The One Thread - September 19-25 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle98sean02
How are ya feeling Anna and Elena? We need more dust!!!!!
Feeling a loss of apetite and having difficulty sleeping. Fun! But we're just so happy - thanks for thinking of me! and now....

that's enough for each of you...

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 02:00 PM

Megan I am so sorry! I hope your headache is gone and you are doing ok.

As for me I am confused -- can someone look at my chart. My temp dropped below the coverline but is still sort of high -- what does that mean? It seems like my coverline is kind of high to me.

Another question -- when talking about the cervix what is high and low? Is low like closer to the vaginal opening or is that high?
#63 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 02:01 PM

Ohhh thanks, we needed all that dust around here!!!!!
#64 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 02:03 PM

It does look a little high. Maybe its an early implantation dip
#65 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 02:29 PM

Megan and Jodi

In my experience with a very early m/c, my cycles have been all screwed up since then. Sorry to say so, but that's been my experience, Since my last cycle was 28 days on the nose, I am hoping to put all that behind me.

Not much doing here.

Hey, anyone know anything about Prozac and TTC? After the m/c I also got very erratic emotionally and finally went to a "happy pill" (tried Zoloft and it was awful). Now I'm happy with P but am not sure how it conflicts with ttc. Thanks!
#66 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 03:49 PM

well, FF finally gave me a dotted coverline.
this has been a weird month for me.
Move me to waiting to know
don't know if we caught eggie since it was 3 days prior to O.
keeping fingers X'd for those in the wait

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) to the rebooters.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#67 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 05:59 PM

cd 19 and 8dpo...

can't seem to believe I O'd that early in my cycle...

we only gio twice so far this month, luckily it was right before O but I am seriously deprived...sick babies are pretty tough.

I am having some of my old pms symptoms...guess the supps aren't working that great...I don't have nausea though and the cramping is milder.

the only thing really different this cycle is that I o'd earlier and also my breasts are sore all the time, not just for 2 days after O

other than that I am thinking we probably missed it
#68 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 08:50 PM

Hi all! It has been a while since I was here last, but I had to move! So, I am back and I AM READY!!!!!! I am currently waiting to know, although I haven't updated my FF charts and won't until the beginning of my next cycle...if there is a beginning!. I am pretty certain that I o'd on the 13 and hubby and I bd on the 11th. My temp dropped significantly on Saturday, the 18th and is now up from 97.0 (on the 18th) to 97.7 (this morning) and also, on Saturday I had some 'dots' of blood mixed in with..um...er...the stuff that hubby left behind (TMI, I know!). At first I thought that the blood was maybe just hubby irritating my cervix or something. However, when my 'baby makin brain' looks at the dots of blood and the temp dip 5-6 dp(unconfirmed)o.....................

ANNA!!!!!! OH MY!!! I am crying!!! ELENA!!!!! I can't believe that I missed it!!!!!!!! Congratulations! and a happy and healthy 9 months to the both of you!!!!!
#69 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 08:53 PM

Have I had constant cramps since I Oed? Every day since I Oed on the 17th (so 4 days now) I have been crampy.

Its not unbearable but its uncomfortable enough to be distracting.

What is this all about?!
#70 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max's Mami
Have I had constant cramps since I Oed? Every day since I Oed on the 17th (so 4 days now) I have been crampy.

Its not unbearable but its uncomfortable enough to be distracting.

What is this all about?!
Well hopefully it's just your uterus growing for your new babe. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. It happens. Try not to read into it too much.

#71 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 09:31 PM

Thanks Anna -- I am kinda scared I did too much internal checking of the cervix for EWCM and such and gave myself an infection Though I was super careful with hand washing and I dont have any signs of infection but still scared. I dont remember this happening with Maxi - then again he was a surprise so I probably wasnt paying attention.
#72 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 09:51 PM

Morgan - I think FF set your coverline too high, IMHO. What method do you have it set on? (Advanced, research, FAM) You might try using one of the others and see if it gives you a lower coverline. If you've already done that, then

StoneFence - Same advice - have you tried the other methods on FF? Sometimes the different modes will pick up the more logical pattern that can be seen visually. Just a thought.

