*slightly crunchy
*Stephanie (dandylion)
*Tanya (Snow Cherries)
*Trisha (RaggedyAnn) 7/4
*Valentine
*Zig (6/1)

LLL - (limbo land lady )

*Lisa (lisabc311)

LWNEH - (Ladies Who Need Extra Hugs, due to a recent m/c)

*Gonnabeamom
*Jesse (wan2bemama)
*Keri (coleslaw)
*LisaG
*Kama
*Pamela (Scootermama1)
*Ravenmoon
*Tara

Waiting to be ready

*Anna (annakiss)
*Jamie (djsgirl517)
*Jessie (farmlilfe3)
*Jodi (squeakermansmom)
*Kathy (kathywiehl)
*Keri (coleslaw)
*Kristie (milkymommi)
*Laura (Justice2)
*MamaBee
*Morgan (Max's Mami)
*mrzmeg
*Olivia (etoilech)
*Pamela (Scootermama1)
*Rose (Weetzie)
*Shaughn (maybemom05)
*SweetTeach
*Tanya (Teensy)

June's
*Ekblad7
*Denise (mama2m&m)
*Heather (Parker'smommy)
*heveasoul
*Jenn (firefly)
*Jenny (Ellie's Mom)
*Joy (wtchyhlr)
*Karen (rose angel)
*Kate (KateSt.)
*Kelly (Kelly1216)
*Kylie (luvmy3boyz)
*LeShea
*Pamela (fairymama)
*Periwinkle
*Ravenmoon
*Serena (I Love My Boy)
*Serenity (Seren)
#2 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since it's Father's day I thougt it'd be nice if we all took a moment to talk about what makes our fathers and partners so special.

Soo, if you like, post one good thing about your father and about your partner.

(If your partner isn't a man, post anyway. Fathering and mothering is part of us all).

Jess
#3 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

It's good to think of good things about my dad because it's easy to focus on just HOW BAD a father he was. :

Here goes: I got two very good things from my dad: my height (He's 6'6" and my mom's 5'3" -- I'm 5'9") and my sense of humor. My mom can't tell a joke to save her life.

Now the easier one --

Matt: Matt will be a great father. He's so kind and thoughtful. He is always looking out for other's feelings. Our children will be lucky to have someone so intently devoted to their psychological well being.

Jess
#4 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 01:38 PM

My dad is fantastic. He has the greatest sense of humor, and he is sensitive, non-judgemental, calm, caring, and smart. I have always had a great relationship with him, and he taught me to be a lifelong Cubs fan! Can't say enough good thing about him.

My husband Justin is the most wonderful father I've ever known. He is a stay at home dad (since my daughter was 7 weeks old) and has an incredibly close bond to her. He is patient, loving, and so supportive. He is more like the traditional mom role in our family, and I'm the dad, and not just with the money situation. He knows what my daughter's needs are and anticipates them, is very attached, and loves her with all his heart (not that I don't, of course). I am so excited to be taking this journey with him again. I feel lucky every single day when I realize what an awesome father and partner he is.
#5 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 01:41 PM

Let's see. One good thing about my father - he's always been very supportive of me. In some ways, I feel like he and I grew even closer as I got older, which I thought (and still think) is a bit unusual. I know that if I have a problem, he'll help me fix it first, and save the advice for later.

Dh - he's very much that 'typical' daddy, the one that's always playing and 'fun,' but he still disciplines dd, sometimes more harshly than I would like - but I am thankful for it, that we both share that task. Though some days it is a bigger task than others!

Great idea!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#6 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 01:45 PM

MY Dad passed 2.5 yrs ago - he had some demons towards the end but now he is @ peace & i'm grateful for that.
he will never get to see my DS.
He was a wonderful G-dad to my DD. He loved her soooooo much. Being a single mom @ the time, he was a good male role model for her.
What I got from my Dad:
love of cars/engines -
ability to know a lot about engines & work on them.
love of the spontaneous
love of hoildays
love of laughing
love of sports
being taught that your word/honor is everything.

My DH -
what can I say:
I waited 40 yrs to find him.
He is honest, FUNNY - one of the funniest people I know.
His honor.
His love of animals
He loves X-mas like I do.
He'd rather be with me than out all the time.
We love to laugh, we love books, sports etc.
I can TRUST him !
He's a fantastic mate & Father.
He puts up with my crap !!

