Anyone ever tried the needle and thread test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-03-2004, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everyone I know swears by it, it's been correct for everyone I know as well. I swear by it as well - enough to bet my friends even, LMAO. So if you have done it, was it right? I just want to know if it's a bunch of phoey.

For those who haven't done it but want to:

Take a needle, thread it with a decent length thread (no need to tie the end).

Hold the end of the thread, needle hanging down.

Slide the thread against your inner wrist 3 times (up and down).

Then raise the thread above your wrist and observe the motion of the needle.

If the needle swings in a circular motion, that means a girl.

If the needle swings in a back and forth motion, that means a boy.

And if the needle simply stops or spins (with no obvious motion) that means you're you're done having children.

You repeat the action after you see the result until it stops.

Apparantly, it will show what sex of the babies would have been from miscarriages and abortions, too.

An example: If you had 2 girls, a miscarriage and then a boy. It would spin in a circle, then again in a circle, then whatever you're miscarried baby is, then in a line then it would stop.

So somebody prove to me it doesn't work so I don't lose all my money in bets with my friends. LOL

FYI - don't do it in a drafty room and it's easier if you get your hubby or friend do it on you.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#2 of 4 Old 06-03-2004, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and mine said I'm having 4 girls. Which as far as I know is accurate so far. I had one pregnancy, then I had Hannah so 2 more girls??

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#3 of 4 Old 06-03-2004, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had the needle/thread test done on me three times over about 5 months and each time it came back the same "boy-girl-boy". my dh had it done on him once and it came back "boy-girl-boy" Then, I had a psychic reading and she said we'd have a boy and then a girl and then a boy. Well, I am a proud mama of a girl (1st born) however, we did have a miscarriage before her so I am wondering if that baby was supposed to be a boy....either that or maybe dd will be a lesbian with all those boy vibes coming through,

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#4 of 4 Old 06-05-2004, 01:12 PM

I'm officially freaked out! My husband and I both just did it, and we both got the same! G-G-B-B-G. Wow!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page