The One Thread - June 6 to June 12 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 499 Old 06-12-2004, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Firstly Congratulations Joy!!!! I am so happy for you!

Secondly I need some CM advice. sometimes I get CM that is just tiny little clumps and I wouldn't even try to see if it stretches, that is easy to classify as sticky. but I also get CM which before I saw real EWCM I thought was EWCM as it is kind of long strands and it stretches 1-2 inches. Now that I know that my EWCM just keeps on stretching and stretching and is completely clear I know that the other stuff is not EWCM but I don't know from FFs descriptions whether it should be classed as creamy or sticky. When I stretch it between my fingers it stretches and inch or two and then flings back to the finger it was originally attached to (never breaks) I usually can't stretch it a second time to double check how far it went before bouncing back. Its usually kind of cloudy, not completely clear like the EWCM and I get this stuff for days and days before the EWCM. So is this creamy or sticky?

Also, is it semen or EWCM that clumps in water?
#482 of 499 Old 06-12-2004, 09:22 PM

Tara and ekblad7. Tara, I'm glad - it's hard to read these posts sometimes...

And Erika - I hope that O makes its appearance soon!!

phoebekate - I would say sticky...anyone else?

polka - it's possible - if you had ewcm, it could keep those spermies alive for up to 5 days! :

everyone!!
#483 of 499 Old 06-12-2004, 09:29 PM

Polka
Someone posted some stats recently that actually said most conceptions occur w/ GIO 2 days before O. I can attest because that is how I conceived last month!!
#484 of 499 Old 06-12-2004, 10:18 PM

Roseangel, I hope your right, because this was my timing!! Plus, I think the day of O......it could have been the day before. I'm still kicking myself.

Squeakersmom, was it you that asked me why I take that??
Well, I'm an older momma, and I fear I am subfertile. Not infertile, just not what it used to be yk?
Anyway, False Unicorn is a powerful fertility herb, it balances hormones, along with Vitex. These can take several months to be effective, so it has been several months now. Just waiting for the babe to arrive!
The other supplements are supporting herbs for an herbal balancing act. They have estrogenic effects, get more blood supply to my uterus, and hopefully will help me conceive.
Check out Susun Weed's book, I think its called 'Herbs for the Childbearing Years' awesome book! she has a website too, you'll learn tons. Oh, and the herbs also support getting more cm!

Polka, I think you have a chance too!!

Congratulations JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long did it take you to conceive?? You give me hope!

phoebekate, that sounds like normal stretchy cm to me. It doesn't need to stretch out twice. Mine is like that too.
#485 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 12:02 AM

so is "stretchy" sticky, creamy or EW? I don't know what to put on my chart. For me this is different to the EW I get when I am just about to O, I know that now, but since I have really lump unstretchy CM that I call sticky if seems weird to call this sticky too, but it doesnt really fit the creamy description that FF gives I don't think....
#486 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 01:44 AM

phoebekate - huh... i thought that was EWCM. Maybe not primo EWCM, but EWCM nonetheless.

okay, anyone else ever visit the TTC board while drunk? OMG, I'm the only one, I know it and I can't type to save my life. Luckily, I'm deleting all my mistakes. I'm going to shut up now before I say something really stupid. other than "I'm drunk." Or as NOFX puts it, "punk in drublic".

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#487 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 03:39 AM

annakiss!

Congratulations, Joy!

phoebekate, this is my first month doing charting and paying serious attention to CM, so keep talking and I hope to learn from your discoveries! Sorry I can't be any use!

What exactly IS Vitex, because I remember it in the US but haven't seen it in the UK, so I'm assuming that's a brand name?

I'm on pre-natals, B complex, nettle tea, EPO, lots of water, good diet and exercise, and I'm going to aim for a raw carrot a day!

R.e. medication, my friend was on meds for depression for the first time in here life and her periods vanished, she put it down to the meds, and a few months later realised she was pregnant!

