Terrible. I think AF is here.

#@$%$&**

polka123's Avatar polka123 03:37 PM 10-09-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot
Terrible. I think AF is here.

#@$%$&**

Mom4tot's Avatar Mom4tot 05:48 PM 10-09-2004
Thanks Polka. I am sorry for the abrupt post I was just checking in and had discovered it. Blech.

Good luck to you

Hard to believe how long this can take!
SagMom's Avatar SagMom 06:15 PM 10-09-2004
I'm sorry, Joan, that stinks.

I'm just hanging out...no idea where in my cycle I am. Actually, this is cd 26 but my period was so wacky this month that I don't really know where to count from. When I should have O'd, I was still bleeding, so this month is a wash.

Some days I feel like I should just give away the baby stuff and call it quits, yk?
polka123's Avatar polka123 06:50 PM 10-09-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan
I'm sorry, Joan, that stinks.

I'm just hanging out...no idea where in my cycle I am. Actually, this is cd 26 but my period was so wacky this month that I don't really know where to count from. When I should have O'd, I was still bleeding, so this month is a wash.

Some days I feel like I should just give away the baby stuff and call it quits, yk?

oh don't do that....
I know sometimes it seems overwhelming.
hey, I have 21 yrs between kids
nanmama02's Avatar nanmama02 10:26 PM 10-09-2004
Hey everybody. Thanks for the reminder, Polka! I'm just hanging out either expecting another crazy long cycle or I'm pg. Ha. Does anyone else ever experience pre-menstrual symptoms like cramps, pimples, foul mood and then not get it? Or, have more than one episode of EW CM? I had that happen a few times this month and just when I thought AF was on her way, nothing. But I'm not getting excited because I've had cycles last as much as 50 days before. Oh, the plight of an older mama. I refuse to do a test until at least 35 days go by. Besides I forgot to pick one up at the birth center when I worked on Wed nite and I refuse to pay for one.. and, I don't want to know yet.
Hey you Joanies: hang in there! Sometimes it does take a while and then it surprises you.. if it's meant to be and all that.. I sold a bunch of stuff that I had given my girlfriend for her last girl when she brought it back for a fund-raising yard sale we had, but not before taking back my very favorite pieces "just in case"! There's always that flicker of hope.
But then again, today is my oldest's 26th birthday! And there was 19 years before #2 came along.. I thought I was done then too!
Ellen are you still out there? How's everything going?
Velveteen's Avatar Velveteen 02:50 AM 10-10-2004
I'm glad the thread got re-visited....I was wondering about you all!!

This is CD 1 for me and I'm pretty unhappy about it.

Anyone else on this board doing/done Clomid?? What was your experience? I'll try again this cycle, but boy, is this process ever long. I hope that if I do get pg, I can get it to stick.

Nanmama, I hope your pg!!
SagMom's Avatar SagMom 08:43 PM 10-12-2004
Thanks, Polka.

Sorry about af, Velveteen. I actually spoke to my midwife today about Clomid--she didn't think it was appropriate in my case. I actually agree, I guess I was just looking to DO something.

Today is cd 28 for me...kind of...because I bled for 21 days this last time. One of my questions to her was how do I figure out where I am in my cycle right now. Her response was that there was no way to know and I just needed to wait. :-P
She ran a bunch of blood tests though to check hormone levels and my thyroid and said we'd talk more when the results came back. And we talked a little about insemination. Dh isn't crazy about that idea, but he'll get over it.

Ironically, I had ewcm today and came home from my appt. to find out that the opk was positive! So, Dh came home early from work...

I guess we'll see. Does anyone else calculate due dates before they even finish the 2ww? I don't know why I do that to myself each month!
napless's Avatar napless 06:10 PM 10-15-2004
Hi everyone!

I'm still here and still feeling yucky. Yay!

We told the boys and it was great. Isaac (4) had the most amazing look of wonder on his face! He has had lots of comments: "I'll be so big when our baby gets here that I'll be able to pick it up right over my head!" "We'll need another pasta bowl!" (we have a set of 4) He is thinking about the baby all the time, although I am trying to be low-key about it for now.

Ronan (2) has been playing "baby" a lot: "I'm a baby! I need to nurse! This is my baby toy!" Interestingly, he started that game after I knew but before I had told him! He never ever said that before I was pregnant.

