The One Thread: July 25-July 31 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mamaharsh- can you move me back to waiting to be ready.
I've just talked to my mw and I'm going to try the : bc pills. I'm taking 4/day for 1 cycle and then seeing what happens. I'm not going to take the usual 2nd course. Meanwhile, I'm going today to purchase the herbs to make the teas.
I can't take this bleeding anymore. I'm fighting with my dh, I'm exhausted. I just have not felt like myself for months.
I just want to be able to try again. I will buy a bbd thermometer when i pick up the bc pills. and then over to the health food store for the herbs. It just all seems screwed up.
She said she has no experience with anything but the pill working and the health dangers of bleeding for so long.
I asked about having hormone levels tested. she doesn't feel they would provide useful info.
Anyway, I could go on and on and well, that won't be uplifting to anyone.

alexis & shorin - where are you ladies? hope you are doing well
#62 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 03:06 PM

Farmlife, that really sucks! In Feburary (4-5 months after my 1st m/c) I bled for 14 days. My m/w said it was my body still adjusting and trying to regulate itself and she wasn't too alarmed. 2 weeks later I got pregnant (though I did m/c that one, too.)

I feel the same as you do (and other women who've posted) that b/c pills just seem like a counterproductive thing to do. I was on them myself for FAR too long, and attribute my long, irregular cycles to them (if not my m/c's -- but that's just a theory.)

I certainly don't want to confuse you, since your situation is already confusing and troubling, but if your intuition is telling you not to do the b/c pills then don't be bullied into it by a well-meaning (and probably very nice) m/w. I love my m/w, but I still don't agree with everything she says.
That's my 2 cents -- your intuition is your expert (and maybe someone could give you a 2nd opinion.) Hope you don't mind me saying....

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#63 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 03:13 PM

Jesse -- I'm counting down those 8 days with you and Beth! : :

Korin, I've been reading your LJ and I want to give you the biggest
You weekend sounded fabulous and much needed (and I've had many dinners with dh in the past year that were so important and meaningful that I"m bawling in restaurants. )

Lexie -- I'm following you, too.

Velvet -- your friend is a schmuck! (And thank you for empathisizing with me.)

Elena -- Thanks for the reminder that the worrying is only just beginning --- I think the sooner I accept that the better. One of you ladies has a line in your sig about how being a mom is like walking around with your heart on the outside of your body -- very powerful and exactly how I feel -- a certain raw vulnerability!

LisaG and Joi - so sorry af found you both.

Keri -- so happy to see you'll be trying again!!! Sticky baby vibes to you!!

#64 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 03:17 PM

Okay, so I'm a very opinionated woman.... So I'll try to be as unopinionated as possible. I can't imagine, for myself anyhow, that birthcontrol would every HELP me get pregnant. After taking pills on and off for the last decade I see a definate pattern of them messing up my cycles BAD. They only make your cycles regular because they're telling your body what to do. Once your body goes off of them they don't have anything to tell them what to do anymore and have become dependant on that. So, your body is like "WHA!?!?!?!" Anyway. I think its far better to see if your body can't regulate itself, maybe with the aid of herbs by creating your own hormones (like vitex, dong quai or any of the other wonderful herbs out there). Let your body do the work or, in my opinion, it will never want to do it on its own.

Just my $.02 But then again, that DID sound opinionated, didn't it? Sorry

I guess I'll try the fast thing for this next week. So I don't know how up to keeping up on the boards I'll be.

Wish me luck.

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#65 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 03:39 PM

good luck Johanna! I hope the fast works v. well for you.

farmlife- Not having had to use bc I don't really have any opinions on it.. good luck to you with your decision

Kate always so good to see you & so glad to see that things are going well for you
I posted in pregnant after a loss recently about how scared I am to think about even ttc and I can only guess how hard being pg is...

#66 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:18 PM

Damn- our weekend was BLECH...No GIO, no Fun , no nothin'! No wonder I can't get pregnant! : Shoot.

