The One Thread July4-10 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2004, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow.. lots happening today!!!! I only have a few minutes so.....

Muse I'm keeping you and your beanie in my heart today!

Alexis.. I knew you couldn't stay away!!! Do it everyday.. and if you feel the need, go get a sperm test.. they are cheap and easy (just like you!)

back Jess!!! We missed you!!!

I went to visit a friend that has a new baby yesterday.. and let me tell you it was the weirdest thing... I'll post it about on my LJ.

Crap.. my patient is here.....

later babes!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 07:54 PM

I FOUND MY CERVIX!!!!! : (and I didn't pee on myself either! Yipee!)

Now I cannot remember what it is supposed to feel like around O time.
Anyone know right off hand. I don't own a copy of TCOYF-I always check it out at the library. Now that I can actually feel my cervix, maybe I will start checking that and my cm daily.
***TMI ALERT***
Today my cervix feels like the tip of my nose so that would be hard, right?
And my CM is kinda sticky/creamy, but more sticky. And it doesn't seem like there is alot of it.

OT- I taught myself how to knit today and it has really made my day better.
I suggest it for everyone! Casting on took me many tries but I finally got it.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:00 PM

Supposedly a fertile cervix is high, soft, and open... but whenever mine was softer feeling, it was low, and when it was hard, it was high, lol! I finally gave up on using it as an indicator.

I've been teaching myself to knit, too. I'm uncoordinated, though, so I got a nice colourful book geared for kids, lol! It's relaxing, though.

Dh just got home and looked up at the blowup pool and said "It's big enough to give birth in!" Hehehe. Not that might've thought of that.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 07-06-2004, 08:04 PM

there is too much going on to respond to everyone, but I had to say:

Johanna - well it never occured to me that it was ignorant to believe (know) that I ovulated twice per cycle until i got lectured about it :-). Its wonderful the gap between what we know about our own bodies and what Drs "know" isn't it! Accorrding to that website I was most fertile at the time I actually ovulated this cycle... well actually a couple of days before my rise at the time I felt I was most fertile....

Muse - so glad the spotting has stopped, keep taking it easy!

Jess - good luck with the interview! I am sure it is long over now and went really well

Alexis - of course you couldn't stay away!

As for me, this morning my cervix is still firm but it has gone high and it feels weird, sort of like it is slightly open at the outside end and plugged up with jelly. anyone had their cervix feel like that before? at 8po? Should I get excited? yesterday it was low firm and I had a whole bunch of creamy CM, now I am back to dry... temp still good.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:20 PM

Muse - So sorry your doctor is not being supportive!!

I was told after my m/c that the next time I tested positive, and then got “crampy” feelings or started to bleed, to come in for a Hgc test – quantitative, not qualitative. This test will measure the amount of human growth hormone you have and show (1) you are pregnant and (2) whether the Hgc is normal. Usually this test is followed up by another 24 hours later to see if the Hgc level is drastically decreasing, meaning that the embryo didn’t stick. Hgc levels usually should INCREASE during pregnancy – most pregnancy tests detect levels at 20-25 and they should go up from there (see Heaveasoul’s recent post with a link to “normal range” Hgc levels during pregnancy). Some women have a problem with Hgc levels, the fetus is just not producing it, and that is why they cannot maintain a pregnancy. However, this site has seen posts from women who did not get a BFP until 20dpo, when “normal levels” should have indicated a pregnancy at least a week before. So, take the “normal levels” info with a grain of salt. The only truism is that levels should go UP, not down.

As for progesterone, my new doctor prescribed it after dh and I were TTC 18 months and had one mc. My tests showed low levels of progesterone during the second half of my cycle. She said that the studies on progesterone have shown that while it may not help, it DOESN’T have any side effects (other than the nausea and pms mentioned above). She has prescribed it often for couples in our age bracket (over 30) who have been TTC for a long period of time and have at least one unexplained m/c She said it has helped with other couples.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:23 PM

Well, check me out, I'm now the lead hardware design engineer for the backplane! It's going to be a good job with lots of work to do. The good news is I won't be so horribly bored all day. The bad news is I won't be posting *quite* as much. We'll see.

