The One Thread: July 25-July 31 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If I miss you, PM me. Let's see some BFPs!!!!!!

Waiting to O

*Adina*
*Amy (StoneFence)*
*Amy (saturnine25)*
*Anna (annakiss)*
*Annie (dogmommie_annie)
*Christina (Becca's mama)*
*Christine (Sweetc a.k.a. xine)*
*Danielle (Dani76)*
*Elena (Mizelenius)*
*Erika (MamanFrançaise)*
*Jenna (~Jenna~)*
*Jodi (squeakermansmom)*
*Johanna*
*Joi (angstmommy)*
*Katy (KatyBerisford)*
*Keri (coleslaw)
*Korin (chiromama)*
*LisaG*
*L'Nayim (waiting4baby)*
*Marie (Marie-c)*
*Megan (amara's mom)*
*Melanie (mrzmeg)*
*Pamela (Scootermama1)*
*Phoebekate*
*Sara (mamaharsh)*
*Sarah (glitterbits)*
*SharonAnne*
*slightly crunchy*
*SweetTeach*
*Tanya (Snow Cherries)*
*Tara (tarablesue)*
*Tori (prophetmother)*
*Velveteen*

Waiting to know

*Alexis (alexisyael)*
*Amy (HoosierDiaperinMama)*
*Anne (bamboogrrl)*
*FreeRangeMama*
*Gonnabeamom*
*Heather (kyle98sean02)*
*hipumpkins*
*Jenn (_jenn)*
*Jesse (wan2bemama)*
*Kara (k4kara)*
*Melanie (MelKnee)*
*Trisha (RaggedyAnn)*
*Selissa*

LLL - (limbo land ladies)

*Lisa (lisabc311)

LWNEH - (Ladies Who Need Extra Hugs, due to a recent m/c)

*Kelly1216
*Serenity (Seren)
*Torie

Waiting to be ready

*Amanda (mom2threenurslings)*
*Jess (Shorin_Mama)*
*Jessie (farmlilfe3)*
*Kate (Elowyn)*
*Laura (Justice2)*
*Tamra (Celtic)*

July BFP

*muse (Maya)
*jocmtl (Jo)
*Serina (somewhere to grow)
*Molly (mimim)
*Kash (Patchfire)
*Mady (Mady5)
*Brandywine
*Stream*
#2 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Seren I'm so sorry.

velvet I too miss the innocence of pregnancy. I had a m/c at 6 weeks before Nate, so once I got past 6 weeks, I felt "safe". Now that I've m/c at 12 weeks, I don't think I'll feel safe until I have a healthy baby in my arms. I'll have to admit though, that with our TTC history, I'm beginning to feel that he may be an only...

This is going to be a wierd week for me. I have to work a few days, but Tom is out of town and my daycare provider is away, so Nate will be going to various friends of mine for the days. I'm really stressed about how he's going to do. I'll be able to update the one thread each morning at the very least, so if I don't make a change within 24 hours, please PM me to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks!
#3 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 09:25 AM

Good Day to you all!

Don't have much to report except, I am excitedly hoping we get to GIO a couple times a week for the next 2 weeks If I know my body( which I don't :LOL ) I think I will O on or around the 30th Usually on CD 18,but previous cycle I didn't until late I am sure...shoot should've charted!

So anyway Good Lk to everyone...can't wait to see the massive list of

#4 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 10:03 AM

I'm sorry Seren. Lots of

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#5 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 10:29 AM

Subcribing

Seren - I am so very sorry for your loss. s to you and your family

I didn't write everything else down. I am sorry for not keeping up better. Have you ever met a mother that you wanted to strangle? I am not a violent person, but I could absolutely strangle this woman. Her story starts at 15 when she became preggo and gave thta baby up for adoption. Then, by the time she was 17 she had had a miscarriage and 2 abortions. When I met her, she was 18 and had just (within 6 weeks) had another miscarriage. I was 30 weeks preggo and on complete bedrest with my ds. At her six week checkup she found out that she was preggo yet again and decided to keep this baby. I went into labor again at 32 weeks and was hospitalized. She came with her aunt and my mother to visit me (her aunt is my mother's best friend). I am laying in that hospital bed, on mag and all kinds of other *fun* drugs, trying to keep my baby boy in, where he belonged. She had been prescribed an antibiotic for an infection that she had. Her aunt tells her that she needs to take her meds and she replies...I am not taking them, I'd rather loose this baby than take those pills (it was amox.). I absolutely saw red. I told her to get out of my room or I would physically remove her from my room (yeah, this is funny cause I couldn't even get out of bed...Mag is some nasty, nasty stuff). Her daughter (whom she abandonded to her mother) is about 10 months old. She has had 2 abortions and is pregnant now....wanted an abortion, but the doc told her no because it was becoming detrimental to her health. I sit here in tears because awesome women, like the one's here, want babies so bad....and women like her. I can't even finish the though. I hope tha ti never see her again. I can't be sure how I would react. It makes me so very mad. Does that make me a bad person. I can't find it in myself to support her. I have talked to her mother about adopting her baby, when it's born. Her parents can't handle another baby. They are aging. But I don't want to do that if it means that this woman is going to be in my life...I don't think I could handle that.
#6 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 11:43 AM

Justice2: No you are not a bad person, that would and it does make me so angry. I just don't understand people sometime.
#7 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 12:03 PM

subscribing....

