Mothering Forum banner

TTC One Thread April-June 2016

9K views 170 replies 24 participants last post by  edubluv 
#1 · (Edited)
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD April to June 2016 :grin:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

Please add or update your current status in a post in BOLD.

Waiting to O
aqueene
tinytina
Lovesong
Lj6212
browneyedgurl
Jeslynn
Malzimus
Lunardays
Steph Anie
slammer kin
crystal_buffaloe

Waiting to Know (2ww)
Slammerkin
Littlebirdmama
Oceanspray
gratefulstella
apeydef
saharaviolet
abrwilliams
lydiearr

Waiting to be Ready
writermama12
Valerievalira

Taking a Break
amraw

Big congrats to you all!

2016 BFP's

April - alivewithyou

2015 BFP's

November - Smella

October - MegaMama1 - Rosehip

September - devilish - Peacemamalove

August - MySweetLife

July - TwilightJoy

June - Piskito

May - itybitywity - Veritas Vitae - Crimson8

April - Mamadance84

March - stardoms - Teles - jaimezee

February - bright-midnight

January - dahlia810

See less See more
#6 ·
No problem adding my bfp its a bfp no matter what now. I don't plan on doing betas unless my tests don't darken. So far I have no reason to worry with how they are looking..hopefully that pattern will hold. :)

#7 ·
Hi! New here :) I'm currently waiting to know, 9 DPO. This is the first month my Husband and I have been seriously trying. (And by seriously I mean charting bbt, taking ovulation tests and all.) Before that we've been off BC for 3 months. So hello to everyone!

#9 ·
Happy monday all, I havent been charting temp, but I have been making a good effort at deciphering Cervical Mucus and cervical position. If I was accurate in my assessments i am cd20, and 4 or 5 dpo. So I'm going to call it and say move me to Two Week Wait. Hope Everyone has a good week.

#11 ·
Hi everyone,

We got our bloodwork done last month. We did bloodwork on day 3, 8, and 21. My prolactin levels were high on day 3. Not sure how high so we repeated fasting bloodwork on day 8, 9, and 10.
We have an appointment with the doctor at the clinic on April 14th. We will find out where we go from there.
Monday April 4th was cycle day 1

#12 ·
@alivewithyou wooohooo :D :D

And fingers crossed for those 2WWing. Welcome, @Lj6212!

I am CD14 and had EWCM yesterday, but don't usually O til late so I broke out an OPK (neg, of course), so now I'm trying to decide if I want to use a bunch of OPKs in a cycle where we're not even trying, but now I feel semi committed til I get a positive/confirm O.

#14 ·
Hello ladies- it's been such a long time since I have lurked here :) but I'm in my 2WW and I think yesterday and a little this am I had Implantation "bleeding" (brown and SUPER light). We've been quietly hoping for #3 and I think this month is it :D

#16 ·
I am back to Waiting to O. Never had a positive test and started my period 3 days ago. :( I also found out yesterday that when I do get pregnant I will risk out of seeing my Midwife due to my high BP even though uts well managed which is frustrating. I'm really dissapointed.

#19 ·
Hello everyone,

Doctor is really upbeat. We are going to try 1 more cycle of medicated IUI and if that's unsuccessful we will move on and do an IVF cycle. We have 2 more vials of frozen sperm. Prolactin levels were back to normal on days 8,9,10 (repeat tests).

#20 ·
Hello all. Had a BFN yesterday and AF came today so I am back at CD1 and Waiting to O. DH is out of town for 2 weeks while we are getting ready to move, but we will be back together again before I O this cycle if things go as usual. @tinytina, Glad to hear your Dr is optimistic. :)

Anyone have good luck with Maca and Vitex?

#21 ·
Sorry for the BFNs, @browneyedgurl and @Lj6212. I hope you are able to get one in the next few months!! @Lj6212, that is really too bad that there are these outer limits for midwife care, even for responsibly managed BP. I don't know the details on why, but I would be frustrated too.

Thinking of you in your 2ww @gratefulstella - any news yet?
@tinytina, good luck with the IUI this cycle! Do you start with the next cycle? I assume you will be stemming for follicle growth?

#24 ·
Sorrt to have dissapeared! I've had to abandon ttc secondary to financial woes. Our insurance stinks and if I get pregnant one year and give birth during a different calendar year I end up having to pay my deductable twice- making the cost of having a baby oit if reach :(

So the plan is to wait and try and ttc in October. That way if I get pregnant we'll just wait till calendar year 2017 to make any doctors appointments.

If I could, I'd go the home birth-midwife route- but I have post partum pre-eclampsia and I don't think any home borth midwife would touch me with a ten foot pole.

So it is waiting it out for us :(

#26 ·
Well...

The pregnancy test this morning came out negative. Of course, with an irregular period (between 32-42 days) it might just be a bit early to test yet and it might, might, might just be a false negative. I'm hoping for that, of course, because it would be really, really lovely with a Christmas baby. But really, a January baby would be just as wonderful. In fact, I think it would be better for the child since if we are pregnant this month chances is he/she (english needs a gender neutral word!) would come into the world on Christmas Eve. Dad told me one of his classmates was born on Christmas Eve, and he always complained bitterly that people would really only give him Christmas presents so every other child got twice as many presents during a year. :p

I'm just so impatient! I really, really want to start a family but I figure that I just need to have patience. Just because I want something it doesn't mean it will happen. In fact, just because I want something right now doesn't mean it is the best thing right now, either.

I'm focusing on the fact that for every month pregnancy is delayed it is one more month where I can work full-time, which means better reimbursement when I get to take the famous Swedish parental leave (8 months for me, 8 months for my husband) since right now I'm a student and only work part time. Once I get a full time position I'll get to keep 80% of my salary during the parental leave if I have worked full time for 6 months prior to giving birth. So, in a way, a baby in January-February would be ideal since I would probably get my first full time teaching job in August this year.

One has to focus on the positives of waiting, no? Positives such as having quiet mornings all to myself, a luxury I should cherish...but truth be told, it is just a bit too quiet around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.