30+ and TTC 12 mos+ 8/29-9/04 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 220 Old 09-09-2004, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everybody!

So, my computer died (as in DEAD, dead) yesterday, so I am at the library, checking my email and such until this weekend (hopefully) when we buy a new computer. (M gave away that he'd been planning on buying me a new computer for my 30th birthday anyway, since our iMac is so so so old -- but since it died, I guess I get another early birthday present!)

Anyway, there's a chance I won't be able to get a new computer for a week or so (depends on pricing/ shipping/ time constraints etc...) but I love you all and am gonna be checking up on you, even if I can't write as much as normal!

Belly blessings!

PS -- was it DAni or Keri who recommended the Whole Person Fertility Program??? I've already had a major ephiphani from that book, and I only started reading it yesterday!!!! Anyway, my ephiphany was related to the fact that I've been pretty hardcore about my belief that I only want one child. But since I've already had an abortion, maybe I unconciously think I've used up that chance. (Especially since we also have Pinter, who counts as "baby-like".) Anyway, I feel a lot lighter about it all after I realized that last night!

Otherwise, that book is pretty much reinforcing my belief that I am damn cool, since I already have done alot of that emotional healing work on my own!
#122 of 220 Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 PM

I would love to talk more about that book. I read it a year or two ago and decided it didn't have much to offer me. I didn't think I had any "issues" with my desire to become a mother. For my whole life, I've wanted to grow up and have children (several). I've had my opportunities for education--I even have a master's degree. I have struggled a ton with career, though, mostly because I felt like career wasn't what I wanted. I think I sabatoged my own career efforts over the years because underneath I really wanted to just be a mom and be home with my children.

But I've been thinking more and more that maybe there is some underlying issue or fear that I need to come to terms with. I am a mother now, through adoption, and find it so fulfilling though much harder than I anticipated. But maybe there is still something in there somewhere that I need to address? I've decided to read it again and try to do the exercises that are in it. I would love to hear what others discovered/learned from it!

Physically, I'm just waiting to O. Last month I O'd on cd12, but now I'm on cd13 and nothing so far. Yesterday I had ewcm stretching about 6 inches! Yeah! But I still haven't gotten a + opk. Last month I actually O'd several days after the profuse ewcm (I still had it, but not as much), so maybe that's what will happen this time around. This is the first month I've used an OPK in years, so I have this little fear that I'll never get a + and that I will find out I am not actually O'ing despite all the other good signs.
#123 of 220 Old 09-09-2004, 06:43 PM

Not sure which I am since I had confusing cm issues. But despite the fact that I am trying to talk myself out of it, I feel kinda pregnant. Don't know. Trying to stay cool and level-headed.

Alexis, Glad that book helped you! I talked about it, but haven't read it yet. I had heard about it through Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom by Christiane Northrup. It sounded cool. Glad to hear it is!

Wondering how Korin is doing...
#124 of 220 Old 09-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I was wondering the same thing. I told her to call me if she had good news....but no phone call. So we will see. She gets back Sunday. Hopefully she isn't bear bait. :LOL

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#125 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 12:16 PM

I tested this morning and got a faint line. I am going to test again tomorrow (and probably for days after) just to be sure. I'm not the same giddy person I was when I was pg earlier this year. I am feeling very cautious, but strangely calm. One thing that spooks me a little is that this baby is due withint a day or two of when my last baby miscarried. I still need it to sink in. Please, if I may ask, could you please send some sticky vibes my way? Thank you!
#126 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 12:52 PM

Oh Keri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the BEST news!! Peace to you girl, this one will stick!!! Congratulations!!!!!
#127 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 12:56 PM

Too Cool, I get to celebrate in 2 threads!

:LOL :LOL : : :

Obviously I am very happy for you. I know pregnancy after m/c is a hard time to relax, but I'll encourage you to enjoy this because there is no way you loose by doing so.
#128 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 12:57 PM

YAY! Keri!!

I'm sending major vibes your way!!

Congratulations!
#129 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Sending as many sticky vibes as I can manage. X a bazillion!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#130 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 01:46 PM

And thanks again over here ladies!! gonnab, I need to remember to enjoy this for as long as it lasts (however amount of time that may be). Thnaks for those words. Could you remind me of that periodically? :LOL

As I put in the One Thread, I really believe that accupuncture has been my saving grace for what it's worth. Now I just need to work on keeping this one! :
#131 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 02:55 PM

Keri!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Sending lots of sticky vibes your way. I know just how you feel about feeling cautious rather than giddy -- I felt that way for the first 14 weeks (heck I still feel like that). This baby WILL stick so send it all sorts of loving!

