The One Thread July4-10 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hmmm, is there a "waiting to reboot" list?

We are now not attempting to prevent a pregnancy. But I'm waiting to reboot for the actually "trying" to begin.

I cannot begin to tell you how scary this is.

Congrats to the July BFP's!
#62 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 06:42 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing her! I'm off to see a friend who just had her baby 9 and is probably sucking back cocktail as we speak (god I sound like an ass, eh... it's just my jealous nature... I deserve a baby tooooooo)

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#63 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 06:43 PM

Sweet teach!! Congratulations on "not preventing pregnancy" I'll keep you in my thoughts that all will be perfect!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#64 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 06:54 PM

I am on visiting the in-laws in TN, so not much time, but wanted to tell y'all (I'm feeling the TN twang!) that this month's Organic Style magazine has an article about alternative fertility treatments, like accupuncture, mind/body healing, etc. Decent article. Discusses my favorite book - The Infertility Cure.

Be back next week!
#65 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 07:22 PM

Ok, I'm all caught up I think... muse - congrats on the new - new job, LOL! That's fantastic!

I just finished my very first website as a website designer. It was so flippin' easy, too since he wanted something plain and simple. But now I just need to do more sites to establish a portfolio. Anyone need a website? I'll do it for free and all you need to pay is about $20 for a domain. If anyone's interested you can PM me. And btw, this isn't a plug... I just need to practice and experience.

I am so wet. LMAO Literally. Gotta GIO tonight. However, my temps are concerning me a bit. My temp dipped yesterday and that usually means I O'd - but it's so early! And there's no way I'd catch that egg since I'm only going to be able to GIO later tonight.

Anyhoo.... I'm off to work more and I'll try to keep up with everything.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#66 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 08:26 PM

Katy - sorry about your reboot! And your thermometer, camping at least sounds good!

Muse - Wow that is such good news on the job front, I was trying to suggest you work out somethign like a one day a week project with them but didn't come out and say it cause really I know nothing about the situation! That sounds so cool!

Chiromama - hiking sounds great, it would be great to get a positive for your Dads b-day, I hope this is your month!

Jodi - I reckon FF will give you cd 26, and I probably agree (not that I know much, only been charting a few months)

SweetTeach - congrats on no longer preventing! My your "trying" time be short and sweet

Erika - I hope that low temp is just a one off freak... I usually have a biggr dip 4 days pre O than my O dip but you don't seem to have that pattern on last months chart....

Me - thanks for your support everyone. it is much appreciated. I feel confused this morning, the info I did about my cyst last night (what scanty info I have so far) was not too worrying, but still a bit of a concern, on the other hand my temps are good, my cervix is HARD and CLOSED (more closed that I expected it to get having had a vaginal birth already) and this cycle have first had these tiny crumbs of hard CM that I don't remember from previous cycles and today great big globs of creamy CM which I dont' recall having ever in the 4 months of charting so far and I know I had a lot of CM when pregnant... so I don't know whether to feel down about my u/s or hopeful about my chart.
#67 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 08:35 PM

Jodi
I'd say you o'd on cd26. Just because your pattern looks like mine this month and based on where ff put my hairlines. I bet if you have another high temp tomorrow you'll get a coverline. ff is probably confused because you had some failry high temps last week cd20-22. I bet if those had been lower you'd have a cover line already. You can "cheat" and change/discard those to see what happens. Make sure you write them down so you can re-enter them after.
Or you can be more patient and less obsessive than me and just wait a few days!

Korin, I hope you have good news by the end of the week. I cant believe how many pregnant women and babies there are around you. Something like that happened to me before my dh finally proposed...everyone I knew talked about engagements, weddings, and kept asking when he and I were tying the knot. It was driving me nuts, but it was just that energy building up!

Now I have the same thing with babies. I just found out one more woman at my school is pregnant, and she m/c'ed in Jan and is due end of dec. It makes me even more mad that I waited three cycles after my m/c based on my dr's advice and found out months later that mother nature "makes up" for m/c's by increasing fertility for 3 months after.

ok, sorry, rant rant rant

M
#68 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 08:50 PM

Congrats to JO & maya!!

Adina- I am : for ya - how many times have you done IUI?

Shannon- I have horrible veins too! I hope you get healthy and you get better soon. Shame on DH for not doing the dishes!!!!

Well for me I think I am close to O , we GIo friday night and it is in the books for tonight...
#69 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 09:12 PM

I'm sooo tired. I swear, if I'm not pregnant, I will just shoot something, because I don't deserve 3+ days of breast pain and fatigue - not when, if I'm not pg, I'll have PMS to deal with too.