Then i tried to do some sewing too, and Dern i suck at sewing.

Pulled out my knitting needles, thinking I would give that a try got aggrivated and gave up:
I Did manage to talk DH into hanging the border up in our living room...that was about the hightlight of my life this weekend....
#67 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Howdy all.

So I went to the doc today and got a script for a steroid inhaler for my asthma. I know that it will help a lot and maybe the better managed asthma will improve my chances of getting pregnant.

In other news...someone PMed me about the feng shui thread (which is still here in ttc somewhere...) and reminded me about the no metal bed frame thing.

Soooooo.....Dh and I cleaned our room this weekend and pulled the bed off the bed frame. We have a really tall bed though - so it didn't make too much difference.

And the funny thing is, we both love it. It makes us both happy. Dh even said it was kind of a relief.
So maybe that will help. I will take whatever I can get.

So does anyone have a good symbol dictionary? I have been seeing a ton of mutterflies and dragonflies lately. Big yellow butterflies. And BIG dragonflies, not little ones. When I was walking up to work yesterday There were four right in front of the building. I don't have any good books about this...so I was wondering if you guys did.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#68 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:30 PM

mutterflies? are these butterflies that are mumblers? Hee hee hee.
I'll look and see what i can find.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#69 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:44 PM

Dragonflies:
Quote:
To see a dragonfly in your dream, symbolizes changes. It may also indicate that something in our life may not appear as it seems. To dream that a dragonfly lands on your body, foretells that you will hear some fabulous news from a distant friend or relative. To see a dead dragonfly, signifies of bad news.
Dragonflies:
Quote:
Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#70 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:49 PM

I feel fertile,
Oh, so fertile,
I feel fertile and sexy with egg white!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel open,
Oh, so open
I'm hoping about how open I feel!
And so fertile
That I hardly can believe I'm real.

See the fertile girl in that mirror there:
Who can that horny girl be?
Such a fertile face,
Such a fertile cervix,
Such fertile mucus,
Such a fertile egg!

I feel mucus
And an open cervix,
Feel slipping in eggwhite with joy,
For I'm gonna be loved
By a pretty fertile boy!

Hee hee hee

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#71 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
mutterflies? are these butterflies that are mumblers? Hee hee hee.
I'll look and see what i can find.
LOL! I just laughed out loud in my office-- you're going to get me in trouble!

I just keep on keepin' on. I'm going to take a test tonight, just for kicks. I'm feeling very calm about the whole thing and am convinced that I am pregnant, but it may be too early to register. The test is more of a science experiment-- everything I've read says you can detect a pregnancy 3-4 days after implantation. I think implantation was Saturday, sometime fairly early in the morning, so tonight will be ~ 60 hours. I won't be disappointed if I get a BFN, but I'm really curious how long it will take to get a BFP. And I feel so assured that I'm pregnant that I just *know* that BFP is coming sometime soon!

And it's a wonderful day in our neighborhood otherwise too. DH just had his second interview for a job he really wants and he felt really good about it-- he said while he was talking, they would all look at each other and smile and nod. He would make over 50% more than he makes now (which maybe isn't saying as much as it sounds like since he's a social worker, but we're super-excited)! He should hear this week-- this has the potential of being a headliner week for us!

:
#72 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:54 PM

good lord you crack me up

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#73 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 04:57 PM

's to all the recent reboots!!
#74 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 05:10 PM

yay! a new song! it`s been waaaaaaaaay too long!

(and a good 'un , too!)
:LOL

Stream : I really hope this is it for you!
#75 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Administrator

yes mutterflies are the ones that fly around mumbling heatedly under their breath. :LOL

sorry typo!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#76 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 06:11 PM

I just came from the grocery store, and saw 3 dragon flies, and 2 mutterflies ( they said some nasty things about the ladybugs, by the way!) My Astrologer says that both are harbingers of joy and transformation!!

