the new ladies! I dont post much because it takes me so long just to read, I run out of time...
Velveteen I hope you feel better. Shannon, have you ever tried Reiki for your RA...it can work really weel for inflammation stuff. I do it often on dh because he hurts his ankles playing basket ball a lot and it worked beautifully on my mom's face when she had a tooth abscess and her cheek was the size of an orange. The swelling went down almost completely in one session. Steve could learn with you and do it on you when you have to much pain to do it yourself....just a thought.
I'm at cd19 and not sure if I've o\d yet. Recently cd 20 has been o day. But my success story is that I managed to get dh to gio on cd12,14,16 and 19. Between travel, fatigue etc, this does not happen very often and I sometimes wonder if we're not pregnant simply because of not enough gio...Plus I notice that we get along so much better when we gio regularly. I really need to make more of an effort to keep it going.
Getting a little anxious about two things. One is separation anxiety from my students (I love them!) and the other is I got a phone call from some friends (more friends of dh's but by extension, my friends too) who are coming up to visit. They have a 21 months old boy and she's 6 months pregnant. They complained to us that it took them "so long" to get pregnant the first time (4 months!) and they got pregnant with #2 before they even tried (they were just talking about it)....I'm worried that I wont be able to be very nice to them. To be honest, I even have a hard time feeling happy for them because they complain about their lives all the time.
#11 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 02:10 PM

Hello All - Sorry I've been hiding. I've had a pity party the last few days and felt much, much better!!

Welcome to all new subscribers - I found that Taking Control of Your Fertility (TCOYF) was a big help, as well as a basal thermometer. As for herbs, you might want to get more advice from the knowledgeable ladies here!

Lesley, Shannon, Velvet - I'm KHA for all of you! :

Oh my gosh, I am busy for a few days and miss all the lovely discussion about boobie size!! Yes, D size is considered "above average" in North America Katy. A bit bigger than that and one has to get special order bras!

I've been refusing to temp for the last few days after last month's dissapointment, but I will be better from now on!! I'll keep my temps when dh and I leave for vacation on Saturday and post when I get back.
#12 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 02:42 PM

hi, just checkin in.
wish i could keep up w/everybody.
good luck to all who are getting ready for a new cycle!
#13 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 02:42 PM

Subscribing
#14 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 02:43 PM

Hi everyone...
I'm still Waiting to Know. And new news: I'm either 13DPO like I previously thought or 5DPO now, depending on what FF is doing to my chart. : FF adjusted O date by a week. Argh. Either way, BD within decent range before O.

Originally, everyone (meaning me and FF) thought I O'd on CD 18. But then I had a couple of temps below coverline and another patch of C and EWCM. Then ANOTHER temp spike.... so FF now thinks I O'd on CD 25. I dunno. At first, I was thinking, oooh nice triphasic temps! but now I think maybe FF is right.

to everyone in need
#15 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 02:47 PM

I am subscribing, but add me to the waiting to be ready list. Still recovering from m/c. My 2-yr of TTC anniversary is coming up and I get torn between taking a break and not letting an opportunities pass us by. I want to let at least 1 cycle go by. My original plan was wait until after the end of year holidays, but who knows.

It is good to be back with friends, though, despite the circumstances.
#16 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 02:50 PM

Keri, welcome back, but I wish you weren't here.
I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to come back and join us even before you start again.
#17 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Banned

Can i be re-added please ?

I am in shock, because i just got my second ever really positive opk on cd ELEVEN!!! Last month was the first positive, and it was i think cd 17. I am a nursing mama, btw, so i think that has been inhibiting fertility somewhat for me. These positives are very encouraging though. Should i be encouraged by them, or do they mean nothing? The prior four mos i was taking opk, i got very inconclusive, def not positive results.
#18 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 04:01 PM

Welcome back Chemigogo!!!!
#19 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 04:33 PM

Marie- Are these people going to be staying at your house? If not, it could be bearable. If they are planning on staying, I would talk to DH and have him call and let them know it's not a good time. You might be able to deal with it fine, but since they are not really that close to you and the woman is a complainer on top of it all, I would just pass.
I think I'm in the wating to know phase. I typically O CD20 with AF on day 34. Last Sunday, CD15, I had huge amounts of EWCM and also the next day. For some reason, since it was early, I didn't use the Ocutel, so don't know if I ferned or not. As the week went on the EWCM dried up. Sooooo, I am assuming I O'd.
Here's my attempt at a sex tip. Really it's DH's. I mentioned the difficulty some ladies have with getting hubby to GIO at the right time. My DH piped up that quasi-deprivation the rest of the month might just do the trick . Really, he doesn't have it that bad
Pamela
#20 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 04:34 PM

Hi all, subscribing.
Still no AF. No crampiness either. Cramps were brief this morning. I have used so many tests that I don't feel good about buying more. but I'm losing my mind.

No labs open until Tuesday, so no blood test until then.

No signs of pregnancy or AF.

