Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I moved you over, man is that FUN!

Please, MORE BFPS!!

Jess
#122 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, as requested, sharing the dust here! More than happy to do so!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#123 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 12:40 PM

Congrats Serenity!Are we due at the same time?I'm either Feb 28th or March 3rd.

(((Shorins eye))))

I just want to say for the record i had morning sickness before my miscarriages also.Even for a few weeks after.This time it is more intense though.It just hit on Saturday.Really bad heartburn sometimes too.

Off to the Dr.No results till tomorrow though.

Marie i don't think we even have any small hardware stores here.Home Depot bought out SAn Diego for sure.My FIL works there so i get a discount.

Hi to everyone

Mamanfrancaise~your temp is up today,good sign!
#124 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 12:46 PM

Congrats Serenity!!! What a wonderful surprise!!!

Oh! Shannon's wedding - lovely, lovely, lovely! Shannon was beautiful, Steve looked so handsome in his kilt, and the dogs were the ringbearers (so sweet!). The ceremony was touching, and the property was gorgeous! Congratulations Shannon & Steve!!
#125 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 12:59 PM

Congrats Serin!!!!
Raven, I puked in the front door of a tim hortons coffee shop a couple weeks ago,
opened the second door, the coffee smell hit me and I lost it. When I came up for air, an old woman patted my back and said "are you pregnant dear?"
Last time I puked in the grocery store after walking by the olives--so while you may have surprised them in Home Depot--you're not likely the only one to have done it!
K, we're off now, I expect a few more BFP's when I get back on Thursday
#126 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 01:04 PM

Shannon, you crazy chicita! Posting on your honeymoon...:LOL Hapy to hear from you, though!
#127 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Joi

Congratulations Serenity!!!!

Oh and if we are supposed to be naming our children after where they were conceived my dd would be named walk in closet.
#128 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 01:27 PM

Congrats to Serenity!!!!!!!!!!

Heve, thanks for the good pg vibes for me. I hope I get to join you?

someone asked about carrots and ewcm. I am wondering if the carrots are providing more vit. A, which seems to be reccomended in several of my fertility books. Carrot juice is supposed to be awesome!! I TRIED to drink that, I just couldn't do it. I bought organic carrot juice at the health food store, maybe I should try again?? Raw carrots are fine by me, preferably with dip!
I checked out this great new fertility book, you all need to read it, called "Staying Fertilie longer". It is GREAT! I am already doing all the things that it reccomends, but I AM going to look into acupuncture, like a few of you suggested.
Lesley, right now I hate it that money is holding me back from getting what I apparently need. Today I feel more positive, just plannining on rebooting in the near future, and will look ahead to the next cycle.
And more about the book....
It also says that anything that gets your circ. going is very positive. Like, mini-trampoline, jumping rope would do the same thing. Think I might try that.

Licorice root is supposed to be good for cm too, if the person who doesn't want to do Robitusson (sorry can't remember) will consider that. Get the deglyccerized version.

And lastly, RAVENMOON~~~~~ I am so, so happy for you! May your numbers climb and climb!! Sticky baby vibes for you.

Shannon, congratulations on your wedding!! How did the 'kids thing' ever work out? Invite or no? Anyway, wishing you the happiest life ever!

mamafrancais, I think your pg! Keep us posted immediately

One more thing to share with those who are having thermometer problems, trying to figure out temps. The book I spoke of earlier suggested taking your DH's temp as a comparison! Someone who is not ovulating, yk? While my dh would not be open to that, maybe someone else's would
#129 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 02:09 PM

Raven, Maman, and others in ambiguity....I'm hoping for you!

If we were to name after place of conception, my daughter would be called Bed!
How conventional!

I'm at CD17. Since I haven't started charting yet, I don't know how many days past ovulation I am, though I'm guessing about 3DPO based on cervical mucus. I just got a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility from the library, and it's a great read! Now I wish I would've been charting this cycle, so I could know when I ovulated and when it stops being ridiculous to test! I'm not patient enough to enjoy this waiting period.

For the record, I have not tested yet. Not even once.

Waiting to see if I reboot before I buy a basal thermometer. Hopefully, I won't have to!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#130 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmoon
Congrats Serenity!Are we due at the same time?I'm either Feb 28th or March 3rd.

