The One Thread: June 27th - July 3rd..... - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
First ... 5  13  14  15
Trying To Conceive > The One Thread: June 27th - July 3rd.....
shannon0218's Avatar shannon0218 07:05 PM 07-03-2004
Well ladies I'm home!!!! Yeah!!!!! Of course I got here and am having to madly clean up as dh has been home alone with a bunch of dogs for 3 days--and I'm not having a nurse come in to this disaster--why is it if you ask a man to do something out of his normal "routine" he simply can't still do the things that normally are in his routine??? I mean, how hard would it have been to do the dishes--it was just him eating????????
So, my drugs should be arriving in aobut 1/2 an hour and my nurse will be here around 7:30--oh geeeee, I can't wait--of course it's far better than being in a hospital.
Adina, this is it for you!!!! Maybe feeling like a jacked up car is the ticket?? I mean it worked for me!!!

glitterbits333's Avatar glitterbits333 07:41 PM 07-03-2004
Adina--:

Shannon--Happy 8 weeks and one day! So glad you're home.

Possibly 2dpo here, feeling blah and frustrated with my chart/temps. Off to drag myself into the shower and then onto some major grocery shopping. So glad to have a long weekend ahead of me!
phoebekate's Avatar phoebekate 09:35 PM 07-03-2004
keep me in your thoughts girls I am off to hospital this morning as the pain continues, possibly worsening. something is obviously wrong... I feel really sad that this cycle is looking bad and my cycles are so damn long...
shannon0218's Avatar shannon0218 09:45 PM 07-03-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebekate
keep me in your thoughts girls I am off to hospital this morning as the pain continues, possibly worsening. something is obviously wrong... I feel really sad that this cycle is looking bad and my cycles are so damn long...
I'll be thinking of you and sending you very healthy thoughts!!

polka123's Avatar polka123 11:36 PM 07-03-2004
phoebek- feel better ! take care sweetie

shannon - i bet the furkids are happy you are home.
when I came home with DS after being in the hospital for 3 days (emerg C)
they were so happy & I brought this little thing home that we smelled in your belly all that time
It was amazing the all 5 dogs were so happy but they knew to be careful around me & DS !
they are so smart.
shannon0218's Avatar shannon0218 03:03 AM 07-04-2004
Well I had to go back into emerg to have the IV restarted. The one they put in before I left blew. So now I have an arm splint that is all bandaged up as it's the very last vein I have--You'd think that would work, but Havoc is fairly convinced it's a bite sleeve. :
Johanna's Avatar Johanna 04:03 AM 07-04-2004
Shannon, sorry you're having so many problems with your veins I Hope your recovery is fast.

phoebekate, I hope your trip to the hospital is an in and out thing.

So, I went to the health food store and we looked in their herb book. It said that Vitex was good for LENGTHENING cycles and balancing hormones. Well, being that this is CD68 LENGTHENING is not what I want. It did mention that dong quai is supposed to regulate cycles as well. Check this link for info about it http://www.chinese-herbs.org/dong-quai/

And I think Blue Cohosh will shorten cycles (but that is one you can't take if you're already pregnant). If the dong quai doesn't work maybe I'll try this. But I know I have to be very careful about not taking it post-ovulation.
muse's Avatar muse 04:33 AM 07-04-2004
Depending whether I believe ff or not. I think 11dpo. But, eek, I just realised AF is due tomorrow (mon) or tues, how did that come along so fast? And, darn it, I just found an unused hpt in the bathroom. Now the temptation is there. But I'll wait till tues. Maybe.

phoebekate I hope the hospital trip is helpful.

shannon, take good care of yourself.
gristastic's Avatar gristastic 06:06 AM 07-04-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
Well I had to go back into emerg to have the IV restarted. The one they put in before I left blew. So now I have an arm splint that is all bandaged up as it's the very last vein I have--You'd think that would work, but Havoc is fairly convinced it's a bite sleeve. :
omg. Shannon, what an ordeal, to say the least.