#77 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 06:11 PM

BTW - i sent hubby my new song, and he said "um that's kinda gross and almost TMI"

#78 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Hubbys don't alwasy get it. :LOL

I could not believe how many dragonflies I have seen...Usually there are one or two all summer - but I have seen dozens in the theatre. And big granddaddy dragonflies.

Cool...joy and transformation huh? I can do with some of that!

#79 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 06:46 PM

ok so my temp tanked today which either means I will ovulate on the weekend or I have an implantation dip in a truly whacky cycle... I am leaning toward O on its way :-)

Katy - I just can't say which day I would pick on your chart so I would definitely not be testing now.

Velveteen - SO glad you emailed your thoughtless friend.

FreeRangeMama - so glad that someone else sees a clear pre-O temp pattern and its not just all in my head that I have one.

Lisa - sorry that AF found you

Keri - Yay for TTC now!

joi - I am sending hugs your way

Korin - sounds like the herbs are helping!! and OMG the latest song, you are hilarious

Farmlife - I really don't know what to say other that what a yucky situation! I hope you stop bleeding soon!

Stream - goodluck on both fronts!
#80 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 07:41 PM

Mutterflies..too funny!

Hugs to all those rebooting! It seems like it has been awhile since we've seen a bunch of BFP's. I'm coming up on the end of my first and only non-temping cycle. I think I will temp up until o and then wait. Yeah right, I can't wait to start temping again. I'm not sure exactly when I o'ed. I'm either 9 or 12 dpo. Very sore and full breasts, but they always hurt before AF. A few days ago I did feel some stretching and tugging, and fullness today. But I seem to always feel weird before AF. So not really too hopeful.

I was reading today in some parenting magazine that caffeine helps sperm swim faster, and it increases the odds of fertilizing an egg. Sounds kind of crazy. Has anyone else heard this?

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#81 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 08:00 PM

Yeah, I've heard that about caffeine, but it also dehydrates you, so it could possibly decrease the amount of semen. :

#82 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 08:12 PM

Danielle, interesting about the caffeine . . .I don't drink it (don't like cola, tea, or coffee) but is seems like green tea would work well in this case. You'd get the great CM and the caff. to let the sperm swim fast . . .hmm!!!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#83 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 08:19 PM

no.. the guy drinks the coffee, not you Elena. :

#84 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 08:22 PM

We unexpectedly are TTC this month. We were planning on starting next month, but realized that DH will be out of town during my fertile period (I'll have to look at the abbrev. page by my next post). I think the 18th of July was the day I was ovulating, so I have just a little time to wait and see.

Best wishes, everyone.
#85 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 09:17 PM

Farmlife, I have heard or read that some women can have increased fertility for a short period after coming off of the pill. Something about hyperovulation? I really don't have anything to back it up though, maybe someone else knows or has heard of this?
#86 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 09:21 PM

mutterflies! oh, bountiful mutterflies
oh and yes, bountiful bfp's here on the thread. stream ~ you up first? or shall we have a race, a race to post the first in a whole long line of them that catches all of us up and carries us to the pregnant boards.
: I'm bleeding and I still poas this afternoon
<------have I just been blind until today to this one?
#87 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 09:26 PM

Lesley, my SIL went on b/c pills for a short while hoping to take advantage of that increased fertility when going off them -- it still took her 6 months. Heck, it took me 7 months after I first went off the pill. But you're right, some doctors still recommend doing this. I'm just so against b/c pills after being on them so long -- I'm convinced they do more harm than good (Johanna, I completely agree with your "opinionated" earlier post. ).

I just hope we haven't made the decision for Farmlife more difficult! Hope you're doing okay, Farmlife!

Welcome SaraSprings!

Korin, I can't get your song out of my head! I'm humming it even as I type. Another masterpiece.

Dani -- Keeping fingers crossed for you! And you too, Stream!

Adina -- the countless dragonflies and butterflies must be a good omen. I believe in totems and animal symbols very much. Turtles are a powerful symbol of motherhood, protection, and fertility -- and I saw a whole bunch of them the week I got pregnant (this time around.) So KHA for you!