REBOOT -

On the brighter side - I had a 10 day LP (out of 27 day cycle).
My longest LP yet !!!!
not bad for still b/'fing so I'm becoming more hopeful.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#7 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 02:10 PM

Happy Fathers Day to all our daddies! (And our baby-daddies )

My daddy gave me: unconditional love, a taste for spicy food (and sushi, both of which my mom hates!), a good sense of rhythm (he's also a drummer), a sense of duty/ responsibility. My step-dad gave me: a love for the outdoors, a love for football (which we share with my dad - and my step-dad also likes sushi and spicy food!) and a lot of encouragement.

Mike will be the best daddy because he is so patient and loving. Also, between the two of us we know everything, so we're gonna have one smart kid! Not to mention all that beauty he'll be passing on! Mike is already a great father to our doggie -- Pint is a daddy's boy, everyone knows that immediately!

Sending hugs to those re-booting . Des and Joi, I can totally relate to your feeling of relief that at least you were more "normal" than usual!

: for many many many of you!

Over in this corner, I had a bad day yesterday -- absolutely positively felt like I was just about to reboot... felt crampy and depressed most of the day... but no bleeding, and after M got home we took a whirlpool bath and GIO, which made me feel a bit better

Then this morning my temp is up! So -- what up with that? Did I ovulate yesterday (the cramping was very much pelvic oriented, but it could have been my intenstines, I don't know... I had that a few days ago, too). Or did my temp just go up?

We shall see....

Meanwhile, Belly Blessings to us all! (And more post-wedding congrats to Shannon!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sad M's dragonboating prevented me from going... )
#8 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 02:18 PM

Ok a good thing about my dad, he supplied the semen to fertilize the egg, so that I am here today.

Now the easy one, my dh: Gosh so much to say, he is my best friend, he is so patient, caring, supportive, and the best daddy to our dd. He teaches her to relax and enjoy life and will do anything for her even if it is wearing stick on earrings and playing tea party.

Well my temp is on the rise, I am hoping that means that I have or will be o'ing.
#9 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 02:45 PM

Subscribing...

Best thing about my dad: appreciation for art
Best thing about my stepfather: appreciation for hard work
Great things about dh: wonderful, loving, hard-working, , respectful, warm, hands-on, AP-tolerant papa to 2 and 1 on the way
#10 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 02:58 PM

My dad passed away 4 years ago.I loved him even though i felt very abandoned.

My dh is wonderful with our kids.He is fun and smart so they are always learning.

My x-dh is great with our dd.He is a little kid himself so there is always alot of laughing going on.

I made breakfast for my dh and x this morning.Stuffed french toast with ricotta,marscapone,orange zest and slivered almonds and roasted garlic potatoes with scrambled eggs.I also made little creme puffs with fresh raspberries.Yum!

Congrats Shannon~many blessings for your wedded bliss.
#11 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 03:40 PM

My dad is so super positive about life. He's very forgiving and the last person to judge anyone, ever. He's so incredibly accepting and laid back. He's ambitious and so full of life. He's empathetic and sensitive. I've got all of these qualities from him times 10 - especially the sensitivity. LOL

Quote:
Dh - he's very much that 'typical' daddy, the one that's always playing and 'fun,' but he still disciplines dd, sometimes more harshly than I would like - but I am thankful for it, that we both share that task. Though some days it is a bigger task than others!
These are my thoughts exactly. DH is one to sit at the park with Hannah for hours where I just can't. I hate the outdoors, LOL.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#12 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 05:24 PM

Just trying to subscribe (again) - it didn't take the first time. :/ Today's not my day for technology...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#13 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 06:02 PM

Subscribing... I got so excited because my temps went up and when I dug in the trash for my HPT (I know, bad!) there was definitely two lines and not evaporation. But then I got AF. I guess there must still be some pg hormones left from the last one. Oh well!

Could I be moved to waiting to be ready. We won't be trying agina until late-Oct/early Nov due to a family trip to Disney World. I don't want m/s or a fear of a m/c (or worse, an actual m/c) while we are there. So I'll be here, because you couldn't get rid of me if you tried, but not actively...
#14 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 06:09 PM

What a beautiful idea for father's day!

My relationship with my Dad has been so different these past few years. I'm so glad that we're getting to know each other again. He's funny and theatrical, intelligent and interesting. I love noticing our similarities, even though I'm adopted.

