Mothering Forum banner

Nursing Mamas TTC June 2015

4K views 78 replies 6 participants last post by  SoCaliMommy 
#1 · (Edited)
Nursing Mamas TTC August 2015

Please put all updates in bold. Please let me know if you'd like your chart linked in the first post!

Waiting to O
abrwilliams
Oceanspray
1babysmom
SocaliMommy

Waiting to Know - 2WW
BabySmurf

Waiting to Catch the First Postpartum Egg/ Waiting To Be Ready
RosemaryV

Recent BFPs

July 2015-
June 2015-itybitywity
April 2015 - maevankayt
March 2015 - waywornwanderer, LTurtle, tribal-mama, organicpapayamama, ascher21, typebug,
February 2015 - meeba, Chloe'sMama, TrishWSU
January 2015 - sarahl918, dahlia810
November 2014 - wassernixe, sraplayas
October 2014 - chicajones
August 2014 - wombjuice,Pennywhistle
July 2014 - Warriorcandy,HappyMama2013,
June 2014 - Potpie, iixivboots, luckiest
May 2014 - Writermama12
April 2014 - girlspn, apeydef, lmevans, .texasfarmom
March 2014 - Harmony96, 3lilchunklins
November 2013 - stretch358, wengrin, ericaf, piratemere
October 2013 - jenandadee, berrypavlova
September 2013 - sierramtngirl
August 2013 - Sunshinemama8, tantylynn, fishywishy, RosieL, tomtemama
July 2013 - tolovemercy
June 2013 - Sukhada, jaxz, Momma Michael, Earthmoma

Baby dust to everyone! :goodvibes

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey ladies, it's been a while!

I think I'm ovulating right now, but we'll see. I'm seed cycling for the first time this month so I'm not sure if that will affect things. I have had 2 more chemicals since the last time I posted on this thread though. :( Pretty discouraging after a while. I think that this month we may actually timed (have timed) things well, but I ovulated on my "tube-less" side so I never know if that will actually result in an egg or not, therefore I feel like I'm out already this month. Sucks.

#5 ·
Welcome @RosemaryV! Baby dust this cycle! You and I may be close in timing. I am also waiting to know (again). I have had one confirmed early mc since this thread got quiet. I am hoping this will be the healthy pregnancy cycle!

Thanks for picking this up again, @SoCaliMommy. I think you and I may be a couple of the only ones left from that huge group in the early winter who are pretty much all pregnant now.... I wish for a good cycle for you soon, also! By the way, where are you at in your cycles?
@1babysmom - I hope that little ovum gets out for you this time around. ;)

#6 ·
Welcome @RosemaryV I'll add you to the 2 ww. Hope this is your month.
@1babysmom Sorry you've had a few chemical pregnancies. :(
@Oceanspray I hope we bought get pregnant soon. I'm on cd2 Af started the other day. shockinlgy since even before we stopped nursing i'e been having on average 27/28 day cycles crazy since even pre kids it was always 35day cycles.

#7 ·
Oceanspray and SoCaliMommy, I hope this is your month too!

So it sounds like others have had the length of their cycles change when they started up again? I kept doubting my O day this cycle, because before pregnancy, my cycles were longer, with more cm days before O. I thought I would be returning to the same cycle I had pre-baby. Maybe it will be a whole new cycle to learn...

#8 · (Edited)
@RosemaryV: I have never thought a lot about it, but now that you mention it (and SoCaliMommy, also), my CM is way less than it was pre-last pregnancy. It is still there, but it was more obvious somehow before. My cycle also became a bit shorter, but not significantly - from around 30 days to around 29 days, give or take a half day. ;) I can't say that I tracked within 2 years of giving birth, though, so maybe it was even a bit shorter in the first PP years and then lengthened out a bit to become closer to my old "normal" again. I don't know, but it makes sense. I got PPAF at 13 months and it was regular right away. I hope you get a good handle on your new pattern soon.

ETA: RosemaryV do you monitor your cervical position/shape or temp in combination? If not, you might find that you find your ovulatory rhythm fairly quickly.

#9 · (Edited)
I just thought I would mention that it seems that itybitywity is pregnant (and still so, as of yesterday). I wouldn't normally say anything, but we have such a short little list up top where she is still listed, and she hasn't checked back since she shared her positive on another thread, that I don't mind saying so.

But, I am sure that a few others will join us soon again - plus it is a bit more personal with not too many people....

I meant to ask: @SoCaliMommy - how long has it been since you weaned (at least that is what I understand from your post)? I think your LO is close to the 2 year range? My memory is very fuzzy.... :) Did you decide to wean to help with ttc?

#11 ·
@Oceanspray- I honestly don't remember when they last time he nursed was but i want to say maybe sometime in Feb if not before that. I just kept distracting him and he stopped asking to nurse. He has recently came up to me randomly and asked to nurse and is fine when i say no and he will walk away and play with toys.
I didn't wean to help with ttc. I have secondary infertility issues aren't because of nursing. My 9yr old it took a little over 1yr of ttc and 2 back to back miscarriages and then with my youngest it took a litlte over 3 years and 1 miscarriage to get pregnant with.

