The One Thread - June 6 to June 12 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I skimmed the thread, and congrats to Jenny and firefly!

I did something really stupid this weekend..of course it wasn't stupid at the time, but now looking back on it I am ashamed. Went over to the neighbors house, had quite a few beers, before I knew it I was wasted...it wasn't pretty. So now I am thinking if I am pregnant what did I do to myself??

I need you guys to tell me either 1)Yeah your a f8cking idiot, or 2) Your worried about nothing and why....

Sheesh...feeling really embarassed now after writing this post but hitting submit anyway........
#62 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 09:29 AM

tara! i think we're all allowed to do that once in a while. where in your cycle are you? i think that you are probably fine, especially if there hasn't been implantation yet. Many a mom has done the same thing and had a fine baby. TAke care, sweetie and try not to worry.
#63 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 AM

Tara, I really don't think you need to worry. My OB and I had a long talk about this and she said the only time to be absolutely dilligent is between 5 and 10 weeks. She said in the 2ww, baby is really just cells, and especially if implantation hasn't happened. She feels during 5 & 10 weeks is when organs are developing and that's when we can see problems from even moderate consumption. In her opinion though a drink here and there or even one "binge" is not going to hurt baby. She sited a bunch of studies where women in Europe don't have higher incidences of birth defect or FAS in spite of regular wine consumption.
#64 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 09:52 AM

Korin, I have gained 20 lbs since last summer too. I never lost any "baby" weight from these past couple of months, so my goal is to lose some weight before I get pg again Wanna be weight loss buddies?
#65 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 10:39 AM

Good morning all!

Jenny and Firefly - WOOHOO!!! Congrats on your ++s.

Shannon - Yay! for the doubling HCG!

Adina - I'm thinking + thoughts for you. :

s Dani, I'm sorry this wasn't the month.

Tara - I wouldn't stress about it. I've heard what Shannon said. The month DS was conceived, I had a couple of drinks and went in a hot tub at about 7dpo 'cause we were absolutely sure we'd missed O. He's a very bright two year old now, so don't stress about it.

Korin and Keri - I hear you on the weight gain. I can't seem to get rid of the 10 I gained with the last pregnancy, not to mention the extra five I was already carrying.
#66 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Well the chart looked great until this morning. And down the temp goes.

Oh well.

Much and to everyone.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#67 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:02 AM

Aww sorry Adina. I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed for you though. So you do another IUI next cycle right??
#68 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:05 AM

awww heck adina. like shannon i'll :

shannone, nice #'s!
#69 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:05 AM

Holy crap, I finally finished catching up!

Congrats to Jenny, Ellie'sMom, and Firefly!!! WOohooo!

Shannon, glad to hear about your hcg levels!

Denise, I told you you were going triphasic! LOL Hopefully it's your month and FF is wrong about your O date.

Adina! So sorry about the temp dip. I was seriously chart stalking you...

About the abortion... I also had an abortion at 17 and my advice would be to just BE THERE. I had nobody who understood or even cared, it seemed. Be there, ask if she'd like to talk to you about it, just caring and letting her know you care is doing a lot.

As for me... working my ass off lately and dead tired to prove it. I had my housewarming BBQ on Saturday then went to see Van Helsing with a girlfriend. Not too bad but I think Hugh Jackman is freaking delicious! Mmmmm.

I'm still waiting to O...

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#70 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:07 AM

Still waiting to O. Reboot wouldn't be bad either.

I had my parents visiting for the weekend. I hid all the prenatal vitamins and the clomid. I'm not sure why but I'm going to keep this from my mom until something actually happens. I'm exhausted.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#71 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:24 AM

So many replies! Thank you for your kindness and suggestions, so many great thoughts.

I think I will make up a couple of dinners to take over to her tomorrow night. I offered to go with her to the clinic, and it turns out she had called really early one morning to ask if I would, but I was already at work and she didn't leave a message, so she asked a former roommate to go with her instead. Just the fact that she wanted me to go with her helps me feel like she's aware of how much I care about her, I just wish I would have been home when she called!

The idea about following her language is a really great one too, because I think I would have the tendency to use the word 'baby' and I know that could be tough for her if that's not the wording she would prefer.

One other thing I'm concerned about is that the clinic told her she could definitely go back to work on Wednesday (she's going there Tuesday morning.) While I have no prior experience with this sort of thing, it just feels like that's not a great idea. If she wants to go back to work the next day, then I support that, but I'm afraid that she'll feel pressure to because of what this person at the clinic said, although he was very nice from what she said. Ugh.

On a more selfish note-I'm really afraid that this whole thing, in regards to my TTC is going to come back and bite me on the butt...I don't know how to write it sensically...Maybe some of you are mind-readers and know what I'm saying! I hate that my feelings might come into it at all. They haven't really yet, and I DON'T want them to, but I fear that I might just be in action mode right now, denial because of trying to be the best friend I can. Which is okay with me, I'm glad about it, but I'm just scared of an emotional backlash.