My midwife says I'm due Feb 16, but I'm not quite sure. I have 5 week cycles, so it's probably a week later. Same thing happened with my ds. I was due on April 16 (we have a thing with that date, my dd birthday is on a 16), but according to the ultrasound I was due the 23rd. He was born the 15 and the midwife said the ultrasound was right. So, we may move it later.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#131 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 02:17 PM

:

Serenity! May you have nine months of

Sending you all a huge and the brightest Belly Blessings I can summon up!
#132 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 02:27 PM

You know what should be outlawed? Evaporation lines. Pregnancy test companies should really eat my ass.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#133 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 02:30 PM

Hi everyone- I haven't been here in awhile. TTC is beginning to become an emotional rollercoaster, and I've been debating taking some time off from trying. Every month I think that "I *must* be pregnant this time," only to have gotten my hopes too high. This month, I had some light brown spotting on 8 dpo, today is 11 dpo, and 2 pregnancy tests indicated a BFN. Anyone else feel as though their body is playing cruel jokes on them sometimes?
#134 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 02:34 PM

Yes, Amy. I feel that way right now, too. I'm 10 DPO. Let's hope we get our BFPs togather!

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#135 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 03:17 PM

Congratulations Serenity!!!

Raven

My mom was saying recently that I need more Vit A for my skin, but then said that she wouldn't recommend taking any if I'm going to be TTC soon. She said just to get it from foods. Here's some info:
Quote:
Women who take large doses of vitamin A around the time of conception or early in their pregnancy run a higher than average risk of delivering infants with birth defects. Rothman found that women taking more than 10,000 IU of vitamin A daily, either in food or supplements, were three times more likely to deliver infants with deformities of the head, heart, and brain.

Such amounts of vitamin A are found in some multivitamin formulas. Over the past few years, however, many vitamin companies have switched from vitamin A to beta-carotene, which is safe and does not cause birth defects. A 3-ounce serving of liver provides about 30,000 IU of vitamin A.
Vitamin A is essential for normal cellular differentiation and in regulating organ development in the fetus. The researchers recommended that pregnant women either limit their vitamin A consumption to 4,000 to 8,000 IU daily or, alternatively, take beta-carotene.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#136 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

You need to be very careful with the synthetic vitamin A in multis. This is where the birth defect problems are seen (same problem with Accutane -- it's a massive dose of synthetic vitamin A -- isotretinoin related to retinoic acid & retinol).

The vitamin A you get from foods is just fine, including high-A foods such as liver. There is no evidence that natural vitamin A in foods does anything but improve the health of mother and child. The strict RDA is really for synthetic A.

Beta carotene is fine, but it is difficult for our bodies to convert it to vitamin A.

I know some may hate the Weston A. Price foundation but they have collected some very compelling information about traditional nutritional practices. Here is their vitamin A page:

Vitamin A Saga

I take my cod liver oil every day. Yet another thing that grosses out Matt!

Jess
#137 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 03:29 PM

Hi all.. I've been cracking up at this thread today!

Erika... Your "eat my ass" comment made me spit tea all over. Hmmm do I hear a song coming on?? Yes, I think I do!

Amy, Sorry you're feeling so stressed about TTC. Good to see you here again! Try and wait 3 more days to test. Implantation Spotting???? Hmmmmm

Congrats Seren!! Woo HOoooooooo more BFPs!

Raven... : glad you :Puke Hopefully it's a good sign!

Velvet... glad you feel uplifted by the new book! I've got my : for you too!

Lexie.. I was going to post in my LJ about what we were talking about.. but life got the better of me yesterday. I'm on a new topic today sorry sweetie. I will reply to your last post tho.
I had other things to type, but have since forgotten. I'm on cd5, done bleeding, and just in the pre o doledrums. Hoping to start the GIO fest soon, but Hubby hurt his back (of course I'm helping him get better) and has had a wee bit of some stomach flu.. that coupled with the 90 degree weather we've been having.... not conducive to GIO. Oh well, It's early.

to you all!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#138 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorin_Mama
I take my cod liver oil every day. Yet another thing that grosses out Matt!

Jess
Me too, me too! I don't mind the taste at all, and prefer the kind without lemon or other flavours that hide the fish taste. The one I take (Premier Norwegian Cod Liver Oil) is high in vit a, and mild in taste. And getting liver in once a week has always been a goal, esp. now! I've also read that article and found it very compelling! WAPF also has a great article on feeding babies, and pre-conception, if you're curious. I originally saw this article as an excerpt of the book in a magazine, and it really confirmed things I had already been thinking, ways we had always (save for a few misspent years!) eaten...

