The One Thread - June 6 to June 12 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We cross-posted, marie

You should inform your husband that it is much more therapuetic for you to feel the feelings and not dismiss them! And come here to vent when you need to -- these mamas keep me sane!

KHA!!!!!
#242 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 06:58 PM

Hi,
I think it's time I finally signed on to this thread, even though I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep up with you all...

Wow, I have great, GREAT hopes for a few of the charts this week! I know I will be on early the nest few days waiting to find out!

You can put me down as "waiting to know". I'm cd 27 and no idea when I o'ed, my chart isn't so pretty. I think I confused ewcm with semen a few days back, so hard to tell what's happening but even ovusoft finally gave me a coverline and today I really feel like I've got progesterone on board with the sore bb's, bloating, and ds acting funny about the milk. Hmm. http://fertilityfriend.com/home/4e69a Either that or I'm fooling myself.

Congratulations to all the BFP's so far!!!!
#243 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 07:09 PM

I have been keeping up with reading the thread but I don't know everyone well enough to be able to remember who said what by the time I get to the end and want to reply so I have been too overwhelmed to reply, although I have wanted to quite often.

Congratulations Periwinkle!!

FairyMama your first pregnancy sounds TOUGH, i am really happy for you that things look easier this time! It sounds like you have some mental work to do to be able *feel* easier but you already sound like you are getting there. I hope you have an easy pregnancy all the way through this time.

I am on cd 9 and I think the signs are pointing to a "normal" length cycle which would be great, I think I will O late next week which would give me a 28-30 day cycle. I am so blown away by how revealling charting is. The patterns of my body really astonish me and being able to look back over a number of charts and see patterns you never knew were there, and i thought I was pretty aware of what my body was doing!
#244 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 07:34 PM

Slightly Crunchy,
Your chart looks OK to me, maybe an implantation dip on day 6? It seems like a clear thermal shift to me! :
Weetzie, never give up hope till arrives! Maybe you O'd late due to stress? If not good luck this fall!
Karen
#245 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 07:48 PM

I was already 6 weeks along when I found out about DS, so I can't remember what sensations I was feeling during that early time. Can somebody remind me, what generally happens with the cervical mucous when fertilization/implantation occurs? Because usually at this time I would have a fair amount but there doesn't seem to be any at all.

Just got off the phone with a friend who said she definitely remembers experiencing the same sensations I am now, with the feeling of a heavy fullness and the slight tugging. I'm also noticing fluttering, or tiny muscle spasms too.
#246 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:08 PM

marie and weetzie

marie men don't just seem to get it do they? and i don't think it's much consolation at all. when i lost my baby last year my doctor said well at least we know you can get pg now since 1997 my only known pg was from iui. well, how the heck is that any guarantee i'd get pg again kwim? i'll : for you

welcome cruncy! that looks like it could be an implantation dip to me. :

ILMB how far in the 2ww are you? i think that could be good signs. my cm after ovulation varies greatly so i'm no help. i was checking out a bunch of charts on fertility friend the other day and it seemed like more did than didn't have creamy cm after o. (these were pg charts).

phoebe some people say charts are a waste of time and too complex but i have found them soooo informative. a great diagnostic tool.
#247 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:10 PM

Busy day here!!! I'm dying to know what is up with Adina... : :

Marie, I'm sorry you're feeling down. . I'm KHAing for you though.... And remember we are always here for bitching, moaning and hugging.

Angst... glad you had a good time meeting you biodad!! Super cool!! And to find out about your heritage.. ohhh you're sooo exotic now... sexy! Do you still want to host the next Stich n Bitch?? Pick a day and I'll send the email out to all the chicks.

