The One Thread - September 19-25 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well now I'm totally freaked out and DH thinks I'm crazy because I just started bawling at the computer screen when I read this:
Quote:
Overdosing during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy may be linked to birth defects involving the baby's arms, legs and nerve development. Babies may develop a dependency and experience a 'withdrawal' after birth if their mother supplements daily up until the birth.
I've only been taking the extra one for 3 days, but I just CANNOT go through having a defect again. I took all these precautions...

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#122 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Anna,you should be okay if you stop taking it now. 3 days shouldn't cause enough in your system to cause problems. Especially this early.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#123 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 11:39 PM

I don't think you should be freaked out, Anna . . .it's gonna be OK! But I DO think that B6 is taken way too lightly. I was going to try it for my spotting, but when DH checked it out at GNC, he read that high doses can cause nerve damage (didn't hear anything about it affecting a babe, just the person taking it.) DH was generally freaked out about any self-medicating, but I went along with him on this one. The most I took was 50 mg.

Anna, the headaches could totally be just be PG related. I get them, too!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#124 of 221 Old 09-22-2004, 11:44 PM

Thank you! I called my mom (who was half asleep) and told her what I read and she said not to worry, but to take far less than that. I'm sorry. I'm just so moody these days. Imagine that! I've been feeling like sobbing all day and this just sent me over the edge. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm sorry for highjacking the thread. I should go over to the pg borads with this! Sorry sorry sorry... back to discussions of cervical mucous and erratic temperatures...

#125 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 12:16 AM

awwwww Anna...I am sure you will be fine...I had a glass of wine the night before I tested positive for Sophia...I was so sure she would have FAS...why do we do this to ourselves...your wee babe will be awesome!!!

I really researched b6 before I started taking it...from what I read for spotting it was better to take a real low dose(less than 10 mg) in a b complex than a high dose alone...I take 5mg in my b complex and it fixed my spotting...I think you only need tiny amounts of this vitamin and so if you are deficient you don't need much to build it up plus it's easily absorbed. My rule with vitamins...unless you have been proven deficient never take more then you could logically get from food.
#126 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 09:47 AM

The doc is supposed to call today with the results of the BPT.

Yesterday, I made DH get out of bed to look at the . He said it was like looking for the gap in the rings of Saturn (Cassini Gap?). I did another test this morning. He said it was much easier to see the gap. The second line was much darker this morning.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#127 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Fence
The second line was much darker this morning.
Yay!!!

#128 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 10:28 AM

My mom sent me this note:
Quote:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...Text&DB=pubmed Anna, Fear not regarding your B6 vitamin. You’d have to take in excess of 2000 mg daily to cause any neurotoxic effects. I found this web site that has an article about B vitamins and orofacial clefts. All the B vites may prevent OFC, not just folic acid. Strict vegetarians can be at risk for B12 deficiency if they’re not careful. If you can’t find the abstract I’m referring to, check out perinatology.com and go to the vitamin B. There’s the link to the above site with many research articles about vite B. It’s good news. When I worked at Nurse Midwives Center in Springfield, we would prescribe 50mg of B6 4x/day. That’s 200 mg daily. I think you’re fine with your 300mg. But if you can get a time released 50 or 100mg, that may be all you need for nausea. Don’t worry. I love you. Mommycat

#129 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 12:46 PM

Anna, I feel terrible that I caused you to worry so much. I'm so sorry for that. I'm sure that the vitamins did no harm at all--upon further reading the amount you were taking wasn't dangerous at all. Again, my sincere apologies.

I won't be taking any extra b supplements myself. I feel that I am getting enough in my regular mega vitamin so hopefully my headaches will go away.

Congrats Stonefence on the darker line!

My temp went up from 97.0 to 97.4 this morning. Does that seem too low? I was doing some reading that low temps could indicate hypothyroid? I looked at some other charts and most are in the 98 degree range...why are mine so low? 97.0...am I sure I'm even alive?? worryworryworry
#130 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 12:47 PM

CD6 and still bleeding. This is abnormal for me. I wish I could just get it over.

I'm excited about my new supplement though. http://www.trilightherbs.com/templat...&subFolderID=1
Should I take it next month even though I'm not ttc for October?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#131 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 01:35 PM

StoneFence, congrats!

Love the news from your mom, anna. Just relax!

I have good news of my own -- just talked to my best friend in the whole world last night who revealed that she is p/g -- only I and her dh now

And now you guys of course

She is six months older than me and this will be her first -- she's due in May. I've turned her onto the boards (as of today!) so hopefully she will be floating around here soon -- a crunchy mom-to-be
#132 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The doc is supposed to call today with the results of the BPT.

Yesterday, I made DH get out of bed to look at the . He said it was like looking for the gap in the rings of Saturn (Cassini Gap?). I did another test this morning. He said it was much easier to see the gap. The second line was much darker this morning.
:

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#133 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 01:48 PM

annakiss..glad you have some reassurance...sounds like you have a nice mommy!