No real clearcut idea of when I O'ed. FF says CD 15 on research, CD 20 on advanced. I think it may have been CD 17. So I'm 12 DPO, 7 DPO, or 10 DPO. It could be 6 more days, potentially, until my period comes, at which point I'll be completely whaite-haired and drooling on myself.

Must. Have. Chocolate.
#21 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 06:11 PM

Welcome to the newest members of our group! Hope your stay is short, but sweet. I had an implantation dream last night, that I had tons of blood-streaked ewcm. Hopefully it's a sign. I'll take anything at this point.

So there was this crazy lady in my store yesterday with her misbehavin' daughter. This little girl "monster" was screaming, pulling other little girls' hair, spitting at an associate, hitting us. She smacked her little sister in the face with a hanger. I tried to help her quickly, so she could leave, but she seemed unaware of the havoc that her daughter was creating. The mother said her DD was tired. I told her that I was tired as well, and maybe they needed to take a little break (as they had been in the store for 2 hours). After the 5th time of me telling her dd in the most assertive, but appropriate voice to not come behind the register, her mother told me that it wasn't her responsibility that the registers weren't working and she had been here so long. I informed her that the registers were working fine, that she was welcome to call and file a complaint if she felt as though she didn't have a positive shopping experience, and lastly that her daughter was her responsibility.

She made my associate cry!!!

The "crazy" came back later and told an associate that I threatened her and I hit her dd. Ummm...she hit me. Sorry, I had to vent.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#22 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Hi ladies!!!! . I have bee so super busy that I sort of lost the thread last week, and didn't have a chance to catch up.

The shakespeare festival has started and I am super duper busy. Blech.

And super duper tired.

Could you move me over to 2ww land pretty please?? I am pretty sure I o'ed 4 days ago. Too stressed about work to stress about anything else. And we only managed to have sex one time this cycle. Well twice - but once was just for fun.

So, 10 days left - no way I think we did it this cycle.

That's okay - I go into tech in 3 weeks. I don't have time to worry about it this cycle.

I miss you all! I will be around a bit more this week.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#23 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 06:47 PM

Hi Adina!

Well, remember that friend I was going to invite? Well, it seems she just got a BFP!! Woohoo! She's going to be confirming on Tuesday just in case.

I just can't keep up today. This puppy is driving me insane. It has the runs or something and I just cannot catch it in time before it craps all over my hardwood floors. YUCK! And ohhhhhhhh does his crap STINK! Shannon, have any housebreaking tips? I'm losing my mind here.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#24 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 09:00 PM

Erika, do you have a crate??
Puppy needs to be in the crate any time you are not right on top of him.
If he has the runs, take away food for 12 hrs, offer lots of water. He likely is just having a stress reaction. At that age, if you stay on top of him, he should be fairly reliable in a couple weeks.
#25 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 09:24 PM

dani76 -
I hate parents like that ............ it pi$$es me off so bad. THey also do it in the name of "Gentle Didcipline" - yea right - GD still does somewhat punish bad behaviour & reward the good but NOT DOING ANYTHING & THEN Blaming everyone else - ugh......................
I'm glad I don't do retail anymore.
I praise y'all for keeping it together.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#26 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
Erika, do you have a crate??
Puppy needs to be in the crate any time you are not right on top of him.
If he has the runs, take away food for 12 hrs, offer lots of water. He likely is just having a stress reaction. At that age, if you stay on top of him, he should be fairly reliable in a couple weeks.
You think some Kaopectate is in order also.
Yup, new puppers often get runs.
Are you feeding the same kibble they were feeding?

#27 of 465 Old 05-30-2004, 10:24 PM

I wouldn't bother unless he seems "sick", taking away the food should be enough. Gatorade or Pedialyte also helps in case he has become dehydrated.
If you've switched the kibble, mix half and half with white rice for 5 days, gradually removing the rice.
#28 of 465 Old 05-31-2004, 12:49 AM

I feel like I am getting ready to start at any time
#29 of 465 Old 05-31-2004, 01:13 AM

I'm not so bummed that AF is here. I'm just kinda worried that my LP is only 11 days! Or 10 days if you don't count today. Ugh. I hope this is just a fluke cycle and not a reoccuring thing.

I am KHA for everyone in the 2ww! I want to live vicariously through you guys!

Shannon, I don't have a crate. We have a small room that we block off at night with a doggy bed that he sleeps in. I heard it's much easier with a crate. Hmmm. Last night DH blocked off the hallway and he had quite a lot of room to roam in and crapped and peed everywhere. So we're limiting his space tonight hoping that he'll not want to crap in his sleeping area.

#30 of 465 Old 05-31-2004, 01:47 AM

Here's some puppy pics. He's such a sweetie. He has those sad eyes that make you feel so sorry for him! I think he misses his brother and mommy.

He had barely any human socialization so it's strange when you normally call a puppy they usually come happily to you but this dog just has no clue. LOL

We've been having some success with him tonight, though! He actually scratched at the door to go poop! Woohoo!

Oh and Bobby just didn't suit him so he's now known as Casey.

Puppy Pic 1
Puppy Pic 2
Puppy Pic 3
Puppy Pic 4
Puppy Pic 5

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page