Well, I'm trying to get into the surrender thread and the yoga thread.. so I'm not gonna post too much here. I only have about 40 minutes before I'm going to visit the baby again. Hopefully rub some dust on me!!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#248 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2m&m

ILMB how far in the 2ww are you? i think that could be good signs. my cm after ovulation varies greatly so i'm no help. i was checking out a bunch of charts on fertility friend the other day and it seemed like more did than didn't have creamy cm after o. (these were pg charts).
A lot of these terms are still new to me. Does the 2ww start from the first day of last Af? Last Af started May 25th, so 16 days ago. I started feeling stuff happening down there two days ago. Does that seem like it's too early though?

Also, of the charts you were looking at with more having the creamy cm after o - did those result in pregnancies or was that associated with BFN's? (oh wait, is that what you mean by "pg charts"?) I know I can just have some patience and wait to test but it's hard! Speaking of which - how much longer would I have to wait? Two weeks or so?
#249 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:21 PM

okay here's my logic. when i think i *might* be pg i refuse to test jik it's really negative and i don't want to think i really got my hopes that high. so when i think i'm not pg i take the test just to get the bad news over with.

we stopped at the library on the way home and i got tcoyf. what's the newest edition? i got the 2002 book but i thought the version i bought way back when had color pix and stuff in it? how are theys upposed to describe cm without showing color pictures?

then we stopped at the dollar store. the woman asked ds if he was going to the zoo to see the dinosaurs : then she said mommy's going somewhere else when she saw the hpt in my hand. how . i said we'll see and she said good luck LOL.

now my sore bb's are just about gone, my cervix seems exceptionally unpg, like i have that much experience LOL and i'm quite sure i'm not. i take the test with stupid stupid dropper. i mean how archaic is that? can't we just humiliate ourselves even more by poas instead of in a cup?

the liquid moves across the screen and of course it's and of course it crushes me. i wait a minute or two turn it around a couple times, some liquid runs out of the "cup" you drop into and onto the plastic window. bfn. whatever. so i come downstairs, put dinner on and go upstairs to chuck it. about 5 minutes later. but wait there seems to be something there. could it possibly be ??? the line was soooooooooooooooo faint. now that it's over 20 minutes later it's clearly a second line? really a line or just because i spilled it? why did i spille it??????? now i don't know what to think because in all honestly i just feel waspy and pms-ish. i'll take another in the morning. maybe i should just revel in the excitment of having a bfp for one night. it's light but quite clear now.
#250 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM

YAY! Periwinkle! Congrats on the +++ !!!

s Marie TTC is hard on a marriage and men just don't get the stress of AF arriving, not to mention the hormonal swing that comes with it. Tom is just now getting a clue and we've been together for nine years.

Ahhhh, I know I had more to say, but my brain is shutting down... I'll be looking for some nice looking charts in the morning.
#251 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM

Quote:
the liquid moves across the screen and of course it's and of course it crushes me. i wait a minute or two turn it around a couple times, some liquid runs out of the "cup" you drop into and onto the plastic window. bfn. whatever. so i come downstairs, put dinner on and go upstairs to chuck it. about 5 minutes later. but wait there seems to be something there. could it possibly be ??? the line was soooooooooooooooo faint. now that it's over 20 minutes later it's clearly a second line? really a line or just because i spilled it? why did i spille it??????? now i don't know what to think because in all honestly i just feel waspy and pms-ish. i'll take another in the morning. maybe i should just revel in the excitment of having a bfp for one night. it's light but quite clear now.
Oooh I wish I had a clear cut answer for you--I hope it is positive!! What do the instructions say? I will check this thread in the morning, hoping to see you post about a thick, dark positive!!
#252 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Boy
A lot of these terms are still new to me. Does the 2ww start from the first day of last Af? Last Af started May 25th, so 16 days ago. I started feeling stuff happening down there two days ago. Does that seem like it's too early though?

