The One Thread July4-10 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright, CD 16 and still no O. I'm getting frsutrated because now we're going to miss the egg for sure. I work tonight and Sunday night and won't be able to GIO until Monday. Dammit!

Lovin' all the charts!! :

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#332 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 03:29 PM

Megan- I can totally relate. Sometimes people say things and don't realize how we hear it.

Is anyone else taking clomid this cycle? Or have you ever taken it? I am cd18 and I thought I O'd the other day but last night starting around 4pm I had the worst pain in my ovaries! It felt like cramping. I thought I might be constipated-(I wasn't) but it was that sort of feeling-ovaries hurting, lower stomach hard, cramping, felt good to stand up and kinda stretch out a bit.
I took clomid this cycle (50 mg) from cd5-9. Do you think it was ovulation pain? We GIO this cycle on my cd6,9,12,14, & 17. I sure hope I caught the eggie!
Does anyone have any experience in this? I have a friend who is expecting twins from clomid (they have twins in their family too) in 7 weeks. I saw her today and she said she had the same pain. She took clomid for 2 cycles but only tried for the second cycle because the pain made her think something was wrong (so they didn't GIO) but she figured it out that she was ovulating (she thinks). They got pregnant on their second cycle of clomid.
I was so-o jealous but so happy for them! her belly is measuring 43 weeks!
YIKES!
#333 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 04:57 PM

I am SO BORED! I'll be taking my friend's dog's to the park soon then going home to pack some more.

Bleh.

My boobies are bigger thanks to wonderful dong quai.. unless I'm knocked up. I doubt that though.

I'm rambling.

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#334 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 05:55 PM

Hi, how is everyone?

Johanna, That is some majorly long cycle action. Did you say you were going to see a doc? Have you any idea why it might be so long, or just because you're maybe annovulatory this cycle? I should look at your chart, shouldn't I?

Joi, I agree with Korin, your chart is looking great!!!!!

Maman, do you use OPK's? Have you gotten a + yet? If you GIO today (maybe Alexis' sneak attack at 2am) and Monday, you should be covered, even if you can't tomorrow.

Megan, wayyyyy to early to test, even with sensitive tests. I only had an hcg of 4 at 10 DPO. Didin't get a + until the night of 11 DPO, and it was so faint I didn't believe it. 12 DPO, also faint. 13 DPO I got two negatives before I got a positive. So keep holding out hope, you might not get a + for a week!

Becca's mama, I wish i had some Clomid advice, but I'm sure others here have a lot of experience with it. The heavy duty O pains sound yucky, but promising. I think Adina used Clomid this cycle and u/s confirmed she O'ed 2, possible 3 eggies. Good luck!

Korin, you know I'm on the edge of my seat here, waiting for you to test. I'm a test early, test often kinda gal, so don't listen to me. Alexis needs to step in as the Queen of not testing to tell you to back off, 'cause I'm thinking your chart looks good!

Sarah, nausea and tender boobs sound great! I will be anxiously awaiting your results as well.

Phoebekate, I hope your signs are good ones, and not evil AF ones. As you can see above, I got lots of negatives and questionable positives before I got a true BFP. So I'm KHA for you until you see red.

Adina, you're what, 8, 9 DPO? when do we get to start being excited? Will the RE do a blood test for you, or do you have to POAS? I've been thinking about you, your 3 eggs, and your dh's 27 million for probably too many days now! : )

Kash, I hope that Monday when you test, you have good news to tell dh. Maybe the "I'm a big sister" tee-shirt would be a good idea for your family too. I never had that much patience, and would literally have dh in the bathroom with me as soon as I pulled up my pants!

Okay, if i didn't get to you, I'm so sorry. usually I lurk, but I thought I'd just say hi today to everyone.

Also, today is the last time to lay claim to my Clear plan monitor. I'm flexible about price or trade, so PM me. Otherwise, it goes on Ebay tomorrow (provided I can get my rear end in gear).

It seems like so many of you are near the end of the 2ww all together! I hope that means I can see about 8 BFP's this week! Havce a nice weekend, all.
#335 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 06:16 PM

I used OPK last cycle, never even got a positive. never even got a second line for that matter. So I figure they just don't work on me.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#336 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter
Joi

Christina~

I take clomid and I wish I had more to tell you about the pains that you are having. So far it just makes me a little crazy. The progesterone makes me crampy but it could be from the Clomid........... who knows! All I know is that when you take fertility drugs they make you crampy. I wish I were more help for you. s
#337 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 06:22 PM

Lesley, I don't chart.. I tried last fall and it was pretty pathetic. My temps are horribly erratic. I'm an insomniac an a frequent nightwaker. It just made me crazy. Only thing it showed me is my temps, in general, are generally low. So, unfortunately no charts to help me understand what's going on.

