Nursing Mamas TTC April to August 2016 - Mothering Forums

3Likes

#1 of 38 Old 04-01-2016, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Nursing Mamas TTC April to August 2016

Please put all updates in bold. Please let me know if you'd like your chart linked in the first post!

Waiting to O
abrwilliams
lemon_verbena
Oceanspray
Steph Anie
SocaliMommy
RosemaryV

Waiting to Know - 2WW
BabySmurf
ellier

Waiting to Catch the First Postpartum Egg/ Waiting To Be Ready
valerievalira
edubluv
apeydef
Xerxella
katealicia
FyerFly

Recent BFPs

August 2016-
May 2016-blessed#7
December 2015-1babysmom
November 2015-Sristi,blueteapot
September 2015-Peacemamalove
June 2015-itybitywity
April 2015 - maevankayt
March 2015 - waywornwanderer, LTurtle, tribal-mama, organicpapayamama, ascher21, typebug,
February 2015 - meeba, Chloe'sMama, TrishWSU
January 2015 - sarahl918, dahlia810

Baby dust to everyone!

Last edited by SoCaliMommy; 08-04-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 38 Old 04-01-2016, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hope everyone is having a goood start to the month.... @abrwilliams
@lemon_verbena @Oceanspray @Steph Anie @starrlight97 @BabySmurf ,
@ellier @RosemaryV @valerievalira @blessed#7 @blueteapot
@edubluv @apeydef

Welcome to the group @katealicia - I put you under waiting to catch first pp egg

Oceanspray~ Thats okay

Kami~34
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DH~37,Alex~13,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ryker~10
Harlan~4

4/05,7/05,11/10
#3 of 38 Old 04-01-2016, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
Hope everyone is having a goood start to the month.... @abrwilliams
@lemon_verbena @Oceanspray @Steph Anie @starrlight97 @BabySmurf ,
@ellier @RosemaryV @valerievalira @blessed#7 @blueteapot
@edubluv @apeydef

Welcome to the group @katealicia - I put you under waiting to catch first pp egg

Oceanspray~ Thats okay
Great, thanks!

I'm Kate! I 

and adore my DS
11/12 and

DS10/14. We 

#4 of 38 Old 04-01-2016, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Hello all. I'm in that grey zone. Still no AF. baby is almost 18 mo. :flushed::flushed::flushed:. Clearly something is off. Anyway, cheers to a new month.
#5 of 38 Old 04-01-2016, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 350 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
After having my first I was in a very supportive local moms' group. Pretty much all of my friends got their period/fertility back before me. I was desiring a return to fertility so every time a friend got her first PP period I would ask her if she had made any lifestyle changes that might have contributed. After three friends mentioned that they had started using doTerra's ClaryCalm (a hormone balancing blend) a few weeks before they got their periods, I thought I would give it a try. I started using it on a Monday. It comes in a rollerball and I would apply it to my abdomen in the evenings and the back of my neck in the mornings. By Saturday I saw a temperature rise and stopped applying the oil (it's contraindicated for pregnancy, so I stopped it just in case). On Sunday I had a fallback temperature, but on Monday it went back up and stayed up. So I started taking it on a Monday and had ovulated/conceived by the next Monday. I was shocked and delighted!
I thought it would work just as easily this time, especially because I am further postpartum now than i was then. But last time I had been charting for a while before starting it. This time, I started applying ClaryCalm on Friday March 11th but didn't start charting until Saturday the 12th. I saw 3 low, steady temps and then a rise, fallback, higher rise and so I thought I was on track and stopped applying the oil. Except now I think it's likely that I *didn't* ovulate then and now I have no idea what's going on and so I'm not as confident in my use of the oil or my charting skills

@katealicia , that is super interesting, and despite your one-time "lack of success", I am sure you had something going on there - that seems unlikely to be just a random event for so many of you. Thanks for explaining that! I hope the next cycle (or two) do it for you!

@edubluv , hi - nice to see you, boy your body just doesn't want to make another baby yet?! k/d. Maybe the essential oils would be worth trying?

Speaking of AF, I hope to see her tomorrow, and I had an acupuncture session today that worked on points to shed the lining. I am pretty confident that it will happen (though I already have PPAF of course, and I have never been "late"). I just want to start this cycle finally!!

@SoCaliMommy , you are so on the ball - right on time with April thread! Thanks!!

#6 of 38 Old 04-01-2016, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello. I got an email that my screen name was mentioned, but I haven't been checking this forum. I think I am going to sign out, so you can remove me from the list. Thanks. Best wishes to you all!

