The One Thread July4-10 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2004, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG! :LOL : :

That was beautiful! I HEARD the song in my head with these words... GREAT!

Korin, you're my hero

Man, you made me go all crazy with the smilies!

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2004, 05:41 PM

:LOL : : : :LOL Korin, I must admit that is my favorite thus far (a little known secret about me is that Tool is my favorite band, though it's not in keeping with my cheery outlook!) Joi, thanks for the request and Korin, thanks for the laugh. I think dh will love this one, too!

I'm off for a week of vacation. When I get back, I expect to see everyone knocked up!

See you soon...

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 07-09-2004, 05:48 PM

AF was due to come today and she's here. I'm bloated up like a balloon and I feel like crap.

I can't wait to go to the doctor next month and get this ball rolling. I miss being pregnant soooo bad and this waiting thing just sucks!!

Thanks for listening

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm going home now...but I just had to say Amy (Hoosier etc.) your little Ross is SOOOOOOO cute!!! I just looked at the photo!!! (and sorry arrived!)
and have a great weekend filled with BFPs, all!
Jesse
Old 07-09-2004, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan2bemama
I'm going home now...but I just had to say Amy (Hoosier etc.) your little Ross is SOOOOOOO cute!!! I just looked at the photo!!! (and sorry arrived!)
and have a great weekend filled with BFPs, all!
Jesse
Thanks so much, Jesse! You have no idea how much I needed that

I hope you have a good weekend.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:43 PM

Wan2bemama-soy shakes-yum! Sounds good! Do you have a recipe that you follow or some certain soy product that you use? I'd love to NOT use clomid-it's making me nuts!
(BTW-that smilie reminds me of my dh after cunninglingus! : :
Amy- I just taught myself how to knit a few days ago and I used the book
The Everything Knitting Book by Jane Eldershaw

Chiromama-I'm like a HPT addict...don't they have a support group for this???
"Hello, my name is Christina and I am a HPT addict." " Hello Christina!"

Well, my bf called last night and told me that I am forcing a baby right now since I am using clomid. I should've told her to bite me! : But I didn't...she doesn't have any kids nor does she want any...she just doesn't understand. And she is coming to visit for 4 days at the end of the month!
I hope I am preggers by then because I just don't want to hear that kind of .
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'll still be here lurking... :

Has anyone ever seen this site?
http://www.vocalicious.com/empty_ar..._arms_mod2.html
I'm not sure if you can see it from that link but it is the saddest thing....
I saw it on the Soul Cyster's message board and I had to watch it over and over and cried my eyes out.
If you can't see it from the link, try going to www.soulcysters.com and click on the message boards. Scroll down to the Mother'hood', select it and click on Trying to Conceive, then click on the 4th one down with the subject "sticky. Site about infertility, very moving".
Old 07-09-2004, 07:11 PM

Christina, you trying to make me cry now?

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
Old 07-09-2004, 07:20 PM

What an important, beautiful, moving site...
Thanks for sharing this, Christina.

Amy, I checked out Ross's pic..and I concur that he is the cutest little boy! You are very blessed, indeed.

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 07-09-2004, 07:26 PM

Wow, that site killed me. I'm either pg or PMS. either way...

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:27 PM

This might sound kinda sick but late at night when dh and dd are asleep and i am lurking online I go to this website and bawl my eyes out. I can relate to this woman's pain. I guess sometimes it just makes me feel better to let it all out....I should've warned y'all...bring your hankies to the computer and turn up the volume!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/590d6

Please help me figure out what's going on.

As you'll see on the page, FF said I O'd on CD 20 while I was entering the data...then seemed to change it's mind when I got to the low temps on CD33, 13DPO, or right around when it normally drops just before I get

SO POAS two days ago, cd 35, and got a

Ladies, please help me figure out what's going on if you can. Did i just not O, or am I preggers but inexplicably testing neg, or do i have low progesterone that wont let me get my af? I'm going to call the midwife on monday if it's not cleared up, or maybe even the ob's she works with too.

If need be i can repost this on next weeks The One Thread or something.

THanks in Advance.