#88 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 10:31 PM

Quote:
no.. the guy drinks the coffee, not you Elena
: OHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh . . .

Farmlife: Have you finalized your decision? Many good points brought up against BC, but then, I can understand your frustration with the bleeding. I feel like I'm up for using just about anything if it will make my cycles normal. (More on that later!!) BC DID work for me-- I got PG the first month I went off them. Now I think maybe I wasn't really so fertile but that it was the BC pills regulating my cycles. So, that's why I'd consider trying them again. (I was on them for about a year.)

For those of you out of the States and Canada (Katy and Phoebe?), have you looked at www.saveontests.com for PG tests/OPKs? Just wondering if that would be a cheaper route for you?

Stream: Did ya test yet??? :

Well, I got a call from the nurse (she's not the clueless one-- this one is great). My doc wants me to DOUBLE THE PROMETRIUM . . .we're talkin' 400 mg. I'm drugged as it is on the 200 mg . . .ugh. I'll do it, of course, but I'd really rather try the vaginal suppositories first. My doc thinks that the oral is absorbed better-- I've never heard that before!!! She wants to do it because (a) I still have spotting and (b) my prog. level was really low . . .but at 15 DPO, the day I got AF. Weird. At least they want to change the routine here, as the current method seems to be doing nothing.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#89 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 11:06 PM

Keri - What great news!!! We had also been holding off ttc b/c of a trip to disney in september but........ Good luck!

stream - : sounds very promising

elena - good luck with the extra progesterone! i completely understand why you had to remove your chart, but still, i'm suffering withdrawals!!!

not much new here.....waiting to O.....still no EWCM so i don't think its anytime soon.
#90 of 317 Old 07-26-2004, 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=AdinaL]Hubbys don't alwasy get it. :LOL

QUOTE]

sounds like they do on this board
hi sarasprings! hope your stay is short and sweet

chiromama - love your songs! i just got a barry white greatest hits today in the mail and i think some of these are begging to be ttc verses.

I want to thank everyone for there support on the bleeding front. : i'm doing the 5 day run of the 4/day bc pill. I have very mixed feelings about this. KateSt., your words speak to me. Johanna - bc and ttc don't seem to mix for me either.
I've talked to the mw, my old ob, the new ob my mw works with and they all seem to believe in the pill route. My mw listened to me today. I know she hears my concerns about this and I at this point am willing to try anything. THough she had no herbal remedies to offer, she did support my looking for alternatives and encouraged me to use the tea and vitex (thanks for all the info sweetc), while using the wk of bc pills.
I was so sure I wouldn't fill that script but she made sense in some ways. I don't know. Maybe I've just become so run down. I have been bleeding for the better part of 3 1/2 months now. If I total the days up, I've had maybe 3 wks. off give or take a few days. Maybe there is a day with nothing and I think it has ended only to find spotting and full on bleeding later. I need this physical reminder of my loss to end. I, kicking myself for it now, have not been charting temps through this. I wish I had so I could have an idea if I'm ovulating or not. I have trouble believing I am. I told her I just can't see taking bc if all I want to do is make a baby. But I'm not healthy right now. I'm tired. I keep catching colds or battling ear infections. I'm so tired sometimes it hurts to move. I just watched my mother recovery from severe anemia and it has been months and months to build her iron back up. I'm getting nervous about becoming anemic.
Phew. I think about this stuff so much of the time and don't have really anyone here to talk to about it. I did have a good talk with my dh this afternoon. He supports whatever I choose to do and just wants to see me feel better again. I want that too. So I'll take the pills. Meanwhile I will start temping tomorrow, drinking red raspberry leaf will make the liver detox tea tomorrow and the other recipe recommended. I am considering the Vitex.
Thanks for the support! You ladies are wonderful and reading this thread has become such an uplifting part of my day. You have given me the means to seek out the knowledge to get through this in a way that I feel is not blindly being lead. You have inspired me to chart! THank you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page