I don't know about the money yet. The guy who makes that decision is out on vacation. I may not get to talk to him until next week. They really should give me more money -- I'm going to have MUCH more responsibility and work. :

Jess
Old 07-06-2004, 08:24 PM

Amanda – I’m sorry to hear that dh is not supportive!! It’s very typical of men to be overly practical about pregnancy. My dh and I call it the “cojoined triplets” syndrome – meaning the “what if’s” gone wild. What if I lose my job after we have another baby? What if I get into a car wreck and can’t help you raise the children? : What if we have cojoined triplets???? There’s not much you can predict in family planning – just that you plan to be loving and caring parents!!

Kate – Wonderful news on your Hgc levels!!!

Abigail – I am so glad you are feeling better!! A good long talk with dh often clears the air for me as well.

Alexis – Sticky, sticky vibes!!

Jess – We had the EXACT same problem with Behr paint from HD and thought it was the existing paint on the walls that was the problem!! Creamy yellow over creamy white should NOT take 4 coats and still show the creamy white underneath!! We are going to try Lowe’s for our living room paint and see what happens. OH – and sending you PROMOTION GOOD VIBES!!!

Christina – MOIST!! :

to everyone else who I missed!

I'm cd9, so GIO party tonight!!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:26 PM

Congratulations on the job/promotion, Jess!

Old 07-06-2004, 08:28 PM

Jess - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PROMOTION!!

I know what you should do with the extra money - throw us a party!!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:36 PM

congratulations Jess!!

anyone wanting to find the lunar phase when they were born you can see the phase of the moon for every year here:

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html

its not working that well for me right now, seems really slow, but normally its fine. the first page has the last 10 years or so, but there is a search box at the top to search for any year not shown.

It looks like I O'd just before my lunar fertile time, but only a day or so, still one more thing to kid myself makes this month look good!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:52 PM

phoebekate - how much do doctor's REnALLY know, aeveryone off TODAY. Too bad we don't have the money and have to deal with those pesky payments Men are goons. \yway hehe.. Don't get me wrong, I see a doctor. He's pretty cool. He just accepts the fact I'm going for low intervention with everything.

Jess - I think all men are caught up in "NOW" instead of future. That's why my hubby isn't allowed to do the bills.

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
Old 07-06-2004, 09:51 PM

Congratulation Jess on the job promotion!!!!
:

I just wish AF would hurry up and get here, so I can start again.
I usually have a 28-30 day cycle. Right now I am on CD 31 and still
no spotting. I usually have spotting for one day first to warn me of her visit.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:37 PM

Hey... all you bitching about paint.. when we repainted our old house.. we were told (by the really great paint guy at home depot) that no matter what paint you use.... it takes more paint to cover white than to cover color.. weird, I know.

Kate... good news about your HCG levels!

Jess congrats on the new job!!!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 07-06-2004, 11:44 PM

I've been quite annoyed with myself lately that I can't remember more of embryology (I was a biology major; never used the degree, but I like to think I'm a biologist at heart ), and to top that, I don't have my comprehensive bio text because I lent it to someone for a semester and never saw it again.

Nevertheless, I have been searching for a website that would remind me of the delightful stages - morula, blastula, blastocyst, mesoderm, all of those wonderful terms.

And I found this lovely page off of McGill University that went into just the amount of detail I was looking for. I will caution you that it is pretty technical - this is off the medical school, I think. But if any of you are like me and enjoy the nitty-gritty, well, here's a nice site.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 AM

...and I'm !

We went north to a family reunion-type thing, and we decided to test a day early. Some family members were leaving today, and we wanted them to know. In the gritty, noisy, not-so-clean Motel 6 bathroom, I peed in a cup and got a positive a few minutes later!

I had already made a "big sister" t-shirt for my daughter, and she wore it all day yesterday. It was fun to see our family's reaction--especially my in-laws, who took a while to get it!

Off to bed...sooooo tired!

p.s. My sister is doing great, to those of you who asked. Thanks for your thoughts/prayers! We're just waiting for her to see her neurologist for more info.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 07-07-2004, 01:09 AM

Congratulations, Serina!