I have a doc appt. for Aug 21st for a physical and pap. But till then I'm lost. I really should at least buy a test. Gotta find my debit card to do that, though

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#338 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angstmommy
......... All I know is that when you take fertility drugs they make you crampy.........
Same goes for fertility herbs.

-=Johanna=-
#339 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 08:43 PM

Hi everyone. I just got back from the ER a little bit ago and I am miscarrying I will be joining you all again really soon.
Heather
#340 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 08:53 PM

Heather. So sorry.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#341 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 08:58 PM

OH, Heather...

-=Johanna=-
#342 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 09:03 PM

Heather, my heart goes out to you.
#343 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 09:08 PM

So sorry, Heather
#344 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Heather. I am so sorry

As for Clomid and O pain - YES!!! Ovulation hurts when you are on Clomid. So that it likely what it was.

I am 8dpo right now. Feeling pretty calm about the whole thing. We will see how I feel at the end of the week. No testing till there is a reason. Sorry gals - no PingOAS for me thanks.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#345 of 357 Old 07-10-2004, 11:50 PM

Heather
I'm so, so, so sorry . . .

Erika . . .about the OPKs . . .do you ever notice that they start light, then get darker, then light again? This past cycle, I never got a "true" positive (the 2nd line never got as dark) but it was the darkest relative to the other tests I took (and then the tests got lighter again). Two days later I did O, as confirmed by rising temps and dry CM. So, I think it's VERY easy to miss the surge. I hope you find time to GIO since O is probably coming up soon!

Johanna, I really hope you find answers soon. I'm so glad you have an appt. made. I bet August can't come soon enough!

Adina, I'm thinkin' about you!

Hugs to all!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#346 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 12:12 AM

So sorry Heather
#347 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 12:28 AM

Gentle (((hugs))) Heather. I'm sorry!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#348 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
Joi

Heather

I have no words that can ease your pain............. just that you will be in my thoughts tonight.
#349 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 02:45 AM

Heather, I am sooo sorry.

I think I am 1 or 2 dpo, so could you switch me to waiting to know??

Korin, I am really KHA for you this cycle!!!!!!!
Adina, same for you girl!

Joanna, I would really get thee to a Dr. You need to know, we need to know !

I am sooo happy because I got my computer back,,,,,,,,dh has jazzed it up supreme. It is so screaming fast now.

I feel very positive about the cycle so far, I just hate the 2ww!
#350 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 02:58 AM

heather, take good care of yourself
#351 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 06:40 AM

Heather I am so very very sorry, I have nothing useful to say other than how sad I am for you.

Johanna, so glad you have a Drs appointment coming!

My temps are good, my cervix is good, my symptoms could mean anything, I am (so far taking) the BFNs gracefully, I don't know if I will cope so well if AF comes but I guess there won't be any choice.

We went to see a new baby today, 4 weeks today infact. I thought "DD was never that small" convinced myself it was just the fact that they grow so much, but turns out she was never that small :-). DD wasn't even that big but I keep seeing weeks old babes smaller than she was a birth and freaking out at how tiny they are and wondering how I will cope....
#352 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 06:59 AM

phoebekate, You know, its funny you mention it... I just saw a baby about 7.5# and I was like "Marshall was never that small"... he was around a full pound smaller than that when he was born. Its amazing to think about!

-=Johanna=-
#353 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 08:44 AM

Good morning, ladies...

The new thread is right over here!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#354 of 357 Old 07-11-2004, 11:30 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss
#355 of 357 Old 07-12-2004, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Megan, wayyyyy to early to test, even with sensitive tests. I only had an hcg of 4 at 10 DPO. Didin't get a + until the night of 11 DPO, and it was so faint I didn't believe it. 12 DPO, also faint. 13 DPO I got two negatives before I got a positive. So keep holding out hope, you might not get a + for a week!
and
Quote:
Megan, if you implant at 7 DPO (which is typical) or later (which can certainly happen) then there is NO way those tests would work so early . . .they'd be trying to detect a hormone that isn't even there! I'm still KHA for you!!! (And BOOOOOO to your "D"H!)
Oh, that makes me feel so much better.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#356 of 357 Old 07-13-2004, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angstmommy

Welcome welcome Annie, where are you list wise?
I have no idea where I am list wise. Thanks for the welcome.
#357 of 357 Old 07-13-2004, 12:23 PM

Annie -- I think you're still waiting to O. :

Jess

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page