The One Thread: July 25-July 31 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna
hipumpkins- nope, we don't pronounce the H. That was of my mother's doing. I think she just wanted to make it difficult for me! She figured her mother did it to her, she'd do it to me. Hers is LySandra (like Luh- Sahndruh). Carry on the torment, I guess. Nah, I don't hate my name, but I sure could have lived with out the hassle of explaining the "H" was silent.
You know it's funny; I always knew that was a silent "h" Yay me!

I love your mama's name! (I like crazy, hard to pronounce names).
#242 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:30 PM

gonnabe
I hope your headache gets better, hon!
glad to hear your cycle is getting more normal, too! And that your dh is in the mood!
Good luck : !
#243 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:35 PM

Yes! I got a dark line on my LH so I don't need to worry about PIAC this weekend. Makes things a lot easier.

When the yurt is a rockin' don't come a knockin'! We may have a child conceived at the beach!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#244 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:38 PM

Thought you all could use a laugh....yes, I was really holding my belly. (I was 40 weeks-and went 2 more!)
I hope the picture comes through!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...mpkinbelly.jpg
#245 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarasmom
When the yurt is a rockin' don't come a knockin'! We may have a child conceived at the beach!
: Will you name the baby "yurt" or "beach"?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#246 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:52 PM

Hidy-Ho everyone!!!

What a belly, Christina!!!

Velvet

On this end... It is so unfair that people a couple of cycle days ahead of me (no offense to people with normal length cycles) are already in the 2ww and I'm sitting here, waiting to ovulate in like 10 more days!!! If that! FF is saying sometime between the 10th & the 14th of August. Long cycles are suddenly really irritating me (and I know it's not as long as it could be!). It's going to take me five, nearly six weeks from start to finish and all I wanna do is see a :

Enough rant. Sorry about that. Here, I'll be positive:

Much, much (where are all the testers????)

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#247 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
: Will you name the baby "yurt" or "beach"?
I vote for Beach

Becca'sMama, that was a hilarious picture! My neice was born the day after Halloween and my sister dressed up like a pregnant mama cat. I wish I had pictures!
#248 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 04:58 PM

count me out for a while. hope when i'm ready to come back none of you are here! pregnant bellies to all of you
jessie
#249 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 06:26 PM

First, thanks to everyone's warm welcome back!! But the first cycle back on, we blew it!! I'm so used to a long cycle, o-ing on cd 20-ish and this month I think I already o'd and I'm on cd14. The bummer is, I saw no signs, no ewcm (had a ton LAST month when we wern't trying), no increase in sex drive, NOTHING. : We never GIO until yesterday morning. Now, if I o'd yesterday, which is semi-possible,then maybe there is hope, but I'm thinking I o'd a couple of days ago. It's probably all for the best because I blew out my ankles running and I couldn't stand the extra weight right now. UGH!!!

Sorry, just very frustrated. But I have an appt with an accupuncturist in a couple of weeks. Maybe that will help.

I see a few of you have entered the 2ww, Alexis, Korin. Adina are you there yet? Let me check. Oh, nope, it doesn't seem like it. Good luck to you all! :

I'm still trying to keep track of everyone else who is "new" (New to me is since March), but I'll get there!

Have a great weekend!
#250 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 06:56 PM

Just a quick post as DD naps a bit . . .

Another thread ( I think saying which one is against The Rules) really has had me thinking lately.

From now on, I'm going to be positive about TTC circumstances. Not so that positive thinking will give me a certain outcome, but because I really don't have a thing to complain about. I don't. So I'm going to stop complaining.

This message may seem cryptic, but I hope the author of the other thread will get what I mean. And thank you, to that person, for giving me a wake up call.

Megan: So glad for your strong +!

Christina: Ha, ha, ha! Cute pic!!!

Farm: I'll miss you . . .I hope your new routine works wonders!

Keri: Ugh to missing your window! What an early O!

Katy: Sounds lovely!

gonnabe: DH gets migranes. I don't know how he survives! I hope your headache is gone soon. And I'm so sorry about this week being the due date week. That has to be really, really rough.