My dear wonderful husband, now that could take pages! I am so unbelievably excited to embark upon the journey of raising a child with him. He himself has a childlike quality that I lost so long ago. I never thought it was possible for one person to give/radiate so much love. The day we met, I knew he was it for me, that he and I would have a beautiful life together. I couldn't ever wish or hope for a better person to join me in bringing a new life into this world.

And now I've finally been prompted to get my act together and get some pictures of us online, so here we are, I hope this link works!

http://photos.yahoo.com/glitterbits333
#15 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 06:35 PM

Ugh, so sorry, Keri! Here's to a happy and healthy nine starting in October.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#16 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 07:10 PM

in many ways my dad taught me how to be a good parent, to be reasonable, responsible, firm, reliable

My husband is such an excellent father and husband. He aways listens to my kooky ideas and respects my opinion, he always supports my parenting decisions no matter how "wierd" of "hippie" they are, he loves his son and our family more than anything else on earth. and last but certainly not least he busts his butt for us-so i can stay home with ds...before we got married he hadn't held down a fulltime job ever...he's grown so much. I am so proud of him....i could go on and on but ds wants a story
#17 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

I moved you Keri.

Jess
#18 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 09:21 PM

subscribing
My dad gives unconditional love and taught that to me.
My dh is a great daddy. He was stay at home with our ds for the better part of the first year and knows how to love and play and is passing his amazing musical talents along to our boy. Oh, I just love him so much!

we're still waiting a few months to actively ttc after our recent loss....but in the meantime will continue to lurk here and keep that awesome positive energy flowing
#19 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 09:29 PM

Ok I am writing this when I really should be cleaning my messy house!

My dad is a wonderful, talkative, funny , very smart man whom I have always adored. I am certainly a daddys girl!!!

My DH is a wonderful father, he loves to play with the girls, sometimes he too is a little bit harder on them than I would like when it comes to discipline and we have many diagreements about our parenting but I still wouldn't trade him for the world and the girls wouldn't either

Went looking for a new BBT, and I have not had any luck finding one with the memory adn the light...any online stores i can check out??
#20 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
subscribing.

From my dad I got my work ethic. (which can be a little intense sometimes) He is a hard worker and very smart, and also goo with his hands. (He makes golf clubs in his spare time.)

DH - well, you all know him! He will be a great dad.

Day four of Clomid....will be done soon. and then hopefully I will O and have more than one little eggie ready to go - in order to up my chances.

And then IUI....and then who knows.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#21 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 09:36 PM

Trying not to be hopeful . . .but I THINK I saw "something" on my PG test. (BTW, ignore my chart-- I'm really just 9 DPO). It was a shadow- NOT a line, but it came up twice and never before. (I save my old PG tests-- I'm a nerd.)

Someone talk me out of being hopeful!

DH says he sees nothing, nothing!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#22 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 10:32 PM

Subscribing......I need to be added to waiting to try (or whatever it's called, my mind is mush!)

to everyone who needs it, since I won't need any until December. For the first time today, my husband said, "When we have the new baby ... " !!! He usually says IF. He's really getting on board with us having another child, and is even beginning to look forward to it! As long as he doesn't want to start ttc until Dec. that's good...sometimes once he decides he wants to do something, he can't wait!!!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#23 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 10:40 PM

Hope this week brings many BFPs and no reboots!

Keri, I'm sorry you rebooted . Glad you'll be sticking around till november

Elena... wait and test again in 3 days.... THREE DAYS!!!! I know it seems like an eternity, but you're only 9 DPO :

It's 6:30 and I haven't called my dad yet.. mainly because it's hot and I'm grouchy.
My dad is a great father... a little distant emotionally, but he taught me (and my sisters) to be lifelong lovers of the outdoors, gardening, and games We never have a family event without cards or boardgames.
My husband will be a great father because he knows how to love and respect someone. He is adoring, and sweet. He is goofy and funny, he laughs at his own and others farts, and chases me around with stuffed animals. He is the best guy in the whole world. (I know you all think your husbands are, but really, mine is. )

Ok, I've got to go to the grocery store.. see you all tomorrow!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#24 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
...he knows how to love and respect someone. He is adoring, and sweet. He is goofy and funny, he laughs at his own and others farts, and chases me around with stuffed animals....
Oh great, now Korin's HUSBAND and I were separated at birth!!! That's just too weird for words! (Where's the chase Korin around with stuffed animals smilie when you need it????)