Feel better soon.
phoebekate's Avatar phoebekate 06:48 AM 07-04-2004
shannon I am so sorry you had to go back to the hospital, that sucks.

my trip to the hospital was fine, and I want to say pointless but I have a script for an u/s if I want one now... I was (of course) in less pain that I have been in for days when I was there, they don't think it is UTI/kidneys, which means probably ovarian cysts and it was worth going to hear that this is unlikely to have any real bearing on my ability conceive (or so the good DR said). Still I feel pretty pessimistic right now.

I will probably get the ultrasound just to know what is going on...
muse's Avatar muse 08:18 AM 07-04-2004

muse's Avatar muse 08:19 AM 07-04-2004
Well, mamas...lots of tugging and pulling in my belly this morning. Lay down for a nap, and a very strong voice "spoke" to me.

Tested, and

holy crap!
I'm shaking.
And you're the very first people I've told!

Dh and I had a huge fight earlier (that's always a good sign of pg for me!), he's at the park with Ds, and I've wrapped up the hpt in Ds's old baby sleep suit and am heading out to find them. tears in my eyes.

This one is sticking This one is sticking This one is sticking this one is sticking This one is sticking
Patchfire's Avatar Patchfire 09:56 AM 07-04-2004
Congratulations, Maya!

And...

squeakermansmom's Avatar squeakermansmom 09:59 AM 07-04-2004

Oh, that is sooo exciting Muse! CONGRATULATIONS!
Lots of baby vibes coming your way!
phoebekate's Avatar phoebekate 10:00 AM 07-04-2004
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you - yay yay! Lots of sticky baby vibes coming your way! I wanted to say to you earlier that I bet you did better in the interview than you thought you did. I know you say that you couldn't take it if you are pregnant but if they do offer maybe you should really give some thought to how you could make something work with them. It sounds like emotionally you really need to work again, at least that is the impression I got... maybe you could job share? Obviously I know nothing about the exact situation but at least think really hard about your options and have a talk with them if you do get offered the job - wouldn't that be two fantastic positives at once!
Mizelenius's Avatar Mizelenius 10:58 AM 07-04-2004
phoebekate: I hope you're doing OK!

Shannon: ACK! Another hospital visit!

Maya: OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!! I am just SO excited for you!!!! You knew this whole job thing would make you pregnant! I'm glad you know early, too, so it can help you sort everything out . . .and I think it means you were meant to stay in the UK! Wooooo hooo!!!!!!!! (And yes, this one WILL stick!)

Hugs to all!!!!
Selissa's Avatar Selissa 11:00 AM 07-04-2004
My body can't seem to decide whether it wants to ovulate or not...grrr...of course stressing out over it does not help...sigh....

(((Hugs))) SHannon I hope you get over this really quickly

and YEY MUSE!!!!!!

shannon0218's Avatar shannon0218 11:17 AM 07-04-2004
YEah Maya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!
Stick baby stick!!!!!!!!!!!!
RaggedyAnn's Avatar RaggedyAnn 11:27 AM 07-04-2004
Yea Maya!! Congratulations!

RaggedyAnn's Avatar RaggedyAnn 11:28 AM 07-04-2004
Shannon...gosh I'm so sorry you are having m/s so bad and having such problems with your veins. I sure do hope you don't have to got stuck again.

Becca'sMama's Avatar Becca'sMama 12:21 PM 07-04-2004
Congrats to the BFP! I am so-o living vicarously through you right now!