Baby dust and good wishes to all of you. (That is partly a selfish wish - I want some other 40+ pg mamas to commiserate with!)
polka123's Avatar polka123 07:52 PM 10-15-2004
oh Velveteen sweetie.
dammit. :
how long are you gonna do clomid?
I have no experience with it.

Napless, good to see your hanging in there.
We're working on it, girl.

to the reboots.

Joan... here's to catching the eggie -

Oh I always figure out due dates !

If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry.

Y'know, I'm really working nature to the edge.
I'm 43 with one tube/ovary, a nasty history of Endo still nursing my 13 mon old.... : :nana: :

SagMom's Avatar SagMom 09:06 PM 10-15-2004
Hey Polka, we're cycle buddies! The mw may have no clue as to where I am in my cycle, but *I* do. (Yes, I'm gloating, and after the past 2 months, I'm proud of it!!) From my chart, it appears that I ovulated yesterday. Only 13 days left to wait.
Velveteen's Avatar Velveteen 04:46 AM 10-16-2004
Hello!
Nice to see you Napless! I so hope we can all join you soon.

This is my second cycle of Clomid. I'm taking the minimum dose. I was hoping to take it no more than three cycles. I have not experienced any side effects at all, so hopefully that is a good thing, and not because its not doing anything.

Desiree,
I'm hoping against hope that at 43 you will come up pg very soon! Besides, I'm not that far behind you!
polka123's Avatar polka123 09:27 PM 10-16-2004
fingers X'd for everyone...

here's to a fertile Holiday Season

joan - cool on the same cycle
nanmama02's Avatar nanmama02 10:22 PM 10-17-2004
well I waited 35 days but I already knew. Took a PT yesterday of course it was that's ok. I wasn't a bit surprised. Unless my body has totally changed, I will know right away because I always do. And as bitchy as I've felt lately I'm sure AF is on the way..

Ellen: glad you're still feeling yucky! that's always a good sign.

to all the rest, all the best...
Mom4tot's Avatar Mom4tot 10:57 PM 10-17-2004
I'm sorry Nancy How long are your longest cycles?
napless's Avatar napless 11:51 PM 10-17-2004
Nancy - rats!!!!!

Velveteen's Avatar Velveteen 04:16 AM 10-18-2004
I'm sorry Nancy : How long are your cycles usually?

I'm CD 9 and hoping to see the egg in the next week or less.
SagMom's Avatar SagMom 11:06 AM 10-19-2004
I'm sorry, Nancy. Have you tried charting? (sorry if we've already discussed this!)
SagMom's Avatar SagMom 07:54 PM 10-23-2004
So, where is everyone?

I'm 9 days post-O but had a temp dip this morning. Not below the coverline, but still...I'm setting myself up to expect a period.

All my bloodwork came back "normal," so I'm going to go back to EPO next month--maybe it'll help those poor swimmers along.

How are you all holding up?
polka123's Avatar polka123 10:21 PM 10-23-2004
well, I'll know any day now.
it's hard b/c my early pg & pms symtoms are the same. lol
i might try the vitex again.

i'm hoping the holiday season will bring good tidings b/c we both love x-mas season & just generally happy.
Velveteen's Avatar Velveteen 03:53 AM 10-24-2004
Well, I'm CD 15, and hoping I O'd today. If so, it will be good timing!!

Joan, please keep us posted!! You too Desiree!!!
SagMom's Avatar SagMom 10:47 AM 10-24-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by polka123
it's hard b/c my early pg & pms symtoms are the same. lol
Me too!!

Good luck to you! (And you too, Velveteen--have fun--
)
nanmama02's Avatar nanmama02 09:11 PM 10-24-2004
As expected - this cycle was long! 39 days, and once it hit, it hit hard. I even ate steak today cause I craved it and that seldom happens; I must be iron-deprived. So the cycle begins again. My longest one has been almost 80 days! And my shortest, 14. So as you can see it's hard to figure it out. Is it because ds is still nursing after 4 years? Is it because I'm 46? Is it because I'm heavier than I've ever been?
Joan: I have tried charting; did it for the last three cycles but it's not reliable for me. I either forget or ds has awaked me too soon to keep the time close to the same. I can't seem to get it at the same time each day AND get three hours sleep solid before taking it. And which is more important? Also, my cm is not reliable; I have ew cm more than once a month. So it's frustrating for me; I have a chart full of blank spots and I don't know if the ones I've done are reliable. BTW what is EPO?