: :
Old 07-09-2004, 07:46 PM

OK ... I went out and bought a couple pg tests today. What was I thinking??? Someone please talk me out of taking another test until at least Monday. I swear it will just come out negative and aggrivate me more.

About FMU ... I think the problem with me is sleep. I don't get much! I go to bed around midnight and it takes me forever to fall asleep (insomnia), then I wake to nurse Haley several times, and often have to deal with nightime wakings of my other kids. They then get me up between 3:30 and 5AM. I am a night person, they are morning people. UGH! Maybe I just won't pee for the rest of the day and night and see what happens!

Korin ... great song!!! You rock! Are you SURE you're going to wait to test? No more hpt accidents? PROMISE?

Prophetmother ... wait for FMU...otherwise you may waste a test

Oh, and I'm really ....ummm.... how do I put this delicately so as not to offend .... moist now....could this be early pg or af on her way (I really should've paid more attention to these things in the past!)

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 07-09-2004, 07:50 PM

Annie ... Sorry, but I'm no help with your chart. I'm testing negative at cd43 w/ pg symptoms and lack of af, which usually comes on time. I feel your aggrivation!!! KHA for you!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 07-09-2004, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt.
Amy, I checked out Ross's pic..and I concur that he is the cutest little boy! You are very blessed, indeed.
Thanks so much, Kate. BTW, if/when we have a little girl we are naming her Kate, only spelling it Cait. We just love that name!

Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca'sMama
Has anyone ever seen this site?
http://www.vocalicious.com/empty_ar..._arms_mod2.html
I'm not sure if you can see it from that link but it is the saddest thing.... I saw it on the Soul Cyster's message board and I had to watch it over and over and cried my eyes out.
If you can't see it from the link, try going to www.soulcysters.com and click on the message boards. Scroll down to the Mother'hood', select it and click on Trying to Conceive, then click on the 4th one down with the subject "sticky. Site about infertility, very moving".
Becca’sMama – That site is amazing! I had the music down way in my office and still teared up!! As for soy smoothies, I usually put a frozen banana and some soy milk in a blender with cinnamon and that tastes fabulous!! I don’t know if someone here uses actual soy/tufo, but that would be interesting.

Chiromama - Great song!! You should do a recording - I have a great band for you that could do it to. They are called "The Righteous Mothers" and are pretty darn cool!! (see http://www.righteousmothers.com/). They call themselves female progressive feminist folk musicians. One of the singers is my friend and has gone through fertility issues with her own partner, so she could relate. Of course, if you've got song-writing talent you probably also have a nice voice too and would like to sing your own songs!!

Hey Katy – We’re both CD12!! Wouldn’t it be great if we got pregnant together!

Amanda – Those HPTs are addictive!!

Annie – The FF sometimes bites!! According to TCOYF the ewcm, not the temp, is the most important indicator of fertility. However, your chart is quite, quite long!! I have had a BFP at 21dpo, just to miscarry a few days later because of possible progesterone deficiency. Do you have a friendly doctor to whom you can show your chart and get a blood test? It will measure a smaller dose of Hgc than the HPTs.

Haven’t posted much lately, but have been reading. Hugs to all the ladies who need it and woo-hoo on the BFPs!!!

I’m leaving work early to pick up my two nieces – 12 and 15 – for the weekend. They are wonderful girls and dh and I am going to have a great time!!
Old 07-09-2004, 08:24 PM

Well DD woke up at 4:15 this morning (why it is always on the weekend?) and my nipples were sore when she touched them, and when she latched on OWWWWW - no way was I going back to sleep with her causing that much pain. Mercifully she stayed in bed with us instead of demanding to get up when she was done feeding at 4:30 but she fondled my belly button for another hour before finally going to sleep and I was awake the whole time thinking "i must be pregnant, please leave my belly button alone, don't get your hopes up (about either), I must be pregnant, please leave my belly button alone, don't get to excited, I must be pregnant" and so on. BFN when I got up but I am thinking I may have implanted 9 or 10 dpo so I am not feeling that phased. Yet.

Jesse - thanks so much for looking into the implanation stats, I am really keen to know! Good luck sorting out whether to go with a new donor.

angstmommy - sorry the procheive is so yucky and sorry about the BFN but it is WAY to early to test!!

megan - sorry about the BFN, hope you are wrong and this is your cycle though!