Sara - thanks for keeping the thread this week - could you move me from waiting to try to waiting to O? thanks
#8 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 12:09 PM

Seren, to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Laura, I personally can't see adopting a baby and not having that person (simply because you know her) in your life, so I suppose I'd avoid it. I wouldn't blame you for not doing it. You obviously have to struggle with this seemingly toxic person, so try to reduce the pressure on yourself. On the other hand, adopting that baby would offer the child much more than it sounds like they would get otherwise. to you. Sorry I don't have better advice.

Sara - thanks again for taking the thread this week! Let's see some BFPs!!! (Hopefully that faint-not-possibly-there-at-6dpo-but-maybe-there line that Jenn saw will become a really there line.

Personally, I'm feeling really good about getting my baby on this month. I can't wait for ovulation. Yesterday, we saw my step-sister with her children and DS wanted to hold the baby a LOT. It was so neat!!! Hopefully he wants one to come live with us (though I sincerely doubt he'll be thrilled to see a baby sleep in his bed and play with his toys and his mommy & daddy all the time, maybe it'd be okay every once in a while ).

Mucho for everyone!!!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#9 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 12:26 PM

Oh, Seren, very sorry for your loss.
#10 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 12:29 PM

Why is it that the people who SHOULDN'T have children or DON'T WANT children...are always the easiest to concieve???????

Ugh...I'm cranky this morning...the ol right ovary is havin a party...a follicular conga line is what it feels like!

Seren ...Take care of yourself

Justice ...I would feel the same way. People like that make me want to

Lots and lots of thoughts and to everyone.

Aww c'mon ladies...lets have a !!
#11 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 01:14 PM

from last week's one thread...squeakermansmom - my dh works the 1st shift and I work the 2nd shift. I then usually end up in my ds bed for most of the night. my dh also has a 2nd job that takes up a bunch of nights. needless to say, i can easily see the 3x in a month comment!

seren - I'm so sorry for your loss. take care of yourself anyway you can best.

jess - sorry about the reboot. look forward to seeing you back on the posts. a break can feel good though. sorry you are feeling alone. it is so hard when 2 people are ttc, and one of them isn't always right on board sharing in the highs and the lows! a hug to you, from one jess to another

shannon - what kind of stuff can you do in the hospital. reading, puzzles, crafts? man, you have had one heck of a lot thrown at you this year. i think of your little bean and keep sending you sticky thoughts. you can do this momma!

i'm anxious to move to the waiting to o section. can I come play too? i have had a now going on 16 day period. have to call our mw tomorrow as that was the magic day to call if the bleeding hadn't stopped. she swears bc pills are the only way to get the bleeding to stop. says my body isn't making enough estrogen and probably having anovulatory cycles. only my 2nd one since april. any ideas? i want to be pregnant again. I want to be pregnant NOW. thank you.
#12 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 01:43 PM

seren

farmlife- that sucks! You should talk to Shannon (Iris0110) because she had that bleeding problem after she lost Arawyn as well. She went on BCP's and then had a D and C. Hope it stops soon and for a long time (as in 10 months!)
#13 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 01:46 PM

Laura, you are not bad for feeling like that towards that woman. I know a woman who is similar and I don't like being around her.

Most of the time I am glad that I have long cycles because it means fewer periods. But, when I am TTC, it just drags on. It seems to take forever to get to O.
I want to test so bad, but I know it would be pointless. I will wait. I will wait.

Momma to three fine children, one that lives in my heart and two that live in my arms.
Circumcision is wrong, regardless of gender
#14 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 01:49 PM

farmlife, I've been where your at (sort of). I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks the beginning of feb. I bleed for 13 days then stopped for two weeks, thought I was starting my period, but bleed for 25 days... ovulated, then started to spot/bleed 8 days later. I was being treated by an OB and a midwife/ND. I went with the ND's advice over the OBs. The OB wanted to do a D&C and put me on birth control pills - this didn't feel right. ND had me take two homeopathics, and drink a liver detox tea (to help my liver process all the hormones.)