Stephanie (36) - wife to
(34), mom to 3 crazy

Happy to be
, and a little bit of

Happy
to you all!
#7 of 38 Old 04-02-2016, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Update: I'm pregnant and will due in August!
#8 of 38 Old 04-03-2016, 10:43 AM

Congratulations, better late than never, @blueteapot !

#9 of 38 Old 04-03-2016, 11:54 AM

How exciting @blueteapot , congrats!

So remember in my original post I said i thought it was possible I had ovulated this past Tuesday (March 29)? Well temps and mucous (lack thereof) are looking good, and this morning Fertility Friend agreed with me and threw some crosshairs up there! So I'm now waiting to know! Hopefully I can wait until a week from now (12DPO) to test, but experience tells me that's not likely

I'm Kate! I 

and adore my DS
11/12 and

DS10/14. We 

#10 of 38 Old 04-03-2016, 08:55 PM

FX @katealicia !!

#11 of 38 Old 04-04-2016, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Oww good luck, @katealicia !
#12 of 38 Old 04-04-2016, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Hi all! My son is 16 months and still no PPAF I work full time outside the home. So, in January I stopped pumping. So DS nurses usually when I get home from work about 5pm and then at 8 pm before bed. Then he wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night, we nurse then and then early morning about 5 am before I go to work. I would've thought this would be enough to get PPAF back, but no. I hesitate to night wean because that's our time, but I'm not getting any younger.....

My next thought is to drop the bedtime feed. DH can put LO to bed. Or, drop the get home from work feed which would give me like a 15 hour window with no milk extraction. Which do you guys think would be better to get back PPAF?

And, I see people talk about essential oils. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks! (I think I'll cross post in the breastfeeding section).

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

#13 of 38 Old 04-04-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
Hi all! My son is 16 months and still no PPAF I work full time outside the home. So, in January I stopped pumping. So DS nurses usually when I get home from work about 5pm and then at 8 pm before bed. Then he wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night, we nurse then and then early morning about 5 am before I go to work. I would've thought this would be enough to get PPAF back, but no. I hesitate to night wean because that's our time, but I'm not getting any younger.....

My next thought is to drop the bedtime feed. DH can put LO to bed. Or, drop the get home from work feed which would give me like a 15 hour window with no milk extraction. Which do you guys think would be better to get back PPAF?

And, I see people talk about essential oils. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks! (I think I'll cross post in the breastfeeding section).
@Xerxella , the hormones that regulate your supply and cycle most influenced by nighttime nursing, so if you're looking to drop a feeding I would say the middle of the night one would make the biggest difference. That said, I was able to conceive my second while still nursing my first around the clock by using ClaryCalm essential oil from doTerra. I applied it to the back of my neck in the morning and my abdomen in the evening. It took less than a week. Good luck!

I'm Kate! I 

and adore my DS
11/12 and

DS10/14. We 

#14 of 38 Old 04-05-2016, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

@Xerxella ~I added you to waiting to catch first pp egg. It's totally normal to not get af back even with nighweaning.

@blueteapot ~ Congrats!!!!

@katealicia ~ Fingers crossed for you.

@Oceanspray ~ Ugh on AF showing up soon but Yay for starting a new cycle.

I'm on cd 23. tested yesterday for the heck of it and of course it was --- like i expected. Af isnt due til the 10th.

Kami~34
DH~37,Alex~13,
Ryker~10
Harlan~4

4/05,7/05,11/10
#15 of 38 Old 04-06-2016, 10:11 PM

@SoCaliMommy , are you "kind of not trying maybe"?? Or did you test just because you missing POAS?!!

#16 of 38 Old 04-13-2016, 05:10 AM

Hey y'all,
So my temps have been really high and everything was looking great, BUT I got BFNs on 12,13, and 14DPO (yesterday). Yesterday I started bleeding and assumed I'd gotten my period. But a few things are puzzling me; The bleeding is light. More than spotting, but way less than an actual period. It's been more than 4 years since I've had a period, but when I did get them the first day was always the heaviest. Also, I'm not really having any cramping. Everything I've heard makes the first PP period out to be uterine torture, and I've had a few twinges at most. And also my temps are still high. Yesterday I temped a few hours before I started bleeding, so I thought my temps would be lower by today. But they're only a tiny bit lower, still .75 degrees above my coverline. I have heard of people getting what they thought was a light period and then finding out they were really pregnant the whole time. What do y'all think?

ETA: I'm also still having nipple pain, nausea, etc., which I thought would stop with AF. When I started bleeding I was disappointed, but I was also relieved to at least know what was going on. Now everything is ambiguous again!

