New, with lots of questions! - Mothering Forums

• 1 Post By ltinsley
#1 of 4 Old 09-21-2015, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New, with lots of questions!

Hello! I'm new to TTC and to pregnancy forums, in general. Apologies if I'm a little behind with the lingo

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on what is proving to be confusing:

I have PCOS and I'm not sure of my cycle length. I am 14 months postpartum. DD was a complete surprise as I was told I might need fertility medication to get pregnant. I started taking Metformin which wasn't appearing to help me ovulate, but apparently was. I continued to take Metformin during and after my pregnancy, and am on it now.

DD is being ecologically breastfed. I got my first PPAF at 13 months. I have been trying to keep track of fertility signs. Temping isn't reliable as DD still nurses through the night. I noticed EWCM on CD13 and had increased sex drive. I had sex on CDs 12, 14, and 17. Possible +OPK on the night of CD13, definite negative on CD14. My app that I use predicted that I would ovulate on CD16 but my sex drive was waning at that point. I had cramping CDs 22-24.

Now for the question: This morning, CD29 (I don't know how many DPO I am) I took an OPK (FMU). It was positive. Took another around noon, negative. Could this be PCOS doing crazy things? Could I not have ovulated so this is a second surge? CM is very infertile. Could I be pregnant? I don't "feel" pregnant in the way that I did with DD, and I thought it would take a few months for my body to figure itself out. Too nervous to take HPG, making myself wait until the app says I've missed AF (due in two days).

Thank you for your wisdom. Looking forward to connecting with you all!
pokeyac likes this.
Sponsored Links
#2 of 4 Old 09-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I would take an HPT to rule out being pregnant. Can you chart your CM and cervical position as well as the OPKS?

I am not too familiar with PCOS and how it can mess with you but it sounds pretty good.
#3 of 4 Old 09-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I would also take a HPT to rule out being prego. What kind of OPKs are you using? The cheapie sticks from Amazon can be difficult to interpret. From what I remember of using them, the test line needs to be as darker or darker than the control for it to be a true positive -- it's not like a pregnancy test where even a faint line is a positive. Faint line on an OPK means basically nothing. I think that's why some women find the more expensive fertility monitor things helpful because there's no guessing with lines. I've also heard that women with PCOS can get wacky results on OPKs so I don't know that I'd fully trust that method if I were you (although it always worked fairly reliably for me to predict ovulation).

For me temping proved unreliable and annoying while breastfeeding so I just followed CM and vague dates on the calendar (we were trying to avoid). Lo and behold it didn't work. I have PCOS as well and it took clomid to conceive DD so DH and I thought we'd be in for a similar wait with the next one, especially since I was still breastfeeding. Nope. Oops.

Married 8.2010 | DD 2.2014 | Expecting 1.2016
#4 of 4 Old 09-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I agree with the above replies how did it go?

22-06-2014; Welcome little miracle! Our sweet boy.

Trying for baby #2!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page