Kash - your chart is looking good, I hope this is it for both of us and we are just going to test a bit later than 10dpo!

Sarah - cleaning is a GREAT way to lift your spirits cause you get happy and a clean house! I hope this is your month.

Amanda - I hope you are right and the tests are wrong 2 weeks is a LONG time to be waiting to know, well 4 really...

Korin - your charts looking GOOD! thanks for clarifying what your ND thought was odd, I may call my homeopath this weekend. today was good/normal though I didn't get to take my temp during the hot flush so i don't know what it was doing then... I have no advice on O day btw, don't know enough, but I can see either....

Alexis - have fun!

Amy - sorry about the reboot and associated yuckies, i hope assistance does the trick for you first cycle!

annie - wow your chart really does look ovulatory right up to the end where it goes back to coverline with no AF. I have no idea, I have only been charting for 3 cycles... but hugs to you, i would be going crazy - I HATE confusion and uncertainty

ok, on with the day.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:34 PM

i knew I forgot something! Knitting... sorry this turned out to be so long when it is SO off topic...

I tought myself to knit a few months ago in order to knit DD a nappy cover, the knitting worked really well, it looks great and my Grandmother the queen of knitting (I kid you not) was clearly shocked when I showed her (don't know whether to be flattered or offended :-). unfortunately I made it a bit wide as i didn't do a good job of guessing how much bigger to make the pattern, plus I have gone right of the idea of wool nappy covers so I don't know if it will ever be used but at least its done. Anyway I taught myself to knit using these websites:

http://www.woolfestival.com/articles...nstruction.htm
http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/knitting/index.html

I found it so much easier to learn from video than pictures, I found it very helpful to make the picture move really slowly so that I could see exactly what is going on...

I have been itching to get back into it and just borrowed this book from my friend:

http://www.dymocks.com.au/ContentDyn...SBN=0091889138

As I had only knitted once before I had to relearn casting on from the book and remind myself of the basic stitches and I found it pretty simple to do from this book. The patterns are really cute and not very scary to me as a beginner.

I have a question for more experienced knitters here. My purl is always much looser than my plain, I worried about this with the wool wrap but it actually worked fine however my new project is a blanket in garter stitch and I have done one test in all plain and one in all purl. the purl is 1/2 an inch bigger, I knitted it faster and I think my body was less tense, should I just go with that or should I work on my plain stitching? how does one go about making your tension less?
Old 07-09-2004, 09:13 PM

Still haven't O'd. : I'm guessing it's today since I have EWCM and am HSO. I didn't have sex yesterday because I was literally getting SICK of having baby sex and needed a break. But I'll GIO tonight - I probably missed the egg anyway since I could have ovulated any time during the wee hours - who really knows. This sucks. Grr.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

Old 07-10-2004, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter
Joi

Korin You friggin RAWK!!!

Tyler 2nds that as well.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:24 AM

... and I love my temps.

I decided to go with the 98.4 the other day, which makes today's the highest yet, whee. I don't know why but for the past three or four days I've been waking up at 6:10, very regularly. If it weren't the end of the cycle I'd just decide to make 6:10 my new temping time, honestly. But I've been correcting because there's no way to make myself not wake up, lol. Still, there's a pattern in the 6:10 temps... today's is .7 degrees higher than Thursday's, for instance. *is pleased*

I'm not testing again until Monday. I think I'm probably weird but I like testing alone and then telling dh later. It's what inadvertently happened with dd and for whatever reason I like that.

Now I will stop rambling on... have a great Saturday, everyone!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 07-10-2004, 10:54 AM

I like your chart too Kash, very nice indeed!! I was not phased at all getting a bfn this morning but tomorrow will be harder I think, but i don't see myself waiting till monday or tuesday either - I am impressed you can stop testing once you have started!!