Oh, shoot, my stuffed animals are still in a box downstairs... I forgot about them!

And for the record, yes -- farts are very funny! :

But seriously, I don't have to fight over who has the best husband, cause I have a wife! (It's true -- the Rabbi said to repeat after him: "I, Alexis, take this man to be my wife..." and I repeated it very quickly!)

Keri

May this be a week without anymore rebooting, and a week of many many many BFPs!

Belly Blessings!
#25 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 11:11 PM

Day 14 & where the heck is my CM???? :

i don't usually ovulate until around day 18 or 19, but i still usually have a little bit of CM starting by now......is it just b/c i'm looking for it now that its not there??? i bought some EPO today so i'm going to try that next cycle to see if it improves my CM. did this work for any of you???

i'm not actually ttc yet - we're waiting till sept. (big disney trip planned in sept and i really can't begin to imagine walking around the parks with the first trimester fatigue i had last time i was pg) but last night i told dh (just prior to GIO) that i thought maybe we should try sooner since it may not happen right away......well....he ended up pulling his boys out before the end!!! he wasted perfectly good sperm!! he thought i was just having a week moment when i said it.... that and he doesn't want me whining about pregnancy related stuff during our trip to disney in september! ahhh, the real truth is exposed!

anyway, lots of for everyone.

keri, sorry about the reboot.....
curious though - when are you visiting disney? sounds like it might be around the same time as us.

elena - :
#26 of 453 Old 06-20-2004, 11:25 PM

Today I got a positive OPK! What a nice Father's Day pressie to give to dh!
#27 of 453 Old 06-21-2004, 12:55 AM

Elena!!!! I'm so excited. I, for one, will not be able to tell you not to test again tomorrow morning with FMU. So please ignore me.

I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon in my mom's office. Hopefully we will see a heartbeat.

Gotta go get some rest, still recovering from the damn cold, and I have to get report cards done tomorrow (eek, end of the year stuff!)
#28 of 453 Old 06-21-2004, 01:23 AM

Well, yesterday Ovusoft gave me a line. Today my temp dropped .4 degrees and it took it away. Ughhh. And I timed the GIO just right. Guess we'll have to just keep doing it!

Great pics Sarah- you both look so happy!!

Elena- :

Lesley- Good luck at your doctor's appt., I'm sure everything will be great. And you get to hear your little belly bean!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#29 of 453 Old 06-21-2004, 01:25 AM

Hello again, all! Sending lots of baby vibes your way!

I'm at CD15, probably 1-2DPO, but I'm not charting yet, so I can't be sure.

Sooo, when is too early to test? I finally got some AimStick Pregnancy Test Strips - do those work well? I'm not in the know. (Yes, I know that today is too early. But when does it stop being too early?)

This is all so new to me--we didn't TTC with my daughter. She was a happy surprise blessing. Thanks for letting me tag along! I enjoy browsing your posts when I have time, and I hope for happy, healthy babies for all of us!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#30 of 453 Old 06-21-2004, 01:41 AM

Back to not feeling hopeful. I have cramps. I think AF may be coming soon. Of course, I am going to break my promise (I know, I know, Korin, I really should wait) if my temp is up tomorrow and test in the AM. Wishful thinking since these cramps seem to be telling me NO WAY, but I'm a test-a-holic. IT'S AN ADDICTION!

Keri: I'm sorry about the reboot. I was really hoping . . .

Tara: When you find a BBT with a light, would you let me know? I had a flashlight near my bed, but DD found it and now the battery is dead . . .I think that scenario will keep repeating itself if I keep the flashlight there!

Adina: The days are clicking by-- I can't believe you're getting close to O again!

mom2three: It's so nice when DH is on board!

Jodi: I tried EPO this cycle AND Robitussin and I had a lot more fertile mucus than before (but I also had a cold). It wasn't tons more eggwhite, but at least it was watery.

Sarah: Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Trisha: YAY on the OPK!!!!

Lesley: I'm so excited for your u/s! Report back if you have time/energy. (I know report card time is exhausting, though!)

Dani: Maybe tomorrow's temp will go up and the line will come back!

Serina: Don't ask me about too early testing .. .I'm notorious for it!

Time for bed . . .progesterone making me feel woozy . . .HUGS TO ALL!
(Oh, and I loved everyone's dad/partner stories!)

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page