... okay, is anyone else up? Apparently my early nap sent me over the edge into insomnia.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:14 AM

Congratulations, Serina!!! It sounds like you had a great time telling your family!!! :

Yep, I'm still up. It's EARLY!!! I'm a major insomniac ... and I took a little nap this afternoon, so I have no idea when/if I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

Old 07-07-2004, 01:15 AM

serina - Woo Hoo! Congratulations! Here's to a fabulous 9 months. And i'm glad to hear your sister is doing better.

alexis - i smiled when i read your post about not being able to stay away. glad to see you back!

erika - congrats on the first website completion....wanted to invite you to join us over in WAHM Well - i'm sure if you posted that offer about free web design over there you'd be bombarded!!

elena - just wanted to say i'm thinking of you. and if it makes you feel any better, i stalk your chart too.

too tired and too far behind on this thread to respond to everyone but here's some for all those in need, : for those in the 2ww and for those who are preggo!

thanks to all who gave their opinion on when i o'd - FF actually gave me a coverline today! WOO HOO! i think it was a day earlier, but who the hell cares....i'm just stoked i o'd!!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 01:18 AM

Congratulations Serina! : :
Old 07-07-2004, 01:20 AM

Serina, congratulations!

And Jess, congrats on the promotion! Make sure to ask for the salry you deserve!

Alexis, welcome back! All I can say is we GIo every other day this cycle and it worked for us, but there were many other different factors so who knows?

phoebekate, you helped me envision an ideal work situation and it happened! Thanks! I start two new positions in Sept, with time till then to plan and rest and vacation in Maine.

I'm up at 4am here UK time, and can't sleep. This happens every pregnancy. Urgh. But I always look at it as time to reflect and be alone with my little growing bean. Birds are singing outside already.

No more spotting since yesterday. PHEW.

About the dr thing, it's such a different system here than the US. There, you're paying, so you can demand things. Here, it's free, and you get what they offer. I would still choose this system any day but it means some kinds of tests are extremely hard to get. I guess I could always pay to go private if I chose (or could afford : ) but at this point I'll just keep on resting, etc. I read that the herbs I bought help with the hormones, but I'm nervous to try anything right now. But I did take a ton of vit E. maybe that helped?
Old 07-07-2004, 01:40 AM

Congratulations Serina!

muse!!! Glad to see you're no longer spotting.

I'm really only breaking the silence to say one thing, way to renig alexis!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Old 07-07-2004, 02:01 AM

Congratulations Serina!!

: : : :

Old 07-07-2004, 03:21 AM

Woohoo Serina!! I am so glad you got to tell your family in person, that's great. I hope you sister gets good news from the neuroligist too. er, can anyone tell medical spelling is not my strong point? spelling at all in fact....

So I am starting to feel insanely hopeful about this cycle.... its general behaviour of my cervix and the sudden appearance of the creamy CM in fairly generous quantities and the absence of some of my normal symptoms for 7-8 dpo... and of course my pathetic desire to conceive exactly when we hoped we would :-). So now I am trying to talk myself down from POAS today or tomorrow, at least tomorrow it would be FMU but 9 days is just plain too early right? I prefer the break the news to myself slowly, daily, if its negative but I don't want to start testing ridiculously early either... ugh.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:43 AM

phoebekate -- step.away.from.the.tests! Testing on the weekend is so much better, anyway :LOL

Anna, does this mean you're reniging, too?

Jess -- so glad you got that promotion!

Jesse -- we're cycle sisters! I'll KHA for you, and you KHA for me!

Muse -- I just found Susan Weed's Herbs for the Childbrearing Year at the library (and Natural Family Living by Peggy O'Mara came in for me, and a yoga DVD -- it was a GREAT library day! I also have "The Infertility Cure' on backorder...) Anyway, she recommends the herbs you had, and the Vit E -- PM me if you want more info from her book... Sending you more vibes!

And last but certainly not least: Serina!!! Here's to a healthy, happy 9mw!!!