Velveteen: My mom is an older mom. She was 40, I think, when she was PG with me. It took her over a year to get PG with my sis, but fast with me (18 months apart). But, she weaned me at 9 months! Anyway, she was SO healthy and got so many ngeative comments from doctors. Her age has never been a factor in anything, and it gives me a whole different view on what "old" means . . .she is far younger than "younger" people I know, and I think it's because she is, in part, an older mom.

phoebekate: So it sounds like the u/s left you with good news! Yay!!

Hugs to all!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#251 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 07:38 PM

Thank you for all your help last night when I was scratching like mad!! We have some really smart mamas here!! I'm still scratching today but not near as bad. I doused myself with yogurt before going to bed last night and it helped me to sleep and not concentrate on the scratching. I have to run to the grocery store. I'll do personals when I get back!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#252 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 07:59 PM

We are having a mad weekend so I havent had time to even read up today, let alone do personals but I wanted to say I am feeling great. It so easy to only post when down so I wanted to share the good news too...My EWCM increased steadily yesterday, today I have ropes and ropes of the stuff, I think I timed the u/s just when that follicle became dominant and I am glad I did because it has made me feel much more relaxed and confident to know that my cyst is gone, I have a good looking dominant follicle and my lining is doing well too... Maybe this will be our cycle after all

Oh and despite it being stupidly late and we were both exauhsted DH and I GIO when he got home at 1:45 last night and it was great! the baby making sex has actually been great for us, we are making ourselves find the energy when we normally wouldn't and it is nice/fun/great even - definitely not "work"
#253 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 08:06 PM

Hello everyone! I have been taking a "mental health day" today and have really enjoyed the love that has come from all of you wonderful women!!! Thanks so much for the support about my two sisters and validation that their comments about my fertility problems were messed up! I am so lucky that my dh's family is loving and normal - it definitely makes up for mine!!

I will send some more personals on this weekend - sounds like so much has gone on just since yesterday (itchy hoo-haws, smoking dhs, house fires, gio-ing with relatives around, really expensive haircuts, and general angst). I just wanted you all to know that you are lovely, lovely women and all of you rock!!! If I could pick my family, I'd pick all of you to be my sisters!!!
#254 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 08:49 PM

I just wanted to drop a quick note while I have a moment. We are having major issues with ds1 so I have very little time to post

I am now 10 DPO and feeling yucky. I am nauseaous whenever it has been to long since I ate and I am so tired. Here is hoping those are pg symptoms and not getting back to normal cycle symptoms. All in all I feel pretty positive about the conception possibility, but not as confident in the "will it stick" department. Ah the joy of ttc while tandem nursing I am kind of freaked out too, because IF I am pg I don't know how I will deal with it considering some of the special issues with ds1.

Here are for those that need them, : for those in the wait and for everyone!

#255 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 09:39 PM

Amy, popping out of lurkdom to tell you that if you do have a Bartholin's gland cyst, to keep an eye on it. My sister had one and it abscessed, and she ended up in the ER and the hospital for several days on IV antibiotics. It was horrible. On the plus side, most of them do NOT end up this way (I'm not trying to freak you out, just give you a heads up that it can happen). Most just go away on their own. Hope yours does.

I'm still reading the thread every day, looking for BFP's and catching up with all of you wonderful ladies. Hugs to you all.
#256 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 11:31 PM

everyone!

i haven't posted in a few days and i feel like there's no way i can catch up with personals....but i have read ALL of them. to those of who need them and : to all of you in the 2ww. i'm really hoping someone here gets a BFP soon.

nothing new here. still waiting to O - i had some EWCM today so it will probably be soon. if so, then we probably won't be successful this month since dh is working all weekend. next possible time for GIO would be tuesday. : oh well, we shall see.

ok, anyone else done this???? and willing to admit it??? : i bought some used maternity clothes from another mom over at 'the trading post' the other day. hhmmm....buying maternity clothes before i'm even preggers....how pathetic is that???
#257 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 11:35 PM

:
waiting to O.....
Y'all rock! I love reading all of the posts. It's my own little world of drama! From itchy otchy hoohaws to stupid relatives!
It's all here! Just when I thought my life was bad, here comes someone else who is worse off. (Not that I enjoy reading when someone is hurting, but it does make me feel better for myself that I really am not that bad off-well sorta bad off, but not as bad as others, kwim?)
I absolutely hands down love this board. I think I would've quit ttc#2 if it hadn't been for you ladies and your uplifting words. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