Korin...welcome back!!! You are getting pregnant!!
#139 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 03:54 PM

So, here's what's going on . . .
(1) I have been on Prometrium (200 mg) since 1 DPO.
(2) I'm spotting starting at 10 DPO (and continuing at 11 DPO) JUST LIKE I ALWAYS DO.
(3) My progesterone level at 7 DPO (with the meds) was 46.6 That seems plenty high.

WHY AM I SPOTTING?????????

Oh, yes, and my nurse is no help. She left the message with my mom . . .my mom asked if the prog. level was good- SHE DIDN'T KNOW. My mom told her I was spotting. THE NURSE SAID THAT WAS GOOD until my mom told her it wasn't good. I can't leave a message with the doctor directly-- ugh. Sorry for yelling, but this is driving me crazy.

Please sorry for my double post on this. . .I'm desperate.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#140 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 04:02 PM

To the Tune "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix

HTP Haze (you have to imagine the searing guitar in the back ground )

HTP Haze are in my brain
Lately the lines don't seem the same
Those HTP companies I've loved in the past
Excuse me now you can eat my ass
HTP haze all around
don't know if I'm Knocked up or not
am i happy or in misery
What ever it is that HTP put a spell on me
HELP ME ... HELP ME
oh i don't know
HTP haze was all in my eyes
don't know if it's CD35 or CD 1
You've got me peeing',peeing' my $$ away
Will it be tomorrow or just the end today
who knows?
help me
yeah come on now
tell me tell me

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#141 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 04:20 PM

Love the new song, K!!!!!

I've been in the TTC duldrums, too... hence not posting much -- sometimes there's not much to say, you know?

Miz, I don't know, but I'm sending you hugs and sticky vibes! (Sometimes spotting isn't a problem -- let's hope this is one of those times!)

That nutritional link Hevea gave makes me want to :Puke: Gross! I can deal with Cod Liver Oil, but "organ meat" -- gag me with a spoon! That's disgusting! (And not just from a quasi-vegetarian pov, I can't stand the taste or the smell!)

So, I posted a rant/ query about my annoying "friend" over in TAO -- if anyone (Korin) wants to check it out... muchos gracias to Jess for her response

I'm going to be putting up pics of my fire-y new hair later today on my LJ, stay tuned

Belly Blessings!
#142 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 04:22 PM

Hello everyone! DH and I have been back from our vacation to Mexico. It was wonderful to get away, but reality came crashing in soon after we returned - life is hectic as usual! Just a few notes:

Chiromama - Fabulous song! It made me laugh out loud - I got some weird looks from people passing through the office!!

Serenity – Congratulations!!

Lesley - I'm so excited for your u/s! It seems like just yesterday you discovered you were pregnant!!

Raven – Throwing up at Home Depot – either it’s the weird paint colors or you are pregnant!!

Maman – Your chart looks good!!

Elena & Velveteen & May - I know exactly what you are talking about. Trying month after month wears me down to and DH and I have some of our worst arguments around O.

I haven't been posting for a while (just lurking) because the pain of TTC for over 18 months has really gotten to me - especially last cycle's 17 day LP. Not knowing WHY I can't conceive makes me feel desperate and sad. : I'm no longer angry - I just feel hopeless. I switched doctors and the new one FINALLY prescribed progesterone - so perhaps that will give me a ray of hope. She said I should try it for 3 months, continue charting, and then try a dye test, then perhaps Clomid or AI.

How do you all keep the faith? 18 months (24 by DH's count, but we took some months off here and there) is EXHAUSTING and DEPRESSING. Words of encouragement?

As for dads - Father's Day couldn't be more of a downer to me. I never knew mine. He actually beat my mom when she was pregant with twins and she miscarried. He then beat her again when she was pregnant with me and she left him. I can't think of anything good that he gave me - just a sense of loss.

As for DH, he will make a fabulous dad! He and his father are so close, and he is also close with his mom. They are wonderful parents - not perfect but loving and accepting and encouraging. And they love me too - I'm so very grateful to have them!!

Sorry about the down note - after all the wonderful things that have been happening here I didn't want to be the wet blanket.
#143 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 04:29 PM

(((Amy & Erika))) give it a few days.