Sounds like we may have some good news from one or another of you soon! Ellen how are you feeling?
Desiree: "it's hard b/c my early pg & pms symtoms are the same. lol"
That is SO true for me too! It's why I don't get excited when any of them happen anymore... but for you I will be!
Mom4tot's Avatar Mom4tot 09:39 PM 10-24-2004
Wow, Nancy, that 8o days is a long cycle! It could be a number of things, I suppose. I am nursing too, and fear low progesterone.

I got 2 lines on the OPK today...so, dh and I are negotiating the best time to you know...LOL Sometimes we do it too soon, I think.
momamuseskim's Avatar momamuseskim 09:59 PM 10-24-2004
hi!!

i'm 43 and ttc !!

this is the first cycle that we've tried. i did a bowel, liver and kidney cleanse first.

actually we just started do "it" on 5 oct, pretty much everyday.

i'm not sure what all the abbreviations are, i couldn't find a cheat sheet that defines them.

cd?

my cycle has always been about 26 days. i felt ovulation on friday, 22 oct.

so i won't know until my next schedule (hopefully missed) af until 7 nov.

edit: duh, as soon as i went back out to the sub forum i see the ttc abbreviations.
SagMom's Avatar SagMom 10:31 PM 10-24-2004
Good luck, Joan!

Welcome, momamuseskim!

Nancy, "EPO" is evening primrose oil. It's supposed to help with cervical fluid. I still get ewcm, but not as much as when I was younger, and with dh's low count, I figure a boost to cervical fluid couldn't hurt.

So, I'm 10 days post-O. Temp still above coverline. But I'm crabby, crabby, crabby. And a little bit nauseus (all in my head, I suspect) and I'm tired (but then, I get tired just before my period too.)
Velveteen's Avatar Velveteen 11:29 PM 10-24-2004
Welcome Moma!!

Could you tell me about your liver/bowel/kidney cleanse? Did you use a certain product? That was smart of you. Have you read "Staying Fertile Longer?", it's a great book with some ideas on that.
I just ordered a liver cleanse product, thought that might help. Have I mentioned how much I spend on supplements?? :

Mom4tot, good luck!!

How are you doing Polka?
momamuseskim's Avatar momamuseskim 11:48 PM 10-24-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen
Welcome Moma!!

Could you tell me about your liver/bowel/kidney cleanse? Did you use a certain product? That was smart of you. Have you read "Staying Fertile Longer?", it's a great book with some ideas on that.
I just ordered a liver cleanse product, thought that might help. Have I mentioned how much I spend on supplements?? :

Mom4tot, good luck!!

How are you doing Polka?
i use dr. schulze's products. i swear by these products!!

http://www.800herbdoc.com

unfortunately, the website is being wonky right now

but here's another page at the curezone: http://curezone.com/schulze/

i've been using the superfood and have done all three flushes each year for the past 3 years. i know for me it has made a huge difference in how i feel, my blood pressure and my energy level.

i just figured that i would clean out all the old gunk i had accumulated over the past 20 years and i would be as good as new.

i spend a lot on vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc. we have no drugs in this house, even for our pets!! all natural here.

i haven't read that book "staying fertile longer" but i borrowed a copy of a book, i think it was menopause, everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask. and i was reading that and came to the realization, that i'm not even close to menopause. and in the book it talked about things that bring menopause on earlier are toxin in the environment and food that accumulate in the body. so that really made a lot of sense to me.

the only other cleanse programs i know of are the "purify thy self" and the "cure for all cancers" by hulda clark. i've done both of those programs, but the dr. schulze one is by far the simplest. the cleanses are 5 days each and i know i really saw a huge difference after the second day.

i mean i obviously could go on and on
polka123's Avatar polka123 01:12 PM 10-26-2004
: : reboot : : :

Welcome Moma :
I, also, have a older child - DD 22yrs
Welcome to the thread,
I wold love to to do the flushes but I'm still b/fing (breastfeeding) my 14 mo DS & they all say not to flush while doing a flush b/c some toxins get to the milk.
Havee you heard different?

Mom4tot, Joan, Velveteen, Nanmama02, Napless & if I forgot someone, I'm very sorry.

How's everyone holding up?

I'm tired today. DS has a terrible cold & been up 2 nights.

I think I'm gonna make a Dr's appt & see what they say even tho' they don't cover fertility stuff.

: : for all of us.
SagMom's Avatar SagMom 03:47 PM 10-26-2004
Polka
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up