Mothering Forum banner

TTC One Thread ~Sept 2015

5K views 90 replies 20 participants last post by  Lunardays 
#1 · (Edited)
~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~ September 2015
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD September 2015

Posted by alexisyael in 2004: The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread. Please make add/remove/change requests in BOLD.

Waiting to O
amraw

Waiting to Know (2WW)
Rosehip
ChillPill3
Oceanspray
MegaMama1

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting to be Ready

Big congrats to you all! 2015 BFP's

September BFP's
devilish
Peacemamalove

August BFP's
MySweetLife

July BFP's TwilightJoy

June BFP's Piskito

May BFP's itybitywity Veritas Vitae Crimson8

April BFP's Mamadance84

March BFP's stardogs Teles jaimezee

February BFP's bright-midnight

January BFP's dahlia810

2014 BFP's
December BFP's quantumleap mamalovehm MoonWomb Laura Ion deannanmc

November BFP's blissful_maia ultrafighter

October BFP's Melinda1980 JennyT Kahleesi skinnyloveBC perkier

September BFP's FyerFly

August BFP's AntoninBeGonin clarwyn

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there! I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday, so that would put me in the 2WW.

Though in theory, we've been TTC for 4 months, this was the first month that our timing was halfway decent - travel & illness wreaked havoc with June, July & August... Anywho, if I did ovulate yesterday, our timing would have been day of, as well as 1, 2 and 4 days before...pretty good!

Fingers crossed!

#3 ·
How exciting! I ovulated 4 days ago according to Ovusoft, but I wonder if I ovulated earlier because I seem to already have symptoms. Breast tenderness, moodiness, and occassional nausea. I'm probably just sensitive to progesterone, and will wait to test on the 24th for DH's birthday.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, even though timing was great. It took 5 months of trying for DD and 7 for MC. I'm only 3 cycles after my MC.

DH is ready to start the foster/adopt process now, and so we'll have a new member in the family in the next year either way. They probably wouldn't be adopted until the following year though. We would also be open to private adoption for a family on government assistance, as we could both help them and not be responsible for medical expenses along with adoption fees. I just met a wonderful lady at the thrift store who gave her child under these circumstances. Fingers X

#9 · (Edited)
Joining, Hi all. :) (edited my errors)

I'm waiting to know here- I'm 15 DPO today, AF is 2 days late. Still BFN. But no signs of AF.
I want to wait and test again in a few days BUT regarding how I'm feeling, I'd like to know asap, so I might test again tomorrow. :grin:

Symptoms:
I cramped 5,6 or 7 DPO (it was a sharp sting/cramping on the right, I also had a tiny spot of blood- (but wasn't sure if that was from shaving, I couldn't find any sores.) <--- it could have been 7dpo (it was a little blurry on the exact date I had O'd and DTD. but its a good guestimate.)

Still somewhat cramping but not like a menstrual cramp, more like an achy uterus.
Very bloated
Slightly tender breasts
Very hungry
Woke up with a stomach ache today and feel off
Very moody and teary
I have a feeling

I wasn't exactly planning this- just being open to it, all these symptoms have made me wonder and after putting it all together it's definitely looking like a PG.

This is the only cycle this year that has been like this- so yeah, I'm wondering!

#10 ·
Welcome devilish and ChillPill3! Good to see you again Oceanspray.

I'm with devilish on hating the 2WW. I looked at my old charts recently though and I have more confidence in my body. My husband was over the road for 6 months of our TTC journey and our timing sucked then. Once he got home though, it only took 2 months of trying to conceive our MC, and when we conceived the 1st time, it took 5 months of TTC without charting at all and I wasn't as healthy then. So, even though we've been TTC for a year, we only have had 4 months of realistic possibilities between the MC and DH being over the road.

There, I've throughly rationalized that I must be pregnant! Unfortunately, one more week to know...

#11 ·
Thank you!!! :wink:

Still no show of AF ~ feeling real sick today- couldn't stomach my coffee either. I'm 4 days late now.

Just was talking to someone about ovulating late, which I normally do, day 20-21 for me, so I was advised to test AFTER my missed period- even waiting a good week would help get an accurate result.

I have tested this morning still BFN, but I will either wait another few days or go to dr's, not sure yet.... the suspense is making me nervous.

#12 · (Edited)
Just kidding, I'm out. AF arrived one day late this evening after a 11 day lutenal phase. My charting app was nice enough to remind me that it takes a healthy couple 3-6 months to conceive. Starting FertilAid for me, fertility massage post-AF, and Preseed to help along this month. Whenever we finally get pregnant and for keeps, I will not miss my supplements at all.