Don't know yet when I'm going to test... I'm contemplating testing Friday, which would be 10 dpo, but... I just don't know. I have a dear friend coming to visit next week - she's the one who will be my doula and everything - and I'd so love to tell her in person if I am; but keeping it from her from Friday until Tuesday would be hard!! So I'd probably not tell as many people as I would if I waited to test on Monday. (My entire friendslist on lj will know by Monday afternoon if it's positive, lol!) Ah, decisions, decisions...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#70 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 10:14 PM

Congratulations Jo and Maya!!

I just did a quick scan, but I'm not nearly caught up yet, but I've got : for some nice BFP's this week!

DH and I had a raging fight earlier today - probably the worst we've ever had. I feel like I'm in a daze right now. Then just after, I discovered some spotting. So I'm pretty sure this is the reboot for me which I'm actually pretty satisfied with since it will put an end to this cycle from hell. I'm waiting until tomorrow to decide if AF is here for sure. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to catch up then! to all!
#71 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 10:19 PM

Tanya!
#72 of 357 Old 07-05-2004, 10:57 PM

phoebekate, about your u/s.... it's still very controversial, but resent research suggests that women may sometimes ovulate more than once per cycle.

Take a look at this article at MSNBC.com: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3076995/
#73 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 12:23 AM

gristastic - I have seen that research, and I absolutely believe it, and i have always thought I o'd twice and been laughed at. You should have heard the gyn i once told I o'd twice when I was 19!! Funnily enough i wouldn't say I did this cycle.

So I am just back from the DR and the cyst is just over 5cm*5cm*5cm "complex" and looks to be either "haemorrhagic cyst or an endometrioma" with follow up study recommended and laperoscopic visualisation may be needed (presumably if it gets worse at the next scan). My uterine lining is 9mm. The DRs assesment of all this was that 9mm was a bit thinner than she would like (11-12 mm better), which could indicate lowish progesterone so she took blood as I am 7dpo. But she was adamantly confident that the lining while lowish was adequate to support a pregnancy if I have conceived and also said the cyst was no reason I might not conceive this cycle.

So back to feeling hopeful I guess... and to worrying about whether this CM that has appeared today is a sign of pregnancy or pending further ovulation as per gristastic's article.
#74 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 02:41 AM

gristastic- of course some people ovulate twice, how do you think you get fraternal twins (sp?). My auntie actually ovulated twice a month.

in my world today... Man, I can't help but wonder at the possibility of pregnancy. I don't *think* I ovulated but either the dong quai is working overtime or there is a chance. My boobies are all tingly and slightly swollen. Of course if this is just me getting ready to bleed I welcome that as well! A reboot is definately needed! The 10th the hubby gets paid so I need to save out $15 to go to the doctor's anyhow. I keep attempting to materialize money that just isn't there. hehe

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#75 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 02:58 AM

You all remember the 80's hit... "white lines" about cocaine? well here is the htp addiction song

Fun, baby

Pee! Wait - wait - wait- wait -wait -wait -wait!
(sigh... Sigh... Sigh... Sigh...) Rrrrrrrrruh!
Bass!

Verse One:

(Ooooh...Two Lines) Vision dreams of babies
(crawling through my mind) And all the while I think of two
(babe cries) A very strange situation
(For us to unwind) The more I pee the more I do
(Something like a phenomenon) Baby
(Tellin your body to come along, but two lines...don't go away)
(Pee! Wait! Pee!)

Ticket to ride two line highway
Tell all your friends, they can go my way
Buy the bait, pee and wait
minute by minute, you wish you were late
The more times you play the more you pay
My two lines don't go away
Either I'm pregnant or I'm gonna reboot
With nothin to gain except spending some loot

(pee! wait!) 4X
(pee!)

(one ...) Higher, baby
(two...) Get pregnant, baby!
(two???...) Get pregnant, baby!
And don't ever disappear! (knocked up!!)

Verse Two:

Orang dang diggedy dang di-dang
Diggedy dang di-dang diggedy dang di-dang

(two lines...) Sure as you can be
(Connected to my mind) And now I'm havin fun, baby!
(babe cries) I'm feeling kinda low
(Cause it makes you feel so nice) I need to see two lines, baby
(Don't let it make you crazy) Baby
(And go into your little hideaway cause two lines... don't go away)
(pee! Wait!)