Congrats again!!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#132 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Keri!

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#133 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 03:47 PM

Congratulations Keri! :

I am just curious about the time and financial commitment for acupuncture. I discussed it with my ND but she said it would be difficult for me because there would be so many appointments and I'd have to pay for them all out of pocket. She has recommended jin shin jytsu (I think that's how you spell it), which is a Japanese form of acupressure. I'm just wondering if it would be as effective.

I've been having ewcm for several days, but the opk is still -. Argh! I have used up my 7 opk sticks and now have to go spend $20 on a new test kit. The good news is that I have an RE appointment on Oct 4th! After being told I would likely have a 6-month wait to get in!
#134 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 03:56 PM

Kerri, like Adina said, I'm sending you a bazillion, gazillion sticky vibes!!!!!!!! May you have a healthy, happy, uneventful (in bad ways) 9mw, and may your babe be born "at a good hour."

As for me, I had a sweet baby dream last night. Confusing, b/c the baby was clearly a monkey-child (which is 2004 in Chinese astrology) whereas any babe of mine will be a Rooster, most likely (or whatever comes next).

Still, he was such a sweetie. Very petite, with wild curly dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and a face that was slightly more of my influences than M's. SO CUTE! And so very sweet, hanging off my arm, and generally playing monkey. And then there was a scene of M taking care of him while he was sick (with a cold) they were ADORABLE together.

I'm taking it as a nice sign. If not for this month, then for later.

Oh yeah, and I'm 10 DPO today.

Laurel, I hope your + OPK comes soon!!!!!

Belly Blessings,

alexis, still without a home computer (ARGH!!!!!!!)
#135 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Administrator

I miss you lexie!!!

I have absolutely nothing to talk about....how weird.

#136 of 220 Old 09-10-2004, 05:31 PM

KERI!!! OMG!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Dani & Velvet & Gonnabe – Hmmm. A late temp rise is NOT something that I had thought about – that makes much more sense!!! FF finally gave me a coverline today, two days after my last “peak” day according to the monitor - so I'm either 3dpo or 5dpo. Is there a way to override FF? I’m hoping that in the next few cycles the monitor will really get my cycle pegged and good results will follow! And about the chance of a 2nd egg being released – eeeek!!! : My family has had fraternal twins for the last 4 generations – except for this one.

Alexis – Arrggh! No computer!! Arrgggh!!! Isn’t it strange how quickly we become addicted to technology??? Oh, your baby dream sounded so lovely! I would be so happy to have a wild curly haired little monkey boy! Maybe it just means your nick-name for your child will be monkey.

Johanna – I am glad you are here too!! 2 The One Thread is wonderful, but so many women pop in, get pregnant, and pop out – it can get very depressing to those who are waiting around for much longer. Plus, the women here are pretty groovy!!

Laurel – I hope you get your OPKs soon!

Gonnabe – I liked that aromatherapy site – having dh massage me with rose oil sounds very nice and if it increases fertility, so be it!!

Adina – Nothing to say??? Sweet be-geenie’s bums! :
#137 of 220 Old 09-11-2004, 05:42 AM

Congrats Keri!

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#138 of 220 Old 09-11-2004, 08:43 PM

Everyone is so sweet. Thanks again!

Laurel, I have been to two different accupuncturists. I liked the one I used this time around. He recommended an accupuncture session a couple of days before o-ing and a few days after. He also gave me some herbs to balance me, but that was for my specific needs. The prices are going to vary, but my initial consult/accupuncture treatment was $195 and subsequent treatments were $90. Pricey, but when you compare to fertility treaments through RE's, not as bad. He also said that if I didn't get pg withint 3 cycles with, he would recommend that I try other methods, so I clearly knew what I was getting my self into financially.

If you are thinking of going in this direction, I would highly recommend reading The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. It gives all the info on TCM and how it relates to fertility issues.
#139 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 01:59 AM

Well, I'm starting to spot. I feel like I'm at this tunnel, or cross roads or whatever. I'll reluctantly try Clomid this cycle. If that doesn't work, I may have to admit that my fertility journey is looking very uncertain. At my age, it is unlikely that I will conceive on my own, although I still remain somewhat hopeful.
My husband is sad and so am I.
#140 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:00 AM

I'm back, and sad/happy

First, sad because I just popped over to Korin's chart and saw that her period started And also sad because I too started bleeding today. Just spotting, for now, but I am fairly certain tomorrow will be CD 1.