I have lots of good signs but I have mild pms style backache too, I remember thinking AF would come any day for at least a week last time i was pregnant but I can't remember why. I also remember having so much cramping I thought it was ectopic, but not what that really felt like so I am swinging between hope and well not despair but negativity about this cycle... off to bed now...
Old 07-10-2004, 12:25 PM

Another BFN today. I Oed between 18-20 and I'm between 8-10DPO, my tests are supposed to be sensitive enough to detect pregnancy at 6-8DPO so I guess I'm not pregnant.
I don't have period symptoms either though. I guess I'll be bringing my period stuff on our weekend away.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 07-10-2004, 01:35 PM

Oh, my dh (which is not standing for dear right now) said, "Well, maybe we aren't meant to have any more children." "ever?!" "Maybe" I just left the room.

Maybe we should make a list of things not to say to a TTC momma.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 07-10-2004, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter
Joi

Oh Megan

KHA and you will be in my thoughts today.

Well, she uped my dosage from a 4% gel 2x a day to an 8% gel 2% a day. It is supposed to make me very drowsy so I guess Tyler can just mount me while I am passed out now.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarasmom
Another BFN today. I Oed between 18-20 and I'm between 8-10DPO, my tests are supposed to be sensitive enough to detect pregnancy at 6-8DPO so I guess I'm not pregnant.
Megan, if you implant at 7 DPO (which is typical) or later (which can certainly happen) then there is NO way those tests would work so early . . .they'd be trying to detect a hormone that isn't even there! I'm still KHA for you!!! (And BOOOOOO to your "D"H!)

I'm beginning to be convinced that Alexis is so, so right . . .we should all wait until AT LEAST 12 DPO to test.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Old 07-10-2004, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
Joi

Oh and I forgot to add that my temo is wayyyyy up today. Weird.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:09 PM

Joi... Your chart looks pregnant.
My temp is stillup, but my cervix is all soft. typical sign of pre period. However, I feel like barfing. Could be the meaty hash my dad made this morning, (i'm a veg) and the house smells like rotting flesh.
I'm at my parents, and have snuck away for a moment... however when someone walks in the room, I have to quickly close the page.. since none of them know we are TTC. Anyway... it's my dad's 60th bday today.. big party.. and I don't feel good.
I had an interesting conversationw ith my little sis, she saw all the baby stuff at our house, and figured things out... thensaid " well If you were as fertile as me, you'd have a whole brood by now!" uh, Thanks. Now I feel even less fertile.
Ok, must go, family is getting suspicious.
I'llbe back tomorrow eve.
Joi... are you going to test soon?? I'm going to wait till tuesday... Unless Ryan comes back from flyfishing with a test.

Oh yeah, I sometimes take my temp at night.. and usually it's only a couple of .1 above my morning temp, but last night it was 98.7. It's never been that high. Does that mean anything?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 07-10-2004, 03:31 PM

Doggy sitting, day two.
Well, no doggy pooping on the carpet so, we're doing good. We were smart and ate before we came over. And now we're watching my friend's cable (I refuse to pay for anything more than basic because, well, I'll watch it).

Of course, still no period. CD75 Will I reach CD100? That would be interesting. Could I have a Party?

My son actually referred to my dong quai and water as "butt water" Well, it DOES smell like butt! Of course the name will stick and I will now refer to it as butt water. *shudder*

-=Johanna=-
Old 07-10-2004, 03:46 PM

Beautiful, exciting chart, Kash! :

Phoebekate--s Can't remember what dpo you are, but I'll KHA for you!

Same for you Megan--Whoever is claiming that their tests work at 6dpo needs to have a wake-up call. Elena is totally right about implantation and all that stuff. So sorry about your husband's insensitivity too. That's tough.

Joi and Korin, looking awesome gals! So when exactly are you two testing? I'm 9 dpo right now, but not too happy with my chart, so I think I'm going to wait a while.

Johanna

So yeah, 9 dpo here, with possible tender ta-tas, and possible nausea every now and then. Mind games, I tell you. It's awful. Horrible fight w/ DH last night, which I'd like to chalk up to being hormonal, but really, I'm just a big meanie sometimes, to put it nicely. Ugh. Glad it's Saturday at least. I hope everyone out there has a good weekend, with lots of GingIO, or lots of 's!
Old 07-10-2004, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
Joi

Oh Korin~ I am sorry. I am not testing for about 6 more days (if I can hold on that long). Your test looks awesome!!!!

User Tag List