My dh and I had a HUGE argument last night. I am just so sad about the whole thing. I have heard that infertility can really break apart a marraige but I never thought it would happen to us. We are generally a pretty happy couple. Add to that the stress of my dh's self employment and his need to fix everyone's electricity in the whole city....and my desire to have another baby....coupled with 11 months of trying.....and what do you get?
Well, I'll tell ya, it's not looking so good on the baby making front. I just wish he would've said something before I put my body through this! the Provera, Glucophage, clomid, etc. I guess we just aren't on the same page. He says he wants another baby but how come I am left holding the bag? He hasn't done anything other than wear boxer shorts (which he always wears anyways)! He drinks a beer every night and doesn't take any vitamins.
He stresses himself out working because he doesn't have any helpers.
He works 6 days a week and lets his customers call at ALL hours ie 6:30am or 10:30pm!!!! And now he is working again! On his day off!
To me, if you say you want something (like a baby) there is an action that goes with it.
He told me that he wants to leave today and go on a one man vacation away from me and our dd!!!! I want him to go just so he can get his sanity back, but his problems will still be here waiting for him.

I'm so sad because today is cd12 and I am sure to ovulate in the next few days on clomid.....sad that there was no GIO in our house last night.
Maybe tonight will be different. I made his favorite dessert this morning for dinner tonight.
Any ideas/experience on how to get on the same page with dh? I'm thinking that men are just wired differently than women....
Thanks for letting me vent. I hope I haven't brought anyone down with me.
I am just really sad because I feel like it isn't ever going to happen.
slightly crunchy's Avatar slightly crunchy 12:42 PM 07-04-2004
Congratulations Maya!
What a wonderful Fourth of July surprise! Oops, I just remembered you're in the UK! Well, a wonderful surprise nonetheless.

s Christina. I don't post much but I'm rooting for you! No advice on the DH front. I, too got into a petty argument with DH last night around GIO time. And I had the most fertile cm I've seen like--EVER! And this is only our first cycle ttc, but I have stressed myself out so much already since I had to wait so long to even get ppaf back. Anyway, hopefully your DH will get his head on straight so you can make this baby!

Hugs to Shannon, also. What an ordeal. I will pray you are feeling better soon, with no more need for IV's.

Kim
shannon0218's Avatar shannon0218 01:19 PM 07-04-2004
Christina, , it's difficult, but maybe I can shed some light on the mind of a small business owner. Most of us are control freaks to an extent--that's what gives us the temperment to suceed in the self employed world. It's very stressful, there is no guarentee, so you feel you need to take ANY work that comes your way, no matter how inconvenient. For me, one slow week and I'm figuring my business is going down the tubes, regardless of wether the books show I had the busiest week of my career the week before. Babies and families are expensive and maybe he is panicing a bit about the financial responsibility of another child--asking himself if he will fail as "bread winner"
I'd say more, but I'm doing this with only one hand and it's taking forever. Hope I made sense.
jocmtl's Avatar jocmtl 01:42 PM 07-04-2004
Hey everyone,

So many cute pictures!!! Very inspiring (the kids)!

AdinaL: Totally hear you on the discomfort of the iui (and the car thing, so true!). All in all, it's an experience I hope not to repeat very often! And way to go on those multiple eggs! :

Maya: Woohoo!

Hugs and good luck to shannon and phoebekate.

Reboots and waiting to o's: sending strong fertility vibes you way

Christina: what a difficult time this must be for you. My heart goes out to you and I hope you and dh get back on the same page soon.

Waiting to know's: hang in there!!

Had a weird experience in the middle of the night on Saturday. Woke up with pain in my right ovary, and when I put my hand there, there was a big bulge, like a cherry. Creepy!! I went to pee, and when I came back it was gone. I called the fertility clinic in the morning and the nurse said it was probably a cyst, not big deal. I told her I was 13dpo and she said I should test Sunday morning if AF didn't show up.

So this morning, bright and early, DP and I got up and POAS and guess what? !!! We used that clearblue test and it literally took seconds for that line to appear. I can't believe it and I hope it sticks sticks sticks!!!
shannon0218's Avatar shannon0218 01:44 PM 07-04-2004
Alright Jo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joi's Avatar Joi 01:54 PM 07-04-2004
Please join me in the new one thread.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=164718
polka123's Avatar polka123 01:58 PM 07-04-2004
maya- woohoo

shannon - jeez woman !
a bite sleeve - that's too funny
First ... 5  13  14  15

Up