Melissa - conventional wisdom says that Prozac is the antidepressant of choice when TTC/pg. It's the oldest and best studied. I'm not sure which class it is (probably B) but is pretty routinely used, and if you need it, you need it, just as diabetics need their insulin, imho.

Off to eat some more freezer contents for supper. Don't you wish you were at my house tonight? :LOL (I'm moving in a week, and need to eat things up, but it's making for some odd combos. I'm about to start a pot of stew with all the leftovers in it. Hopefully it'll be good, or at least acceptable. If it's toxic, well, it's been nice knowin' ya! :LOL )

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#73 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 09:57 PM

Kate - I have it on advanced. I was reading that on research it would be even higher. I guess I can switch it around and see what happens. Thanks!
#74 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 10:12 PM

Yeah - advanced actually gave me a .2 higher coverline (and 1 day later O date) this month than research did. I'm sticking with the research interp. for this cycle, as I feel the O date is more accurate. Next cycle, who knows?

#75 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elowyn
Melissa - conventional wisdom says that Prozac is the antidepressant of choice when TTC/pg. It's the oldest and best studied. I'm not sure which class it is (probably B) but is pretty routinely used, and if you need it, you need it, just as diabetics need their insulin, imho.
an FYI - Zoloft is the the antidep. of choice for pg & b/fing.
I asked about prozac & it has too long of a "life" in your body meaning more can be transfered.

Zoloft has a very short life in the body as it dissapates quickly so less is transfered to feus & b/milk.

I asked 4 MD's & my Vets (don't laugh, I like them better then my Dr's) & THEN I researched & Zoloft it is.

I was put on 50mg of Zoloft mid pg & still on & b/fing just fine my 1y old.

Did'nt mean to hi-jack you post....

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#76 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 11:29 PM

Hi everyone,
Can I join the one thread? My dh and I started TTC last month. We missed it. I was hoping to conceive a baby on Labor Day, when I ovulated, and which was when dh proposed 5 years ago.

We teach NFP, so I am comfortable with the process of charting and am aware of my body...but it didn't make the waiting any easier! I was so sure I was pg: triphasic chart, lots of the early symptoms, even my urine smelled *different*. When my menses began this week, I was really bummed. After a few days, I realized that subconsciously, I had made a "bargain" with myself. Does anyone else do this? I detoxed by body months ago, and had been soooo good about limiting caffeine, alcohol, white sugar, exercising, taking prenatals and getting enough sleep --- I had made a deal with myself that this extra discipline would be "worth it". You know, like when you study really hard for the big test and get an A. But my thinking was silly. Fertility doesn't work that way. I think God is teaching me patience and reminding me that I am not in control of everything .

Palmetto
#77 of 221 Old 09-21-2004, 11:47 PM

Hey Desiree - interesting to know about Zoloft. I honestly think most of the SSRI's are probably fine. A shorter half-life is definitely an advantage, if Zoloft works as well for the patient as others, esp. Prozac. I know that for some individuals, one SSRI works much much better than others, and/or certain SSRI's are poorly tolerated. It seems that, in Melissa's case, Zoloft wasn't a good fit, but Prozac was. I'm glad to hear that either would be a safe choice, (and Zoloft possibly safer, all else being equal) and will add that to my fund of knowledge to share with my patients.

Thanks! Glad you're liking Zoloft!

#78 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 12:01 AM

can someone tell me what triphasic is?

btw, another BFN today
#79 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 12:10 AM

Well all the talk about tuning FF made me change mine and looky at this: http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/4b049

#80 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 12:30 AM

Anna, I thought about bringing that up early on (about the time you got your BFP) but didn't want to muddy the waters. Is that research mode? I've really liked it for this cycle.

BTW, so glad for you! (And maybe : !)

#81 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 12:38 AM

the twins idea is starting to fade away for me now. Now I'm thinking there's just one. But yeah, I'm totally confused now. I guess I'll just be "due" the last week of may. I still won't actually deliver until June though.

Palmetto!

Morgan, I agree that your coverline is too high. I'd drop it to 97.7 at least.

Laura, Thanks! Good luck! So glad your hubby is home!

Carolyn - you need to change your chart link. YOu need to Click "sharing" then "Homepage/ticker setup" then click preview and that's your link. The one you have now directs me to my own chart.