I'm Kate! I 

and adore my DS
11/12 and

DS10/14. We 

Last edited by katealicia; 04-13-2016 at 05:16 AM.
#17 of 38 Old 04-13-2016, 08:17 PM

@katealicia , any update? I also hear that PPAF can be weird, but of course, this is also consistent with possible pregnancy. Oh, the torture not knowing.... I hope you get the news you wish!!

#18 of 38 Old 04-13-2016, 08:20 PM

OH, and maybe I haven't mentioned (in a while) that this is my cycle!! I have been "waiting to O" for so long because that is exactly what I had to do in order to ttc again this month, but now I hope to be pregnant and confirm pregnancy by turn of this month.

#19 of 38 Old 04-16-2016, 06:46 AM

@Oceanspray , fingers crossed for you!
I took a while to respond because I've never really been able to figure out what was going on. At this point I'm pretty sure it was just a regular period. But still very weird. It only lasted 4 days and my temps have stayed above my coverline the whole time. My symptoms (sore nipples, nausea) have cleared, though. I only had cramping the morning of the second day and it was pretty mild, and the bleeding seemed heavy enough to be a real period, even though it really wasn't ever *heavy*. For now I'm going to assume it was a real period. I think we're going to take a break and start trying again in the summer, hoping for a Spring 2017 baby. So for now, I'm waiting to be ready. Good luck, everyone!

I'm Kate! I 

and adore my DS
11/12 and

DS10/14. We 

#20 of 38 Old 04-17-2016, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

@Oceanspray ~ I tested cause we havent been being very careful. It was -- and Af showed up a day early. Hope you get a + this cycle .

@katealicia ~ Hugs deciding to take a break.

Kami~34
DH~37,Alex~13,
Ryker~10
Harlan~4

4/05,7/05,11/10
#21 of 38 Old 04-19-2016, 08:11 PM

Thanks @SoCaliMommy . When do you get to start ttc again? I seem to remember maybe in the late summer or early fall?

#22 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Oceanspray~ We are suppost to wait til like August before we can ttc again.

Kami~34
DH~37,Alex~13,
Ryker~10
Harlan~4

4/05,7/05,11/10
#23 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 06:48 PM

Arghhhh, but that was what I thought - it seemed so long! But here's to a ttc-stress free summer!!!

#24 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 06:49 PM

Update for me: I'm waiting to know!!!!

#25 of 38 Old 05-17-2016, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hi ladies! Hope you all are well. I haven't been on in a little while. Wanted to update where we are at. My cycles are regular as far as coming pretty regularly. Only odd thing is that it's 5-8 days later every month and that is not like me at all. What does that mean?!?! Also, this month is the first month we have DTD and not used the withdrawal method. It wasn't that were trying or wanting but more that he had been away for a week which never happens and it just felt right. We would welcome another baby but I mentioned before I have a lot of autoimmune issues and IBS so seems foolish to tax myself any further. Anyway, So twice (may13&14) and here I am 4 days later feeling pretty intense cramping in my left ovary. It Started this morning. I haven't had any signs of ovulation other than a tiny bit of EWCM yesterday morning. Like once when I wiped. Idk. Maybe nothing. Maybe ovulation but seems early if I am not due for my next period until June 5-8? And I ovulate late generally and have a short luteal phase when nursing. So that's my update. Talk to you all again soon!
#26 of 38 Old 05-28-2016, 04:07 PM

That odd pain I was having was implantation!!! Got a BFP on a FRER this a.m!!! Shocked!!!
#27 of 38 Old 06-05-2016, 12:46 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
A year later and we are ready to try again! Please move me to "Waiting to O" @SoCaliMommy
#28 of 38 Old 06-12-2016, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Updated To Here

@blessed#7 Congrats

Kami~34
DH~37,Alex~13,
Ryker~10
Harlan~4

4/05,7/05,11/10
#29 of 38 Old 06-12-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
Updated To Here

@blessed#7 Congrats
Thanks so much happened when we least expected it!!! Still just seems surreal. 6 weeks today!
#30 of 38 Old 07-24-2016, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Hi mamas!

I've been looking forward to getting back into posting on MDC - my June 2015 DDC was such a great source of support and wisdom during my pregnancy and following the birth of my son last year.

He's now nearly 14 mos, and we are still breastfeeding quite a bit, but in the last week or so I've started taking a different tactic to get him to bed for the night, which has resulted in him sleeping MUCH MUCH longer stretches (8+hrs) without nursing, even though we co-sleep So today is cycle day 1 of my first ppaf. I knew that night nursing was a big factor in suppressing ovulation/cycles, but was NOT expecting things to happen quite so quickly! I've never been so excited to see AF before.

I'm more than ready to get started ttc #2 , but DH might need a little more time, so for now I'd like to be in waiting to be ready.

How is everyone else doing?

Mama to DS
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page