Yeesh. Sorry to hog the the thread, gals. Thanks for being there for me!
#72 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:42 AM

Well, I POAS and there are two lines. I'm not jumping for joy, I'm not getting estatic, yet. I will say it is clearly there and if it's not true, will go down as one of the cruelest hoaxes in history. I'm getting ready to go in for a blood draw to look at hCG and progesterone. Please : for me. I'm feeling kind of numb right now. DH said it is totally positive and there, I just can't seem to believe it. He wanted to know when I would be happy and I told him when I was holding a healthy baby. He responded he didn't know if he could take 9 more months of me being a psycho I agreed and told him I would work on that. He just wants me to be happy. I have no symptoms whatsoever. Just send me some good, relaxing vibes.
Pamela
#73 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:46 AM

I have a confession to make, to all of you, as well as my testing buddy. I am weak. I was not going to test until Thursday (14 DPO) I was determined! I would be strong! But I caved! The HPT was calling me!! I POAS!

...and it was positive!! to all of you!!

Karen
#74 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:48 AM

holy cow two more! and it's only june 7! i want to say you all are making me weaaaaaaaaaaaak i say!

seriously, congrats pam and karen and pam, i'll keep my finger's crossed for you. sounds like a good one though
#75 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:51 AM

WOOO HOOOOO Pamela and Karen!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!!!

Pamela, I know what you mean, it's so hard after losses to get excited again and to trust your body (and I don't trust mine) My OB gave me a requisition for betas everyother day, she joked that would be more practical than sedating me until there was no more need to worry. So if it helps, I so understand your apprehention and fear. Let me know if you need to talk about it all.
#76 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:55 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Pamela and Karen!! I looooove all these BFPS! Best wishes for wonderful, healthy pregnancies and beyond!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie'sMom
Oh and Hev! I am shocked about the origin of your name! Here I am picturing you dressed in black, listening to the Smiths, you know, a real "Heavy Soul" and come to find out your named after a shoe! Cool, you are much less intimidating now !
:LOL sorry to shatter the illusion... ! Although as a teen, I did love The Smiths... A friend of a friend in university used to crack me up when he'd recite their lyrics, but in a normal tone...while walking down the sidewalk, etc...somehow it just sounded so funny....! No?...maybe you had to be there...:LOL!

: Alexis!!!

Adina - s. I too will KHA for you - and I hope you can go for more IUIs...how is that coming along?

Of course, glitter - it's normal us to approach our friends' problems with our own journeys in mind and heart...and maybe someday you can both discuss it in that context...at this point, it sounds like you're ok with being there for her - basically to listen and support, and follow her lead in terms of the conversation, etc. I love the food idea, and I wish you both luck in dealing with this. Due to it being such a taboo subject, it can feel like you're all alone, so even just knowing that you are there for her must be huge.

Sooooo...who's going crazy?! I'm ok - feeling better that I have an HSG booked - breaks up the sadly repetitive pattern...although of course I'm still kha for this cycle, but hoping it won't be as crushing when AF shows...
#77 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 11:58 AM

Heve, when is your HSG booked??
#78 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:01 PM

Hmmm - I guess I used the term "booked" rather loosely..:LOL When I was there, she said she'd call radiology and book it for June 21-25...haven't heard back - I suppose I should check.
#79 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:05 PM

Yes very loose use of the term.....
Too bad, we'll be away!!! I was gonna offer to go with you if dh couldn't. I will however have my laptop with me in Calgary, so I will be checking in--that and I will have my cellphone--so you can of course call
#80 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:06 PM

OMG, Shannon - you get married THIS WEEKEND!!! Gone yet?!
#81 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
Too bad, we'll be away!!! I was gonna offer to go with you if dh couldn't. I will however have my laptop with me in Calgary, so I will be checking in--that and I will have my cellphone--so you can of course call
Aw...very sweet of you to offer to come with me...!! I'm hoping dh can make it. I was talking to someone on the wknd who had it done, and she said it was VERY painful for her...at first, she thought she'd want to see the x-ray, etc (she's a science grad) - but all she wanted to do when it was over was get the away from the person inflicting that pain...
#82 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:20 PM

Wow! Congrats to all the bfp's ladies keep them coming!!!
#83 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:30 PM

Wow - 2 MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's definitely Spring Fever !!
woohoo !!!!!!!

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#84 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:52 PM

Congrats to the two new BFPs!!

(and Karen, I forgive you )

I was coming on here to ask why I need to wait until 14dpo to test--I want to test tomorrow at 12dpo. Anyone have any thoughts?