R.e. miscarriage: with the first one I definitely felt guilt; it was really bad timing to be pregnnat and dh and I had a huge argument hrs before it happened...awful..but by the 2nd one I honestly felt no guilt at all, just all the other (zillion) emotions, because by then I'd met and talked to so many women who'd had m/c's that I really saw there is no rhyme or reason to it, and it is so incredibly common (and such a taboo that we don't realise how common it is). I posted this in the pregnancy loss forum, but in case you didn't see it, here is a wonderful art project done by women who have had m/c's, which I found very healing.
#488 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebekate
so is "stretchy" sticky, creamy or EW? I don't know what to put on my chart. For me this is different to the EW I get when I am just about to O, I know that now, but since I have really lump unstretchy CM that I call sticky if seems weird to call this sticky too, but it doesnt really fit the creamy description that FF gives I don't think....

Eggwhite~ if it stretches like that, its eggwhite.

muse: Vitex is an herb otherwise known as chasteberry tree.
#489 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 04:58 AM

so its EWCM even if it only stretches 1 or two inches then flings back while the peak EWCM stretches as far appart as my thumb and forefinger will go and then just sags between them? I was calling it EWCM when I first started charting and only got confused once it was clear that I had this other level of EWCM the 4 days or so before Oing...
#490 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 09:13 AM

wow, thanks all for the congrats....

Velveteen... we came offbirth control in october 2001. STarted charting and obsessing in jan 2003. threw away the thermometer in Jan 2004

oh, and i poas again this morning. 2 lines again
#491 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Congrats Joy!!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#492 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 10:38 AM

Congrats Joy!!!

Adina, KHA!

PhoebeKate, I am definitely not the cm expert, I think I was confused a lot this month looking back. But one thing that TCOYF says, is to go more by the feel of the cm than what it looks like. So, before you even look at it, rub it between your fingers and see if it feels "sticky", wet, slippery like ew, creamy like lotion, etc. What you are describing, i'd call sticky because I had cm early on in the cycle that was definitely sticky but stretched a tiny bit. But it felt sticky and a little gummy. Creamy is lotion-like so I don't think would stretch.
#493 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 11:07 AM

Well my temp went up this morning so I am hoping that I O'd on Saturday. Pleeeeeeease let me have O'd on Saturday!!

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#494 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 11:37 AM

Morning ladies, feeling a little better for now. Went into the fertility clinic and had more blood drawn. Fortunately a nurse that I really like was on so I spoke with her about my concerns. She said they really don't worry about progesterone until it dropps below 10, she also said I always seem to respond well to a dose increase so likely my level went back up. She said it's normal for the level to fluctuate and while they don't like to see it fluctuate quite as much as it had timing plays a big role, she said my level of 20 could have been right after the suppositorie was inserted and the level of 12 could have been a couple hours after (I can't remember) Anyway, she put my mind at ease a little and went on to tell me they just released care of a woman who was at 16 weeks (they don't take care of you after that) and her progesterone has never gone above 4 but so far everything was looking just great.
She'll be calling me in an hour or so with todays levels.
How is everyone else doing today???
#495 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 12:44 PM

My thoughts are with you Shannon.

I'm going insane! Still no period! I don't want to spend more money on a test. Temps still above 98. Way late for my period. One minute I'm like "yes, I'm pregnant" next minute "but what if I'm not". Argh! I know I'll cave and buy a test tomorrow.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#496 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 12:48 PM

Who's in charge of the list this week>??? Its sunday
#497 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarablesue
Who's in charge of the list this week>??? Its sunday
I do believe Erika is up for this week.
Oh Erika where are you????
#498 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 01:39 PM

Really? Elena already did it? Ok... on my way!

Here we go~

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...92#post1589992

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#499 of 499 Old 06-13-2004, 03:42 PM

Polka - since no one replied, I think that it could have worked. Sperm can live for up to 5 days, I believe. But it's a risk. If you do get preggers with this one, according to Shettles, I guess you're likely to have a girl, but there's a chance that it didn't work at all. sorry to not be much help.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page