A million magic pee sticks, painted pure and white
A multi-million dollars almost over night (for the HTP company)
Twice as sweet as sugar, twice as bitter as salt
And if you get hooked, baby, it's nobody else's fault, so don't do it!

(Pee! Wait!) 4X
Rrrrah! (Wait!)

(Lines...) Higher, baby
(one...) Get pregnant, baby!
(two...) Get pregnant, baby!
And don't ever come down! (Knocked up!)

#76 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 02:58 AM

Hello everyone and hope you had a wonderful holiday (for those in the States) or a beautiful weekend!! CD8 and temps still waaaaay down!!

Maya and Jo - Yeah and congratulations!!! Wishing you a wonderful and easy nine months!!

Adina - Good luck on the three eggies - very, very exciting!!!

Shannon - Hoping you feel better soon. Drink, drink, drink!! I've heard that pregnant women can sometimes get down lemonaid - my friend LOVED strawberry. And eat those popsicles girly!!

Jess - lovely wedding and engagement pictures! Your dh looks very sweet!

Boy, there is a lot of "boobie" talk going on!! Johanna, mine get bigger and more sore every single month just after O, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm hoping it's a very good sign!! :

Dh and I had a lovely weekend - went to see "Farenheit 911" yesterday and it made me feel very patriotic. It also made me sad and angry, but I think it's great that people like Micheal Moore are out there, reminding us that there's more to American politics than meets the eye!! We need those political gadflies - kind of reminded me of the Federalist Papers and how our country was formed. I think our founding fathers (and mothers) would be proud to see that Americans still feel free to criticize our government and to take action when they believe things are wrong!!

Whew - off of my soapbox now. Hope everyone has a good morning!!
#77 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 03:00 AM

Chiromama - : You are hysterical!!!
#78 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 03:08 AM

Korin :

I wish I could O twice!!!

I am following everyone's journey, but don't have much to say right now....and by the way, I've decided to sit the swimming out this time. Its just one day, I'll swim next time!
#79 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 04:16 AM

Brown spotting today. The day Af would be due, if not yesterday.
I know spotting can be ok, but for me it has *always* led to m/c.

Am I allowed to curse here? F*** F***ety F***
#80 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 04:26 AM

muse -

Here's to positive thinking.. it is nothing! I spotted. I even had pain. I had my son... From time to time I hear about spotting, especially around the time AF is due. Just kick back and relax. No need to get negative stressful toxin stuff going through you. this WILL STICK!!!!

Maybe you could call your doc? Would a certain herb or something help? I don't know.

THIS WILL STICK

..... but whatever happens, we're here for you

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#81 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 05:17 AM

Johanna - maybe you already know this but the traditional wisdom is that women who O twice per cycle (producing fraternal twins) do it within 24 hours of each other. This new research suggests that the multiple Oing could be at different times in the cycle and may not even have much bearing on what blood tests would say the hormones are doing. It also suggests that the reason some womens fraternal twins appear to be of different gestational age is that they actually are - ie mum conceived, then ovulated a second time 1 or 2 weeks later and conceived again, resulting in one twin seeming to be a week or so more cooked at birth. Pretty freaky stuff.

I think that I sometimes ovulate once and then again a week or so later....
#82 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna
Maybe you could call your doc? Would a certain herb or something help? I don't know.
Thanks Johanna
So much for the NHS. I spoke to my dr and he said they don't even DO blood tests on the NHS. he told me to wait a day then come in tomorrow for a pg test, and "go from there". I asked about progesterone, and he said it's controversial and the general consensus is it doesn't help much.

I swear I've *never* had a useful interaction with a doctor.

But I researched herbs and Dh is off to get wild yam root, false unicorn root, and black haw root bark and I'm taking 2,000 iu Vit E.

Susan weed recommends all of these for threatened m/c. Anybody know anything about them/ever used them?

I'm resting and focusing on preparing work stuff. Big family gathering this afternoon with my dad and his sister who's visiting from PA and her grandchildren, so I hope things don't get worse.
#83 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 07:20 AM

Muse, I cross posted with you before - STICKY STICKY baby vibes for you!

You know when I was pregnant the first time my Dr, who is GREAT and extremely up to date on pregnancy care (and is an IBCLC) asked if i had a possitive hpt (yes) did I feel pregnant (yes) well I was pregnant and a blood test would only show what we already knew. I didn't realise at the time anyone did blood tests anymore if there was a ++ hpt... really its just un-necessary path work unless there is a reason to suspect there is a problem.

the progesterone thing on the other hand sounds a bit frustrating, though I get the impression it is less popular here in australia than it is in the US too...