Anyway, I had my first completely normal cycle the end of June. I had been ovulating and having normalish periods, but still spotting after my period and starting at about 8DPO up until then. My OB kept suggesting birthcontrol pills, but for someone who is trying to get pregnant, it just didn't make much sense. Plus, I've seen what some of the women here have to go through after being on birthcontrol pills. I felt that I'd rather wait a few more months for my body to figure it out with some herbal help than do bc pills.

Are you charting? I was ovulating even though the rest of my cycle seemed screwy. I hope you can find an answer and a way to stop all the bleeding. It is really tough to have that constant reminder that somethings not right.

I've also been thinking of Miz (Elena?) alot. I am really sorry that you are having all that spotting. I know what that is like. I was having spotting even though my 7DPO progesterone levels were fine. I started drinking a tea that my ND recommended and the spotting is gone. Let me know if you are interested in the tea.

Okay, heading back into lurk mode. Waiting to ovulate.

to everyone.

Christine
#15 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Joi

Ok, I know I am supposed to be taking time off but my chart is making me crazy. Yesterday I had a big temp drop and spotting and now I am up again................ I need to borrow someone's ovaries.

I am hoping to see some positives this week (my own wouldn't be bad either).

Korin ~ you lucky duck.
#16 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 02:27 PM

Laura - I hear ya. I've seen so many people who just honestly don't care about their kids conceive easily. I wish I could say why. I really just don't know. Just tell her to give it to one of us

Joi - I'm happy to see you're still around. The reason I don't chart is because when I did it made NO SENSE. My temps are too erratic. I guess that's what I get for being a nightwaker/insomniac

As for me? I'm at CD7 and still bleeding pretty good. I guess that's what I get for not having a period for 2.5 months! But I have wonderful news </sarcasm> I have a yeast infection. I've had enough of them to self diagnose. Do you have to wait to treat it with the good ole 3 day treatment until I'm done bleeding? I can't afford to get medicine (or anything for natural treatment) until tomorrow.. even then, I don't have the money, but I'll just have to short my poor mother in law some money we owe her. I'll be happy to tell her why

I'm telling you. Nothing like 97 degree weather while bleeding and getting a yeast infection! WOOT!!!!!11111one

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#17 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 02:40 PM

Yay! I'm so glad I got in on this thread on the first page!

Sara-I guess you can move me to the waiting to know list.

FF says I haven't ovulated but I know that I have. CM is back to dry, had o pain Thurs. and Fri. and lots of EWCM. My temps obviously don't reflect ovulation so I hope we timed it right!

Seren-I'm so sorry! Gentle 's

Laura-I would take those babies in a heartbeat! You are not a bad person at all! That would've made me angry too!

Tamra-Yes, we do need a !! I hope your day goes better.

Johanna-Ugh...yeast infection. I'm so sorry! 's Those are not fun! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lots of & to all!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#18 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 02:57 PM

subscribing

#19 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 03:37 PM

Well, I just got an email from a friend who knows of my ttc trials. She said God must be saying "No" to my prayers.
I don't think so!!!! I think I have a hormonal imbalance despite my spot on cycles, or I'm just plain old too old, but I DON'T think I have a spiritual problem.
Korin, bet you can relate.
#20 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 03:40 PM

thanks for the replies. I am calling the mw tomorrow and I do not want to do bc pills again. I just did a d&c about 7wks ago and I've done a round of bc - yuck! I feel like I'm just coming "off" of them. She swears it is the only way, but that does not feel right! I'm going to look up a ND in my area, hopefully they will have some more suggestions. What is the liver detox tea you speak of? Is it a ready available tea?

thanks, hugs to all in need of one.

I just cry when I think of the babies being born to parents that just don't notice or care that they are around. My heart wants to take them all in. I worked at a kid's shelter for a while and it was unbelievable how many kid's parents just don't notice them or seem to remember they exist. And then those teenage girls that had been given up trying to have babies so "they had someone to love them".

sorry for the long vent. who's got the BFP for today?
#21 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 03:42 PM

velveteen - what a horrible thing for your friend to say! : sorry you had to hear that!
#22 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 03:47 PM

now, I know this might not be how other people believe, but I believe that the babies we will have are all souls waiting for the perfect time. Maybe there's not a soul waiting for each one of us yet, or that soul is waiting for perfect timing. 2 different *sensitive* friends I had said I had babies (2) waiting but they were waiting until things were a bit settled to come to me. I can't tell you enough how much peace that brought me. The only time I've been stressed about my lack of conception has been my friend getting pregnant. And I'm feeling MUCH better.

I do NOT, however, think God is just saying no to me having a baby. At least no God I talk to. :

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#23 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 03:47 PM

Subscribing
please put me in the waiting to be ready
thanks crystal
#24 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
That is messed up Velvet. Sorry about your insensitive friend.

waiting.....