#12 ·
@Oceanspray, okay it isn't just me with less CM then. I looked back at my old chart from the month we conceived our first LO, and there were about 5 heavy days of it. This time only 2 moderate ewcm days. Hopefully that is enough! I just learned how to check CP this cycle, and that is really exciting...a whole new set of signs to google and obsess over (something I excel at, when ttc). CP has remained high and closed since the evening of O day...I'm 3dpo now. Sounds promising...here's hoping!

#14 ·
I am officially 2dpo. Had a pretty obvious and painful ovulation this time. I tend to wonder if it's related to me having one tube, and if when that other tube reaches over to catch the opposite egg, it causes me more cramping (because I don't get it with EVERY ovulation and it tends to be when I get O pains on my tube-less side).

As always, hoping this is it...although I just found out my best friend (who I recently re-connected with) is expecting, about 5w along, and I am pretty terrified to be pregnant at the same time as friends, so that leaves me with mixed feelings.

#16 ·
@1babysmom - that is fascinating imagining your tube reaching over to catch/grab the ovum from the ovary that is producing. Really amazing what our bodies do. I have never had to think about it, but it makes perfect sense that our body would do that if need be.

Happy Birthday, too!! :) 30 is a big one! Good milestone. ;)
@RosemaryV: It is nice to feel lots of symptoms isn't it? I hope it is a good sigh for you.

I try not to rely much on them myself due to disappointments of early mcs that had super strong symptoms. Then, my successful pregnancy did not have significant symptoms that I can recall. It seems like every person and every cycle can differ, but doesn't always. I had clear twinges in the centre of my pelvic area on 7dpo, when I knew implantation was occurring. I also became suddenly unbelievably exhausted from one moment to the next in the early evening, to the point where I just had to lay down and close my eyes, as I could't focus or even make the effort to speak with any energy. Definitely different. That was gone after a (good) sleep by the next morning and now I am just hot hot hot.... and not because of the weather - just really hot. I am always cold. I am not sick. So.... but the twinges have stopped aside from the odd pelvic pull and sore breasts. I can never tell what sore breasts mean, though.

I am looking forward to the next few days.

I am going to POAS. I usually don't. But, I know that I was pregnant last cycle and knew more about the loss I had due to testing, before the beta result came in. I think it helped me and I was not "super happy" with the BFPs knowing that my symptoms were leaving me. I prefer more information rather than less. But, I also dislike testing at the same time....

Let us know if you are testing!

#17 ·
Happy Birthday, @1babysmom! And I hope this is your month too--I get having mixed feelings about being pregnant 'with' friends. I have a friend who always wants to 'be pregnant together' and we were once (unplanned of course! lol)...it was really cool in some ways, baby shopping and hanging out doing baby prep things, but I always thought what a mess it would be if one of us had any complications! How it would be twice as tough to deal with. Is that what you mean too?

#21 ·
Happy Birthday, @1babysmom ! And I hope this is your month too--I get having mixed feelings about being pregnant 'with' friends. I have a friend who always wants to 'be pregnant together' and we were once (unplanned of course! lol)...it was really cool in some ways, baby shopping and hanging out doing baby prep things, but I always thought what a mess it would be if one of us had any complications! How it would be twice as tough to deal with. Is that what you mean too?
Yes! For me, I've always been the one "left behind" and it's been very difficult for me to have a healthy relationship with them for a long time after that. Part of me thinks it would be a blast to do it all together, and the other part of me is terrified of going through the loss side with her and then having those awful feelings start all over again, and with her most of all. This is her first and I'm SO excited for her, so it would be easier than some of the other situations it's happened in, but still...just don't wanna go there.

#18 ·
@Oceanspray, we posted at the same time! I did think the symptoms were exciting until now, as the new symptom is that today and last night my LO is acting like something is wrong with my milk (Just posted in Breastfeeding). I hope it isn't what it seems like....that I'm pregnant and have spoiled our nursing relationship that I intended to continue through to tandem nursing :( I'm so worried about that today...that she might decide to wean :crying: Kinda took the wind out of my sails this evening when I realized that could be what is happening.

Your symptoms sound promising though--the only time I've ever experienced that 'pelvic pulling' sensation was during pregnancy...esp the first few weeks. Fingers crossed for you!

#19 · (Edited)
OMG - I have been through what you are going through with the stress!

Couple of things (and feel free to PM me with more if you like):

When you say your milk is changing is the change that it is becoming salty, less liquify and a pale yellowy colour?

If so:

There are two reasons this can happen: pregnancy (due to the increase in, I think mainly, oestrogen in combo with progesterone) and if you are on hormones to assist with or control ttc, or you really reduce your nursing time, you may have the same impact, but it will be short lived.

If it is pregnancy, then you may have to live with it. Your LO may continue to nurse, dry nurse, or you may retain some milk for a while, the milk may return partway through your pregnancy, or when it returns for baby, your LO may decide to tandem along and go back. It depends on so much and on your attitude towards it and your child's.