This is especially hard because Karen and I o'ed on the same day and she got her BFP!!! So now I am doubly tempted to test tomorrow. I do have the sinking feeling in my stomach that it will be negative, but I need to know!!
#85 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:55 PM

Wow, congrats to all the BFP's!

I don't know why but I just POAS (I'm 11dpo). Negative. I don't know why I keep doing this. : I don't actually think I'm pregnanat at this point anyway, maybe I just want something to clarify that so I can just let go of the idea this month. I already feel a teensy bit of depression sinking in like I do each time AF shows up, so I'm going have to have to go easy on myself the next few days.

OK, totally ignorant question here but if AF does come I'm going to finally start charting, which I've never done, so where can I read up on how to do this properly without forking out for TCOYF (no $ right now)? And the basal body temp thermometer; is that something you can buy in a pharmacy?
#86 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:55 PM

Wow!!! Two more +++'s !?! Congrats Ladies.

I'm about to O and we aren't trying this month, but man, it's tempting with all the +++'s running around here. OK, we all know who to call when needing help resisting the hpt, but who can keep me from GIO? LOL
#87 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 12:59 PM

Just to clear up the confusion, it isn't *my* birthday (that was in Dec) it's Mike's! So -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BELOVED!!!!!

It's been a lovely birthday so far -- when I went in to bed last night he says, "It's been my birthday for eleven minutes..." and we had his birthday talk (that's where we go over the highlights of one's birthday; it's our birthday/ anniversary ritual) and he said the sweetest thing: "What stands out for me this year is how much you love me," and then went on and on about it, how he feels I love him more than he ever thought anyone ever would... That was nice to hear!

Then I figured it was time to break out his sexy birthday present A cute little red teddy with a thong that has flames on the front and says, "I'm on fire" on the back!!!! Tres cute, and it is symbolic, cause he often sings me that song, "Lady in Red" which always makes me wish I had more red in my closet!

Anyway... tonight I have more planned

Tara -- you're OK! Getting wasted one day isn't the end of the world! (And I agree with Shannon's OB-GYN based on the research I've heard).

Pamela and Karen

May you both have a full nine months of

Dani -- hmmmm... well, if your m/w needed to bring you into the hospital, couldn't she stay with you in a doula capacity? Have you talked to the m/w about it and asked how this is normally handled?

Sarah - in terms of your possible emotional backlash - give yourself space to feel what you're feeling now, and not worry about what you might feel later... deal with it moment to moment, if you can.

From my POV, I don't know that I could have gone back to work the day after. Looking back, I wish I had allowed myself to heal more before continuing my social life. I was an emotional/ hormonal wreak for a few weeks...

Adina Hope you are having fun with the showbiz life at least...

to those rebooting, : to those waiting to test and to you all!

Belly Blessings!
#88 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetzie
Congrats to the two new BFPs!!

(and Karen, I forgive you )

I was coming on here to ask why I need to wait until 14dpo to test--I want to test tomorrow at 12dpo. Anyone have any thoughts?

This is especially hard because Karen and I o'ed on the same day and she got her BFP!!! So now I am doubly tempted to test tomorrow. I do have the sinking feeling in my stomach that it will be negative, but I need to know!!

the only reason to wait would be to avoid a bfn from testing too early. i suppose.

im 10dpo today.

alexis, happy birthday to your beloved!

muse i got my bbt from the drug store or grocery store. it's a digital. can't remember where exactly because it's been so long. you could try finding the book at your library. otherwise, fertility friend has a lot of the same information online. good luck!
#89 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaharsh
OK, we all know who to call when needing help resisting the hpt, but who can keep me from GIO? LOL
Oddly, the Queen of GIO can help I have one word for you: oral! (In other words, do everything but, and make sure you are both well pleasured!)

Weetzie -- every two days the HCG levels double. And for some women, they don't show up in time for a + on 12 dpo, even with an early response test... for some women the hormones show up + ridiculously early (Shannon!) Anyway, it's up to you how early you test, but the more conservative among us like to wait until AF is due, or the day after (so as to not waste unneccesary $ on tests).

muse -- you should be able to buy a basal therm at a pharmacy; that's where I got mine! And try looking for TCoYF at a library -- again, that's how I read it! (Alexis, Queen of the Cheap as well as Queen of GIO, Queen of TMI and Queen of Crotch Talk -- all these titles! Dang, my head must be so big to fit all those crowns! : )

Where is Korin this morning?????
#90 of 499 Old 06-07-2004, 01:08 PM

Rose and Muse,
you can test early, but if you aren't charting, there could be some doubt as to when you actually o'd, so at this point, you might be 11 DPO, or maybe 10, or 9? so don't get dissappointed if its neg at this point.
good luck, and thanks for the congrats!
Pamela!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page