#258 of 317 Old 07-30-2004, 11:38 PM

Ohhh Free Range Mama, when are you going to test ? We SOOOOOO need a bfp!
Woo Hoo phoebekate, gotta love the ewcm! I'm glad you are doing so good today
It is easy o just post the bad and I have been doing it a lot lately and I noticed it the other day so I have been trying to focus on the good lately too My good note for the day is escrow closed on my house this week and we have more $ in the bank then we ever had. Too bad its all accounted for, but we will officially be cc and car debt free for the first time ever. Alls we will have left is student loans and they are only $140 a month (whew big sigh of relief). If there has ever been a perfect time to get pg it would be now
#259 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 12:13 AM

I just had this big post typed out and Eeyore (Ross set him on the keyboard) deleted it. :LOL

Update on my itching/scratching...it's finally subsided. I went ahead and bought a yeast infection kit tonight even though I'm 99% sure that's not what it is and the cream has helped soothe the irritated skin.

squeakermansmom-You're my hero! Last night I did some online shopping at imaternity and just for fun I loaded my bag up (they're having a sale) and got like 10 items for $106. Of course I didn't buy but it was still fun!!

Lesleyluu-The swelling has gone down so I think whatever it is is going away. What happened to your sister sounds scary!! Thanks for your help!

FreeRangeMama-I'm keeping my : for you!

w4b-I'm the one with the itchy hoo-haw. :LOL I'm doing better now!!

pheobekate-Yay for EWCM!

Elena-'s

coleslaw- Welcome back! I'm fairly new I guess but it's nice to "meet" you.

Jessie (farmlife)-I'll miss you! Best of luck while you're on your break.

Well, I'll do more personals tomorrow. I'm off to bed!! 's 's 's and to everyone!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#260 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 01:28 AM

Amy, I haven't been following your itchiness issue, but I have found that my, er, yoni is always itchy post-ovulation. I also had this itchiness while I had the Mirena IUD, so I believe it is my body's reaction to higher progesterone. I've read that some natural progesterone supplements can cause this, so it seems logical that the body's normal levels might too. Just thought I'd throw that out there

As for me, I haven't been keeping up much this week---I think I just o'd today or a day or two ago, but my body keeps acting like it will and then apparently doesn't, so I'm stumped...

Hoping for BFPs among us... :
#261 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 02:28 AM

Since were concentrating on good news! Went to an herbalist today. I feel SO good about this, something I could afford too.
I showed her what I was taking, and though I found out nothing new, I feel good about my herbal routine.

Plus, I have the darn obgyn thing OVER now, and yes, BOO on her for making me feel ancient.

Since were talkin' expensive haircuts lately, I bought a pair of fantastic shoes..........Pliner anyone? Very on sale, and oh so cute!
#262 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 09:10 AM

CD 37 for me, no AF and a BFN!! It's 14 days since I think I conceived, so now I don't know what's happening with me. I'm still having cramps, twinges, aches, bloating. It's going on 10 days now, so how could they be AF type sxs?? I also have mild sensations in the breasts (tingling, shooting pains, a little sore), but not sure what it is. Otherwise I guess I feel fine, but I'm thinking of going for a blood test early next week to really rule out pregnancy. I wish AF would show, as I'm going on vacation next Saturday and I would rather not have to deal with her whuile I'm away!
#263 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 10:12 AM

I have a really, really odd question. My EWCM... The only time I really get any on the tp is after a bowel movement. And usually a ton of it. Rarely do I ever just 'get it'. I am wondering if I should be checking for it in a different manner, rather than just waiting for it to 'appear'. It's like it only comes out when I bare down. so, should I list this as EWCM? Ok, I know, that was really, really gross, but I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Ok, gonna go and catch up on the last few pages and get to personals!

Please forgive the absolutely disgusting question.
#264 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 10:42 AM

I decided not to test this morning, since my temp wasn't very high.

And then I changed my mind. POAS and nada, nuthin', time to go back to bed. I know a BFN when I see one-- I've seen a bunch!

Decided to check it again about 5 minutes later and saw the faintest, tiniest, barely-there line. DD saw it too. It's faded now that the test is dry-- I can see where it was and maybe the tiniest shadow of something, but it's waaaay fainter than anything I've ever seen a picture of. Even still, I'm calling it- BFP!