Thanks everyone for weighing in on the GIO delemmia... I will keep to my "do it whenever we feel like it" schedule (is that really a schedule?) I'm just a lucky lucky grrl that M is a horndog -- and let's face it, he is a lucky lucky man that I am, too! (Did I ever tell you all we got nekkid the first time we met? We went skinny dipping... it wasn't even a date! Our first date we spent the night together -- everything but, if you KWIM ) So, we've always been super-horny! I doubt we would have lasted this long if it wasn't for our intense physical attraction... that and our spiritual attraction!

Belly Blessings!!!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter
Joi

Congratulations Serina!

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
Old 07-07-2004, 04:30 AM

Congrats Serina!!!!! : :binky

Hey Jess, so glad about the job promo!

Alexis, so glad you are still here, you too Anna!!!!!

Lets see, I am also trying to figure out the GIO factor this cycle. Why is this soooo confusing?? I want dh to have tons of swimmers for tomorrow, when I am not swimming..... this has GOT to be the cycle, I am tired of waiting!!!!!!!

So is the infertility cure a must read??
Anyone want to share their protocol of baby making? Herbs? Visualization?? What are you all doing?? GIO of course........tomorrow the fest begins!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:31 AM

Congratulations Serina!!!

Well, it's cd12 and dh left on his three week business trip. I was hoping for a BFP before he left, but of course it's early...so, I guess I should be happy with my very faint line! It's very faint but it appeared in 9 minutes and dh saw it too. It's a riteaid test (sensitivity 50 hcg) so of course the result is faint. We were both very reserved, though when he saw the line, his response was "I told you you were" and he had a big smile. But I guess we're too cautious to count it as a real positive (and I have af style cramps, so I'm holding my breath). I'm so scared that this might just be a chemical pregnancy. I thought about that possiblity and almost did not test, but I really wanted to have news for dh before his trip. I also liked the date 7/7 and it's been 14 cycles of trying since the m/c (2x7, I know, I'm pathetic, I always try to find divine clues in everything). Anyway, babble babble, can you tell I'm a nervous wreck? I'm going into town today to get some more sensitive tests and will poas again tomorrow.
In the meantime, I cant help myself, I will enter bfp on ff and calculate my due date! Send me clear line, sticky vibes please!

hugs to all.
M
Old 07-07-2004, 10:13 AM

AF showed up this morning, so could I please be moved to waiting to O.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:23 AM

RaggedyAnn -- so sorry about the rebooting.

Serina! Congratulations!!!! I'll see you over at March Mamas!

Marie.... : : Keep us posted!!!

Muse -- Congrats on your perfect job!!! How wonderful that things are starting to work out beautifully!!!!

Katy -- Wow, your post was enlightening. Thanks for sharing that info. Guess healthcare is perfect NO WHERE!

PhoebeKate -- : : :

Alexis -- I agree that you should gio when it feels good!!

Heveasoul -- thank you SO much for that link! My numbers fit in the 2-3 months category (unless, of course it is ). So, I didn't realize the numbers start to go down once you're in the 2nd and 3rd trimester...interesting. Hope you're doing well (I might join you in Feb mamas, I think that's most likely where I belong.)

Have a great morning everyone.

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 07-07-2004, 10:26 AM

Checking in...

Maya--So glad to hear that the spotting has stopped! I know that's so scary. Hope you're feeling good.

Serina : Congratulations! :

Trisha

Have a good time with the GingIO, Velveteen! We did two days on, one day off. Another week or so until I find out if that did the trick!

Nothing much going on here. It's been a relaxed first week of the 2ww...hoping that trend continues. EDD by my ovulation puts me at exactly 3/23, which totally blows my mind. Doing my progesterone cream religiously-don't know if it's helping at all, but my temperatures have been higher than they usually are, I believe, which seems to be a good sign. Also, tingly breasts, which somehow makes me feel like the cream is doin' it's stuff. We shall see.

Gee, now that I've written that calm, non-freaked out post, I'm getting butterflies in my stomach at the thought of not-knowing for another week! Oh well, as long as I can have moments of calm, I feel good.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

User Tag List