Are our Drs (generally) using evidence based practice? not likely as far as I can tell :-).
#84 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 09:14 AM

Muse

Congratulations, Jo!!!

Still trying to get caught up!

As for me ... I'm cd39 of a normally 28 day cycle and testing We are (were?) waiting to try until Dec. I have had nausea the past few mornings (pg symptom for me) but have also felt as if af is coming any second. Aaarrgh! I'm so frustrated. I just wish I had a definitive answer. Dh isn't being very supportive ... his comments that it will be a disaster if I am pg right now are really eating at me. It would be rough financially for a while (we need to get a new vehicle by the time the baby's born to fit all 4 kids!), but we'd manage ... and we were a lot worse off financially before having our first!!! So I wait.....

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#85 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 09:20 AM

Muse 's sending you tons of vibes your way. Remember every pregnancy is different and usually brown spotting is a sign of old blood and can be implantation blood.
#86 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 10:10 AM

Muse, the research on progesterone is still controvertial, however, I'm on it and the baby is now further than ever before and this is my first pregnancy without cramping and spotting. Also while it's controversial as to wether or not it helps, there is no question that the only "bad" things it does are hormonal to the mom, ie, headaches, increased morning sickness, etc. There is actually evidence of higher intelligence in babies who's mothers took supplemental progesterone.
If you're worried, go in and insist today, ask him if he's willing to shoulder the blame if you do miscarry when he can't give you firm evidence that progesterone hurts.
#87 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 10:10 AM

FF gave me a coverline. Highly unlikely that I did O.

Gotta go read to catch up!

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#88 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 10:15 AM

Muse..hang in there...sorry I cant help with the herbs. Try to rest. Either way, you need to rest. I'm sending you sticky sticky vibes.

Johanna, I hope things get better with dh (it was you who had the fight right? I'm awful at keeping track)

Korin, that song was intense. I wish I knew the original. Lots of american pop culture made it across the atlantic, but lots did not! And my musical knowledge has crucial gaps.

11dpo...no sign of af but nothing to interpret as a pregnancy sign. Oh well, it's early yet!

hugs to all
m
#89 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 10:18 AM

muse -sticky sticky baby thoughts headed your way!

Hi SweetTeach - nice to see ya!

so, we are not officially ttc but we're not stopping it either. it has been a long couple of months and wondering if anyone has a little info on estrogen to regulate periods.
a little background -I was having some bleeding that wouldn't stop so the doc had me start 1 month of a birth control pill. well, my body always has hated the pill and this time was no different - headaches, mood all over the place. I called and after 10 days it was determined my cycle should be back on track and it was ok to stop the pill though I should expect a period. Well, I stopped taking it last Thursday and no period. Anyone have experience or info about this?
well, wouldn't you know i've poas 3x now and all negative. :
i don't have PMS feelings but I'm nauseous and have some twangy feelings pretty low and sore breasts and the idea in my head of what if? oh joyous of joys what if we are!
So, this is all most likely my body getting back on track after the m/c and D&C but, oh my the stress. And dh, oh wonderful wonderful man that he is, just doesn't go through this part. As women, we are so aware of our bodies and what's the (insert any random possible pregnancy/pms symptom here) I'm feeling? None of it leaves my mind for too long.
There are just so many current life stressors - the major one a very unwelcome, at this point, housemate renting a few rooms from us. He has been here through the whole we're pregnant! we m/c. process and just doesn't get that he can't keep extending the leaving. all of this is putting huge stress on dh. And I just want to start really trying again.
My what a long rant...thanks for listening.
#90 of 357 Old 07-06-2004, 10:48 AM

amanda, the situation with your Dh sounds tough. I don't know him, but i do think men often get over the panic about being able to support more kids once it's positive that you're pg. Maybe because it's the last chance they have to panic, and then there's no point. This month I *knew* that i was pg because I had such strong feelings one day that it would be a disaster right now, and was the last thing I wanted. Of course once I poas all those feelings were out the window! Either way, it's tough for you not to get the support you need.

Sounds like lots of people here need a

As for me, thanks for all the support. The spotting has stopped for now and I'm resting. dh has been great, cooking and cleaning for our visitors and he's taken Ds to the park. there are benefits to being mostly unemployed!
I've got the herbs but I'm not touching them unless it starts again. I thought I could at least enjoy a few days of enjoying being pg without stress but I think this will be an unnerving next couple of months. I think i'll hang out with you all for a while, if you don't mind, you've been so great.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page