Also, of the charts you were looking at with more having the creamy cm after o - did those result in pregnancies or was that associated with BFN's? (oh wait, is that what you mean by "pg charts"?) I know I can just have some patience and wait to test but it's hard! Speaking of which - how much longer would I have to wait? Two weeks or so?
two week wait is the approximately two weeks after you ovulate. the average luetal phase is 12-14 days from the day you ovulate. shannon there got a bfp at 9dpo (9 days past ovulation) but that's pretty early. most people would say wait til closer to the 14 to spare yourself the pain of looking at a negative test. so two days is definately too early to test but that doesn't mean you may not feel something happening down there. every body's body is different and some people feel things right away and some people don't. : that what you're feeling is the result of conception
#253 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:27 PM

Quote:
raggedy ann - yeah! let the gio begin
OH yeah...what makes it harder....ummmm that doesn't sound right. is that he works for the railroad so he is gone alot and of course having a 5 y/o doesn't help the gio factor either. LOL But we definitely gio whenever we can.
#254 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:28 PM

OOOOOOH! Denise!

: :
#255 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:30 PM

well weetzie, it doesn't say anything about if it spills it just emphasizes putting the urine in the ROUND window LOL. it only says don't read after ten minutes because results would be invalid. but the second line was within five minutes. the saga continues. i'm going to bed now :
#256 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:34 PM

Awwww, twice I have gotten a bfp at 9 dpo--and actually both of those had extremely faint second lines at 8dpo.
Sorry, that probably didn't help!!
Denise, do you have a more sensitive test to use in the morning?? If not, maybe save some fmu so that if you get another slow faint positive, you can still use fmu later with a more sensitive test. KWIM??
#257 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn
OH yeah...what makes it harder....ummmm that doesn't sound right. is that he works for the railroad so he is gone alot and of course having a 5 y/o doesn't help the gio factor either. LOL But we definitely gio whenever we can.

RA well absence does make the *ahem* grow fonder we got little ones too so i know how that goes! seems to get harder as they get older and we have a small home.

oh shannon, the neurosis runs deep. i have 3 expensive tests at home i didn't want to waste on a bfn : hysterically like a hyena! i'll take one of those in the am. i just hope it's not a fluke, kwim?

ILMY - thanks!
#258 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:41 PM

(YOU know who you are! I am not jinxing this maybe-second-line of yours by talking about it... no I am not!)

2ww = post ovulation

Cycle day 1 starts when you get your period.

You may actually be ovulating (or have ovulated) so personally, I would GIO just in case! But I am subscribing to a new theory this month -- every other day until I get my period (or more). B/c I really don't want to miss this egg! (I often ovulate later, after I think the coast is clear...)

Belly Blessings!
#259 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:42 PM

Denise....I will keep my :

Marie I just don't think men realize what an emotional
rollercoaster ttc is.
#260 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 08:47 PM

Quote:
RA well absence does make the *ahem* grow fonder we got little ones too so i know how that goes! seems to get harder as they get older and we have a small home.

Yes it does.

We also have a small home with her room being right across the hall from ours. Let's just say I am having to be a little more quieter now, so we don't wake her up. Done that a couple of times and lets just say it sure is FRUSTRATING!!!
#261 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 09:17 PM

Marie I hope you and DH are able to work through this and that you get a nice BFP soon

Denise : I know when you wait more than like 10 or 20 minutes a line often appears anyway that's why they say not to read the test after a certain amount of time. Buuuuut.... I got a faint line at 10 DPO which I thought was me just seeing things, but then, whaddaya know. Sorry, I'm zero help. But lots of : : : : for you!!
#262 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 10:55 PM

Hi all. I have pretty much given up trying to keep up with you chickies, but you can't get rid of me. I am a persistent lurker!

Denise...hmm. Well you know the only reason I took a second test this time was because the "negative" FRER I took at 4:30 am had a super faint second line when I dug it out of the trash 2 hours later. Of course last month I had a faint line after about 30 minutes with another test (can't remember what) and I wasn't pg. But, since you say this was only 5 minutes later...I am so KHA for you :

Periwinkle: We are due date buddies!!! Of course I must admit that for some unknown reason when I logged in to put in my temp this morning, FF had changed my O date back to CD 14 (from CD 16). I don't think I had changed anything, so I am completely perplexed by this, but I am choosing to ignore it because I love having a due date of valentine's day and I am not giving it up because my computer tells me too! Anyway, Periwinkle!