If it isn't pregnancy, and you are really getting "weaning milk" you should be able to relactate with little difficulties after you go off the hormones that caused it, if you were breastfeeding beforehand. Women who have been weaned for months (or even women who have not been pregnant) can relactate. I consulted with a very experienced lactation consultant in this area and have personal experience relactating as well.

It is up to you when to decide to relactate, as you may have this happen again next cycle.... or you may wish to takeoff a cycle to reestablish your milk and next ttc again.

The basics for relactating are similar for most women, for example, as when new mothers have insufficient milk or women who have no milk wish to lactate (even men can do this!). The low tech way is to take the herb Fenugreek in combination with Blessed Thistle on a daily basis - you will know if it works in less than a week. Easiest form comes in capsule that you can buy at any health or vitamin store. I did this and it was more than enough, both times I used them together.

Some people find that they don't do well on Fenugreek and go onto another type of herb (I forget the name offhand as I've never used it). Finally, Domperidone is the medication that is prescribed for increasing breastmilk and it is usually not difficult to get a Rx for it for this purpose (although it is advertised as a digestion med, I think).

However, the key is that in addition to t akin whatever you take to assist you (if you need it), you have to nurse regularly - and if you can, add pumping frequently in small amounts to that mix. If your LO won't nurse, try to convince them to, as it really helps. Otherwise, pump pump pump - frequency is what matters, not the length of time per session.

I noticed a difference in 3 days, but I was back where I wanted to be in 3-4 weeks. For some women it only takes a couple of weeks. It all depends.

Okay, enough of that. PM if you have more questions.

Somebody on breastfeeding thread will tell you some of this, too, I am sure!!!

Oh, and there was a great set of links on old Mothering threads that I read through when I was trying to figure out what was going on. I thought I was pregnant. Imagine my shock and dismay (I was depressed and guilt-ridden) when I found out it wasn't that... I had been reducing bfing to aid in ttc, and it all backfired. I will see if I can find them and post them here, too.

#20 · (Edited)
http://www.mothering.com/forum/305-child-led-weaning/1476418-s-yucky-he-weaning.html

(more coming - I'll just edit and add links as I find them)

Slightly less helpful but interesting:

http://www.mothering.com/forum/310-breastfeeding-beyond-infancy/1398062-salty-breast-milk.html

http://www.mothering.com/forum/310-...infancy/502155-suddenly-salty-breastmilk.html

I should mention that my milk is normally very sweet and so when I tasted (and then looked at) my milk the difference was obvious. I also saw it get lighter and whiter, and more fluid (and then sweeter) over time of relocating.

Sorry, I don't have the energy to search, as I recall a better thread and cannot find it now. One thing that is also mentioned is mastitis. I would think you would know if you had it but it appears that can also lead to salty breast milk, though I found less mention of that. Hopefully in your case it is good news!!

#24 ·
Update on my breastfeeding woes--thank you @Oceanspray for those links and the relactating information! Very good reads--I had never heard the term 'weaning milk' before, or knew about the salt taste.

I *think* I may be out of the woods with my issue. I'm not sure it was an issue after all! It was the strangest thing! Friday my LO latched all day, maybe 30 times, for only about 5 seconds each time, then would get down from my lap and run away. She was frustrated with me and swatting at my breasts too. She only nursed fully before her nap and at bedtime. I asked her if mama's milk tasted different, and she nodded with such a sad, serious face. (She's 15mo and just has 3 words, nodding and pointing so far. My husband said, "she sometimes nods when you ask a question, even if she doesn't get it"--and sometimes she does but I took her seriously based on the way she wouldn't nurse all day). I tried it, but thought it tasted and looked the same as ever, personally.
The first half of Saturday she did the same thing--latch for 5 seconds and then refuse to continue. I would have expected to be engorged, but totally wasn't...so I definitely figured I was drying up :( Then, the second half of Saturday, and alll of Sunday she wanted to nurse CONSTANTLY...for a long time each time too, pretty much to the exclusion of solid food. My breasts were totally empty all the time and I couldn't tell if they were drying up or just empty from all the nursing, so I still thinking the worst, but then today, they seem to have caught up to demand, and are filling up faster. She is nursing like her usual self today, and if I didn't know about the last several days, I wouldn't think anything had happened. It's so bizarre--I'm hoping after all this weeping and regret it was just a weird toddler weekend, not me drying up. *sigh*

Anyway I'm 9dpo today and bought a 2 pack of tests...we may do one before my husband's trip instead of after...that will be on 13dpo...last time I waited to test for a bit longer to make SURE the answer would be true, but this time we may go for it (I'm not sure when AF is due as this is my first month charting post partum but I hope it is close enough).

I hope you all had great weekends!

#26 ·
How is everyone doing?

I tested yesterday at 13dpo, BFN:( I got up early today (14 dpo) to test with my husband before his flight, and got 2 more BFNs...however it was 3:30am and I'd only been asleep 2 1/2 hours so I don't know that that counts as "First Morning Urine"...probably not very concentrated. Anyway I keep having all the same symptoms, right down to the weird vivid dreams, high soft cervix, cm changes, and a myriad of other things...and no AF yet so I guess I'm not out. Man those single pink lines are a downer though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.