#82 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
Well all the talk about tuning FF made me change mine and looky at this: http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/4b049
things that make you go....hhmmmm.... makes sense since you had such an early BFP. anna, did you do anything different to make O come earlier with your last 2 cycles???

adrienneWe - triphasic is when your temps go up to a 3rd level which can be indicative of pregnancy.

palmetto

stonefence - is this your first cycle with clomid???? looks like you're having good luck with it! :

justice2 - i had spotting on 9 dpo last cycle which i'm now sure was implantation spotting. so it sounds like it could be a very good sign for you :

nothing new here.....i think AF might finally be wrapping up. i'm researching all i can about progesterone deficiency.....i will definitely be tested at 7 dpo, but i've heard that your level can be 'normal' and you could still have low progesterone. so i'm wondering about just trying it regardless. i really don't want to replay last month's early m/c. (i totally agree with you elena, the term 'chemical pregnancy' sounds so...cold). did a little 'retail therapy' over the past few days..... that always makes me feel good.
#83 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 01:29 AM

Wow, Anna, your chart is really interesting! Good thing you were so persistent with the GIO-ing.

Gearing up for my own GIO weekend -- ha! We are going out to a Slovenian restaurant for my birthday dinner with family -- pierogis and polka music. Perfect for baby-making

Thanks for all the info re: SSRIs. I feel a little blase about the whole thing, right or wrong. The doc I was seeing before felt that I wouldn't need anything once I got pg anyway because of the hormones (although that doesn't help with what the baby gets before I test + and before I can wean myself off the stuff). I just feel so much better, and felt so awful on Zoloft (speedy and couldn't sleep) I am wary of trying anything else right now.

Welcome, Palmetto!
#84 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 01:43 AM

wow...found this on another post....thought i'd share
Empty Arms

showed it to my dh and Mr. Unemotional actually got a little teary-eyed.
#85 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakermansmom
anna, did you do anything different to make O come earlier with your last 2 cycles???
The only thing different about my last 2 cycles was spirulina and lots of stress. Lots and Lots of stress. Moving, Dh starting a new PhD program, gargantuan financial problems, DS ultra-bratty, me ultra moody and just tired of it all. I'm not really convinced it was the spirulina.

#86 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 02:38 AM

what does spirulina do for you? i think you mentioned this before.....is it to increase ewcm???
#87 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 10:34 AM

I tried changing to research on FF. Still no coverline.

My temp went up again this morning, so I tested.

I'm in shock. To answer someone's question about clomid (Jodi?), this was my second cycle on clomid, first at 100mg. I saw the RE the day after the last pill and was told that it wouldn't do any good, I have diminished reserve of eggs and I would need injectables and possibly a donor egg. I was so sad. I contacted an adoption agency. I kept up with charting and the GIO schedule just in case.

to everyone.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#88 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 10:48 AM

Thanks Anna...can you check my chart link now and see if it's ok...

Congratulations Stone Fence...I had a good feeling about that chart and now after reading your story I am sooooooooo excited for you!!!

#89 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 11:00 AM

Anna...about the twins thing...well there are lots of ways to interpret this...you may actually be having twins for real or maybe it's because you are expecting a gemini baby...gemini is the twins....

Oh and I have a gemini and she really is 2 people...lol...she is the most loving, kindest sweetest, talented, fun interesting person in the world and also the most aggravating, impulsive, bold and challenging child ever...she is 10 and she is awesome although some days I look for a band of gypsies to sell her to...lol!
#90 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Got to add a to the list!

: : : : : : :
: Congrats Amy! :
: : : : : : :

I really don't have time for personals (I should be leaving for school : ), but I need to ask a question: Are any of you Christians and praying for a baby? I have a strong desire to do this, but am having a hard time getting around my up-bringing that you don't pray asking for things. I don't want to hijack the thread so if you are Christian and praying/believing God for a baby, please, please PM me.

On a lighter note: You mamas would be so proud of me. I have decided that this is our month, and informed DH a couple weeks ago that we would GIO everyday from this past Sunday to next Friday to cover all the bases. Well, he's been sick since Sunday afternoon, but I have not let him off the hook. I was so proud of myself.

to us all.

ETA: I am a gemini myself and very much two different people. My mother at one point said she wished she had had twins instead, because then she would at least know which personality to expect at any given time

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page