#265 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Mrzmeg - if you don't mind me asking, how long after the Mirena coil came out did you get a "normal" cycle back?
Immediately. If you click on my chart in my sig, I had it removed on 6/16 and counted that as my "day 1" of my last cycle's chart. O'd on Day 16
I did have some problems with it---horrible headaches, mild depression, and mood swings---but that isn't supposed to be that common. I don't think I'll be using it again, though.

Laura, TCOYF recommends checking after a bowel movement. That's about the only time I see it on my tp too, though I do internal checks also if I just havta know (I reach inside with index and middle fingers and do a light pinch/pull movement over my cervix to collect it). HTH
#266 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 10:46 AM

Oh, WOW! CONGRATULATIONS, Stream! Woo-hoo!!!
#267 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 10:51 AM

Congtats STREAM!!!!! Sending lots of vibes your way!!!!!

Thank you Mrzmeg. I was beginning to believe that I was a freak!!!!
#268 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 11:06 AM

Justice-You are not gross!! Actually this is how I usually see mine too. I go to wipe and feel this really watery, squishy stuff and lo and behold I have EWCM. This doesn't happen every month but it definitely has happened to me before. I don't know how to check for it any other way. Maybe some other mamas can give you advice on that.

LylasMom-How have your temps been (if you're charting)? I know that in TCOYF I read that 18 consecutive high temps are a good indication of pregnancy. I remember having the tingling, sore breasts when I got pg w/Ross. It's still early, too. I didn't get a BFP w/Ross until 3-4 days after my missed period. :

Katy-I'll have to do something with Eeyore. He's ending up on the keyboard a lot these days. My first pregnancy I got by with very little too. My mom got some outfits for me at a garage sale and the only thing new I bought was a pair of jeans. I think I had about 6 tops, one outfit for church, and 3 pairs of jeans. I want new stuff this time around!!! Let us know when you test. :

Velveteen-Since you were talking about an herbalist, do you know how many herbs/vitamins/supplements are safe to take at one time? I've never heard of Pliner shoes. I'll have to search the web for them. Did they cost as much as my sister's haircut? :LOL

mrzmeg-When I have this itching it's usually post-ovulation, too. Granted, it's never been as severe as it was this time, but anyway. The strange thing is I haven't had it for probably 3 consecutive cycles and it just appeared out of nowhere this time. That's very interesting about the progesterone levels. I have been told I have too much estrogen (my dr. told me that at my last 2 annuals) and that is what is causing the chlaisma (sp?) on my face. Basically it's a pooling of blood vessels and it's causing my face to be red. Make up helps to cover the redness but only temporarily. I'm seeing a derm. in August to hopefully get some cream or something for it.

ETA: Stream-I just saw your post after I posted mine. Yay!! Big 's to you and lots of vibes sent your way!!

's 's 's and to everyone!

#269 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 11:07 AM

i have ot so much creamy cm now... which i did not see last month...and my temp went up again! can a basic membership at FF search other charts? I would love to see if it's starting to look triphasic you wanna see my chart? arrgh..i'm only 4 days in to the 2ww i am going insane. trying to assume that i am not pregnant (yeah right ) so that i am it's pleasantly surpriseing (more like unbelievably joyous) and if i am not hopefully it won't be quite as devastating.

now if i can just keep ds eating one solid meal a day...

in other news dh is really getting excited aobut the baby and not just the extra sex. everyday he asks me if ithink i am pregnant this ttc has brought us so much closer... I love hism so much. I hope it doesn't take us so long to get preggers that it becomes stressful

now for personals

Congratulations STream!!!!! : : YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Justice- I have the same problem if i check for cm on my labia...hardly ever any there. so i have taken to checking whilei am checking my cervix..then it is much much more obvious. lol so maybe you could try that. hth

lylasmom- this happened to me last cycle and i am so sorry it was so hard for me, as i'm sure it is being hard for you.

Katy- Test test test test!!!!

velveteen-I'm so glad that your meeting with the herbalist reassured you. that is great

I've probably forgotten many more... I 'm so sorry for those i have (((hugs))) to all who need it...and KHA for those of us in the 2ww
#270 of 317 Old 07-31-2004, 12:31 PM

Katy, I'm thinking tcoyf said that arousal fluid evaproates withen a couple seconds if you rub it between your fingers, ewcm does not

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page