I am also KHA for Adina...

Marie: Hang in there.

So, I am doing ok. I had some spotting yesterday which scared the bejezuz out of me. It was pretty light, but still not what I wanted to see. It seems to have stopped though. I went in for a Beta this morning, and I should know more tomorrow. I am trying to remain both positive and also ready for whatever happens, kwim? I wish I had a time machine and could just go to sleep tonight and wake up about 10 weeks from now!!

Welcome to the new folks. Sleep well.

Trying to get my bearings...
#263 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 11:03 PM

Evening all, I forgot to report this here earlier. I think it was here that I mixed up my beta numbers, I think I said 543 but on Sunday they were actually 354 (I am a little dyslexic) Anyway, the level from monday was 6hundred and something and today.... today it is 1711!!!! So numbers are rising very nicely. Also my progesterone finally climbed over 20 today, so looks like I will be able to avoid using the injectable prog in oil--which I've heard is terrible!!
I have an U/S now scheduled at the fertility clinic for next tuesday, followed by an appt with the almighty miscarriage doctor. Originally it was for friday as that was when it was projected that I'd get to a beta of 2500, but it was terribly inconvenient for us being as how we might just have other plans the day before the wedding!!
Well, hitting the sack now, way tired!!
#264 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so disappointed for my IRL friend. She had a m/c a few months ago, and this month her chart looked so promising, but then she got AF 8 DPO. Ack.

Shannon: YAY on your numbers! I'm so glad you don't have to have the injections, either . . .I can't wait to hear about your U/S!

Denise: I'm going to say two things-
(1) You are required to update your chart and us FIRST THING tomorrow morning. FIRST THING.
(2) I got a BFP at 10 DPO with Fiona (from my estimate- wasn't charting then). The line was very, very faint, but it was there.

Marie: A few thoughts . . .
Is there any way you can take a break for awhile to get pampered? Devote some hours each day to someone really taking care of you? I think it would be money and time well spent, and certainly deserved.
As far as DH . . .could be he doesn't "get it," could be he's worried, too, and just can't be supportive if he needs support, too, or could be that he just feels helpless because he can't fix the problem. Regardless, I think it's VERY NORMAL that an issue like TTC would put a strain on the marriage . . .is counseling something you would consider?

Trisha and Denise: I know all about being quiet while GIO . . .we live with my MOM. Too bad, though, if she wants another grandchild . . .

Hugs to all that I missed!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#265 of 499 Old 06-09-2004, 11:57 PM

Hi there,
Last time I'm checking in before I'm off to Chicago. I'm expecting about 7 thousand emails when i return.

Shannon, that is such fantastic news!!! I'm so excited for you, with the getting married and having a baby and everything. What a joyful time in your life. Except for the barfiness. But it's so worth it. You are making me tempted to get another beta. But I still feel really pregnant, exhausted, sore boobs, etc., so I think I just won't for now.

I'm getting excited about all the women near the end of their 2ww and it is KILLING ME that I will be without computer access for 4 days. Ugh. You all better be BFP's when I get home!

At school we're doing marine research this week and they're doing all kinds of dissections of squid and clams and fish. So 7 am I walk into the staff lounge and there's an open ice chest full of disgusting smelly seafood, and i so almost threw up right then and there. i have no idea how I'm supposed to make it through the squid dissection next week. I think I'm going to cry.

Adina!!! What can i say?

Denise, I'm dying over here. So KHA for you!

I'm tired, and we have to go to the airport soon, so I send love, hugs, and babydust to all. i will be thinking about you all this weekend, I can't help myself!