Last day of Clomid. Already getting really heavy duty amounts of CM...

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#25 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 04:01 PM

Gosh, Velveteen, what a terrible thing for your friend to say. I think I'd want to just take her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her, and I'm not a violent person at all (just scolded dd today for ruthlessly stepping on bugs!).

So I went through my 15 past charts last night and determined that I have never had midcycle spotting, except for ovulatory spotting on my first couple of cycles off the pill. So I still think there's a good case to be made for what I experienced yesterday being implantation spotting. BUT, just now when I went to the bathroom, there was some brownish blood on my underwear (just a bit) and when I wiped (same), and (this is the part that threw me off), a little clump o' something in my underwear. At first, I wasn't even sure it was from me b/c it's so unlike anything I'd seen before when spotting. I suppose it looks a little like if you have small clots with your heavy bleeding. It was a perfect sphere, about the size of a peppercorn and black/red in color. I mushed it up a little (this is when I was still trying to verify it came from me!) and it was definitely some kind of tissue-- sort-of stringy and colored my fingers red, but wasn't really bloody. Sorry for the graphic details, but it was so strange! My last LP was a full 13 days without spotting, so I don't think that's what this is. But I'm not as confident that it's implantation anymore either. Just weird!
#26 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 04:09 PM

Hi everyone ,

In the 2WW -

Trying to pay no attention to the 2 pee sticks I bought yesterday :LOL, almost was tempted to buy the three pack, but with utmost restraint I said

AF due Tuesday or Weds so I'll try to hold off until Wednesday am. Doc wants to put me on progesterone as soon as I get a BFP. Hopefully it will be kinder to me than Shannon's dose : Heck, hopefully I'll need it soon

everyone!!!!!!!! Here's to lots of :

LisaG

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#27 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 04:34 PM

Okay, enough about me.... lets talk about me..

I was reasarching in my prescription for nutritional healing book today. Looking in about yeast infections brought me to other issues... like hypothyroidism. Well, it was alwas suspected but my blood levels don't show it. Well, I talked to an ND and he said that doesn't show a whole lot because one person's normal might be another person's low. I can't even begin to tell you all the symptoms I have for hypothyroidism. This includes low temperatures. Last fall/winter I was temping and I have one whole cycle listed that has no temperature higher than 96.9, and that was really high for the cycle. Most temperatures were anywhere from 95.4 to 96.7 and ranging everywhere in between those temperatures. According to my book under 97 (taken under arm) is a sign. BLEH! Symptoms also include gaining weight, anemia, yeast infections, flaky skin, low temps, depression and lack of fertility. Yeah. That covers me.

So, now what? No cash to go to a ND. Regular doctor won't take me serioulsy because of blood test results. Even if they did, what would they do? Give me all sorts of drugs to treat the symptoms, instead of the problem? Most likely.

Someone shoot me.

-=Johanna=-
#28 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 05:03 PM

Johanna, the meds to supplement thyroid function are really no big deal and they are cheap. They are a synthetic version of the hormone and work quite well (I am hypothyroid--as is one of my dogs) One of my first clues that my levels are not right is if I'm cold when others are not--not just body temp, but I tend to feel chilled alot too, especially hands and feet.
On the natural side, you can take a good kelp supplement, if you see an improvement, then spend the money on a ND.
Oddly, the first clue we had that Havoc was hypothyroid was the size of the litters he sired were going way down--even with the same mom. We'd done the same combo 3 times and always got 8 pups, then did it and got 3, sure enough his levels were low and his litter sizes went back to normal with supplementation.
Farm life, I think it was you who asked what can I do here? Well, I'm sitting on this computer alot and really glad I bought a laptop with a DVD player in it! Other than that, I've been reading a lot.
#29 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 05:12 PM

farmlife3 - what about some of the herbals, like Vitex? i'm not too familiar with it but i think it helps regulate your cycle?? i'm sure someone here is taking it and could fill you in more.

melknee - i can sympathize with you about the long cycles. its frustrating when people who were still in the 2ww when i had AF are already O'ing! :

i'm so sorry velveteen - that was such an insensitive thing for your friend to say.

stream - if it was brownish then usually that's old blood - do you think it was just leftover from yesterday's possible implantation spotting???

adina - i've been reading your LJ and although i don't have any comforting words for you, i just want you to know that i, too, think about you often. of course, i hope everyone here gets a BFP, but there are definitely some of you here (and you are one of them) that i really wish it would happen for soon.
#30 of 317 Old 07-25-2004, 06:01 PM

I faint positive on my LH test strips today. A full 4 days earlier than last month. Last month I had 3 days of light then a dark.

If you look at my chart from last month and notice we didn't get pregnant, do you think I should have my mw set up labs to have my progesterone tested since dd is nursing?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page