Well, at least I can eat my chocolate bar now. I haven't had any or any other form of caffeine in several months. We enjoyed a nice day at the state fair yesterday and brought home a sugar glider. So cute!

#14 ·
Well, I got my period yesterday, so I'm back to Waiting to O.

So much for good timing! Oh well...I'm just hoping that DP doesn't end up away on business for this month (he may have to go). I just turned 39, so every missed opportunity makes me nervous...

Hoping for some positives from the rest of the gang!

Welcome ChillPill3!

#15 ·
Hi everyone!! I have posted here before, but it has been a while. I am currently 5DPO and started progesterone this cycle. Fertility Friend is giving a high chance on the pregnancy monitor due to good BD timing, so I am very hopeful!! I am going to try desperately NOT to symptom spot b/c I know the progesterone could cause some symptoms. Anyone here with progesterone experience? Good luck to all! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

#17 ·
Please add me to 2ww

It's my first try using OPKs... 2 dpo. I think I ran my DH into the ground this weekend. He said he felt like a Kentucky Derby winner (because they "stud" them out a lot.)

Good luck and baby dust all around!!!

#21 ·
I am going to try again tomorrow morning. However, the best part was a friend came over to hang out this evening. I know she'd been trying for a while. I was super stoked, but when I said it doesn't matter how faint the line is, if there's a line, it's positive. She said she would pick up a pregnancy test on her way home as she was already a week late. I had two pregnancy tests, so I gave her one. Hers was SO DARK. It was so positive. If everything's true and accurate, we're due two weeks apart. Which is AWESOME.

#27 ·
Can I join you ladies?
I have been wanting for awhile, DH is not on board but would be fine with an oops if it were to happen (haha)

Two of our DTD days were unprotected this month and it was near or around the fertile time. I think the first was 4-5 days before which is not likely but the second was a day after or the day of O...my CM went all wonky this month!

So as much as I highly doubt it, I would put myself in a possible TWW right now.

#28 ·
Can I join you ladies?
I have been wanting for awhile, DH is not on board but would be fine with an oops if it were to happen (haha)

Two of our DTD days were unprotected this month and it was near or around the fertile time. I think the first was 4-5 days before which is not likely but the second was a day after or the day of O...my CM went all wonky this month!

So as much as I highly doubt it, I would put myself in a possible TWW right now.
Welcome!! I totally get that about your DH. Mine is like that too. He doesn't want to "try" for another one. I feel like a lot of that is b/c of the stress of "trying" for our DS. It is a very stressful time. We are not doing anything to prevent so I am keeping my fingers crossed it will just happen! :blush:

AFM: I started progesterone suppositories this month, 3 DPO. I have a short LP...spotting 7 DPO and full flow by 10 DPO, so on/gym thought this would help. Currently I am 13 DPO (yay!), but so confused. I started having very light pink spotting 11DPO, but it was after a BM (tmi...sorry). Anyway, it was very light and didn't last long. 12 DPO, it was a little heavier. I really thought it was AF coming, even though I was on progesterone. Well, I called my dr and they said it was a side effect of the suppositories and to not quit taking them. I also realized that the spotting started after DH and I BD'd. I started thinking it was probably an irritated cervix. This morning the spotting went from light pink to brown. Last time I went to the bathroom it was redder....just when wiping. Anyway, I am going to test this afternoon. I hate this confusing time. I am really thinking I am out, since it has started turning red. I didn't expect to get AF while on progesterone...who knows. Time will tell. I am just ready to know if I need to prepare for another month or if there is a little bean in there!

#30 ·
HEY, nice to see so much activity here. Sorry about the BFN, @abrwilliams. Congrats (as I have already said elsewhere) to @devilish! We need a few more of those, but one is a good start!
@Peacemamalove.... I am guessing you have tested or know what's what by now?

I have had to wait another month and not try this month after all. Very disappointing but I will be trying in October. Just a bit more.... the wait is worth it. :)

#31 ·
Yes I actually had a positive pregnancy test at 9 dpo and I am currently 17 dpo. I was so surprised at how quickly the lines showed up. Technically speaking that puts me at 4 weeks and 4 days . I have total bloat right now. My hormones are all crazy feeling this pregnancy so one minute I am feeling good , next sad or wanting to strangle someone . lots of breathing and tea. Yesterday I had a super migraine in the afternoon though I am assuming it had some to do with the energy shift that is happening.

#32 ·
Hi folks!
I've been hanging out in the queer conceptions thread which has been fantastic for answering all my questions about using donor sperm & home inseminations. Now that I'm officially in the TWW for the first time I'm looking for a more active forum space as well :D

So, hi folks! I think I ovulated yesterday sooooo tick tock.gonna try to keep busy with work and decluttering my house during this TWW...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.