Looking forward to meeting you, Elena!
#266 of 499 Old 06-10-2004, 12:53 AM

Ugh.. so not looking forward to GIO tonight. I am so not in the mood. What? Did someone mention gay porn? Or was it Brad Pitt? I'll have to fantasize about both I suppose.

Ohhhh... I sense a BFP tomorrow morning!!! Woohoo!

And I agree. Those charts better be updated ASAP tomorrow morning.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#267 of 499 Old 06-10-2004, 02:08 AM

Just checking in, and after reading through a few pages I'm so happy to see a few very possible BFP's!! I'm KHA for you guys!

My DH and I had a nice day at the beach today. We needed some time away from everything. IYKWIM. In my marriage, I think that TTC has both brought us closer and stressed us out. When I was pg last time with the ectopic, my DH was by my side through everything. Even now, 8 months later, when I get upset he is very understanding. But he is more on the sensitive side. It is stressful for him to see me get upset every month. If it were up to him, he'd probably rather that I not chart/temp because of all of the intense scrutiny of it. But he knows it makes me feel a little more in control of this whole thing. I tell my husband that sometimes I just need some time to get through it, yk? No matter how hard they try or how much they care, I think it's hard for a man to really understand the innate need to create a life and nurture it inside of you. Good luck Marie!

Shannon, congrats on the great Hcg numbers! I am so happy for you. Good luck with the wedding!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#268 of 499 Old 06-10-2004, 03:31 AM

Denise! I would be in a huge hurry to test in the am. I'll be up early anyway, so don't sleep in, ok?

Marie~ I am sorry things are so hard ttc.....this is my 8th month of trying, and I vaccilate between feeling eggless, washed up and ttc forever, to feeling really great about it! I conceived last month, chemical pg, but I am trying to be really optimistic. I CAN get pregnant, now I just need a sticky one. Anyway, were here for you.

Its good to hear from you preggos, you haven't forgotten about us!

Did I mention how thrilling it is to have such good cm this cycle??????
#269 of 499 Old 06-10-2004, 03:31 AM

Oh boy I'm just hanging on the edge of my seat with anticipation here.... : : :

Me, I'm just enjoying being in a "being" mode with Af, knowing there's nothing I can do right now anyway. And things are lovely with DH, the counselling session affirmed a lot for us. We've had some major transitions and stressors of late and the counsellor pointed out how successfully we're survived all that. That made me feel really good, since I hadn't thought of it in that way.

And WRT to TTC, I feel like I've been a little bit alone in it all till now, with other life stressors getting in the way more for DH, but this month we feel very united over it all. It's definitely too muhc stress for one person to carry and juts because the men aren't the ones with the eggs and uterus doens't mean they can't/shouldn't be equally involved emotionally, but I think it can be that much more abstract for them.

Well we're booking our trip to the US to see friends and family and revisit old homes in Maine, NYC and MA, and that will be soooo good for us both...yay..

OK, back to : mode...
#270 of 499 Old 06-10-2004, 07:03 AM

can't get any earlier than this. anyone else up?

well, today's result i'm sorry to say is inconclusive, aside from the temp is still up.

i tested at 3:30. is that too early for fmu? i had to pee so bad and it was hot and i couldn't go back to sleep because of that so i had to pee and it looked really negative. although if i squinted and turned it a certain way i thought i could see something but wasn't sure what color it is. i went back to sleep.

when i got up at 5:30 there is definately a very faint barely seen line. so i don't know what to think. i've been sooooooo hot at night, sweating, which could be another symptom for me. or is it just hot, i don't know. i'm in hpt hell right now. i'm taking one to work or might buy a different brand after that link someone posted. i'm worried about the same thing ellie's mom said. but my temp is still up, i had some cramps last nght and my cervix is still closed with little cm. i usually get ewcm right before af. so we shall see.

ugh! sorry to disappoint everyone. i simply can't believe that test wasn't more + kwim? i'm afraid that i was pg and it's going away.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page