I just don't know how much more of this I can take. M and I are really starting to talk about adoption ("keeping our options open" is M's way of putting it). This bums me out but also gives me a lot of hope. I will be a mama one way or another. I just wish that I could be a bio-mom. I'd love to give birth. (And I have the perfect tub right now!!!!! Don't you know that, baby of mine?)

Anyway, until bleeding begns in ernest, I'm going to try not to get too down about the whole thing.

And I have my new toy to make me happy: yes, I am now back online in my living room, with a laptop of my very own! Have now switched from mac to PC and from desktop to laptop -- so two major changes, but ones I hope I'll be happy with in the long run!

, though, I wish I Korin was knocked up! And I hope I am, too.

Keri, I'm still so happy for you
#141 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:07 AM

They, who say shit like... "just go on vacation!" "just relax!" lied. I went on vacation. I had a 17 day LP. I'm not pregnant.
Feh.

Thanks for all the stalking and good vibes. at least the bleeding held out until we were packing up the tent this morning to head home. . I had a little cry this morning.. and then the rest of the day was great. I'll post later in my LJ about my whole trip.

Keri!!! I'm so excited for you! !

Ok. back to lurking... I'm not at home yet. we stopped in Spokane (about half way) to sleep at a friends house.. and I'm pooped. I'll be home tomorrow afternoon... and will update all then.

Oh.. I sure did miss you all!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#142 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:08 AM

Oh, and Lexie, I'm sorry you started spotting.. I looked at your chart first thing.. and was so excited.
I'm with you about being done with trying. Alright already.. I'm ready to be pregnant!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#143 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:09 AM

Velvet... many hugs to you. I wish I had other words of advice or wisdom.. but all I have is
Adina knows all about clomid...

#144 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:26 AM

Likewise Korin, I didn't realize you had a 17 lp! Cruel and unusual punishment!! What the heck.

Lexie, we are in the same boat, I'm so sorry you are spotting too.
#145 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen
Likewise Korin, I didn't realize you had a 17 lp! Cruel and unusual punishment!! What the heck.

Lexie, we are in the same boat, I'm so sorry you are spotting too.
Oh Velvet! Being spotting sisters is no fun at all...

K, I missed you something fierce, girly! Having you and 'dina gone was like a party where everyone stands around talking about where the cool girls are (Not that the rest of us aren't cool, cause we are, but you know what I mean!)

Also, Johanna Good to see you here I know EXACTLY what you mean about the One Thread.

Belly Blessings!
#146 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:41 AM

OH, and :happybirthday Adina... I'll be sending you a present sometime this week. oh, and you should totally move to portland, Ryan mentioned it twice on vacation.

#147 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 01:27 PM

2 Korin

2 Alexis

2 Velveteen

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#148 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Man, that blows chunks (as my sis would say).

Uncool....everyone should be getting pregnant! EVERYONE! : :

Major 2 to Lexie, Velvet and Korin. 2

As for me - well no freaking clue. Waiting to O, after having had a + OPK....but no temp rise. Not that we had any energy to GIO anyway.

Korin, I so want to move I can't even tell you. I posted in FYT about starting a S&B in Boulder....Not one response. F that. I went to the yarn store yesterday! It is fabulous!!!!! HUGE! I figure you have to visit me before we move though, just to make use of that Colorado connection. :LOL

Lexie - Traitor!!! :LOL switching to a PC... How sad. (die hard mac geek here. ) Glad you have a computer back though.

#149 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 04:00 PM

Adina, I knew the mac geeks would understand my feelings of traitor-ship. I feel bad, but really, I could not go a few months without a computer... and I didn't want to get the "older" iMac -- how sad is that?

I am still bleeding, but it is still super-light (not making my underwear). However, it's red and bright and my temp went down a few degrees today and that officially makes today CD 1 in my opionion. Or maybe actual bleeding will hold off til tomorrow, we shall see.

In any case, it SUCKS!!!!!!! Absolutely and utterly. I am pretty pissed off for all of us. I think I have stepped beyond sad and grieving into mad as and am now going to need someone to beat up. Hypothetically, of course, cause I am a pacifist.

OK, universe, start 'splaining!
#150 of 220 Old 09-12-2004, 10:41 PM

OH, . What a weekend.

HUGE ((( hugs ))) to Korin, Velvet, and Alexis.

Hugs all around, in fact. It's not fair.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page