Pepper...I think that's within the normal range for morning temp

StoneFence....I am anxiously awaiting your update with the results of the HCG!!! For your reassurance and also to prove the dr.s and nurses completely wrong...they are all eejits!
#134 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 02:32 PM

anna - i'm sure the three days of extra b6 won't be a problem at all and we're thrilled to still have you here with us on the one thread. as long as you bring baby dust every time you come, of course

stone fence - i'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your quant level.....do tell as soon as you know, k? the darker line is sooo reassuring, isn't it??

dani - i'm so sorry.....

pepper - i think your temps sound fine. i think TCOYF states 97.2 -97.6 is average for pre O temps. i think its only if you consistently have temps less than 97.0 that you might be hypothyroid. my temps are higher b/c i temp vaginally plus i've noticed slightly higher temps (about .2) since switching from my glass bbt to a digital bbt.

megan - when you say you're not ttc in october, does that mean you're not trying this cycle or next cycle????

absolutely nothing new here.....we leave for our vacation in 2 days!!! feel like i'm getting sick so i'm taking lots of vit c and echinacea. off to pack the suitcase......
#135 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 03:13 PM

29. Seems kind of low. (blood was drawn yesterday). I have to get another test next week to see if my levels are going up. In the meantime, I'm going to the $ store to get more tests.

My O date could be off. I had to guess because I missed temping on some crucial days.

Of course this means that I am right and Doc is NOT.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#136 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 03:14 PM

that reminds me. Shorin Mama should be returning soon. :

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#137 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 03:17 PM

amy, i've done a lot of research recently and trust me, 29 is good for 12 dpo. more importantly, are your levels going up? they should double every 2-3days. i would have another quant tom (but then again i'm neurotic and couldn't possibly wait a week if i didn't have to ) sounds good though
#138 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 03:45 PM

Kate -- sounds like a good plan to me! I think its awsome you have put so much thought and research into it. If only all parents did so!

Anna -- I am sure everything is fine but what a scare huh?!

for the reboots.

As for me, still crampy but slightly less than the past 5 days. A LOT of CM lately as well, sort of milky. Dont know if that means anything or not but its noticable. Some breast tenderness but could be because we are slowly weaning from bfing and so on. I could just totally be making all of this up in my mind but I hope not...

DH got his stitches out today and starts rehab tomorrow and has been cleared to start walking (slowly) without crutches but with the boot. So that means I FINALLY get some help! I am so tired of doing everything alone -- its been really rough!
#139 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 03:52 PM

stone fence...29 is perfectly within normal range...

see link!

http://www.bobrow.net/kimberly/birth/hcglevels.html
#140 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 03:54 PM

dd and I are going on a trip so conception will be impossible in October.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#141 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 04:29 PM

I am having such a crappy couple days. Actually this whole week has sucked. My cat was just diagnosed with hepatatic lipidosis, which means her liver's in trouble and she's not eating.

We're going through the whole house buying process which is way more stressful than I imagined it was gonna be :LOL

AND, yesterday, something happened that would be enough for most people to divorce over. In fact, I'm still not totally convinced that I'm NOT going to file for divorce.

Which, obviously means, baby making is on hold indefinitely. Can I be moved to "waiting to be ready"?

Thanks guys.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#142 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 04:37 PM

First of all to Sharon-anne. Whatever is going on in your life I hope you have the support you need right now.

Now to all the rest of you: it's only Thursday and we are on day 8! This is the first time I've been able to log on this week after being on vacation last week and some of this week. I have had so much to read! Great posting all of you! Some good news, some not so good. Life continues.

I had a positive OPK on Sept 12, so I either ovulated that day or the 13th. The vacation helped make the 2ww go by a little quicker. The urge to test is so strong. I am so wishy washy. Some moments I resolve not to test until next Monday. Then I reconsider and think maybe Sunday or maybe Saturday. Then I go back to thinking Monday. Since getting back I've had to get up to pee at 3am and again at 5am and then again at 6. Is this jet lag or something else????

OK, for the moment I'm holding out until Monday, but I have a 3 pack just waiting for some pee....

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#143 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 04:48 PM

Quote:
that reminds me. Shorin Mama should be returning soon. :
Wooohoo! I've missed her wacked sense of humour. :LOL

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#144 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 04:49 PM

Sharon Anne. We're here for you.

Carolyn, thanks for the link. It's quite reassuring. I do believe that my levels are going up.

I'm hoping that my parents will be visiting in the next 2-3 weeks and I'm going to tell them. Anyone have any ideas about how to? Gift wrapped baby clothes? This will be their second grandchild.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#145 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 04:49 PM

Sharon-anne. I hope you can work through whatever it is your going through and come to a peaceful decision.

We're all here if you need to talk.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#146 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 05:14 PM

Sharon-anne

: mclisa!!!! :
#147 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 06:19 PM

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for quite awhile and can finally post I'm on CD 14 and am O'ing possibly today or soon - so I guess I'm waiting to O. DH and I finally made the decision to just go ahead and start trying for #2. I'm not charting or anything this month, just going by CM. I've had EWCM since Monday and am kind of crampy today. We were planning on waiting until December and I was going to start charting next month but I got impatient and I'm ready NOW! We GIO last night and Monday night so we did get the right days even for a last minute decision. I'm not looking forward to the 2WW - I remember it being super tough while trying for DS so thought I would start posting
#148 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 06:51 PM

When is TOO early to test? I know its too early now on 6 dpo but I am getting SO impatient and just making up symptoms in my head and implantation may not even have occured yet even if it is going to.

So what is the earliest anyone has tested + -- I know Anna thought it was earlier than it was or something and there was someone else how had tested really early but now I cant remember who. So would it be crazy of me to test on say Mon. which would be 10 dpo? Even Mon. seems forever away...
#149 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 07:02 PM

Welcome Dana!

Morgan, just go and by the internet cheapies... then pee once a day from 6 DPO on... it will cure your POAS issues but only do it if you can handle a BFN for a few days in a row. That's what I used to do. It gets tiring and emotionally draining after a month or two of doing that and then you get sick of it and swear off testing forever. LOL

#150 of 221 Old 09-23-2004, 07:20 PM

Where do you get the internet cheapies?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page