This morning on the way to the Dr's i put on my fav lipgloss called Born Lippy in Mandarin Orange flavor.The smell and taste made me :Puke for some reason it tasted like Fruity Pebbles.I don't know.I will find out my results tomorrow. :

Shannon~thanks for the story.That helps.And get back to your honeymoon!

to everyone
#144 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 04:32 PM

((((((((((((waiting4baby)))))))))))) I don't know how anyone does it either... hell, I don't know how *I* do it, I just keep going one day at a time!

mmmmm Mandarin orange lip gloss sounds nummy!
#145 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 04:47 PM

Yeah, I know. It's good to know there are other women (like the fabulous ones here) here are going through the same thing - but it's still hard on an individual basis. I think if anyone told me 10 years ago I would have this much pain over not being able to be pregnant, I would have laughed like crazy!

I do think that part of my mood has to do with 13DPO - pre-AF perhaps?

My co-worker brought in her sweet baby for a few minutes so I could watch him while she runs to the bathroom. What a little cherub! I loved every minute - but it also makes me long even more for one of my own.
#146 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 05:11 PM

Okay ladies...I'm taking a big leap and announcing that I'm PREGNANT again!

I found out yesterday morning and could have been the one who wrote Ravenmoon's post (warm, loving, sticky baby thoughts to you!) but I was too chicken.

I started having symptoms Saturday and Sunday -- sore boobs, overwhelming fatigue. So I took the test Monday morning and I got the darkest, pinkest, 2 lines I've ever seen (and I've taken a few!). After calculating I figured I was only 10 dpo -- we conceived about an hour after my tarot card reader told us to wait a year or two. How ironic is that? Guess babies really do have their own time-table. (Does it seem weird to have such dark lines at 10 dpo? Last 2 times I was 15 dpo and the lines were only half as dark. Maybe that's a good sign.)

Anyway, I could use some sticky, sticky vibes. I'm afraid, I admit it. I only had one period after my m/c and I can only hope my body is ready for this. But I'm also cautiously optimistic. The night we conceived I had a wonderful dream about our baby that was so realistic and vivid that it actually felt like a visit. The other times I got pregnant, I dreamed about positive HPT's, but never our baby. So hopefully this is another good sign.

Though I'm feeling a bit reserved, I do feel celebratory as well. We're telling our loved ones right away so that they may send any positive energy.
I'm so happy my baby's back -- and I do hope he chooses to stay this time.

Thanks for reading...

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#147 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Would you like me to move you over now?

Like I said, I want MORE 's!!!!!!!

Jess
#148 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 05:21 PM

Kate!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! And I am sending you as much sticky energy as I can

You made my day!
#149 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 05:21 PM

yay Kate.I was really surpised mine was so dark at 10dpo also.I even got a postive digital which is supposed to be a higher HCG number test.Makes me wonder if i conceived earlier.And i miscarried May 26th so i hope my body is ready also.And you show that tarot reader what is really in the fates!
#150 of 453 Old 06-22-2004, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heveasoul
Me too, me too! I don't mind the taste at all, and prefer the kind without lemon or other flavours that hide the fish taste. The one I take (Premier Norwegian Cod Liver Oil) is high in vit a, and mild in taste. And getting liver in once a week has always been a goal, esp. now! I've also read that article and found it very compelling! WAPF also has a great article on feeding babies, and pre-conception, if you're curious. I originally saw this article as an excerpt of the book in a magazine, and it really confirmed things I had already been thinking, ways we had always (save for a few misspent years!) eaten...
I take the lemon Carlson's because that's what's easy to find around here. I actually really like the flavor. I thought it'd be gross but I find my body really likes it. I started drinking raw milk, too. I could NEVER stand milk before, made me want to puke. I love the raw milk though. My grandpa grew up on a dairy and he always lamented having to have pasteurized milk. He said raw milk tastes much better. I'd have to agree!

I have read every page on the WAPF site. It helped alleviate my "vegetarian guilt." I tried to be vegetarian but, even while following the recommedations for a healthy veggie diet, I never felt good. I just don't think it's right for my body. My dad's been a vegetarian for thirty years, it's great for him.

In general I feel wonderful eating the diet discussed by the WAPF. I love the Nourishing Traditions cookbook. We have saurkraut all the time. I buy the unheated kind and frequently just grab a spoonful out of the fridge. Yum. I even discovered I like traditionally-made pickles. I never could stand the commercial vinegar-y kind.

I want my kids to have beautiful faces and teeth like the people in Price's book!

Jess

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page